Aug 10, 2019
Yes. time spent on the visual novel aspect could be another enemy added, it could been other hunters that you could play as or back you up. two girls being raped by the purple dingo dogo thingys, search your horny feelings and give in you know you want to see that. the story stuff is where he hits road blocks then says time for a new game, it's the inevitable.

Reactions: Fly'earth

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
wait...WAIT...so, whatve you been telling me..is that ive been playing PART 1!? all this time!? ive read updates and played the game and went, dude, i dont see the update, is it bugged or just premium? i didnt know you had to extract EACH DATA file into one folder. ....well, i guess i got something to do now.
Shocking what happens when you read the installation instructions...

darsig

Nov 30, 2017
I myself have NEVER used any of the un-censor patches that float on this thread or anywhere else for that matter. It doesn't seem to me like it adds anything to the experience of value and I'd rather not compromise my game files with some DLL hack by some forum rando (no offense to those randos).

I wonder if those of you having issues have that in common.
The problem is there was and will be and need to befixed asap, do not thik that other ppl is stupid and you are not..
Simply you using some kind of windows system with special dot (cost common error in this kind of games) or something like that, installed special soft doing this kind of thing or something close to this, and you do not even knows about this.
You simply do not know that all you need to turn censour off is to change 1 variable in dll file, game developer made this option himself but simply didn't add this to ingame ui settings. This is same original dll file from game developer where, we randos, simply сhanging this variable from "true" to "false" option
And remember you ARE same rando here as others man

Last edited:

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Shocking what happens when you read the installation instructions...
I also remember the days when you needed all parts in order to even extract anything and then when you opened part 1 for example, ALL parts(1, 2 and 3)would get extracted into the same folder, instead of the mess that this is.

It's never been the case for this game, I was just using 3 parts as an example. So yeah it's not exactly straight forward when you can play using just part 1. I would think the game would crash or not even open if a 3rd of the game was opened.

I'm guessing these are just continuations and there will eventually be 10+ parts and maybe one will only need to download parts 8, 9 and 10 if they have been neglecting updates for a bit. Just a theory as to why part 1 opens by itself. *shrug*

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I also remember the days when you needed all parts in order to even extract anything and then when you opened part 1 for example, ALL parts(1, 2 and 3)would get extracted into the same folder, instead of the mess that this is.

It's never been the case for this game, I was just using 3 parts as an example. So yeah it's not exactly straight forward when you can play using just part 1. I would think the game would crash or not even open if a 3rd of the game was opened.

I'm guessing these are just continuations and there will eventually be 10+ parts and maybe one will only need to download parts 8, 9 and 10 if they have been neglecting updates for a bit. Just a theory as to why part 1 opens by itself. *shrug*
What it is is that the developer doesn't know / want to learn how to do linked archives. So they manually separate out the data files into separate compressed files. Part 1 has the files needed to run the game and the first section's areas, enemies and scenes. Part 2 and (now) 3 have data for later areas, enemies, and scenes. Since it's only missing the later areas, it'll run fine until the game tries to load an area, enemy, or scene that's in a later part of the download. Instead of crashing and giving a "missing x file" type of error, it just gets stuck loading infinitely.

I know it's not straightforward, and the first post used to just day the standard "extract and run". I spent around 7-8 updates posting and reposting the full installation instructions, written in fairly minute detail so anyone with basic knowledge of clicking a mouse should be able to install the game correctly.

The first post installation instructions now say to extract and combine all the files, so I haven't had to do that as much. But there are still many people who don't pay attention to the first post installation instructions, and just show up asking "why am I getting this error", which is nearly always because they didn't install correctly.

You may be able to only download later parts (eventually), but I personally wouldn't bet on it. Any changes top the data for Part 1 could mess up later parts if you only download the old files. Though if you keep up to date you could manage with just the update only files. Though using the update only files REQUIRES the exact previous game version, and can break if you miss any updates (like a bugfix update).

Reel0216

Nov 27, 2020
If you are having the issue where you see text on the screen and a white background, make 100% sure that you dumped the new "Hounds of the meteor_data" folder contents into the old one and that the name of the new .exe file is the same as that data folder minus the "_data". (if your .exe is "Hounds of the Meteor.exe", the data file needs to be "Hounds of the Meteor_data" if it's hotm.exe, then the data file needs to be hotm_data)

If you follow the instructions, you shouldn't have an issue but I changed the exe to "hotm.exe" for some reason a few updates ago and I've had the issue every time. In my case, I would make sure the data folder has been updated with new files and then I would change the name of the data file to "hotm_data".

Follow Sgt. Bilko the first time because he is right, but try this as a troubleshooting step before downloading all the files again.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I can't seem to download this file
In chrome, though every browser should have a similar option, click on the save file to bring it up. Then you can do one of two things. First, on the upper right of the window is the menu button, 3 vertical dots. In that there's a section called more tools, which brings up more options, one of which is "save page as", which allows you to save the file as an xml. The second option is to just use control+s, which is the default save shortcut for just about everything.

novatallion

Oct 11, 2019
does anyone know how to play with all the content?

the download consists of 3 part

what should i do for those parts?
should i merge all 3 into 1 and REPLACE anything that has same name? what if i encountered, a same file but has different file size? shoud i choose the biggest size or not?

please help

tetrayrok

Apr 2, 2021
does anyone know how to play with all the content?

the download consists of 3 part

what should i do for those parts?
should i merge all 3 into 1 and REPLACE anything that has same name? what if i encountered, a same file but has different file size? shoud i choose the biggest size or not?

please help
if you are initially installing, yes just merge all three parts into hotm1 folder. That's it. That's all.

If you are trying update existing combined hotm1 folder with a patch or update, it's a different process.

3.90 star(s) 15 Votes