Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
I've read that I need to get to valaria to continue the quests, but I can't get there, and no other quest will trigger right now...

Already did the fishing quest too
It seems strange to me, I did not find any bugs concerning this transition. Could you tell me which quest you have to do?

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Game needs proofreading badly.
Engrish is stronk in this one. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
As I said earlier, the game is currently being corrected for the English language. Sorry if your experience with the game was unpleasant because of this.
Thank you for giving your opinion about the game, I will take your criticism into consideration for further development. Thank you for trying IMAPIAW! :)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thats my sign. Goodbye. Hope you find your audience
In principle, from what I understood, the MC can ignore the prostitution part:

This will obviously be possible. I want to give the players as much freedom as possible, and I know that forcing them to 'share their harem' is a crazy idea. :rolleyes:
If the game can be finished without having to prostitute anyone, that's what I'll do.

Reactions: joblo9394

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
In principle, from what I understood, the MC can ignore the prostitution part:
If the game can be finished without having to prostitute anyone, that's what I'll do.
yeah, it's probably correct that you don't have to, but he also said that the prostitution part will be a significant part of the content so why bother with half a game? Updates will either switch focus with one on prostitution and the following on Story/Harem, so we get practically one update in six months, or he is splitting it 50/50 so the story will get onward at a glacial speed.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
yeah, it's probably correct that you don't have to, but he also said that the prostitution part will be a significant part of the content so why bother with half a game? Updates will either switch focus with one on prostitution and the following on Story/Harem, so we get practically one update in six months, or he is splitting it 50/50 so the story will get onward at a glacial speed.
I don't serve as an example in these cases. In one game that I'm playing, the path I'm following hasn't progressed much after several updates, and when it did it was a couple of general scenes that were also on the other paths. So I don't see as bad a complete update every 2 or the 50% of the content every update.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
This game definitely feels inspired by Hero's Harem Guild.

I almost passed it by because the name is....kinda dumb. But I'm enjoying it for what it is now.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
I think the game is pretty good, but the whole prostitution thing seems to conflict with the rest of the plot. For one thing, the MC is literally able to summon resources at will, but is choosing to literally prostitute his friends and loved ones instead because... why? I'm not sure that kind of corruption is the more honest approach in that world of magic. The idea doesn't really fit this story, and that the MC's look at the end really seems to come out of nowhere.

Some other suggestions:

1. Add an in-game slider to determine how much grind is needed; similar to the potions, but without needing to grind gold to reduce leveling grind.

2. Make it easier to find characters in the world. It might be good to have them be shown on the map where they are located.

3. Make the hidden items we need to click on during quests a lot more visible.

Those are the main things that come to mind.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This game rally suffers from a terrible title. The game is far better than the name suggests, and I think it's driving a lot of potential players and donors away before even trying it.
Bearing in mind that the intention is for the MC to earn money by prostituting girls (and I'm going to assume that LIs can be included among the prostitutes if the player wants) and that this was his business before he died and was reborn, the title seems appropriate.

For my part, if I can completely avoid the prostitution part (LIs or non-LIs, it doesn't matter to me), the better.

I think the game is pretty good, but the whole prostitution thing seems to conflict with the rest of the plot. For one thing, the MC is literally able to summon resources at will, but is choosing to literally prostitute his friends and loved ones instead because... why? I'm not sure that kind of corruption is the more honest approach in that world of magic. The idea doesn't really fit this story, and that the MC's look at the end really seems to come out of nowhere.

Some other suggestions:

1. Add an in-game slider to determine how much grind is needed; similar to the potions, but without needing to grind gold to reduce leveling grind.

2. Make it easier to find characters in the world. It might be good to have them be shown on the map where they are located.

3. Make the hidden items we need to click on during quests a lot more visible.

Those are the main things that come to mind.
I agree with all three suggestions.

Otherwise, the prostitution part doesn't excite me. Personally, I don't want to see any scenes of prostitutes fucking with clients, nor of the MC fucking with prostitutes (in fact I prefer the latter to be completely avoided), and of course there is no possibility that one of the LIs is part of the prostitutes. If it's strictly necessary to see the part of the prostitutes, I prefer that they be indefinite characters without a name (prostitute 1, prostitute 2 and so on, to identify them if it's very necessary a name) of whom we only know a diffuse figure with generic features (all type A prostitutes have the same appearance, type B are all the same,... without major defining features except possibly some distinctive detail if she has some kind of special services). But actually I prefer if the prostitution part can be just defined by some text and at most some management mechanism where you see nothing (there is a quest list and the player chooses some anonymous prostitute to do it)

But this is only my opinion.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Personally, I don't want to see any scenes of prostitutes fucking with clients, nor of the MC fucking with prostitutes (in fact I prefer the latter to be completely avoided), and of course there is no possibility that one of the LIs is part of the prostitutes. If it's strictly necessary to see the part of the prostitutes, I prefer that they be indefinite characters without a name (prostitute 1, prostitute 2 and so on, to identify them if it's very necessary a name) of whom we only know a diffuse figure with generic features (all type A prostitutes have the same appearance, type B are all the same,... without major defining features except possibly some distinctive detail if she has some kind of special services). But actually I prefer if the prostitution part can be just defined by some text and at most some management mechanism where you see nothing (there is a quest list and the player chooses some anonymous prostitute to do it)

But this is only my opinion.
i really love your optimism.

Bearing in mind that the intention is for the MC to earn money by prostituting girls (and I'm going to assume that LIs can be included among the prostitutes if the player wants) and that this was his business before he died and was reborn, the title seems appropriate.

• Angry
Reactions: fabulous007

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
i really love your optimism.
Well, the Dev has already indicated that LIs can be prevented from being prostitutes:

This will obviously be possible. I want to give the players as much freedom as possible, and I know that forcing them to 'share their harem' is a crazy idea. :rolleyes:

Yes, it will be possible to prostitute other girls than those the hero is dating. As said before, I want the players to have as much freedom as possible. The harem is present for many reasons, which will become clearer in the next updates.
So an important part is insured. It would only be to avoid the scenes of the MC with the prostitutes, and not have to see any of the scenes of the clients with the prostitutes.

The former would be more important than the latter in my case (if the prostitutes are anonymous girls and not LIs, then it would be voyeurism and I'd skip it using CTRL at worst) In any case, if I cannot have to watch any of the indicated scenes, much better.

Reactions: joblo9394

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Hello !

IMAPIAW v0.3.0 has just been released on .

I have already reported that the game has just received its update, I guess it will take some time for an Uploader to update the links on the topic.
But anyway, the game is still available on Itch.io.

Well, 4 months since the last update. What the hell did I do? Did I revolutionize the world of Visuals Novels and point & click? Not at all.

Did I make my little game the next Fortnite? Not at all...
Have I made changes that will please everyone? Hell no.
To be honest, I've mainly changed the way I look at IMAPIAW. At first, I was trying to do everything the players asked for. And then... It never pleased everyone. It was killing me to know that IMAPIAW was so... Lame.

And then... I said to myself something very simple; "Hey, this is your first "big" project, you won't be able to please everybody anyway. Do your thing, and see what people think.".

So I listened to all of your advice. I thought about what I could do and... I finally decided to take my own view of where I wanted to take my game.

If you're here to play a game that will revolutionize your view of video games, don't bother downloading IMAPIAW.
If you are looking for a game that has no bugs, don't download my game.
If you're looking for a game with thousands of different scenarios, I wouldn't invite you to download either.
In short, if what you want is the perfect "video game", I am clearly not the best candidate. Just move on.

I'm new to this world, I'm learning a lot every day about development and I'm doing my best to apply your advice. Again, I'm not the best candidate if what you're looking for is "the perfect game".

Come on, I'll stop being a whiner.

What has changed in IMAPIAW?

Quite a bit, actually. In the last 4 months, I've had time to fix a lot of bugs, add new levels, more characters and most importantly... New mechanics.

(A more detailed patch notes (.pdf) is available on Itch.io if needed. I'll only go over the various new features of the game in this post)

The first big news is the removal of the dungeon. I had the opportunity to talk about this a few times with some players; The dungeon was introduced in the game to allow players to spend time with the girls of their choice when they were not available. I understand that this was not very popular... I removed it.

Another mechanic replaces it already; I called it the ''Pimp Industry''.

It's quite simple to use, you send a girl with a client, which makes you earn money and you can reinvest this money to earn more clients, more rooms, bonuses,...

I know I will be asked so... No, you can't see the girls during a sexual act with a client. I know some people ABSOLUTELY wanted this mechanic, so I'll explain about it.

In this v0.3.0, it is impossible to see an interaction between a girl and a client. This is due to something quite simple; the number of animations to create is just colossal for a not so great result.

Let's take the number of customers (10), multiplied by the number of girls (10), multiplied by the number of moments in the day... (10*10)*6

We arrive at 600.

Creating 600 different labels for a sneak peak is... Lame.

It's the kind of mechanics you try two or three times, then it's good. You've done the trick.

So I chose to go for another mechanic, which is not yet present in IMAPIAW.

Basically, it will be a series of different quests (multiple choice), which will allow you to see the daily life within your company (So, the girl/customer interaction).

I am already developing this system, and it will arrive within a few weeks. It will be the v0.3.1 of IMAPIAW.

That's mainly why this update took me a long time; I prepared the code, as well as the game, to receive the next updates. 4 months is too long, and I want to be more active in my community.

So... The updates will be smaller, but faster.

Also, saves from v0.2 are functional on v0.3.0.

Another pretty good news; Two people have been over my English translations.

I had already mentioned it a few times, but it was time to do it. So there are a lot of corrections that have been made to the game. Of course, some mistakes can still be present and... I'm the only one to blame about that.

So yes, corrections have been made, but errors are still present. I'm still working on it, so... It will be a while before we have a perfectly fixed game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway... It's getting pretty long. If you want more details, I sincerely invite you to check the patch notes on my Patreon/Itch.io.

Thanks for playing!

Enjoy~

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hello !

IMAPIAW v0.3.0 has just been released on .

I have already reported that the game has just received its update, I guess it will take some time for an Uploader to update the links on the topic.
But anyway, the game is still available on Itch.io.

Well, 4 months since the last update. What the hell did I do? Did I revolutionize the world of Visuals Novels and point & click? Not at all.

Did I make my little game the next Fortnite? Not at all...
Have I made changes that will please everyone? Hell no.
To be honest, I've mainly changed the way I look at IMAPIAW. At first, I was trying to do everything the players asked for. And then... It never pleased everyone. It was killing me to know that IMAPIAW was so... Lame.

And then... I said to myself something very simple; "Hey, this is your first "big" project, you won't be able to please everybody anyway. Do your thing, and see what people think.".

So I listened to all of your advice. I thought about what I could do and... I finally decided to take my own view of where I wanted to take my game.

If you're here to play a game that will revolutionize your view of video games, don't bother downloading IMAPIAW.
If you are looking for a game that has no bugs, don't download my game.
If you're looking for a game with thousands of different scenarios, I wouldn't invite you to download either.
In short, if what you want is the perfect "video game", I am clearly not the best candidate. Just move on.

I'm new to this world, I'm learning a lot every day about development and I'm doing my best to apply your advice. Again, I'm not the best candidate if what you're looking for is "the perfect game".

Come on, I'll stop being a whiner.

What has changed in IMAPIAW?

Quite a bit, actually. In the last 4 months, I've had time to fix a lot of bugs, add new levels, more characters and most importantly... New mechanics.

(A more detailed patch notes (.pdf) is available on Itch.io if needed. I'll only go over the various new features of the game in this post)

The first big news is the removal of the dungeon. I had the opportunity to talk about this a few times with some players; The dungeon was introduced in the game to allow players to spend time with the girls of their choice when they were not available. I understand that this was not very popular... I removed it.

Another mechanic replaces it already; I called it the ''Pimp Industry''.

It's quite simple to use, you send a girl with a client, which makes you earn money and you can reinvest this money to earn more clients, more rooms, bonuses,...

I know I will be asked so... No, you can't see the girls during a sexual act with a client. I know some people ABSOLUTELY wanted this mechanic, so I'll explain about it.

In this v0.3.0, it is impossible to see an interaction between a girl and a client. This is due to something quite simple; the number of animations to create is just colossal for a not so great result.

Let's take the number of customers (10), multiplied by the number of girls (10), multiplied by the number of moments in the day... (10*10)*6

We arrive at 600.

Creating 600 different labels for a sneak peak is... Lame.

It's the kind of mechanics you try two or three times, then it's good. You've done the trick.

So I chose to go for another mechanic, which is not yet present in IMAPIAW.

Basically, it will be a series of different quests (multiple choice), which will allow you to see the daily life within your company (So, the girl/customer interaction).

I am already developing this system, and it will arrive within a few weeks. It will be the v0.3.1 of IMAPIAW.

That's mainly why this update took me a long time; I prepared the code, as well as the game, to receive the next updates. 4 months is too long, and I want to be more active in my community.

So... The updates will be smaller, but faster.

Also, saves from v0.2 are functional on v0.3.0.

Another pretty good news; Two people have been over my English translations.

I had already mentioned it a few times, but it was time to do it. So there are a lot of corrections that have been made to the game. Of course, some mistakes can still be present and... I'm the only one to blame about that.

So yes, corrections have been made, but errors are still present. I'm still working on it, so... It will be a while before we have a perfectly fixed game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyway... It's getting pretty long. If you want more details, I sincerely invite you to check the patch notes on my Patreon/Itch.io.

Thanks for playing!

Enjoy~
As long as the entire pimp system doesn't (as you'd indicated) force to prostitute LIs (even if you don't see the scene), then fine.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes