RPGM Infinity Dungeon [v0.1.5b] [Spark Of Life]

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes

noretsu

Oct 18, 2023
Having a hell of a time trying to beat the Gold Slime, as her slimes crash me without fail once she speeds up.
The workaround I found about it is letting her slimes hit you and trap you...while you're down the candles. Even though you get attacked, Goldie will get burn and you'll be able to attack her.
Repeat the "trick" once or twice and poof, you defeated her! :p

vytti

Jan 27, 2020
Hi, there is a problem during the battle with the gold boss, when he has little life left and the boss captures me the game freezes and turns off.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
The big issue I'm seeing so far is that the combat is extremely simple and tedious, combined with random encounters. It seems painful to play.
I can't say for sure that the combat will be extremely overhauled, but it is within my plans to make it a bit more dynamic in the future. I definitely will not ignore it and will address this issue in the next updates! Thank you.

Having a hell of a time trying to beat the Gold Slime, as her slimes crash me without fail once she speeds up.
Try using the strafe buttons (Q and W) to dodge faster! Usually pressing W and then one step forward is enough.

Ok I feel I've look everywhere but for the life of me I can't find the secret area on floor 1 and that's the last scene I need for the gallery
The secret in Level 1 is near the central area where the pillar is! Just try to touch the walls there. It has a different depth than the others too, so the fake wall looks different. However, there's no scene there.

Hi, there is a problem during the battle with the gold boss, when he has little life left and the boss captures me the game freezes and turns off.
It's known to be an optimization issue. It'll be fixed soon!

Amysucks

Apr 4, 2018
I'd like to help you although issues like this are quite mysterious since we don't know what's causing it...

Sometimes it's an issue with the game trying to launch in fullscreen and failing to do so due to a resolution change, which usually happens in my games. Have you by any chance played any other RPG Maker games before and enabled the "Launch in Fullscreen" option? If so, that could be the issue.
Hey,

Sorry this reply took so long but no I've checked on another RGSS3 Player game and that option is un-ticked. Do you know of anything else that might be causing it?

Apr 8, 2019
Greatly enjoying this game. I love the art style, the gameplay and the animation. I can't believe I nearly didn't check in on this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zachy

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey,

Sorry this reply took so long but no I've checked on another RGSS3 Player game and that option is un-ticked. Do you know of anything else that might be causing it?
I'm afraid I don't know. However, I'll keep looking into it for sure! I would like everyone to be able to enjoy the game. I might directly message you if I find a fix to try and test it.

Greatly enjoying this game. I love the art style, the gameplay and the animation. I can't believe I nearly didn't check in on this.
Thank you for playing!

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
Hey Zachy,
I just wanted to reach out, your game is really fun and well crafted, I had a great time playing it !
I'm currently working on my first game and I'm really impressed on how you made a RPG Maker experience feel unique.
I'm striving for something similar, trying to create systems, custom menu's and hopefully gameplay that is fun and different from most RPG Maker games.
If you have any tips for creating custom UI / Gameplay, or just general guidelines to help a fellow newcomer in gamedev I'd really appreciate it :)
Did you event some of it ? Or did you mostly create custom JS plugins / modifying OG code ?

Wishing you the best for your game and future projects !
Kind Regards

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey Zachy,
I just wanted to reach out, your game is really fun and well crafted, I had a great time playing it !
I'm currently working on my first game and I'm really impressed on how you made a RPG Maker experience feel unique.
I'm striving for something similar, trying to create systems, custom menu's and hopefully gameplay that is fun and different from most RPG Maker games.
If you have any tips for creating custom UI / Gameplay, or just general guidelines to help a fellow newcomer in gamedev I'd really appreciate it :)
Did you event some of it ? Or did you mostly create custom JS plugins / modifying OG code ?

Wishing you the best for your game and future projects !
Kind Regards
Hi. Thank you for playing!

This game was made in RPG Maker VX Ace which is a game engine I've been using for about 12 years. Unlike newer iterations of RPG Maker, this one uses Ruby with the RGSS3 library which I am quite proficient with (I could never achieve anything like this in newer versions of the engine without giving it a couple years).

Every major system you see has been made from scratch through Ruby and almost nothing has been "evented" so to speak. I have even ditched most base RPG Maker code to make my own personal code that I feel comfortable with. That's why this game has taken so long to carry out! I've basically built my own engine on top of RPG Maker.

The best tip I could give you is to start being as imaginative as you can. Do you have a concept that you want to implement in your game but you feel maybe it's too much for RPG Maker? Well don't just throw the idea away! Try to push the engine to its very limits and try to achieve something "no one else has done". You don't necessarily have to code (although it has much more advantages) as most things can be achieved via events albeit exponentially more difficult and frustrating. Try to make your game the least "RPG Maker-ish" you can. Make UIs and menus that feel fun to use, and have a lot of nice animations which make them satisfying to use, because in my opinion, that's what base RPGM mostly lacks.

If you can imagine it, you can code it!

KyoukoSakura

Best Girl
Donor
Nov 23, 2022
Really enjoyed what I've played so far. It reminds me quite a bit of Mage Kanade's Futanari Dungeon Quest which I'm surprised no one else has mentioned yet.

• Red Heart
Jun 28, 2019
Heres a save. Lvl 55, Full gallery, all content (for version v0.1c I think), all points (except one) into length/damage. Lots of resources, and money to spend on whatever. (Can one shot every enemy currently, including the golden slime funny enough. Yeti doesn't count.)

Annoyingly theres a ether sprite in above the minimap, and some times replacing the minimap area in battle. I don't know why that happens. and it seems save dependent. or something.

Goes in the same folder as the .exe

Last edited:

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Heres a save. Lvl 55, Full gallery, all content (for version v0.1c I think), all points (except one) into length/damage. Lots of resources, and money to spend on whatever. (Can one shot every enemy currently, including the golden slime funny enough. Yeti doesn't count.)

Annoyingly theres a ether sprite in above the minimap, and some times replacing the minimap area in battle. I don't know why that happens. and it seems save dependent. or something.

Goes in the same folder as the .exe
Thank you for playing!

Unfortunately the bug has to do with using an item in a battle, but can sometimes be reverted by using another one again. This will be fixed on the next update, of course!

Reactions: BanteringBanter
Jun 28, 2019
Thank you for playing!

Unfortunately the bug has to do with using an item in a battle, but can sometimes be reverted by using another one again. This will be fixed on the next update, of course!
didn't mention it, but good game, keep up the good work! :thumb:

• Red Heart
Jun 5, 2023
Looks really good... It'd be nice to have a hotkey to speed up animations. I keep going to settings to slow down anims when I meet new enemies.

• Red Heart

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
Hi. Thank you for playing!

This game was made in RPG Maker VX Ace which is a game engine I've been using for about 12 years. Unlike newer iterations of RPG Maker, this one uses Ruby with the RGSS3 library which I am quite proficient with (I could never achieve anything like this in newer versions of the engine without giving it a couple years).

Every major system you see has been made from scratch through Ruby and almost nothing has been "evented" so to speak. I have even ditched most base RPG Maker code to make my own personal code that I feel comfortable with. That's why this game has taken so long to carry out! I've basically built my own engine on top of RPG Maker.

The best tip I could give you is to start being as imaginative as you can. Do you have a concept that you want to implement in your game but you feel maybe it's too much for RPG Maker? Well don't just throw the idea away! Try to push the engine to its very limits and try to achieve something "no one else has done". You don't necessarily have to code (although it has much more advantages) as most things can be achieved via events albeit exponentially more difficult and frustrating. Try to make your game the least "RPG Maker-ish" you can. Make UIs and menus that feel fun to use, and have a lot of nice animations which make them satisfying to use, because in my opinion, that's what base RPGM mostly lacks.

If you can imagine it, you can code it!
With pleasure, I had a great time playing your game :)

Wow, incredible work !
I'm trying to do exactly just that, making something original and unique that doesn't feel like a RPG Maker game
I might keep RPG Maker systems for a first game, but I strive to change most of it down the line ^_^
I'm having a hard time changing the OG UI, but I found out how to event a menu with images, I'll try the easy way out first until I'm good enough to make my own plugins / change og code

Thank you for your insight and great response !
I wish you the best for the future of your project ;)

Something696978

Jul 24, 2023
Might be a dumbass but cant figure out level 5, I got the passcode for it but it seems to not work for it. I did all the hints for the numbers so idk whats wrong for it, not sure about the paper with a race on it tho.

noretsu

Oct 18, 2023
Might be a dumbass but cant figure out level 5, I got the passcode for it but it seems to not work for it. I did all the hints for the numbers so idk whats wrong for it, not sure about the paper with a race on it tho.
The paper with a race on it is the way the numbers' code is supposed to be written.
I think the starter was the door with a 9 as result-once you find it, you should follow the race's path and it shall open the heaven's door for you. ;)

• Red Heart

Something696978

Jul 24, 2023
The paper with a race on it is the way the numbers' code is supposed to be written.
I think the starter was the door with a 9 as result-once you find it, you should follow the race's path and it shall open the heaven's door for you. ;)
Worked, thanks for the help

Reactions: noretsu

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey there!

Here's the Infinity Dungeon v0.1.5 public release! This version focuses on improving the game experience provided on the first 5 levels! Old saves should be compatible, but once you use them here, you won't be able to use them again on older versions.

VERSION V0.1.5 (PUBLIC) LINK:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
CHANGELOG
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

NEW CONTENT:
  • Added a new enemy: Barbed Slime!
  • Added a new animation for the Mouse!
  • Animated all player graphics!
FIXES:
  • Greatly increased game stability (crashes are less common).
  • Fixed a bug that caused some item graphics to be stuck during a battle.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the coin counter to be visible after exiting the shop.

4.70 star(s) 11 Votes