kidopitz

Jan 13, 2018
Having the same problem. Game just freezes at loading screen then constantly shows not responding
Same as mine i thought it has the same problem with the man of the house game that you need to put the folder in desktop to make the phone freezing to work but it didn't. Put all the mods and patches in the correct places and run it on admin rights and it still froze in the loading screen i know it froze because the dots (.) on the loading word didn't show anymore.

digitalextremes

May 3, 2017
talk to frank in the backyard (he is standing outside the back window) and get him to give his phone, show her the vid on the phone and she will take you upstairs

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Latest House Party(0.8.7) is somewhat of a framerate killer for me.
I actually see GPU usage jump all the way to 99-100%, and framerate dips below 60 FPS frequently.
It used to be that my GPU usage was at most 70-80% back in 0.8.0 and older, and framerate was locked 60 FPS (v-sync).

The solution to that is to either disable realistic shadows or lighting from the options, but that reduces overall graphics quality.

I'm on an i5-2500k, GTX 970 OC, 8GB of Ram and Windows 7 x64.

Does anyone else experience such severe performance loss?
What hardware are you using?
Also, any solutions other than reducing graphics quality?

tk0995

Oct 6, 2017
I complete the scavenger hunt for amy, but there is no "Chasing Amy" quest. How do you start this quest?

p22

Jun 21, 2017
You need to not complete scavenger hunt, by abandoning it when Amy gets in doubts, about the tasks.

Reactions: tk0995

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Latest House Party(0.8.7) is somewhat of a framerate killer for me.
I actually see GPU usage jump all the way to 99-100%, and framerate dips below 60 FPS frequently.
It used to be that my GPU usage was at most 70-80% back in 0.8.0 and older, and framerate was locked 60 FPS (v-sync).

The solution to that is to either disable realistic shadows or lighting from the options, but that reduces overall graphics quality.

I'm on an i5-2500k, GTX 970 OC, 8GB of Ram and Windows 7 x64.

Does anyone else experience such severe performance loss?
What hardware are you using?
Also, any solutions other than reducing graphics quality?
It's not really a performance *loss* per say. The realtime lights and shadows were an addition to the game, so they require more GPU. If you turn them both off, the game will look and run just like it did last version. The game runs smooth on my system, but my FPS drops considerably when enabling the realtime stuff, as expected.

digitalextremes

May 3, 2017
I am on mac but the game is either freezing on loading screen or rendering very very slowly even when using the dedicated graphics if it goes past loading screen

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Was wondering why the new 0.8.7 release was 20GB, do we really need the linux, mac, and 32/64 versions on the same download? Jeez

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I dont understand why you're complaining. . .
I opted for the torrent download, didn't bother checking the data. But also didn't realize that there was four 5GB copies of the game included, so yeah. Wish that was more apparent.

ValterOlivei

Sep 20, 2017
Hello, I can not start the game, every time I am try, it shows the loading screen but then frozen. I have already copied the mod folder according to the instruction. Can someone help me?

jarb01

May 18, 2017
its thursday, and theres no signs of patch notes or a new release. they mentioned they were working on getting a new story out for valentines day, so they're probably busy working on that.

3.60 star(s) 62 Votes