2.00 star(s) 125 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
A sandbox isn't really a "fun" before all the sand is in it. If he pour in x amount of minutes worth of content in sandbox format, or he does the same in vn format, it would still be the same. Just in a sandbox format you the "player" not the reader have to go look for the content.

Imagine the transgender girl from the alley was in a vn format, and you ended up with surprise buttsex in a vn format... The outcry would still been heard. Imho in a sandbox type of game the creator stand freely to where he want to putt bits and pieces, where in a vn style you more or less need to pick up the thread.
Yeah but it means the dev needs to work even harder to add meaningful content and to make it hang together with the overarching story, the so called sand and that has been part of the problem here, not the sandbox as such. Now that I say goodbye after this update is again another reason, but dev is free to make the story he wants to. I have the right not to want to play it, but that has nothing to do with sandbox in itself. There are enough pretty good ones.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah but it means the dev needs to work even harder to add meaningful content and to make it hang together with the overarching story, the so called sand and that has been part of the problem here, not the sandbox as such. Now that I say goodbye after this update is again another reason, but dev is free to make the story he wants to. I have the right not to want to play it, but that has nothing to do with sandbox in itself. There are enough pretty good ones.
I wonder though, if creators that make sandbox type of games get less burnt out? They could put their creative mind at rest and just add some random stuff to the sandbox while ponder on progress with the main story. Where a vn format is more restricted in that way. Very few either way seems to have a full story planned out from start.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I wonder though, if creators that make sandbox type of games get less burnt out? They could put their creative mind at rest and just add some random stuff to the sandbox while ponder on progress with the main story. Where a vn format is more restricted in that way. Very few either way seems to have a full story planned out from start.
That is where most of the problems start, sandbox or VN, if a dev has no clear idea of the story he wishes to tell. Part of that the story also decide whether free roaming or VN makes more sense as format. if the dev has no vision for story or gives that away to patrons you know the problems will come with consistency or forward momentum of the game.

Allamante

Apr 9, 2019
Great update (especially with Aiko/Alexander and Mindy) even if it is just a couple of new scenes, thanks and hope for more play with the new cop character Jane :love: :p

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
If anything, sandbox creators tends to get lazy and turn the games into milking because adding random stuff works just as well (like a massive grind for a little reward), and they still get their money. VNs rather gets abandoned than turning into cash cows, as far as I saw from the biggest ones out there. Although sandbox games gets abandoned more, it's because the devs tries to bite bigger than they can chew, with creating too many characters and branches.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If anything, sandbox creators tends to get lazy and turn the games into milking because adding random stuff works just as well, and they still get their money. VNs rather gets abandoned than turning into cash cows, as far as I saw from the biggest ones out there.
Then the question arise, why do they tend to get abandoned more than sandbox's. Maybe because creativity dries up? idk.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Because it's harder to milk them, and they rather just start something new.
A creator that ditch their game, and start a new one, have even a harder time to attract supporters because they build a reputation of never complete what they start. So if attract support is a key factor then that is a bad move.

Reactions: Netgear

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
That is true but not for this Dev his intent isn't for creativity it is to suckle his patreons out of as much as possible before he actually has to put some content into the game let's be coy here hell he's even put up a $60 pay wall on some content not only you need to be a patreon but you also need to fork out $60 for hidden content with the nurse girl what does he think this is a AAA game, how long have you been following this game, I myself have been since it's 1st day release to f95 it started as a VN got 1 update or so then Dev took a long break I believe game even had an abandoned tag on it because so many was complaining about the switch from VN to sandbox we was well aware that nothing good would come of that, look at were the game stands as of today nothing if your nice to the maid theres no new content unless you want to pay to be a patreon and fork $60 or you can visit the alley and if your mean to here you get raped by the tranny what the fuq is going on here I've not seen those scenes but this is what my understanding of the game is about now Dev decided instead of satisfying the paying patreons let's milk them for as much as I possibly can. I am blunt because you can not tell me for as long as this game been available even Foot of the Mountain has surpassed this in content and Foot is an extremely long game plus this game has been out before Foot, only thing noteworthy a whore that everyone is fuqn, another whore that gets molested by her employer and teacher and a damn tranny no body asked for this game was never intended to be about trannies and hookers but apparently the past 7 to 8 updates has only focused on just that oh yah also bug fix and game changes. What the hell happened to the 3 beautiful women you've not even given a foot massage to huh. I never liked games that make you sneak into sleeping people rooms for content but even that has not yet been implemented into the game as of yet, so yes everyone who complains about this game has the right to do so and anyone white knighting this Dev after all this time should feel ashamed of yourself it's like you have no self respect.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
A creator that ditch their game, and start a new one, have even a harder time to attract supporters because they build a reputation of never complete what they start. So if attract support is a key factor then that is a bad move.
That is not necessarily true. People have a tendency for 2nd, and 3rd chances, because they like to cling on the notion that "this time it will be surely different". Look at Aorta for example, even though it's a sandbox game, but the guy rebooted the reboot and people are still defending him and pledging, because "great renders woohooo". If you look at the comments, you'll see the general approach towards to the topic from the players.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That is not necessarily true. People have a tendency for 2nd, and 3rd chances, because they like to cling on the notion that "this time it will be surely different". Look at Aorta for example, even though it's a sandbox game, but the guy rebooted the reboot and people are still defending him and pledging, because "great renders woohooo". If you look at the comments, you'll see the general approach towards to the topic from the players.
People do tend to be more forgiving about first games though then later ones and whether dev is honest and tells he fucked up since did not know many things and less forgiving when becomes a trend or people feel dev makes excuses.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That is true but not for this Dev his intent isn't for creativity it is to suckle his patreons out of as much as possible before he actually has to put some content into the game let's be coy here hell he's even put up a $60 pay way on some content not only you need to be a patreon but you also need to fork out $60 for hidden content with the nurse girl what does he think this is a AAA game, how long have you been following this game, I myself have been since it's 1st day release to f95 it started as a VN got 1 update or so then Dev took a long break I believe game even had an abandoned tag on it because so many was complaining about the switch from VN to sandbox we was well aware that nothing good would come of that, look at were the game stands as of today nothing if your nice to the maid theres no new content unless you want to pay to be a patreon and fork $60 or you can visit the alley and if your mean to here you get raped by the tranny what the fuq is going on here I've not seen those scenes but this is what my understanding of the game is about now Dev decided instead of satisfying the paying patreons let's milk them for as much as I possibly can. I am blunt because you can not tell me for as long as this game been available even Foot of the Mountain has surpassed this in content and Foot is an extremely look game plus this game has been out before Foot, only thing noteworthy a whore that everyone is fuqn, another whore that gets molested by her employer and teacher and a damn dodo chaser no body asked for this game was never intended to be about trannies and hookers but apparently the past 7 to 8 updates has only focused on just that oh yah also bug fix and game changes. What the hell happened to the 3 beautiful women you've not even given a foot massage to huh. I never liked games that make you sneak into sleeping people rooms for content but even that has not yet been implemented into the game as of yet, so yes everyone who complains about this game has the right to do so and anyone white knighting this Dev after all this time should feel ashamed of yourself it's like you have no self respect.
There is many creators that have higher tiers that give more content though. Just because there is a higher tier that come with perks and more content doesn't mean people have to buy into it. If you look at games from example Paradox.. CK2, Stellaris etc.. They come with so many dlc's etc that feels like should be in the core game. But no one forces you to get them.

I gave up on "Foot of the mountain" because the grind was just to horrible. There is stuff I don't like in this game either. The night creeper thing is just awful. The sandbox is not one of them though. Sandboxes turn it into a game, where vn's more or less let you sit there press a key to move it forward with little challenge.

No one can say what this game was supposed to be about though. Unless you got the full script in your hand and can prove it. It's all in vilelabs head. If he wanted to introduce people having sex on top of pink unicorns.. Well that is his creative and executive decision. As a player, all you can decide if you want to keep play the damn thing or not. Or even support it. Majority here is just out for the free lunch, and the ones crying the loudest about being milked, probably haven't pledged to any game in their life before. (show me the recites...).

If you look outside adult games. A game I poured endless hours into. "Kenshi", it took the dev 12 years to complete, or rather push it into early access. Not because he was lazy, far from it. But he had to work to keep roof over his and support himself. The time it take to develop a game isn't really that important. The important thing is how much time the creator use of his "allocated time available" to work on it. If he got 4 hours a week available to work on it, that would be what? 9 full days in the length of a year. It's not like creators can pull time out of their ass at free will. Do you work? do you have a family? kids? whatever else... everything eat into your time.

According to graphtreon the guessed income is between 1k-4k a month. He got the numbers hidden, so who knows. In any case, it's not something you would quit a good job and focus full time on.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
how do i start the Aiko event? i have a gun, but visiting the Aunt on thursday afternoon didn't do anything. her door is locked.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
talk to trevor, when he tells you be careful of the alley at night. go to alley, you'll get jumped. trevor will now sell you a gun.

that's as far as i've gotten.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
how is every one getting the alexander and Aiko scene? i have the gun, but i dont know how to trigger the scene.

2.00 star(s) 125 Votes