Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
No, i agree, the Erynn story gets contrived and bogged down not only because of Erynn and her issues but because we are never given the option to go all in, we don't get the choice to chase her, really go after her.

In addition to not 1 but 2 "almost" scenes (which are referenced, as i said, but the MCs reaction is "it's ok" and nothing comes of it), bad interruptions by the evil cockblocking mom, there's also a "why aren't you going for it?" in chapter 10... the girl is sleeping in your bed, talking about the time you touched her boobs(remembering it fondly i might add) in your youth, you start kissing and... go to sleep.
There's no human male that acts this way.

Erynn is written as someone who needs to feel safe and loved, yet you can't say anything meaningful to her.
That's what frustrates me the most, this is a girl that i know has trust issues... but i'm not given the option to try and reassure her.
Well, it did look like she was finally getting comfy towards the end, so fingers crossed it doesn't revert to acting like "good buddies".
You know while I love Erynn's character and story and are my favorite in the game so far. I dont even mind the cockbocking / blueballing that happens as I enjoy when slow burns are slow. I also have to agree with you but what is for the most part frustrating to me anyways we aren't given the option to take her or ask her out on a actual date yet or confess your feelings to her, since the MC has to know she would say yes to him at least if you are on her solo path.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
how many girls can we romance in one playthrough
Technically 1 with success but you can also play the field and it will blow up in your face at some point now or in a future update. I know 1 of the times it can blow up in your face you can avoid for now but not sure about for how long. Ive seen a screenshot of another one blowing up in your face but never tried to trigger that scene myself yet im just gonna assume that one isn't possible to avoid since they are sisters.

Reactions: faneTouchMe

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You know while I love Erynn's character and story and are my favorite in the game so far. I dont even mind the cockbocking / blueballing that happens as I enjoy when slow burns are slow. I also have to agree with you but what is for the most part frustrating to me anyways we aren't given the option to take her or ask her out on a actual date yet or confess your feelings to her, since the MC has to know she would say yes to him at least if you are on her solo path.
Exactly, what frustrates me isn't Erynn(i like her too btw), she's traumatized and has trust issues, it makes sense that she would hesitate (a lot) and be slowwwwww...
What's frustrating is how we can't say anything to her, and we end up having to wait for the girl (the girl with trust issues) to show up.
Even in this latest episode she was the one that decided to come to our room, we didn't get to invite her or anything...
And as nyrek said, they tend to reset to buddies mode, these are 2 people who have an intense longing for each other, allow me to say something please...

I'll say i think this type of slow burn is better suited to "1 girl" type games, where at least we get a constant stream... such a behaviour in a ensemble cast type game, where she could be mostly forgotten for the next 2/3 episodes, is even more painful.

Last edited:

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Exactly, what frustrates me isn't Erynn(i like her too btw), she's traumatized and has trust issues, it makes sense that she would hesitate (a lot) and be slowwwwww...
What's frustrating is how we can't say anything to her, and we end up having to wait for the girl (the girl with trust issues) to show up.
Even in this latest episode she was the one that decided to come to our room, we didn't get to invite her or anything...
And as nyrek said, they tend to reset to buddies mode, these are 2 people who have an intense longing for each other, allow me to say something please...

I'll say i think this type of slow burn is better suited to "1 girl" type games, where at least we get a constant stream... such a behaviour in a ensemble cast type game, where she could be mostly forgotten for the next 2/3 episodes, is even more painful.
i hear what youre saying, but for the sake of conversation, im not sure i agree. dont get me wrong, im a fan of this story, but does it really make sense? the entire ethan situation is odd. theres only 2 scenarios that i see making sense, and neither are what we have here. ill explain.
1: she went to prom with ethan, they had consensual sex, im guessing she was unaware it was recorded, and later ethan blackmails her with the tape. ok, but that really doesnt explain the level of trauma she displays. for sure, ethans a P.O.S. and no way would she trust him again, but our story takes place years later, the MC is "the 1 that got away". shes so into him that she will cut ties with her best friend if lexi doesnt get permission to touch the mc. and while i wouldnt expect her to jump his bones on day 1, having that much difficulty following through with intimacy that SHE is initiating feels wildly overblown.
or
2: the sex she had with ethan wasnt consensual, which would explain both the level of trauma, and her hesitation with the mc, but theres still big holes in this scenario. shes been raped, ethan is dumb enough to keep the evidence on his phone, then blackmails her by saying he will release evidence of HIS crime to the public, and she tells no one? not even lexi? something doesnt add up.
maybe im wrong. but even if im not, its still a entertaining game. i dont really need it to make perfect sense, those are just some thoughts i have on it

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
i hear what youre saying, but for the sake of conversation, im not sure i agree. dont get me wrong, im a fan of this story, but does it really make sense? the entire ethan situation is odd. theres only 2 scenarios that i see making sense, and neither are what we have here. ill explain.
1: she went to prom with ethan, they had consensual sex, im guessing she was unaware it was recorded, and later ethan blackmails her with the tape. ok, but that really doesnt explain the level of trauma she displays. for sure, ethans a P.O.S. and no way would she trust him again, but our story takes place years later, the MC is "the 1 that got away". shes so into him that she will cut ties with her best friend if lexi doesnt get permission to touch the mc. and while i wouldnt expect her to jump his bones on day 1, having that much difficulty following through with intimacy that SHE is initiating feels wildly overblown.
or
2: the sex she had with ethan wasnt consensual, which would explain both the level of trauma, and her hesitation with the mc, but theres still big holes in this scenario. shes been raped, ethan is dumb enough to keep the evidence on his phone, then blackmails her by saying he will release evidence of HIS crime to the public, and she tells no one? not even lexi? something doesnt add up.
maybe im wrong. but even if im not, its still a entertaining game. i dont really need it to make perfect sense, those are just some thoughts i have on it
If I'm not mistaken, she never had sex with Ethan.
She had consensual (?) sex with a guy named Zane and Ethan has the recording.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
If I'm not mistaken, she never had sex with Ethan.
She had consensual (?) sex with a guy named Zane and Ethan has the recording.
hmm, its been a while so i may have made a mistake there. if true, good catch, rabbit! even so, can you not just swap zane for ethan in my above thoughts?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
hmm, its been a while so i may have made a mistake there. if true, good catch, rabbit! even so, can you not just swap zane for ethan in my above thoughts?
It's more wobbly but the point stands, yes.

Why is she so afraid of intimacy with MC ?
We don't know how this shit got recorded, especially if Ethan wasn't there (which I do believe he wasn't), but that shouldn't be something she should fear with MC...

Is it fear of changing their relationship ? Is she so caught up in the blackmailing that she doesn't feel like being intimate ? Or even feel unworthy ?
So much possibilities but the scenes don't give shit for intel for either theories.... So we're just flailing blindly until they do the deed and MAYBE then, Erynn will tell why she took so long to be intimate with her crush of 5+ years (a crush that's so important to her that every other relationship comes second. Seriously carrying a torch for that long for a guy 3 years younger, especially at their ages back then is unheard of).

Unless we actually have a reason told by Erynn at one point ? Which is possible... I maybe missed a scene or my memory is clanky... In this case, I'd be glad to know.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
or
She didnt have sex with Ethan it was Zane who was her BF , Ethan just recorded it to blackmail her to go to prom. Unkown if he was working with Ethan dont think so since he broke up with her for going to prom with Ethan. I can see why your arguments about the trauma and her being hesitant towards intimacy with the MC doesnt make sense but I can see it a little bit as well . Because she told the MC how Ethan changed his personality when the MC left then back to his old POS self infront of her when it became clear she wasnt gonna date him. So I can maybe she wants to be extra careful he isnt acting fake + it's been 5 years. But even if my speculation theory was right in any shape or form I dont see it holding any weight past the Alleyway scene with Ethan. After that she is just being hesitant for unknown reasons cause even with her trauma I feel after that alleyway scene most of her trauma is in the back of her mind and not even thinking about it when with the MC. But yeah you are right there are small things that dont make sense when you really think about it but at the end of day who cares if you enjoy the game.

Reactions: chuck69

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
or
She hasn't had sex with Ethan, the sex was with Zane, a different guy(yet to be revealed).

I guess you have to try and see things from the perspective of a inexperienced, romantic young woman... and basically right after she lost her virginity, the fallout from this event meant that she lost her relationship with her boyfriend(the aforementioned Zane) and she was forced to do demeaning work that makes her hugely despressed... this left a huge trauma in her.

There's no logical reason for her to be hesitant about being in a relationship with the MC(other than the fact that he might be a huge "Playa", depending on how you approach the game), this is obviously a very different relationship/situation.
But people with traumas rarely think things in a logical, pragmatic way... her past trauma still weights on her despite this being a entirely different guy.

This part i think is solid, the girl has trust issues, she has a huge history with our guy(one might say the backyard scene is where things started going wrong for her), so she puts a lot of weight into this relationship...
That makes her hesitant to take the big step, she fears getting hurt again (doesn't have to be logical for a traumatized person).
And yes, it can be annoying dealing with trauma from others at times... but i still emphatize with the character.

The part that is frustrating to me is that in a game like this we have to wait for the writer to allow us to take the next step and commit, it already seems obvious to me but the game doesn't allow me to do it...
A girl with trust issues needs to be reassured and feel safe and loved, until she learns she doesn't need to be afraid, but the game doesn't offer this option we have to "play disinterested" which just seems so wrong for the situation.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
It's more wobbly but the point stands, yes.

Why is she so afraid of intimacy with MC ?
We don't know how this shit got recorded, especially if Ethan wasn't there (which I do believe he wasn't), but that shouldn't be something she should fear with MC...

Is it fear of changing their relationship ? Is she so caught up in the blackmailing that she doesn't feel like being intimate ? Or even feel unworthy ?
So much possibilities but the scenes don't give shit for intel for either theories.... So we're just flailing blindly until they do the deed and MAYBE then, Erynn will tell why she took so long to be intimate with her crush of 5+ years (a crush that's so important to her that every other relationship comes second. Seriously carrying a torch for that long for a guy 3 years younger, especially at their ages back then is unheard of).

Unless we actually have a reason told by Erynn at one point ? Which is possible... I maybe missed a scene or my memory is clanky... In this case, I'd be glad to know.
fear of changing the relationship? we get nothing to support that, and much to the contrary. but people dont always say what they mean, and can even fool themselves as far as understanding their own motives...... ill say that is a valid point. thought provoking at the least.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
fear of changing the relationship? we get nothing to support that, and much to the contrary. but people dont always say what they mean, and can even fool themselves as far as understanding their own motives...... ill say that is a valid point. thought provoking at the least.
I still think where you go wrong is expecting logic from a traumatized person.
She's afraid to take the leap and give herself in, even if she has no reason to be so afraid.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
I still think where you go wrong is expecting logic from a traumatized person.
She's afraid to take the leap and give herself in, even if she has no reason to be so afraid.
maybe its the term trauma thats part of the issue here. if so, the fault would be mine. theres levels to such a term. so maybe i was unclear. she doesnt strike me as a drama queen, in fact, she takes a joke and other situations fairly well. which is why i still find the level, or intensity of scarring/trauma questionable. meh, i still enjoy my time playing it. and since i have already felt the shameful slap of a fact checking crazyrabbit lol. im not prepared to die on this particular hill just yet. ill call it, to be continued.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
maybe its the term trauma thats part of the issue here. if so, the fault would be mine. theres levels to such a term. so maybe i was unclear. she doesnt strike me as a drama queen, in fact, she takes a joke and other situations fairly well. which is why i still find the level, or intensity of scarring/trauma questionable. meh, i still enjoy my time playing it. and since i have already felt the shameful slap of a fact checking crazyrabbit lol. im not prepared to die on this particular hill just yet. ill call it, to be continued.
I'd say the game makes no secrets that this event left her deeply scarred, i really don't know how anyone questions it honestly...
The fact that she does try to put on a brave face and pretend that everything is peachy in front of people(the MC even notices that), she's been hiding this trauma from her mom and her friends for years afterall... doesn't mean that the trauma doesn't exist.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Intertwined v0.11.2 with scrappy WT and gallery mod
Usual gestures, save name/delete, rename save pages, seethru textbox resizeable text etc etc
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Special Instructions:

Install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to documents/Wills747/inter.twined/game folder.
(game will quit now)
Copy the archive.rpa file to the directory indicated in game.
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card and slow speed this may slow the launch.
Also, keep archive.rpa. I'll likely use it for future updates to minimise the apk size.

10.0 RPA file
Mega

0.11.2 Update apk. You'll need to download the RPA file above if you don't have it already

Mega
Updated my Android port to 0.11.2

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
I'd say the game makes no secrets that this event left her deeply scarred, i really don't know how anyone questions it honestly...
The fact that she does try to put on a brave face and pretend that everything is peachy in front of people(the MC even notices that), she's been hiding this trauma from her mom and her friends for years afterall... doesn't mean that the trauma doesn't exist.
hmmm, i guess its in my nature to question things. seems like a good trait to me, but im clearly bias there lol. however, my question was weather the severity of her issues fits what we know about the cause. at no point did i, or anyone else say that trauma was, or even should be non existent. not sure where you got that. all good though.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
hmmm, i guess its in my nature to question things. seems like a good trait to me, but im clearly bias there lol. however, my question was weather the severity of her issues fits what we know about the cause. at no point did i, or anyone else say that trauma was, or even should be non existent. not sure where you got that. all good though.
As i pointed out you can't expect logic from a traumatized person, things that to you may seem "not that serious", "she should get over it" to the person in question can be absolutely haunting.
This game makes no secret on how hurt she still is by this event, the number of time she cries over it, how afraid she is of telling her mom, including John in on the plans... it really hammers home the point that "this girl is traumatized and scared" to anyone who is paying attention.

You repeatedly question the severity of the trauma, you just did it AGAIN (before asking "where did i get that").
So i'm telling you(again) it's a very serious issue as far as she is concerned, it haunts her, makes her sad, depressed and afraid... afraid of many things, even having a happy moment with the MC makes her afraid of what will be the consequences of this, will this event affect their relationship... we just saw Erynn have a huge freak out after the "petting" scene this episode, doesn't get any more obvious than that how afraid this person is.
At this point it's not really up for discussion and you are not bringing any insightful counter arguments... just asking "how serious is it really?" over and over.

I think to be an insightful "question guy" it helps to be well informed(obviously) and honestly the impression i get from you is that you skimmed through things in a rush.
Since you apparently missed all the hints of how truly deeply hurt she is...
And even the correct events of the blackmail.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Would be prudent placing things in correct perspective.
The author has Erynn's path riddled with these inconsistencies.
Don't over examine and judge the character, for the author dropping the ball.

Expect it to happen, as it has often from early episodes onward.
Not exclusive to Erynn, as many here have pointed out accurately.
Expect No Valid relationships dynamics.

Examples can be observed in several instances.
Much like EP5's clothing store relationship milestone.
It's not something easily discarded as though it never happen.

Especially for two as close as they were with their given history.
Couples consenting to BF/GF-status(an item) in public as they did in that scene.
Is not easily taken as a joke(test it with your actual GF) and if anyone has doubt.

Ask 10 mature/experienced Females.

One's don't have to be deeply in-love, for it to be a legit and meaningful event.
It really is a big-deal for guys too, so don't think for one moment it means nothing.
Is logical, especially for those whom have relationships experiences know it's true.

Make no mistake, Not trying to stick up for Nyx(She's GUILTY as ALL Hell).
However, take into account she's got much on her plate juggling things.
Clearly shows in the scripts over what, past 2 years?

Obviously doesn't have the experiences other then trolling for reaction(Drama).
Nyx is guilty.
Laugh at it all and Enjoy the ride just, don't expect any viable logic at all! (y)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes