Indexless

Aug 25, 2017
There is already a game like this.
And it's not very good. If you're going to split the appeal of the game by catering to different fetishes. At least don't completely separate the girls that fall into those categories and have every girl have the option to be one or the other depending on choice. Some girls can only be whores and some girls can only be romantic interests. You want one girl to be a whore cause you think her scenes would be hot? Get fucked. You want this girl to be a love interest and get more development? Get fucked. Never understood how he or anyone for that matter could ever think that's a good idea. Or maybe I'm the crazy one.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
If you're going to split the appeal of the game by catering to different fetishes.
It doesn't "split" the appeal, harem is only incompatible with prostitution/sharing/whatever in the minds of those that love vanilla content and think harem is synonymous with vanilla for some reason.
Wicked Rouge isn't not the only other example, you also have Secret Care Cafe who is more or less in that style. People that like sharing or prostitution NEVER see harem as incompatible. It's only those that dislike those tags, who think harem isn't compatible with those tags. It's entirely a one-sided view.
I even think it'd be hard to find a single game with mc about managing prostitutes in which you can't fuck them.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
It doesn't "split" the appeal, harem is only incompatible with prostitution/sharing/whatever in the minds of those that love vanilla content and think harem is synonymous with vanilla for some reason.
Wicked Rouge isn't not the only other example, you also have Secret Care Cafe who is more or less in that style. People that like sharing or prostitution NEVER see harem as incompatible. It's only those that dislike those tags, who think harem isn't compatible with those tags. It's entirely a one-sided view.
I even think it'd be hard to find a single game with mc about managing prostitutes in which you can't fuck them.
There's nothing inherently wrong with mixing harem and sharing but you're going to be cutting yourself off from likely most of the main harem fanbase, especially if it isn't avoidable. Going by how there's a romance tag and no corruption tag it makes the thought of whoring out LIs even more distasteful because it makes the impression that it is being marketed to the typical vanilla harem fan. Confirmation on whether whoring in the new world will be avoidable or not would really avoid a lot of this debate though.
Wicked Rouge, you mean that game that gifts you two gorgeous virgins with hearts of gold and then gates their sex scenes with the MC behind selling them out as whores to strangers first? While making one of the most unappealing characters I've ever seen in a VN a main girl? Ya, that fucking sucked, perfect example of how mixing harem with prostitution without making it properly avoidable just turns harem fans off the game.

Whazza001

Mar 18, 2020
Okay. I think I hit a big bug. I have a bunch of things to progress the girls that won't activate, nothing happens when I go to those locations at those times. Plus the several that did reference my trip to Valaria, that I haven't gone to yet. I can't seem to progress anymore. Anyone else having this issue, any ideas on how to get past it? I've tried doing some of the other quests but the main ones are vague and the side quests don't seem to really do anything. (I also haven't unlocked anywhere to sell fish yet.)
There's no issues. If you are stuck on a girl's progress then do main quests.

gimmick

May 1, 2017
Just a minor bug report: the help text for Isolda lvl 3 is Forest in the Morning, but the actual trigger in game is at noon.

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Regarding bugs, please report them. I will pay special attention to them and send a patch as soon as possible. (Regarding the places like "duoroom", and other places where you have to go to level up the girls, it is not a bug but a lack of precision. During the development of the game, I didn't take into account that players can advance with the girls without following the quests. I'm currently working on fixing this problem).

Yes, there will definitely be prostitution in the game. The hero will be free to choose which girl and when to earn money to develop his city.
I ask you to be patient about this.

Indexless

Aug 25, 2017
I don't know how else you can describe it but splitting the appeal. When you so blatantly lock heroines into each category, there's no real other way to describe it but splitting them. You CAN mix sharing/prostitution with harem content like you said Secret Care Cafe does it really well and I like that game a lot. Wicked Rouge is just not a good example of it and it ends up with both aspects not really feeling that fleshed out cause you have too half finished products lazily stapled together. I don't see it ever changing either so I've honestly lost interest in following it. Hope it gets fixed since it used to be one of my favorites but I doubt it.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
What he means is that we harem fans don't consider running a brothel a harem.

Because hookers aren't your girls, they belong to anyone who pays, so a "hooker harem" theoretically doesn't exist. At least not for us.
And it's not very good. If you're going to split the appeal of the game by catering to different fetishes. At least don't completely separate the girls that fall into those categories and have every girl have the option to be one or the other depending on choice. Some girls can only be whores and some girls can only be romantic interests. You want one girl to be a whore cause you think her scenes would be hot? Get fucked. You want this girl to be a love interest and get more development? Get fucked. Never understood how he or anyone for that matter could ever think that's a good idea. Or maybe I'm the crazy one.
I can understand understand the point that for some having a harem of hookers is to close to Netorase to be confortable and I would be a hypocrite if I would given the choice I rather keep them to myself.
I just have to say that in the end it is the attitude is what makes the difference.
For example I had not liked as much the romance in Harem RPG as in Wicked Rouge despite in the former you can have all of them to yourself. Because in the story of Harem RPG the MC is regulary talking about that when he is done with his quest he can not keep them except one despite all would want it because he need to bring them home to keep his country from dying out.
While in WR despite them seeing the fun in the job they would still prefer Yaichi over other as they feel they can leen on him.

And even if we have a complete seperation of both pathes it does not mean both pathes are good.
For example both in Lewd Town Adventures as in Secret Care Cafe you could totally evade the prostitution path. Still there is big difference in quality. In the end I got more romance in WR then in Cafe.

What I want to say is, if it could work or not is depending on the developer even though there are some combinations that work better then others.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yes, there will definitely be prostitution in the game. The hero will be free to choose which girl and when to earn money to develop his city.
I ask you to be patient about this.
Can you just not prostitute any of the LIs? If prostitution the LIs is going to be mandatory, I prefer to know beforehand so as not to start the game.

I've seen enough harem games to know that harem players are really vanilla when it comes to sharing, prostitution and NTR. Also, most games that combine this type of content (harem and one or more of the other three) tend to appeal to harem fans if the aforementioned fetishes are completely avoidable (for me prostitution is only acceptable if the prostitute isn't part of the harem, and you don't see her fucking a guy other than the MC, the other two on no one scenario).

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Regarding bugs, please report them.
Hi, found a few bugs while playing.
Following issues I found in the dungeon:
- Got a greyscreen which only said maria_bed_insertion1, I guess that should be maria_bed_insertion11
- Got a greyscreen which only said eleanor_sofa_insertion21 (also 22,23,24 are missing), I guess the videos in images\dungeon\labs\Eleanor\sofa\insertion2 got the wrong name (11-14...)
- Got a crash when choosing the sofa (Verina). It looks for Verina_bed_special, Verina_bed_insertion, Verina_bed_blowjob, I guess those should be Verina_sofa_*

Gallery image (gallery79) doesn't unlock
Code:
        if deck_info_list[1].level >= 4 and gallery_list[78].unlocked == False:
            gallery_list[77].unlocked = True
I guess in the second line it should be gallery_list[78]...

It's not really a bug, but the today_fishing variable get's only reset once the player goes to bed in his house. If the day ends while the player sleeps in another bed, or because he interacted with a girl at midnight the variable doesn't get reset...

Last edited:

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Will the hero be equally free to choose not to have any girls prostitute themselves without being locked out of large amounts of content?
This will obviously be possible. I want to give the players as much freedom as possible, and I know that forcing them to 'share their harem' is a crazy idea. :rolleyes:

Can you just not prostitute any of the LIs? If prostitution the LIs is going to be mandatory, I prefer to know beforehand so as not to start the game.
Yes, it will be possible to prostitute other girls than those the hero is dating. As said before, I want the players to have as much freedom as possible. The harem is present for many reasons, which will become clearer in the next updates.

Hi, found a few bugs while playing.
Following issues I found in the dungeon:
- Got a greyscreen which only said maria_bed_insertion1, I guess that should be maria_bed_insertion11
- Got a greyscreen which only said eleanor_sofa_insertion21 (also 22,23,24 are missing), I guess the videos in images\dungeon\labs\Eleanor\sofa\insertion2 got the wrong name (11-14...)
- Got a crash when choosing the sofa (Verina). It looks for Verina_bed_special, Verina_bed_insertion, Verina_bed_blowjob, I guess those should be Verina_sofa_*

Gallery image (gallery79) doesn't unlock
Code:
        if deck_info_list[1].level >= 4 and gallery_list[78].unlocked == False:
            gallery_list[77].unlocked = True
I guess in the second line it should be gallery_list[78]...

It's not really a bug, but the today_fishing variable get's only reset once the player goes to bed in his house. If the day ends while the player sleeps in another bed, or because he interacted with a girl at midnight the variable doesn't get reset...
Thank you for pointing them out to me. These errors will be fixed in the next patch of the game (some adjustments are also planned for the fishing system, especially because of its variables).

---

I suggest you wait while I develop the different systems and game mechanics. Right now, I see a lot of things that are not at all planned in IMAPIAW.

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
Having trouble here - my 'deck' shows that I have to visit the red forest in the afternoon to raise Trelly to lvl 5, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
Having trouble here - my 'deck' shows that I have to visit the red forest in the afternoon to raise Trelly to lvl 5, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?
Hey,
if you haven't been to Valaria yet, it's perfectly normal. Follow the main quests to get to lv 5.
This is not a bug, but a lack of precision. I'm sorry about that. :confused:

Reactions: VerticeLupus

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
I guess I should probably ask now that my question has been answered - my quest is currently to catch a fish. How would one do so?

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
I guess I should probably ask now that my question has been answered - my quest is currently to catch a fish. How would one do so?
If you have already done the "Apprentice Fisherman" side quest, just go to the river at any time of the day. :)

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
If you have already done the "Apprentice Fisherman" side quest, just go to the river at any time of the day. :)
You are fantastic, thank you so very much! Also - want to say I love your game, but something that I've noticed is there are quite a few (many) errors in the written speech. If you would like someone to look over the script and edit it for you I'd be more than happy to, because I am such a fan of your game.

Arinasa

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2022
You are fantastic, thank you so very much! Also - want to say I love your game, but something that I've noticed is there are quite a few (many) errors in the written speech. If you would like someone to look over the script and edit it for you I'd be more than happy to, because I am such a fan of your game.
This is a very generous offer, thank you very much!
IMAPIAW is currently being corrected by two people who are more fluent in English than I am.
If I find that it's taking too long, I'll come back to you! Thanks a lot! :)

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes