Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016

So where to start and who to blame?! Ah, yes, that asshole, Joe…. damn him and the holidays! We would like more time to finish the release, but in the interest of you the player, we will let you decide via a poll:
Any additional delay would push the release to roughly the 20th. Give or take a couple days. We make ZERO promises on this.

And the vote was for "Releasing it now"(25%) and "Polishing it up"(75%) around 500 votes in total.

deskitteh

Apr 6, 2018
I'd assumed that between two binge drinking holidays and the requirements in workload that a few weeks wouldn't be enough. Just do what you always do and keep the quality rolling. We all know that people are impatient (me too), but please don't sacrifice the quality and writing for quick and ugly scenes. I'm okay with less content for the time being (as in waiting) if updates are at a higher quality later, you know. The quality content you've been delivering is what we pay you for.

I'm definitely enjoying the standard you guys have worked up to so far.

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
I'd assumed that between two binge drinking holidays and the requirements in workload that a few weeks wouldn't be enough. Just do what you always do and keep the quality rolling. We all know that people are impatient (me too), but please don't sacrifice the quality and writing for quick and ugly scenes. I'm okay with less content for the time being (as in waiting) if updates are at a higher quality later, you know. The quality content you've been delivering is what we pay you for.

I'm definitely enjoying the standard you guys have worked up to so far.
Plus it's very unlikely this is their only job. They probably do this in their free time.

lucca12treck

Apr 12, 2018
$10k+ is more than enough to hire a team of sober russians to work fulltime.

Also the $5000 goal on Patreon was:
"Reaching this stage, would mean that working on this project will become a full-time activity for some of us."
Depending of the salary in the team

Qdpb

Oct 17, 2018
Personally I have no problem with waiting longer between releases. I just wish they'd actually change their production cycle to reflect it. There's always some sort of delay and that's because a month long cycle just isn't enough to put out a meaningful release.

A longer production cycle would speed up development in the long run because they won't be wasting so much time every month on fixing problems with the latest rushed release. They could make it a three month cycle where the top tier patrons get to be the bug testers for the week after release, then the lower tier patrons get access to make sure everything's polished, then after another week they make a hopefully working release public and start working on the next release. Three months to get some proper content made where hopefully only two weeks is dedicated to bugfixing whereas right now it's about a week after each release.

I have no problem with waiting longer, but I have a few problems with constant delays on a promised date

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
$10k+ is more than enough to hire a team of sober russians to work fulltime.

Also the $5000 goal on Patreon was:
"Reaching this stage, would mean that working on this project will become a full-time activity for some of us."
No way this is getting $10k a month...

checks patreon

This has to be a bad joke. Getting 10k a month should mean releases every month at least, preferably 2-3 weeks. Right now they are getting 20k for 1 patch of sexless content if the patch was to be released now

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016

checks patreon

This has to be a bad joke. Getting 10k a month should mean releases every month at least, preferably 2-3 weeks. Right now they are getting 20k for 1 patch of sexless content if the patch was to be released now
I must say good joke with the "10k should release content each month", have you seen Summertime Saga?, think they have content each 4 month if you are lucky. And they are way over 10k...
That said no creator did ever release patches each 2-3 weeks as you suggest even if they are up in 10k+

DigitalFire

Aug 20, 2017
I was supportive about the project before and I was waiting for 0.5B to try the content out but there's a general rule that more money a project gets, the development becomes gradually slower. That's true for most if not all the projects I've been watching. It's a downside to the donation type of income. Instead of coming up with a good finished project and enjoy its' success after the work is done, developers just start to enjoy that decent level of income and it makes them slower throughout the development process. It's especially obvious for Russian devs. Kinda ironic that the "support" affects development in opposite way than it should.

Edit: Now it seems harsh and mainly targeted at IW devs, which wasn't my intention. For that reason, I must add that the development of IW is far from the worst I've seen. I didn't really intended to sound like IW was the most deserving of such a statement, not until I try it out myself. I just wanted to share my opinion on the matter, IW just happened to won the lottery. I'm following this project since the very first scene but I've been waiting because people were always claiming there's not enough content yet and there was more text than one would like.

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018

checks patreon

We were keeping up 1 release a month, then holidays. I am sorry that having a life creates delays sometimes.

As far as quantitating what equals sex, people have different perspectives, watching a girl masturbate should be fap material imo... unless the only thing you can fap to is people having sex.

I do apologize that we had a 10 day delay to our roadmap, I had to travel to 4 states during the holidays and my real job was exceptionally busy as well. Excuses, excuses, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelAIGS
3.00 star(s) 322 Votes