slick97

Dec 2, 2021

mr.moonmi said:
Hi everyone.

Finished polishing the first two scenes and sent them to the translator. But he has like 2 hours of power per day now, so translations will take longer to make. I hope it won't affect the overall dev process, as I tend to finish coding all scenes before posing the last one. So that he had more time.

My main focus still remains on posing and rendering. As I said in the previous dev update, the scenes I'm working on right now are tricky and heavy. But necessary. Every time I have to add more than two characters in the scene, the nightmare begins) Total numbers: 631 renders & 18 animations.

Next week I plan to finish coding and polishing the 3rd scene and continue posing. I have two big scenes left to make. It's about 200-300 renders and at least 5 animations. I have big plans for the last scene, and I hope it'll be the best I ever made.

I've also decided on a title for this update. Chapter 2, Part One gonna be called "Earth meets the Moon".

Sorry, there wasn't a new preview this week. I just didn't want to distract from the main work to do postwork for raw renders. And I don't want to post unfinished art.

The same for the wallpaper and special renders. Due to limited time with power, I try to focus on the main thing. But I promise I'll work on them tomorrow.

I also decided I'll add a few patreon special renders to the game. Some of them will still remain exclusive to patrons tho. So from now on, any special render I make may appear in the game eventually.

Have a nice weekend and stay safe!

mr.moonmi
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

mr.moonmi said:
Hi guys.

Very productive week. I finished coding and polishing the third scene, and it's already being translated. The scene I've been working on for the last two weeks takes a lot of time to render, so I had some time to focus on coding and writing more. I almost finished coding the next scene just in two days. And that's despite the fact that I rewrote most of it. It actually happens pretty often. While writing scenes for the first time, I have one picture in my head, but after the art is done, I often change a lot in dialogue. Coz whether it just feels unnatural or just the writing is shit, lol. I know I'm doing double work here, but I can't do anything about it for now. Still trying to figure out and improve my workflow in that area. Writing often relies on my inspiration. I already mentioned how I can write hundreds of lines of dialogue in just one day when I have inspiration. Words just pour out of me. And sometimes it's a few lines in just one week. But even so, it's not always perfect. I really tried to put a lot of attention and improve my writing in this update.

Anyway, total numbers for now: 696 renders and 18 animations. Posing and rendering are super hard right now as scenes are pretty heavy and take long to render. With current power situation, I only have time to render about 3-5 renders a day. And it's only rendering. For posing work, I often have to start the generator and try to work fast to save gas >_<. For coding and writing, I can use a laptop, so it's fine. And yeah, the power schedule is pretty hardcore, so my sleep regime is also f*cked. Every day I go to bed and wake up at a different time to catch the power times. Here's our power supply schedule. The white cells mean guaranteed power supply hours.
Not whining here. Just sharing this to give you some understanding. And that actually also might be the reason why my art may have a bit lack of quality in some cases. But overall I'm still very scrupulous despite all this mess. So I think you won't even notice it in the end :)

Plans for the next week are the same as usual. Posing, rendering, coding. I also plan to do some post-work for already rendered art. We're slowly but surely getting closer to the end of this update development. My plans on releasing it this month are pretty real.

I do remember I promised you a new outfit poll, I haven't forgotten. Just didn't have time for it. I'll try to post all polls and a new preview next week.

That's it for now. Have a nice weekend and stay safe!

mr.moonmi

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

mr.moonmi said:
Hi everyone.

I've been switching between different tasks all week, trying to do as much as possible. Coded another scene and already sent it to my translator, did postwork for about 100 renders, posed and rendered a scene, which I hadn't actually planned to do, but I just couldn't resist. Plus, even though it's pretty small, it's still lewd and I hope you like it :)

Total numbers*: 791 renders and 20 animations.

*The numbers are approximate.

I'm currently working on the last scene of this update. And I tend to make it diverse in terms of lewd content. That means more and better animations as well as static renders. Therefore, it may take some time to pose and render. Possibly more than one week.

I still have about 300 renders waiting for postwork, and about 3-4 scenes to code. It's a significant amount of work, but I'll try to complete at least 50% of it next week.

mr.moonmi

mr.moonmi said:

Mwah.

Sorry, it's been so long since the last preview. I'll try not to miss any week in the future.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

mr.moonmi said:
This week I focused on writing and coding while occasionally working on art as well. I don't like when my PC doesn't render anything)

Total numbers for now*: 852 renders and 20 animations.

*The numbers are approximate.

I did postwork for about 162 renders for a scene I'm coding currently. The preview is from this scene. It's the first scene in the game where you can actually know Olga better, and I spent almost a whole week on it and haven't even finished. I'll come back to it after I finish this post.

Now I realize I underestimated the amount of work I still have to do. So most likely the release won't be happening this month. I still have 3 scenes to code, do postwork for about 200 renders and finish posing and rendering the last big scene. Including several animations. The power situation has got better recently. But my translator lives in one of the most problematic regions, and power shutdowns still often happen for him. So even if I finish all scenes next week(which is impossible), translations may take a while. I wish I could work faster, but at the same time, I don't want to rush. Nevertheless, we're very close, and I'll do my best to finish it asap.

I also spent some time searching for music this week. I may have found a few good tracks for this update. But I usually add music at the last stage when the whole update is finished.

I really like how this update already looks and feels. Though, as it focuses on girls mostly, it may feel a bit short, especially for those who pursue only one girl. So I would recommend that you play more "womanizer" path if I may say so. So you won't miss all the scenes. But of course, it's up to you.

My plans for next week are as ambitious as the last week's. Complete 50% of all that is left. I'll double the effort this time.

Oh, and the last thing. Wallpapers and special renders will have to wait until the end of the month. I don't want to distract from the main tasks yet.

mr.moonmi

my.moonmi said:
Like a bantha.
like-a-bantha-bantha.gif

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
Just started playing. Fan-bloody-tastic! Beautifully designed characters, with nice locations and engaging story - dramatic when it needs to be, tender, and surprisingly funny at times. Keep up the good work! I will be happy to support.

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
if you ask daisy on a date does that close all other paths?
Hard to say right now. Because other paths are not even opened yet. in the save file, dont even see path attributes for all LI's other than liu and riley. I have anyways kept two saves, with and without daisy date. Dont wanna jeopardize any points with Cathy.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
if you ask daisy on a date does that close all other paths?
As of the current version, the only thing it does is store that you made the choice without affecting any other variables (see spoiler for code snippets).

Hard to say right now. Because other paths are not even opened yet. in the save file, dont even see path attributes for all LI's other than liu and riley. I have anyways kept two saves, with and without daisy date. Dont wanna jeopardize any points with Cathy.
I'll add onto this further by saying that the only character you can actually change the romance path to "true" is with Liu as early as scene 19 at two different points. It's also possible to choose her path again in scene 32, which is evidently tracked in the analytics code as "Liu Path 2" (see spoiler for code snippet).

To the best of my knowledge, it seems that moonmi is storing every single possible choice from the "choices.append" argument into an array rather than using booleans. Why does this matter? Most likely to allow for a wider range of variability within the script without adding a ton of boolean arguments. This also means that none of us will have any ideas as to when and where the choices we've made will appear as only the base variables (e.g. love, friendship, relationship paths) are defined at the beginning.

tl;dr
Assume your choices will have some impact later on in the story.

Reactions: honkyfifteen
4.30 star(s) 61 Votes