Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
I didn't start playing this until v0.8. Can anyone tell me what the plan is overall with old vs. new plots? Like, is everything eventually being redone so it will all be new plot? Will old-plot stuff be somehow integrated with new-plot stuff? Usually a redo ends up being a "reworked" or "remastered" version of a game, but here it seems to be kind of in-tandem development, so I'm confused.

So far, I've only done new-plot through Act I Ch 3. When the game told me it would continue into Act II with the old-plot and a LI already picked, I stopped playing. If the rest is going to be redone as well, I can wait. If both plots will remain (as if it were two game in one or something), I can play old-plot as a separate set of saves . . . although 7 pages of saves might not be enough if I'm doing two (or more) completely separate playthroughs.
Old plot act 2 and new plot act 2 have two completely different stories and content. currently the game transfers you to new plot act 2 when you finish old plot act 2
So you can safely play old plot until the end and it will move you to the new plot seamlessly when you finish the old one. however the early chapters in new plot have to be started manually. new plot currently goes like this - act 1 chapters 1-3, then it goes to act 2 chapter 1. So essentially new plot stays within itself while the old plot transitions you to the new one when you finish old one

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think you can click on the Hut or somewhere near and choose to start event with other girl except your waifu.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't find this option in hagrid hut or hat or near of this two...

Jul 8, 2021
I don't find this option in hagrid hut or hat or near of this two...
Sorry, I meant "hat".
I was curious now and checked myself and it's indeed not there, but next to it :) Click on bookshelf -> Extra

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-> Halloween event

Reactions: doidera

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Sorry, I meant "hat".
I was curious now and checked myself and it's indeed not there, but next to it :) Click on bookshelf -> Extra

-> Halloween event
Thanks, but then after you unlocked all the memories, after activating the cheats you can enter the memories and do all. I got to see it anyway.
but thanks

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Old plot act 2 and new plot act 2 have two completely different stories and content. currently the game transfers you to new plot act 2 when you finish old plot act 2
So you can safely play old plot until the end and it will move you to the new plot seamlessly when you finish the old one. however the early chapters in new plot have to be started manually. new plot currently goes like this - act 1 chapters 1-3, then it goes to act 2 chapter 1. So essentially new plot stays within itself while the old plot transitions you to the new one when you finish old one
Right. I assume Act I will eventually be entirely switched over to new plot, correct? So should I just wait until it's all switched, or should I play old-plot Act I instead and have it move me to new-plot Act II at the end? I guess really my question is about how different old-plot Act I is vs new-plot Act I.

As it now stands, since I hadn't played the old plot previously, if I were to jump from Act I Ch 3 to Act II Ch 1, I feel like there's probably a fair amount of context that I'll miss. Suddenly having Susan (for instance) as the main LI you're focused on without having any of the additional scenes, it might feel strange to have her still pretty nervous generally (and thinking the MC is gay) to being intimate with Redblack and realizing he's hetero instead. Also, if the new plot's first act is totally different, I'm not sure I want to confuse myself with old-plot content at all.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Right. I assume Act I will eventually be entirely switched over to new plot, correct? So should I just wait until it's all switched, or should I play old-plot Act I instead and have it move me to new-plot Act II at the end? I guess really my question is about how different old-plot Act I is vs new-plot Act I.

As it now stands, since I hadn't played the old plot previously, if I were to jump from Act I Ch 3 to Act II Ch 1, I feel like there's probably a fair amount of context that I'll miss. Suddenly having Susan (for instance) as the main LI you're focused on without having any of the additional scenes, it might feel strange to have her still pretty nervous generally (and thinking the MC is gay) to being intimate with Redblack and realizing he's hetero instead. Also, if the new plot's first act is totally different, I'm not sure I want to confuse myself with old-plot content at all.
Still, I advise you to go through the old plot first, so that later you can compare what work we have done with the new plot

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
In my opinion the new plot seems better: the main character has more time to know the girls and choose his waifu and also Dobby is a goo add.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
More better plot incoming in next updates
One thing I find annoying is having to start all over again with every update. It seems that new stories are included in the middle of the game and it doesn't progress. We have to redo everything.

Besides, I don't know what happened to the dream scene with Luna or the bed, when we finally got her. Are these scenes on the old plot? Because in this last beta update I played and didn't see them.

And will version 0.8 continue the story from the encounter with Draco or will we have to start all over again? Are we going to advance in the relationship with the Hermione?

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
One thing I find annoying is having to start all over again with every update. It seems that new stories are included in the middle of the game and it doesn't progress. We have to redo everything.

Besides, I don't know what happened to the dream scene with Luna or the bed, when we finally got her. Are these scenes on the old plot? Because in this last beta update I played and didn't see them.

And will version 0.8 continue the story from the encounter with Draco or will we have to start all over again? Are we going to advance in the relationship with the Hermione?
Here is our roadmap for year, also you can find it on our patreon page.
4kl5yJj.png
When we stabilize the plot and fully enter the new one, it will be possible to use the old saves. All the main scenes are currently in the old plot and they will all be moved to the new plot later

Flameer

May 4, 2017
Hey, I think I encountered a bug.

When I start the New plot, as soon as I become headmaster, the broom dissappears from my inventory.
Which means I cant get out if the office to see Filch.

Or do you get the broom again at a later time?

Cuz if so, I would recommend to add the leave button on the window when you actually can leave by broom.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Hey, I think I encountered a bug.

When I start the New plot, as soon as I become headmaster, the broom dissappears from my inventory.
Which means I cant get out if the office to see Filch.

Or do you get the broom again at a later time?

Cuz if so, I would recommend to add the leave button on the window when you actually can leave by broom.
Probably fixed in 0.8.1B, there on site is leaked 0.8B with bugs. Better to play 0.7.3B from official site teamsadcrab.com or wait when 0.8.1B will be free

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
When we stabilize the plot and fully enter the new one, it will be possible to use the old saves. All the main scenes are currently in the old plot and they will all be moved to the new plot later
I mean: the two scenes I commented on are in the old plot? Scene from Luna's dreams and bed?
Every version that's released takes old scenes and plays to the old storyline and leaves only the new ones, then when everything is correct do they go back to the main game? That's it?

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
I mean: the two scenes I commented on are in the old plot? Scene from Luna's dreams and bed?
Every version that's released takes old scenes and plays to the old storyline and leaves only the new ones, then when everything is correct do they go back to the main game? That's it?
Most of all scenes now in old plot, you can play it in old plot only. If you want to unlock all scenes need to play old plot firstly, then new plot

Igrys

Jul 4, 2021
This game and What a legend are my 2 favorites closest thing i could find to this game was game of whores but it doesnt have the amount of details that this game has

Really looking forward to what's coming next keep up the good work
Also let me turn into a cat so i can spy on BOOBA

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
This game and What a legend are my 2 favorites closest thing i could find to this game was game of whores but it doesnt have the amount of details that this game has

Really looking forward to what's coming next keep up the good work
Also let me turn into a cat so i can spy on BOOBA
Have you tried Wands and Witches? It's another Potter parody where you play as a student. The art is a bit cartoonish but still good.

Reactions: Igrys
3.00 star(s) 322 Votes