2.00 star(s) 125 Votes

Vilelab

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
How about you go back to VN instead of your free-roam mistakes...

The game plays terrible...
Hello. We moved from the visual novel system to interactive game as it gives you more freedom as a player, and it allows us to achieve our vision. I really understand that there may be people who likes visual novels more, but asking someone to turn back to a simple visual novel, after investing so much time, money, skills in developing a fully interactive game is a nonsense (please don't take it personally).

At the moment the game is in development and it may be a little bit tricky for some people until the game is going to be fully populated but i can guarantee you that the game system works perfectly and all the patrons thinks the same.

Just in case you don't manage to play the game, we invite you on our and we will explain you the system or we are going to guide you step by step even if there is a walkthrough for everything you can do in the game and in the worst case scenario we can give you your money back, if you supported the game development.

There are no errors or bugs in Win/Mac version and if someone plays the Android version be advised that is not supported by us.

Looking forward to talk with you soon in our .

P.S.: English is not my primary language. Please don't get angry over any grammar errors :p

Regards,

Adrien,
Vilelab

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hello. We moved from the visual novel system to interactive game as it gives you more freedom as a player, and it allows us to achieve our vision. I really understand that there may be people who likes visual novels more, but asking someone to turn back to a simple visual novel, after investing so much time, money, skills in developing a fully interactive game is a nonsense (please don't take it personally).

At the moment the game is in development and it may be a little bit tricky for some people until the game is going to be fully populated but i can guarantee you that the game system works perfectly and all the patrons thinks the same.
I dont see the freedom. There is only one way to play - you have to be at a specific point at a specific time after specific events. It is still linear progression of the story, just with movement. All of these games promote that, but I dont know any that really give some freedom to the player.

I tried 0.3 just now with my save and have no clue what to do. The ppl I can talk to just say "not now" and there is nothing to do and no hint system to help. Or is there no content after the party?

I really dont get the desire for these free roam systems, but then we need enough indicators where to find the next trigger to progress. Maybe add a hint feature to the phone or something like that. Imho there is not a single game out there where the free roam adds anything to the game, but when you have it, then you should try to make it as convenient as possible. That hint system, more indicators where to find active triggers (ppl to talk to) and maybe some sort of quick jump. Moving thru the house is nice at first because you simulate real movement, but after some time it is tedious to find a room or that it takes ages to go from you room to the pool for example.

I really want to like the game, it has some really great renders and stuff ... :)

pkgbest13

Mar 11, 2019
Were you responsible for Dreams of Desire, that was an awesome game. I played the original version of this new game and it was going well then the inevitable "We're going to make it better came" and now it sucks...

Kommios

Aug 31, 2018
Were you responsible for Dreams of Desire, that was an awesome game. I played the original version of this new game and it was going well then the inevitable "We're going to make it better came" and now it sucks...
DoD was made by LewdLab. I don't think there's a VileLab-LewdLab connection, but I could be wrong

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
Looks like you still do not understand the values of a Visual Novel and the Values of a Freeroaming game, and think one is inherently superior to the other.

The only freedom that Freeroaming promotes is freedom of movement, but that's about it, the overall progression of the Game is still majorly Linear, you need to go to a pre-determined place, at a pre-determined time determined by a non-player character to trigger an specific time sensitive event to move the story of that character forward, rise and repeat until you see all the content available to the game.

While in Visual Novels, Non-linear branching storylines are a common trend, Decision points within a visual novel often present players with the option of completely altering the course of events during the game, leading to many different possible outcomes, and the only limits of it being the developer creativity. An acclaimed example is Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, where nearly every action and dialogue choice can lead to entirely new branching paths and endings. Each path only reveals certain aspects of the overall storyline and it is only after uncovering all the possible different paths and outcomes, through multiple playthroughs, that every component comes together to form a coherent, well-written story.

The branching path stories found in visual novels represent the natural evolution of the concept. Many visual novels often revolve almost entirely around character interactions and dialogue choices, such as Ace Attorney and Tokimeki Memorial, usually featuring complex branching dialogues and often presenting the player's possible responses word-for-word as the player character would say them. So tagging Visual Novels as "simple" would be a very misinformed mistake, they can be as simple or as complex as one's mind can be.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
i hope new revamp will make it easier right now it is very hard to continue since you wont know what to do most of the time if your not using any walkthrough even with a walktrue it was still very hard to follow.

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
i hope new revamp will make it easier right now it is very hard to continue since you wont know what to do most of the time if your not using any walkthrough even with a walktrue it was still very hard to follow.
at first, I'd say it was really hard to follow but once you get the hang of it then it's become pretty straight forward

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
I really dont get the desire for these free roam systems
I think the answer is obvious. No matter how the developer tries to stretch the plot in the visual novel - empty dialogues, new characters, meaningless flashbacks, the story still has to be finished sooner or later. There is no such problem in the sandbox. The world of the game can be extended infinitely, you can add as many new characters as you like, even if there is an ultimate goal in the game, it will be buried under an avalanche of unrelated events. All this allows the developer to milk one project until it is squeezed to dry.

KillerKT

Jul 4, 2017
Its been way too long since v004 and here we are still waiting for this thread to get updated,....
come on our saviour please provide us with the latest version, cant wait anymore :p

Reactions: JustGuilty

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017
Its been way too long since v004 and here we are still waiting for this thread to get updated,....
come on our saviour please provide us with the latest version, cant wait anymore :p
v004 is not out yet, but got some news...

Game interface

We are changing the game default interface and starting with ver. 004 its going to look like this :)
I hope you like it!

Enjoy!

Adrien
Vilelab Team

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KillerKT

Jul 4, 2017
v004 is not out yet, but got some news...

View attachment 290536

Game interface

We are changing the game default interface and starting with ver. 004 its going to look like this :)
I hope you like it!

Enjoy!

Adrien
Vilelab Team

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh ok, confused the alpha release with final release :p

2.00 star(s) 125 Votes