Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Getting the error message while trying to save. If the damned thing would state WHAT error it's encountering trying to save it might make reporting the issue simpler, but whatever... "can't save" will have to do.

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
Blocking the EXE with your firewall is going to result in an empty house because the game connects to the whatever service it is every time the game starts. Preventing that basically stops the game from loading properly, which is why you get an empty house.

If you're repeatedly seeing this error message, then there is something preventing the game from connecting to the internet properly. First piece of advice is to make sure the game has full exceptions within your firewall/virus scanner/whatever else might prevent it from connecting properly, or suspending those services when you boot up the game.

I've also quoted TanatOS' post with the most recent update (located on page 55, in case the files don't get transferred with quoted messages). Attached to this post is a .zip file with the story files in them, called 'Mods.0.8.1.' If you give House Party full exceptions and you still can't get it to run properly, take all of the files out of the 'Stories' folder in the .zip and copy the files over to your Eek mod directory (Windows: Documents/Eek/House Party/Mods/Stories). This might help get things running for you.

EDIT: Screw it. I've attached the .zip to this post. Might as well, I guess.

If none of that works... well, I'll keep looking.
Thank you, I'll give it one more try.

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
Thank you, I'll give it one more try.
Well, thanks for trying man but it's just not working for me. I've done everything I can think to do. I changed the folder permissions, changed the owner of the folder so an and so forth. It's just not gonna work.

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
Getting the error message while trying to save. If the damned thing would state WHAT error it's encountering trying to save it might make reporting the issue simpler, but whatever... "can't save" will have to do.
If you're playing the most current version, just grit your teeth. That's all you can do, unfortunately. The devs uploaded an incorrect version of 0.8.1 first, and that's unfortunately the version of 0.8.1 that's floating around the unofficial channels. The next version is due out on Thursday and hopefully there won't be any issues with the save system in there.

Well, thanks for trying man but it's just not working for me. I've done everything I can think to do. I changed the folder permissions, changed the owner of the folder so an and so forth. It's just not gonna work.
That's balls. I'll keep an eye out, though. With any luck, I might stumble across something genuinely helpful.

Reactions: Vealis

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
If you're playing the most current version, just grit your teeth. That's all you can do, unfortunately. The devs uploaded an incorrect version of 0.8.1 first, and that's unfortunately the version of 0.8.1 that's floating around the unofficial channels. The next version is due out on Thursday and hopefully there won't be any issues with the save system in there.

That's balls. I'll keep an eye out, though. With any luck, I might stumble across something genuinely helpful.
It's very strange that the mod files disappear after running the game. Why do the files go missing after attempting to run the game? Maybe some kind of new copy protection routine?

spydak

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda funny how Ashley is upset about Mads spilling beer on her blouse, but now that top is basically what she goes into the hot tub with. I think it's good and clean, Ash.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
May still not exist in this version.....Huahahahahhahha
there's sex, it just requires you to finish one of three long and difficult storylines. some of the things you have to do for them aren't hinted at all, and it's possible to fuck up an entire storyline (which means NO sex) by choosing the wrong line of dialogue.

if you don't want hours of trial and error with constant saving/loading, only for it to turn out that you did ONE thing wrong at the start and can't gt laid now, you're gonna want to do one of the following:
  1. find a walkthrough
  2. download a custom story from the official forums
  3. cheat with the in-game console (lets you spawn items, insta-complete quests and even have sex whenever)
unless your post was a just a joke about how the sex scenes suck in which case ill go fuck myself.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
All of the alcohol outside the cabinet is used (unless there's an extra hidden somewhere) to progress Rachel, Patrick, Frank, and Stephanie to where you need them for the Vickie quest. The 3 possibles in the cabinet are all that's left to get drunk enough for Vickie sex.
so to fuck vickie, you need to drink the rum that you would otherwise give to katherine? gotcha. i'll update my post. thanks!

jarb01

May 18, 2017
Kinda funny how Ashley is upset about Mads spilling beer on her blouse, but now that top is basically what she goes into the hot tub with. I think it's good and clean, Ash.
it depends. if the beer has soaked in, simply wearing it in the hot tub might not wash the beer out completely. otherwise, you probably wouldn't have to use the washing machine when you clean it for her.

not that it really matters. i doubt the devs were really woried about any of that. and it helps me get on her good side so that i get my dick sucked, so i'm not too worried either.

R

raulecreuset

In this game can you only cum outside ? Or have a way to cum inside the girl's pussy ?

MajorGrimbly

Nov 6, 2017
so to fuck vickie, you need to drink the rum that you would otherwise give to katherine? gotcha. i'll update my post. thanks!
Apparently you can use the flask that you give to Patrick (to help him fight Frank), but I've never tried it, so I don't know for sure. But it's something to experiment with, if you want to try for Katherine and Vickie in the same run.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Have the same issue. I get no error message but it is stuck at downloading game files and start game is greyed out and can not click the drop down box to select the story file. Downloaded the mod files and placed them in documents/eek/house party and nothing. Tried placing it where the game is and still nothing. If I delete the eek directory in documents then one does not get created when launching the game which leads me to believe the game is not actually doing anything. It's weird too, 0.8.0 worked fine so I can only guess it may be a new copy protection scheme. Oh well, I'll try again with 0.8.0 to see if the problem persists once the mega cool down finishes tomorrow.

Update - Fixed it. This game doesn't support symbolic links and I moved my documents to another drive. Once I put the story files/mod folder back to the c:\ drive it worked. Game is still BS in finding ways to get laid though.

Last edited:

jarb01

May 18, 2017
8.2 released today. changelog says they updated brittney's model. been a long time coming, hopefully her vaj isn't just textured on anymore. dev blog says that date night with brittney isn't included in this build though, but its a good thing we still have custom stories to let us see any of it.

3.60 star(s) 62 Votes