-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I will never understand some of the odd poses used in VNs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway, like a couple have said, there are some odd choices the dev has made over the past however many releases. For the majority of the game, we are either focused on the MC and all of his different experiences or the mom and her struggles to come to grips with a collapsing marriage and new attraction to her son. Then, out of the blue, the side plot of Allen and Mrs. Routh going through the same thing (but going about it differently) gets several scenes. I don't have a problem with multiple storylines going on at the same time, but this seems to have been randomly added with no real connection to the rest of events other than that Allen is friends with the MC. Other than maybe adding more dialogue and renders, what exactly is the point of this extra story? It seems not to fit anything else in the game except for the ongoing incest fetish. The description of the game is, "Matthew has always been someone that goes for what he wants til he decides he wants more than he's been getting see how far he goes til he is finally satisfied". This doesn't seem to keep with that theme.

There are other issues too (considerable need of proofreading, inconsistent sound application, etc.), but the other major problem is the tendency of the game to try to steal Mary away from the MC. There are multiple examples of this: Mary almost getting raped at yoga, then the Lita and Mary drunk lewd scene, followed by Tim (the husband) molesting her over her protests, and finally the direction of the Katie story, where Mary would help "with some more cosplay ideas" — right, because that's what would be happening. :rolleyes: I guess the point of all of this is to make the MC really work for it or something.

But that's only a guess, and that's also part of the problem. The game seems to be somewhat rudderless, just moving the boat in any direction that comes to mind. The MC often forces girls to do things (the whole Principle Stratus story, the initial interactions with Mary, the most recent cosplay event with Katie) while trying to claim that others doing that are scum. It rings particularly hollow, especially when paired with the apparent need of all women to get dominated that the game implies. . . . until it doesn't (see the very ending teaser)? And now that's happened with the whole Allen story as well, where he decides it's OK to grind on Mrs. Routh while she sleeps, and then she just accepts it. Mixed feelings on this game, but confusing and frustrating are a couple of the more prominent emotions.

parqueo

Jan 21, 2019

Finished a couple scenes so for the next update here's a little preview.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I can't read shit when scene happen at midday with background (White furniture, white wall, super bright light) fully colored white.
Is there a mod to forced dialog box ?
Or mod to make text had outlines ?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I can't read shit when scene happen at midday with background (White furniture, white wall, super bright light) fully colored white.
Is there a mod to forced dialog box ?
Or mod to make text had outlines ?
I can't promise it will work for you ofc, but you might consider this mod by Penfold Mole. While it's designed to make the background transparent, it adds a black outline for white text so that it's readable. I haven't tried it myself, but it's something to consider. The alternatives are either to edit the script file for that (gui.rpy in the /game folder) and make changes yourself or to replace the image being used with one called the same thing but that's a different color. It's in your GUI folder — go wherever you have the main folder for the game and look in the /game/gui subfolders within that for a file called textbox.png to change it.

You can open that in an image editing program (probably one that allows transparency; GIMP is free and will do). Once open, edit it yourself, save your updated / changed image, and then run the game. Alternately, b/c I already changed my own since it bugged me as well, I'm attaching my replacement image. You can just unzip it and paste that into the folder I mentioned above, replacing the existing file when asked. Then run the game and the text box should be somewhat darker so you can read the game text.

Last edited:

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I can't promise it will work for you ofc, but you might consider this mod by Penfold Mole. While it's designed to make the background transparent, it adds a black outline for white text so that it's readable. I haven't tried it myself, but it's something to consider. The alternatives are either to edit the script file for that (gui.rpy in the /game folder) and make changes yourself or to replace the image being used with one called the same thing but that's a different color. It's in your GUI folder — go wherever you have the main folder for the game and look in the /game/gui subfolders within that for a file called textbox.png to change it.
I tried your textbox.png, but not working. Tried to find which lines determine the textbox, in case the dev turn the script to false or not using it, I can't find it. I'm no expert.
BUT, the mod by Penfold Mole solve the trouble. And as you said, it did create black outline on the text, now every text can be read. Thank you, Cookie !(y)

FOR ANYONE HAVE PROBLEM WITH READING THE TEXT
GO INSTALL THIS MOD
[Tool] [Ren'Py] Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.3

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
What's with all the dry clicks? Is that supposed to control the pacing?

People who read do that naturally. Work on the writing.
I've always viewed it as attempting to make the game seem longer than it really is. If you have to click/hit spacebar three times for every scene then you've essential increased the length of the update 3X. This is purely speculation as I don't know the motives of the game creator.

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
It's a train wreck for many reasons but it is salvageable.
It needs spelling, grammar and proof reading help badly.
First add these two lines to gui.rpy in the font and font size section ( The off green seemed conflict the least with the images.) I have a attached a revised version for folks to just drop in as a replacement if they don't want to edit it themselves..

define gui.text_color = "#678059"

style say_dialogue:
outlines [ (absolute(2), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]

Reactions: ashol and phreadom

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
I found the color with I was looking for a not garish color that rarely showed up. It's notable that it's a un named green color.

parqueo

Jan 21, 2019

It has taken me forever to move, I am finally done and back to this but I want to apologize for not getting it done sooner and for the wait.
Im gonna finish this this week even if It kills me lol, but as a thank you for sticking around this update will be free and posted next week friday. No tiers this update if you are a patreon it will be available to all. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Jeff, ranfis, flipflop and everyone else big thanks to you you guys kept me wanting to get everything underway and finished. and It will be so.
It has taken me forever to move, I am finally done and back to this but I want to apologize for not getting it done sooner and for the wait.
Im gonna finish this this week even if It kills me lol, but as a thank you for sticking around this update will be free and posted next week friday. No tiers this update if you are a patreon it will be available to all. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Jeff, ranfis, flipflop and everyone else big thanks to you you guys kept me wanting to get everything underway and finished. and It will be so.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
HowItAllBegan-1.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . No bitches peers? Look here.​

2.80 star(s) 23 Votes