JC9750

Sep 18, 2017
No I don't think that is really even possible with out breaking the progression if you want that just get the Master Control mod where you can tell the bitches to get naked then suck your cock if you don't wanna do the story.
where can you find the master control mod?

kensvs

Nov 19, 2017
i try doing the Racheal quest twice now, both fail cause she got stuck in a room between master and study room, she just keep on walking againts an open door and i cant unstuck her.. anyone else got this problem..?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i try doing the Racheal quest twice now, both fail cause she got stuck in a room between master and study room, she just keep on walking againts an open door and i cant unstuck her.. anyone else got this problem..?
same to me everytime with ashley quest.
but i still can get her out by "pushing" her. (but that still broke the quest anyway, i dont know why)

frankietwofingers

Jul 11, 2017
Gents, so is there going to be some save shit issue fixing stuff? otherwise game is useless, or may anyone share some saves with us? Regards

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
Gents, so is there going to be some save shit issue fixing stuff? otherwise game is useless, or may anyone share some saves with us? Regards
Yours is the million dollar question. I haven't seen any official acknowledgement of this problem from the dev team, even though it seems to be a fairly widespread issue. There are no mentions of a save bug on Eek's official forums (at least that I could see) and the one person who asked about save problems on their Discord channel was never replied to. I've raised the question again on Discord, so we'll see if I can get anywhere with it.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
  • you can get rachel and katherine in the same playthrough. try doing katherine first, then rachel. you might also be able to get vickie after katherine, but im not sure (vickies story requires you to get booze, i dont know if theres enough in the house after getting rum for katherine).
All of the alcohol outside the cabinet is used (unless there's an extra hidden somewhere) to progress Rachel, Patrick, Frank, and Stephanie to where you need them for the Vickie quest. The 3 possibles in the cabinet are all that's left to get drunk enough for Vickie sex.

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For you guys, and ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM SAVING. I'm hoping people will see this.

What happened is this: Eek released a broken version of 0.8.1 (i.e the version with the save problem). They realized, acknowledged and addressed this issue quickly, updating the download link to a new version. HOWEVER: the downloads of 0.8.1 that are floating around unofficial channels are all from this period where the download was broken, before the link was updated with a fixed release. So, unless you can find someone with the privileges necessary to download the fixed version, there is no way around this bug. HOWEVER: the next beta release is scheduled for later this week, so the problem is going to become moot very quickly anyway.

In short: the save bug in 0.8.1 is going to stay unless someone can get their hands on a 0.8.1 download that was released after the fix, but a new version is coming out this week (Thursday, probably) so it won't be a problem for much longer.

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
I can't get this to work. It keeps saying there was a problem downloading the story files. I unzip the original story in the folder, try to start the game it says there was a problem downloading the story files. I go back to the folder and the story files are deleted. If I firewall the executable it loads an empty house with a Christmas tree.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016

For you guys, and ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM SAVING. I'm hoping people will see this.

What happened is this: Eek released a broken version of 0.8.1 (i.e the version with the save problem). They realized, acknowledged and addressed this issue quickly, updating the download link to a new version. HOWEVER: the downloads of 0.8.1 that are floating around unofficial channels are all from this period where the download was broken, before the link was updated with a fixed release. So, unless you can find someone with the privileges necessary to download the fixed version, there is no way around this bug. HOWEVER: the next beta release is scheduled for later this week, so the problem is going to become moot very quickly anyway.

In short: the save bug in 0.8.1 is going to stay unless someone can get their hands on a 0.8.1 download that was released after the fix, but a new version is coming out this week (Thursday, probably) so it won't be a problem for much longer.
save are broken sinze the 0.8.0 . as old save was not possible to load. its not an specific 0.8.1 bug, its like that sinze the last major update.

TorrentToad

Nov 23, 2017

thanks for the update !

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
save are broken sinze the 0.8.0 . as old save was not possible to load. its not an specific 0.8.1 bug, its like that sinze the last major update.
I'm afraid you've lost me. I never had a problem saving with version 0.8.0, and you've never been able to use a save from an old version of the game with a new update, at least based on what I can recall of the developer's statements. At best, you'd be able to use an old save to load a game that doesn't feature any of the content from the new version, but I'm not even sure if that works, since I've never tried it.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I'm afraid you've lost me. I never had a problem saving with version 0.8.0, and you've never been able to use a save from an old version of the game with a new update. At best, you'd be able to use an old save to load a game that doesn't feature any of the content from the new version, but I'm not even sure if that works, since I've never tried it.
well sinze the last update of 0.8.0 i was never able to save any game. always get teh same error again and again.

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
well sinze the last update of 0.8.0 i was never able to save any game. always get teh same error again and again.
Ohhhh, I get you. A complete and total failure of the save system, to the point where you can't even load an existing save. Sorry, I think I may have over-complicated your last post in my own head. That really is unfortunate, though. Hopefully the next version solves your problem. Otherwise, I'd actually recommend joining the dev's Discord channel. You can communicate directly with some of the team that way and they might be able to help solve your problem.

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
I can't get this to work. It keeps saying there was a problem downloading the story files. I unzip the original story in the folder, try to start the game it says there was a problem downloading the story files. I go back to the folder and the story files are deleted. If I firewall the executable it loads an empty house with a Christmas tree.
Folks, any resolution to this?

bobn

Oct 31, 2017
I keep getting the error message with the save, too. Plus, it seems this game is really hard to maneuver. Not worth the effort.

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
Am I the ONLY one having a problem to getting the stories to load?

I unzipped the zip into the Eek/HouseParty folder.
I ran the game as admin.

STILL says it's having a problem downloading the story files.

Little help here?

Note: Blocked the EXE with the firewall and it loaded an empty house with a Christmas Tree.

Can't play the game though.

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
Am I the ONLY one having a problem to getting the stories to load?

I unzipped the zip into the Eek/HouseParty folder.
I ran the game as admin.

STILL says it's having a problem downloading the story files.

Little help here?

Note: Blocked the EXE with the firewall and it loaded an empty house with a Christmas Tree.

Can't play the game though.
Blocking the EXE with your firewall is going to result in an empty house because the game connects to the whatever service it is every time the game starts. Preventing that basically stops the game from loading properly, which is why you get an empty house.

If you're repeatedly seeing this error message, then there is something preventing the game from connecting to the internet properly. First piece of advice is to make sure the game has full exceptions within your firewall/virus scanner/whatever else might prevent it from connecting properly, or suspending those services when you boot up the game.

I've also quoted TanatOS' post with the most recent update (located on page 55, in case the files don't get transferred with quoted messages). Attached to this post is a .zip file with the story files in them, called 'Mods.0.8.1.' If you give House Party full exceptions and you still can't get it to run properly, take all of the files out of the 'Stories' folder in the .zip and copy the files over to your Eek mod directory (Windows: Documents/Eek/House Party/Mods/Stories). This might help get things running for you.

EDIT: Screw it. I've attached the .zip to this post. Might as well, I guess.

If none of that works... well, I'll keep looking.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 62 Votes