fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
Also, most games that combine this type of content (harem and one or more of the other three) tend to appeal to harem fans if the aforementioned fetishes are completely avoidable.
Not really, Secret Care Cafe makes avoidable but honestly it's most of the content, and the point of the game. I'd say 95% of his patrons are into sharing the girls.
In general, honestly it'd make no sense to make a game about prostitutes in which you cater more for the fans that don't like prostitutes.

I've seen enough harem games to know that harem players are really vanilla when it comes to sharing, prostitution and NTR.
As I said, it's a one-sided view. You see more vanilla fans like that because there's more vanilla fans at all, in general, at least on this site. But liking harems is as common amongst those that like sharing. Aside from prostitution games, you have a lot of games about harems and sharing strictly speaking (most of those games have more than 2 LIs actually), like for example Solvalley School in which you can more or less do it with the entire harem if you want.
Every time, none of those that like sharing find it odd, only those that dislike it who always say the same thing "bad combinaison blablabla". The truth is that only vanilla-fans hate this combinaison, and no matter how many facepalms they put they're incapable of replying simply because they know it's true.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
I wouldn't say only vanilla fans say it. Just like with the NTR/romance games I've seen both sides compline (although usually the vanilla fans are louder). As the bigger issue is if you try to please everyone your more likely to pleas no-one. That being said it is not impossible to have a game that is good just takes more thought and originality.

Now on that note
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-girl-club-bifrost-v1-15c-midnight-pleasure-remtairy.48518/

unless something was changed since I last played it. Was a good combination of the two. While every girl was both a potential LI and a potential brothel worker. You could raise affection with the girl you wanted while never sending her to work in the brothel.

ismaelx360

Oct 6, 2019
Hello, I found an error in one of the sex scenes in the dungeon with Verina in which the game closes and this appears

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'Verina_bed_insertion'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "clock.rpyc", line 192, in script
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Pimp in another world 0.2
Mon May 16 23:11:05 2022"

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Hello, I found an error in one of the sex scenes in the dungeon with Verina in which the game closes and this appears

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "clock.rpyc", line 192, in script
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Pimp in another world 0.2
Mon May 16 23:11:05 2022"
Thank you for reporting this problem. The dungeon has just undergone some changes, this problem will be fixed when the next patch is released.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! :confused:

Reactions: ismaelx360

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, it will be possible to prostitute other girls than those the hero is dating. As said before, I want the players to have as much freedom as possible. The harem is present for many reasons, which will become clearer in the next updates.
As long as the prostitutes aren't LIs (main or side). It's not that I'm interested in seeing the scenes of the prostitutes, nor in the MC having sex scenes with them. So if these things can be avoided better.

Not really, Secret Care Cafe makes avoidable but honestly it's most of the content, and the point of the game. I'd say 95% of his patrons are into sharing the girls.
In general, honestly it'd make no sense to make a game about prostitutes in which you cater more for the fans that don't like prostitutes.
I don't mind if the game has prostitutes, as long as they aren't the LIs. And also if I can avoid watching all the scenes of the prostitutes, and if the MC can avoid having sex with them. But that's just my opinion.

As I said, it's a one-sided view. You see more vanilla fans like that because there's more vanilla fans at all, in general, at least on this site. But liking harems is as common amongst those that like sharing. Aside from prostitution games, you have a lot of games about harems and sharing strictly speaking (most of those games have more than 2 LIs actually), like for example Solvalley School in which you can more or less do it with the entire harem if you want.
Every time, none of those that like sharing find it odd, only those that dislike it who always say the same thing "bad combinaison blablabla". The truth is that only vanilla-fans hate this combinaison, and no matter how many facepalms they put they're incapable of replying simply because they know it's true.
Going by the feedback I've read on most harem games, fans of this genre don't usually want to include scenes with other guys (or even have them happen off-camera). On the other hand, as I have seen, there are more fans of the harem than of the sharing. Although it may be a misperception.

In any case, I think we can end this conversation, which is clearly going offtopic.

Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

JC07

Jun 14, 2020

The conversation has totally gone off-topic here, which is the game.

Do you like to share? OK. Good for you and I'm sure you would love that all games with an interesting story and good graphics had more sharing or whatever your preference. That's not to say that a game where you get involved with multiple girls and share/prostitute them makes it a harem game. That's another thing. That starts from the point, where sharing is inevitable.

Of course, you can be available at harem games with tags like NTR/sharing/procurement, as long as it is completely avoidable. Because from the moment you prostitute your girls, they leave you for another guy, or they're simply having affairs with other guys, the harem theory has crumbled. Because the idea of a harem is a guy or girl in a relationship with several other people of the opposite sex or not, and these people are loyal to this single partner or other members of the harem. An example would be a harem where a guy is involved with several girls, it is common for these girls to "play" with each other. When this girl is with another guy or another girl who is not part of this "harem", it is very likely that she ceases to be part of the harem of people, because it will be understood as betrayal, or will still exist a harem, but people will get angry because of the betrayal and that is the big problem of mixing harem with these genders. So if you as a developer are thinking of following a harem fan target audience, the most sensible thing to do is to leave those other tags out or make them totally avoidable. And there are several games like I spoke about here, where the harem/romance is clearly the base fan of the game but has options to share and prostitute the girls, but this is a very small thing in these games.

So that's why I asked Dev what he intends here, is it a harem game or a brothel management game. That is, it is a game focused on harem (keep all the girls for us) with the possibility of sharing for those who wish and still be a small part, or it will be a game focused on prostitution, where we will be forced to prostitute the girls to be possible follow in the game. And all this to know if it was a game I could play or not, because the games you mentioned are games with a focus on prostitution, so it makes no sense for a fan of the harem to play such games, this makes it clear that never played any of them, even those you said to be avoidable, because if the focus is prostitution, what is the point of playing a game that will focus on something I can not stand, spend the whole game with cold stomach waiting at any moment make a wrong choice and ends up boring me? I don't know if it makes sense to you, but that's it.

To sum up, you are right when you say that harem games can have sharing/ntr (a good example of this is https://f95zone.to/threads/shut-up-and-dance-ep-4-ch-1-re-boring-games.20072/ which by the way I play and is an excellent game) since it is avoidable and a small thing, otherwise the game is "sharing where you can chase several girls.

But all right, I appreciate the sincerity of the DEV Arinasa , I'll wait a little longer to know where we are going, but for sure is something I'll keep an eye on since if I understood correctly we can avoid prostitutes the girls.

Last edited:

tajlund

Jul 18, 2020
There's no issues. If you are stuck on a girl's progress then do main quests.
Thank you I finally figured out the main quests. (Can't believe it took me that long into the game to figure it out. Must have been tired the last few days.) For some reason I kept looking at every quest except the first one that I actually had to do.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You saying the dude can choose to not prostitute any girl as a pimp? What a terrible business plan.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It will be very present, but probably not as big as the harem part.
It's pretty hard to give you a detailed answer right now. :confused:
I'll detail everything in a future patch notes.
As long as they can be two completely and absolutely separate parts. That is, if you can completely prevent the LIs (main or side) from being part of the prostitutes.

And if you can avoid seeing the scenes of the prostitutes, especially with clients, even better.

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Can I use existing saves for the update? I keep getting this error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Due to the many changes made between v0.1 and v0.2, it is not possible to use the old backups. However, if you restart a game, the game will propose you to load your game at the end of v0.1. :p

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well, We know that in your past life he was a pimp, and it went wrong since he ended up dead. He may rethink a new lifestyle. :WeSmart:
If the first time went so well that they killed me. Doing the same thing a second time is a brilliant idea: I'm sure it comes out better and no one kills me. And if not, I already have experience in both, so it will be a much better death.

Pawen

Sep 10, 2020
Bug Report:

Stuck with not being able to fish, keeps saying that I caught 5 today which is not true. I am trying to finish the last side quest of Expert Fisherman 5.

I have no fish to sell and no way to actually fish, I have let a few days pass.

This is actually the 2nd time this happened but it seemed to allow me to fish again after the last quest for Galarina was completed.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Bug Report:

Stuck with not being able to fish, keeps saying that I caught 5 today which is not true. I am trying to finish the last side quest of Expert Fisherman 5.

I have no fish to sell and no way to actually fish, I have let a few days pass.

This is actually the 2nd time this happened but it seemed to allow me to fish again after the last quest for Galarina was completed.
Go to bed in your house, sleeping otherwise doesn't reset the counter...

nanonano

Oct 15, 2016
I've read that I need to get to valaria to continue the quests, but I can't get there, and no other quest will trigger right now...

Already did the fishing quest too

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes