4.70 star(s) 52 Votes

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
I think Cass is one of the most beautiful women in the game so it kinda bums me out that in 2 out of 3 playthroughs she is probably gonna be a major antagonist.
She is a tragic figure and the romantic in me wants the option to have the MC comfort her and help her heal. Sadly I haven't seen the MC be romantic with anyone other than Elin at this point.
Most of the time he is just a horny pervert (Like us).
This really is the way I feel about Cass. Very moving statement. I love redeeming paths over corruption paths.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
This really is the way I feel about Cass. Very moving statement. I love redeeming paths over corruption paths.
Same.I rejected her coup plot but didn't kill her in hopes we can get her later and seeing how the dialogue played out I think there is still chances for it as both mc and Cass aren't willing to kill the other in that route.

Reactions: Onetogo and Xythurr

Belphegor

May 23, 2017
I'm surprised to see so many anti-Cass (plot) and pro-King peeps. I thought everyone was a sappy moron like I am who's fine with it even if she kills us. My ultimate goal is to replace revenge with ourselves as the top priority in her heart.

To that end, Cass can do anything besides killing Elin or mother and I'll be completely ok with it. The eye flashback really got to me.
I mean my plan was to have my main run be a cass simp run too. The thing is that...encouraging her to dive head first in vengence and go with a crazy frenetic plot of prison and murder is NOT a good way to help her replace revenge with ourselves. The vision of cass and the white potion vision don't go in some direction of appeasement if we go for the powerhungry choices. For those who hope for a sappy path, we better hope the "refuse her plot but don't kill her" path can lead us there, and this is the one I'm going for.

Or, to quote the immortal words of a wise man 10 pages ago:

I am ready to exorcise Cass with my dick so that she does NOT kill everyone.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
According to the prophecy in the beginning of the game, both killing Cass or agreeing with her coup are bad ideas that will lead us to a bad ending, as neither her nor the king can die or the remaining "snakes" will kill each other and you will fall along with them... I just don't know if the third "snake" is the mother or Ellin, the cradle remark makes sense for both right?

On the other hand, Cass just letting you kill her is really suspicious, she probably has a plan to restore herself somehow as she wanted her body taken by her servant so perhaps this decision isn't as final as it seems and she is just pushing you to see how far you will go and adjust her plans accordingly.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
On the other hand, Cass just letting you kill her is really suspicious, she probably has a plan to restore herself somehow as she wanted her body taken by her servant so perhaps this decision isn't as final as it seems and she is just pushing you to see how far you will go and adjust her plans accordingly.
Yeah, more than a little suspicious...
I wouldn't be surprised if she had prepared some fake death poison for her weapon and she is in her hideout and her underlings are nearby.
On the other hand, that would be extremly stupid from the MC...i mean, he still likes her even when he kills her, so you'd suspect he stabs her in a vital organ to make the death short, painless and makeing sure she is death of course.
Dunno, would be very weak plot twist if she survives cause the MC was to dumb too make sure she's really death.
According to the prophecy in the beginning of the game, both killing Cass or agreeing with her coup are bad ideas that will lead us to a bad ending, as neither her nor the king can die or the remaining "snakes" will kill each other and you will fall along with them... I just don't know if the third "snake" is the mother or Ellin, the cradle remark makes sense for both right?
Well prophecys are seldom set in stone or unchangeable, and interpreting them right is an entierly different matter...
Some writer make it so that in one or another way the prophecys can apply to multiple characters, depending how you interpret it, or current events.
The mother i can totaly see ploting with the elves, but i really doubt she would do anything to bring her family in danger.
Elin....yeah sorry but just no, she isn't a plotter, just can't see it, at least not currently.

Reactions: Xythurr

n00bPanda

Jun 16, 2021
I wonder if killing Cass would change the game much? At the beginning of the game 'a beggar' soothsaying that ''Three snakes are around your neck... - a third holds a dagger above the golden crown - ...cut off the head of one snake and others will strangle you...'' so on this basis other two (probably King and Queen) will strangle us and each other. If we agree to stage the coup; King probably will die and Queen would be upset and dissapointed w/us greatly, so come to that, there will be a definietly opposition aganist us after/during the coup. Maybe Cass' bloodthirst and triumph trigger the Red Emperor's prophecy about Elin? If I were to revert to soothsaying by the beggar - Doesn't Queen and King strangling each other already, especially Queen? Cass said elves brought the oracles to castle.
And what would happen if Cass killed by our hands? Maybe one should wiev it as a act of mercy, a mercy that shown to dogs which bite their own master. If you dont put her down she may continue to bite you and others who dear to you aswell. On the other hand, well, she isn't a dog and door of redemption is always kept open by the gracious. Like the lord said ''Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.''

Last edited:

n00bPanda

Jun 16, 2021
Also, I should add this: whole ''Elven conspiracy'' reeks of Missionaria Protectiva thingy. We know Elves act by the guidance of their god so it isn't that hard to convince people that we are some kind of a 'saviour'. Maybe Queen and Elaine were sowing some kind of prophecy among the elves all along while we were away and whole exile was just a part of our saga to be told to elves to get their sympathy? Some emperors/kings of the past got sympathy of their people by exposing their past of common origin or even better a slave. Ofcourse it is too early to make assumptions... We haven't seen how Elves see us except Val said in a one particular scene ''You are not our saviour, just another cruel human.'' So there is a prophecy about us...? As of now, sidin' with or simply killing Cass may cause a race war between humans and elves and I think Elves are aware of it. Either way, taking sides right now is stupid imo.
holy shit im so drunk

Last edited:

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, more than a little suspicious...
I wouldn't be surprised if she had prepared some fake death poison for her weapon and she is in her hideout and her underlings are nearby.
On the other hand, that would be extremly stupid from the MC...i mean, he still likes her even when he kills her, so you'd suspect he stabs her in a vital organ to make the death short, painless and makeing sure she is death of course.
Dunno, would be very weak plot twist if she survives cause the MC was to dumb too make sure she's really death.

Well prophecys are seldom set in stone or unchangeable, and interpreting them right is an entierly different matter...
Some writer make it so that in one or another way the prophecys can apply to multiple characters, depending how you interpret it, or current events.
The mother i can totaly see ploting with the elves, but i really doubt she would do anything to bring her family in danger.
Elin....yeah sorry but just no, she isn't a plotter, just can't see it, at least not currently.
I'd agree with you that the bookworm and warrior MCs would be able to hit a vital point that would make a recovery most difficult, a mage one however... lol. And yeah, I think the mom is the most likely the one to be the cradle snake due to the whole conspiracy with the elves and the sorceress spying on us for her, like Aker was spying for Cass and the old man probably for the king. Guess that vision of Ellin destroying the world affect me more than it should have.

Also, I should add this: whole ''Elven conspiracy'' reeks of Missionaria Protectiva thingy. We know Elves act by the guidance of their god so itsn't that hard to convince people that we are 'saviour'. Maybe Queen and Elaine were sowing some kind of prophecy among the elves all along while we were away and whole exile was just a part of our saga to be told to elves to get their sympathy? Some emperors/kings of the past got sympathy of their people by exposing their past of common origin or even better a slave. Ofcourse it is too early to make assumptions... We haven't seen how Elves see us except Val said in a one particular scene ''You are not our saviour, just another cruel human.'' So sidin' with or simply killing Cass may cause an race war between humans and elves and I think Elves are aware of it. Either way, taking sides right now is stupid imo.
holy shit im so drunk
Oh yeah that is sure to happen in the future, depending on how you treat Val she either denounces the MC as not being the elven savior (meaning she thought he was despite never meeting him) or start singing praises about you really being the chosen one, and the sorceress along with the queen are plotting with the elves just like Cass' is plotting a coup. I agree that the MC shouldn't take a side, just chill and let the king deal with the first wave of BS, then play the mediator and pacifier later after the major players either off themselves or suffer major losses so they are obligated to come to the negotiation table in an inferior position.

n00bPanda

Jun 16, 2021
Oh yeah that is sure to happen in the future, depending on how you treat Val she either denounces the MC as not being the elven savior (meaning she thought he was despite never meeting him) or start singing praises about you really being the chosen one, and the sorceress along with the queen are plotting with the elves just like Cass' is plotting a coup. I agree that the MC shouldn't take a side, just chill and let the king deal with the first wave of BS, then play the mediator and pacifier later after the major players either off themselves or suffer major losses so they are obligated to come to the negotiation table in an inferior position.
Well, blessed are the peacemakers. I think Val's tribunal symbolises that by standing up for an elf thief who surely is guilty, MC is ready to alter/break the golden order of man for the sake of unity. I want to say that whole thing is set up by Alaine but she wanted us to free Val at the beginning of the game so I dunno.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, blessed are the peacemakers
I'm curious what the elves plan, it would be nice if can play the different powers against each other, like south against north and the kingdom of course. Either way no peace or unity for me.

Last edited:

n00bPanda

Jun 16, 2021
I'm curious what the elves plan, it would be nice if can play the different powers against each other, like sout against north and the kingdom of course. Either way no peace or unity for me.
That depens how long the game will be. There is a revolution brewing in West (vine society or smth), current South ruler clan is in dire need of an alliance so something is also brewing there. Elves may be planning some kind of Fremen Revolt under the leadership of MC to revoke blockade enterin their own cities and maybe earn the upper hand in the empire to come. Though its really too early to make assumptions but I'm sure we will be seeing more Elves in next updates, atleast I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I remember the elf woman who spies for our mom asking the mc what he is and we can answer with the human, elf or both option also the game remembers that choice.The woman is happy when we choose the elf but gives a stink eye to the mc if we choose human but is a confused and a bit concerned if we don't choose either(the option in which mc says he feels like both elf and human).So I think we have a chance to really have that neutral path.

Couatl

Dec 5, 2018
i came across some kind of bug, i denied to kiss the kings hand but later in the story the mc says he did.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
I'm curious what the elves plan, it would be nice if can play the different powers against each other, like south against north and the kingdom of course. Either way no peace or unity for me.
The powers are already moving, guess we should expect a clash any time now and we will influence the outcome with our actions, specially the ones involving the chosen wife. The elves know that they can't move in the open yet so they probably will lay low for a while, and I think that if we don't play peacemaker we will cause the bad ends in those visions where one of the girls go off the deep end and destroys everything.

I remember the elf woman who spies for our mom asking the mc what he is and we can answer with the human, elf or both option also the game remembers that choice.The woman is happy when we choose the elf but gives a stink eye to the mc if we choose human but is a confused and a bit concerned if we don't choose either(the option in which mc says he feels like both elf and human).So I think we have a chance to really have that neutral path.
Reminds me a bit of the usual paths in Shin Megami Tensei, aligning with the humans is law/order, with the elves is chaos and the neutral route is that golden path where you beat both extremes and force everyone who remained to work together.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Alan Dalles

Oct 18, 2022
Interesting detail: at the Council meeting entire Cass's clan (her uncle, Aker) except herself, spoke out aganist the alliance with South, while potential protectors of the Golden Order (Conrad, Arcadia, Callahan) adviced Isis as MC's bride.

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah I got that as well but tbh I just assumed MC was lying for the book
It's a known bug among a few others.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a rare instance where LM forgot to change the value of a variable he copy/pasted. The main thing it does as of now is add flavor text during the scenes with Lia writing MC's annal.

He's also not a fan of the "+=" operation, which is just a funny side note.

Reactions: Xythurr

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, the game of thrones has begun.

The strings are being pulled, the conspirators are mobilizing. The western lords loyal to Cassandra prepare for a coup, while the Queen conspires with the elves to regain power. Our bride-to-be from the south is far from innocent, as unpredictable and dangerous as a scorpion. She is polishing her stinger and biding her time. The northerners have begun to move the stones for their own goals - is it a marriage for power, or is the princess not as innocent as she seems?

As the Red Emperor said: "Trust no one!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, the game of thrones has begun.

The strings are being pulled, the conspirators are mobilizing. The western lords loyal to Cassandra prepare for a coup, while the Queen conspires with the elves to regain power. Our bride-to-be from the south is far from innocent, as unpredictable and dangerous as a scorpion. She is polishing her stinger and biding her time. The northerners have begun to move the stones for their own goals - is it a marriage for power, or is the princess not as innocent as she seems?

As the Red Emperor said: "Trust no one!
umm, not sure about your source here, yet he actually said "fuck every one!"
(or translated: fuck each and every chick at least once...be aware though - milfs require multiple fucks!")

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes