ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Can you move between routes or do you get permalocked in whatever you choose on the first day? I mean stuff like choosing to be a dom, making a bad choice and getting "demoted" to a sub. Or the opposite.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It's the way the dev has coded it. We need a mod to fix it.

I altered mine from 0.3.0 so that splashscreen.rpy is different and I don't see those annoyances. This SHOULD work with 0.3.1, I don't see why it wouldn't... I haven't tried it with 0.3.1 yet, don't have that version, but it could be worth throwing this into the game folder and see what happens anyhow.

I'm downloading 0.3.1 now, so I'll try that out.

Edit: okay, I updated the 0.3.1 and tested it and I have one that I know works with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I altered mine from 0.3.0 so that splashscreen.rpy is different and I don't see those annoyances. This SHOULD work with 0.3.1, I don't see why it wouldn't... I haven't tried it with 0.3.1 yet, don't have that version, but it could be worth throwing this into the game folder and see what happens anyhow. I'll attach what I have here... it probably should be named "splashscreen.rpy" but it may not matter as it is the labels in the code that usually matter.
View attachment 3025839
Thanks, bro. Will give it a try.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I altered mine from 0.3.0 so that splashscreen.rpy is different and I don't see those annoyances. This SHOULD work with 0.3.1, I don't see why it wouldn't... I haven't tried it with 0.3.1 yet, don't have that version, but it could be worth throwing this into the game folder and see what happens anyhow.

I'm downloading 0.3.1 now, so I'll try that out.

Edit: okay, I updated the 0.3.1 and tested it and I have one that I know works with it.
Dark Silence

Okay, I downloaded 0.3.1 and I edited and tested this and it works perfectly with the default Windows PC version (I don't use mods). So just drop this file into the GAME folder and it should work without the annoyances. Does for me with a fresh install and no other mods anyhow.

View attachment splashscreen.rpy

Reactions: c.mork

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
And, if anyone's interested. I have my own "universal" mod I mainly created for my own use, so that I could disable text boxes we see behind text, add a dark outline to text to make it easier to read, change the screenshot image type to JPEGs (saves faster and they're smaller in size), enable console mode (SHIFT+O in game) enable developer mode in SOME games (I don't enable it for this game as that causes duplicate label warnings to pop up due to my splashscreen.rpy which replaces theirs. I also like to see a loading screen while it is loading rather than nothing at all, so I know it is doing something, so I made my own custom one I add to games that don't have it already and I have some other code which ensures I have a history I can scroll back to and some other keys that sometimes get diabled.

Anyhow, I just tested this with 0.3.1, so this was zipped straight out of my 0.3.1 game folder just now as it works. Just unzip it into your GAME folder and run the game. It doesn't overwrite ANY of the game's files at all. At least not in a default install. It should even play nice with walkthrough and cheat mods, though untested in this case.

Oh, and a fun thing you can do, if you're a mod developer or just bug testing, while in game playing (doesn't work in the menu), with my mod installed, press SHIFT+O then paste the following line in the console: "show screen bugTesting_Overlay" (no quotes obviously) and you'll see a green bug testing overlay which shows you the current file and the line number within that file the game is currently executing code at. VERY handy (I have this, and how to enable it, in my developer.rpy file, read that to see a comment inside that file on how to use it).

View attachment How_To_Fix_The_Future-0.3.1-NHmod.7z

Reactions: c.mork

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Hmmm, I'm a bit sad that even on total depravity route, MC decides to hang out with Bitchy McBitch Dom, even though just 2 updates ago they hated each others guts. At least the option to tell her to fuck off at the end of dinner was there. Was worried it will get into forced relationship territory.

Just doesn't feel right. As well as MC being all happy about academy, life in future etc.
Got to be honest, depravity route looked best to me (storywise, because MC acts like a cunt towards people in future), but I didn't see any major differences between that and lust/friendship on this update. Hmmm....

Mar 15, 2021
I really really like this game but 3 gallery scenes with the same character is a waste of character development why put 3 huge scenes like that with Octavia while other characters have nothing compared to that? The update was too short we need to balance the number of scenes for each character per chapter, in my opinion.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Bit jarring to see Octavia suddenly do that 180 in the mc non submissive path but it was a good scene otherwise. What I am more sad about that Daisy did not get any action this update either.
180? You are the part of the problem why devs are more into Blueballing us. I don't need to explain again why maledom scene with octavia does not sound like rushing as already someone else posted in this thread with clear reasons. & also this game is already a year old. What more can you expect? Hand holding?

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
I really really like this game but 3 gallery scenes with the same character is a waste of character development why put 3 huge scenes like that with Octavia while other characters have nothing compared to that? The update was too short we need to balance the number of scenes for each character per chapter, in my opinion.
This is not planned suddenly. From first onwards, dev said many times that octavia has three different routes. And most of us are waiting for octavia's sex scenes particularly in vanilla and maledom routes from some updates because she already have significant screentime in femdom route compare to other two from previous updates all together.

4.30 star(s) 61 Votes