VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hot Shots! [V0.1.2a] [Midnight Riot]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

rogokin

Jul 4, 2020
Is this happening for anybody else when you choose to play B-Ball with your friend instead of meeting Kay and the animation starts where MC is holding the ball and it just rocks back and forth and doesn't advance at all?

And if I roll back it gives me two options to shoot or run past him but if I click on either it kicks me back to the main menu.

Last edited:

Midnight Riot

Developer of "Hot Shots!"
Game Developer
May 23, 2022
Is this happening for anybody else when you choose to play B-Ball with your friend instead of meeting Kay and the animation starts where MC is holding the ball and it just rocks back and forth and doesn't advance at all?

And if I roll back it gives me two options to shoot or run past him but if I click on either it kicks me back to the main menu.
I doubt that anyone else had this problem, but which version did you download—v0.1.2a or v0.1.2?
and did you tamper with the scripts or insert any translation files or something?

rogokin

Jul 4, 2020
I doubt that anyone else had this problem, but which version did you download—v0.1.2a or v0.1.2?
and did you tamper with the scripts or insert any translation files or something?
1.2a. But I figured it out I used the Universal_Choice_Descriptor mod.

Otter123

Dec 17, 2020
Buddy You are too old to play this game. The youth/basketball lingo is going above your head.
However, if you identify any errors, please notify me so that I can correct them.
You spent 7 months making limited content. The least you could do is have somebody who actually speaks English proof read the small amount of writing in the game to get rid of the massive amounts of Engrish.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight Riot

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
I don't think there should be too many content choices in this early stage, because whichever one I choose, I miss the next event, and the more of these choices, the shorter the gameplay time will be for us. I'm in favour of giving all content when the game is trying to gain fans and supporters, at least for 4-5 updates.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Hot Shots! [V0.1.2a] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 139mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The cringe slang in this game makes me want to blow my brains out.....
It's like reading slang a dad would say to sound cool...

Edit: Yup... I don't care how good this game is now. I got to the ice cream parlor, and all the dumb shit they were saying made me turn the game off and delete it. I'm all for trying to be current, but you're going over the top with it. I don't care if "that's how you talk" as you posted else where. I have to be able to play a game and read the text without feeling like I'm getting dumber every second I keep going. In fact every time the MC opens his mouth, I can't help but thinking "Wow, what a douchebag."

Let me know if you get someone else to rewrite this bullshit into something resembling an 1Q over 100.

Last edited:

Midnight Riot

Developer of "Hot Shots!"
Game Developer
May 23, 2022
The cringe slang in this game makes me want to blow my brains out.....
It's like reading slang a dad would say to sound cool...

Edit: Yup... I don't care how good this game is now. I got to the ice cream parlor, and all the dumb shit they were saying made me turn the game off and delete it. I'm all for trying to be current, but you're going over the top with it. I don't care if "that's how you talk" as you posted else where. I have to be able to play a game and read the text without feeling like I'm getting dumber every second I keep going. In fact every time the MC opens his mouth, I can't help but thinking "Wow, what a douchebag."

Let me know if you get someone else to rewrite this bullshit into something resembling an 1Q over 100.
The dialogue has already been modified after numerous complaints about slags, and I got a helper to proofread the dialogues. Things will be a little better in the next version, I guess.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
The trick with slang is to use it very sparingly. It is rare for some one to just use it more than a handful of times in a given conversation. Even the group of people from London (The Cockneys) don't go over board with their rhyming slang. There is a thin line between endearing and annoying in its usage.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Hot Shots! [V0.1.2a] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 139mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Fixed Load Menu Problem..

• Red Heart
Dec 27, 2022
A lil short, but I mostly enjoyed it. Could you add an alternate option for the Erin scene? I wanna chill with her, but I ain't a fan of the MC acting like a wuss to do it.
so there is an Erin scene , i chose to go to the club instead so i missed that one , figured out a more interesting character would show up there , and i was right .

• Red Heart

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
I hope the next chapter is better, because this was a long time to wait for this little bit of content.
Hopefully this won't be the last update.

• Red Heart

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
The dialogue has already been modified after numerous complaints about slags, and I got a helper to proofread the dialogues. Things will be a little better in the next version, I guess.
The protag ain't bad. His personality & slang gives him character. I'd take him any day over the usual bland, creepy and/or dumb protags we get around here.

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
Update from Discord

Dev Log #10
Wuz Goodie!
First and foremost, thank you for playing the game and keeping a watch on us.
Now let's get down to business.
You folks appreciated our latest update and the adjustments we made, however some, if not more, of you don't like my work, by which I mean the writing part. I'm very aware that some people don't like the dialogues, and I agree that they're a little out of character for our Mc. So I've chosen to rewrite those dialogues, and we'll also hire a guy to proofread my shit. By the way, we have a guy who is helping us with our shitty dialogue, but we haven't finalised anything with him yet.
We've decided to add a new tag to our game: "pregnancy".
Yes, you read that correctly. I spent hours reading the story and discovered that I can add pregnancy with three of the main girls and a few side girls to get pregnant without breaking the story and making it more intriguing.
Some of the question we got asked.
One of the most asked questions we received was, "How many main love interests are there?"
Season 1 features eight girls as the major love interests, and when season 1 ends, three of the girls will be removed as the main love interests and will disappear from season 2. Season 2 will feature three new girls as the main love interests for our character.
Is this game going to be free or will it become a paid game?
No, at least season one will be free, but patrons will gain early access.
Are we gonna launch this game on steam?
I'm not interested in doing a steam launch, but if the game does well, I might consider it in the future.
Now let's talk about the development.
We have decided to do a monthly update from now on, so you can expect an update in the next month for sure.
How big is the next update going to be?
I can't really say much about it as I have left it on Diddy. If he is able to pull 500 renders before 30, then 500; otherwise, if he is able to get 200–300, then 200–300. btw, if you guys don't know, Diddy is sharing daily info on our Discord server about how many renders he did on the present day. This is the final Public Dev log; from now on, we will only publish information with patrons. If you are not a patron, I recommend you join our discord server, where Diddy is discussing about his work, which will give you an idea of what is going on. Hot Shots! v0.1.3 development info
Plot = 100%
Writing = 100%
Nerd stuff = 50%
Scene posed = 270
Renders done = 125
Animation = 3
Episode 1 has 25 scenes, 10 of which were released in v0.1.2, leaving 15 scenes to complete, and we have covered three additional scenes thus far.
Stay Awesome!

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Some weird slang overuse and grammar don't bother me, so I like this game.

What annoys me (v0.1.2) is 2 second dissolve plus pause that I need to click through, plus again 2 seconds' dissolve plus pause that I need to click through. All that just to move to the next screen. Like this:
Code:
    scene black with circlewipe
    pause
    scene hmco_01 with circlewipe
    pause
Man please remove those pauses and reduce "circlewipe" dissolve time from 2.0 to 0.2. Otherwise it's really annoying and asks for -2 stars for the game.

Apart from that, all feels well.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes