Aug 29, 2023
I always got the vibe that they live somewhere like Miami Florida, cause I’ve been there once and almost everybody talks Spanish, even the atm machines in the bar said press 1 for Spanish and 2 for English
I live in California, and just about every town south of Chico has a few neighborhoods which are predominantly Spanish-speaking. It’s why my parents put me in a Spanish immersion school in 3rd grade; they wanted me bilingual, because that’s just where we live and how things are.

I keep having to remind certain Republican pendejos this state used to be Mexico—these people were here before California joined the Union, and telling them to “go back to where you’re from” is just as stupid as telling American Indians the same thing. Not that it stops them. (And yes, not all Republicans are that way; I know plenty. But way too many are.)

Regardless, our high schoolers can’t just go into a bar and have a few beers after school. Nor casually order wine with dinner. Not till your third year of college, for most of us; for those who don’t have fake ID at least. It’s an obvious sign this story doesn’t take place anywhere in the United States. Maybe the U.S. in a parallel universe, but certainly not this one.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Regardless, our high schoolers can’t just go into a bar and have a few beers after school. Nor casually order wine with dinner. It’s an obvious sign this story doesn’t take place anywhere in the United States. Maybe the U.S. in a parallel universe, but certainly not this one.
very few games happen in real world city/country.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Regardless, our high schoolers can’t just go into a bar and have a few beers after school. Nor casually order wine with dinner. Not till your third year of college, for most of us; for those who don’t have fake ID at least. It’s an obvious sign this story doesn’t take place anywhere in the United States. Maybe the U.S. in a parallel universe, but certainly not this one.
yeah the whole setup seems pretty US based... lot of latin american and black characters but then you have drinking stuff at 18 which just doesn't mesh with that whole scenario... so yeah, let's go with alternate universe, doesn't bother me much tbh

Reactions: LSC82

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I live in California, and just about every town south of Chico has a few neighborhoods which are predominantly Spanish-speaking. It’s why my parents put me in a Spanish immersion school in 3rd grade; they wanted me bilingual, because that’s just where we live and how things are.

I keep having to remind certain Republican pendejos this state used to be Mexico—these people were here before California joined the Union, and telling them to “go back to where you’re from” is just as stupid as telling American Indians the same thing. Not that it stops them. (And yes, not all Republicans are that way; I know plenty. But way too many are.)

Well .. to be fair .. Hollywood has a pet peeve for underage girls using fake IDs.
Bar Rescue John Taffer had real run ins with bartenders who would pour unending streaks of drinks to pretty young girls, underage or otherwise, with the most cringe dialogue ever,
but all girls put up with assholes if they get free drinks
- the owners would even go against Taffer and keep the asshole barman who was literally pissing the proffit away as they still considered him a pretty boy with a big Twitter following who was bringing girls into the bar: actual owners being happy to get girls by the truckload in their bar, oblivious or not about the fact they have to attract paying male customers too, or else they go outta business.

Bars near campus are very happy to welcome girls and their checks are a joke for fake IDs -you could simply open the tubes and search for all the Rappers or singers or what not going catfishing for young girls all the while putting all the blame on the underage girls they would hook up with in clubs and bars, forgetting the fact they play about all that BS and make money off of the same BS, so them partaking in the BS because - the bouncer should have checked the girl for being underage - a load of BS - this is why games are such a thrill all over the world - musicians and movie starts and many basketball or football starts like shady places where underage girls are let in so they can then blame the girls or the owners about their mishaps.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
So which one is the best Alexis

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Easily Gabi style, I'm a sucker for the posh-spice long/angled bob.
If the MC went to Erynn’s instead of taking the train home from the club, and fell asleep on her bed, here’s what he woke up to.

View attachment 3245366

My knee-jerk reaction:

View attachment 3245372

Girl’s not looking her best. But she cleans up nicely though.
Erynn's always purdy, but devs/asset creators really need to chill on the glossy spec everywhere. If she's wearing fresh gloss that makes sense, but even tongues aren't shiny smooth.
yeah the whole setup seems pretty US based... lot of latin american and black characters but then you have drinking stuff at 18 which just doesn't mesh with that whole scenario... so yeah, let's go with alternate universe, doesn't bother me much tbh
I always assumed it was some urbanized city in Spain, the dev definitely seems Spanish- so year I'd say you're close, it's a 20s-30s urban spanish person's idea of an american 90210-high school type setting.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I know, I know; Nyx is Spanish. But Spain doesn’t work either, because (a) the country they live in has multiple time zones, and Spain only has one; plus (b) same as Mexico, English isn’t the usual first language there.
Eh, I'm pretty sure Nyx is dutch... I don't remember which country exactly, but not a spanish-speaking one.

Either way, it's probably a fictional place... although the most fitting would probably be Puerto Rico, where the drinking age IS 18, but most people speak spanish there. It could also be the Virgin Islands, I guess =P

Last edited:

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I'm European and we learn British English at school (at least I did) and that's why I use it. Nothing to do with setting.
I didn't switch to it. It just happened that I had a few words spelt the American way instead of the British and changed it to make it conform.
Eh, I'm pretty sure Nyx is swedish or norwegian or something like that... don't remember which country exactly, but not a spanish-speaking one.
Eh, I'm pretty sure Nyx is swedish or norwegian or something like that... don't remember which country exactly, but not a spanish-speaking one.

Either way, it's probably a fictional place... although the most fitting would probably be Puerto Rico, where the drinking age IS 18, but most people speak spanish there. It could also be the Virgin Islands, I guess =P

Reactions: mnotwoke

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
yeah I edited my post, I remembered she was dutch from what I heard... not sure a 100% tho, but anyways... not a native spanish speaker... or english for that matter, that much is certain.

Reactions: mnotwoke

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
1000011937.png

First of all. Happy belated 2024!

I've finished all the renders I had to redo due to the problems I had I mentioned last progress update. I'm not quite happy with those renders since I had to change some things. I looked for different assets, but didn't find something suitable and I didn't want to waste more time on that scene. I will be redoing them in the future once I find an asset I'm happy with. It concerns a scene where MC isn't directly involved, so I also kept the scene a little shorter and only showed the important parts. So it's more like a synopsis than a full scene. But it works for now.

I'm working on the very last renders to conclude that scene, it will take me 2-3 days to finish it up. After that, I'll start working on the last scene for this update. As I mentioned before, it will only be a part of the full scene which will continue in episode 12 (which will be the end of spring break. Friday->Sunday.)
I still have most of the coding to do, and lots of post-render work since there are many clipping issues.

We're almost there.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
I haven't gone that far. I'm still very laid back and easy going, I just don't let people disrespect me like I use too. It looks like we both got wiser with age. (y)

One of the reasons I love VNs with good stories. They can really stir up a lot of good strong emotions and experiences, but the trade off is they can occasionally stir up the bad ones too. Its worth it though especially when you get a good VN like this one.
I like this VN not because it has the best story or consistency... But it has good flow. Humor is okay, characters are mostly likeable. It has a lot of weak points, but you can ignore them.
The MC reminds me a lot of my childhood friend. He was a super friendly, good natured funny guy... With the side effect being that he was a flighty boyfriend that both liked and charmed girls easily, and with multiple ones at the same time. I even got to saw the fallout of one his mishaps in freshman uni year, and made fun of to the end.

He passed away a few years back, so I like this MC a lot, especially when he struggles between multiple girls, simply because it makes me nostalgic.

A VN like this doesnt have to be perfect, it really only needs to just coherent enough with okay story flow.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I like this VN not because it has the best story or consistency... But it has good flow. Humor is okay, characters are mostly likeable. It has a lot of weak points, but you can ignore them.
The MC reminds me a lot of my childhood friend. He was a super friendly, good natured funny guy... With the side effect being that he was a flighty boyfriend that both liked and charmed girls easily, and with multiple ones at the same time. I even got to saw the fallout of one his mishaps in freshman uni year, and made fun of to the end.

He passed away a few years back, so I like this MC a lot, especially when he struggles between multiple girls, simply because it makes me nostalgic.

A VN like this doesnt have to be perfect, it really only needs to just coherent enough with okay story flow.
Well said but id like to add on for me it's just really fun and enjoyable and I feel like this game has a nice balance of drama, with it being serious , funny or just about having a good time as well as building relationships. It's also refreshing to see relationship that feel like they can be somewhat realistic and they aren't easy or fast to the lewds as well. ( Expect for Alexis's + Nikki and Cara lewds) Honestly this game has some kind of charm that I can't really put into words but I just like it alot.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

True. VNs have their limitations and you have to make allowances for that. Its just a reality of the genre. I have three criteria I look for in VN stories:

1. The story needs to make sense,
2. There needs to be consequences/ramifications if my MC gets attack/disrespected/betrayed/etc,
3. I want to be in the driver seat making the big decisions.

Quantity of choices is not as important to me as the making the main decisions.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
True. VNs have their limitations and you have to make allowances for that. Its just a reality of the genre. I have three criteria I look for in VN stories:

1. The story needs to make sense,
2. There needs to be consequences/ramifications if my MC gets attack/disrespected/betrayed/etc,
3. I want to be in the driver seat making the big decisions.

Quantity of choices is not as important to me as the making the main decisions.
Ginger Ale or Coke?

Aug 29, 2023
:ROFLMAO: Always coke, I can't stand ginger anything.
Whereas I love me some ginger ale, gingerbread, and cute freckled redheads.
So which one is the best Alexis
Definitely redheaded Alexis. Although Wonder Woman Alexis would’ve beaten her had she been in the Lynda Carter costume instead of the Gal Gadot costume. (Also love me some Lynda Carter. The woman’s in her 70s and still hot.)

balazar

Mar 30, 2019

Did you go to Morehead State University? One of my roommates had that happen and blow up in his face his freshman year.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes