Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Completely agree with this. A game can have nice looking milfs without them being fuck buddy/romanceable. Some folk here just want everything to be in every game.
Hahaha I am always avoiding the Milfs and in one of the few games that have a Milf I actually care about, Emily, you are telling me she is beyond reach? I am full of outrage!! :ROFLMAO:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised I want the one Milf that is beyond reach... me and my fucking personality.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Completely agree with this. A game can have nice looking milfs without them being fuck buddy/romanceable. Some folk here just want everything to be in every game.
I'd expand that to say that a game can have nice looking characters without them being fuckable. Too many people seem to think that if the ficus tree in the corner looks shapely then the MC should be able to insert his dick into it...

Hahaha I am always avoiding the Milfs and in one of the few games that have a Milf I actually care about, Emily, you are telling me she is beyond reach? I am full of outrage!! :ROFLMAO:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised I want the one Milf that is beyond reach... me and my fucking personality.
Emily is a common model though, so if it is just her looks that make you interest in her I am sure you could find her somewhere else. That said I like that there are women the MC can't fuck. My only complaint is that I wish there were more guys in the game, not for anything lewd, but to make it more "realistic" of a school setting. Though I get that there are limitations to Nyx's PC capabilities.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Emily is a common model though, so if it is just her looks that make you interest in her I am sure you could find her somewhere else. That said I like that there are women the MC can't fuck. My only complaint is that I wish there were more guys in the game, not for anything lewd, but to make it more "realistic" of a school setting. Though I get that there are limitations to Nyx's PC capabilities
It is the whole package. Hard to discern one thing from the other when I play a VN. I get into character and forget that they don't exist, that I've seen those models before and things like that. When I play Intertwined, she is my sweet but hot mom, which I shouldn't but totally want to get more time with!

If Erynn ever finds out that the MC is interested in Emily, I'm afraid Emily will soon be gone. I prefer to continue to enjoy from a distance, that's far safer for everyone.
That would be awesome actually! Kitty fight!!

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I'd expand that to say that a game can have nice looking characters without them being fuckable. Too many people seem to think that if the ficus tree in the corner looks shapely then the MC should be able to insert his dick into it...

Emily is a common model though, so if it is just her looks that make you interest in her I am sure you could find her somewhere else. That said I like that there are women the MC can't fuck. My only complaint is that I wish there were more guys in the game, not for anything lewd, but to make it more "realistic" of a school setting. Though I get that there are limitations to Nyx's PC capabilities.
There are at least 9 guys in that school though.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It is the whole package. Hard to discern one thing from the other when I play a VN. I get into character and forget that they don't exist, that I've seen those models before and things like that. When I play Intertwined, she is my sweet but hot mom, which I shouldn't but totally want to get more time with!
Yeah, I getchu... I really think Emily is sweet. I thought her whole "would you go to the beach with me?" was cute and relatable. She is so insecure about her son, she loves him and wants him to stay with her. She missed having him in her life. And now she is terrified that he will leave her again. Of all of the characters, right now, she is the most vulnuerable and has the most to lose. All of the love interests could, potentially, move on to someone else. But you don't move on from being a parent. At least not easily.

Yeah, but the MC only interacts with 2 of them regularly: Zach and Mr Coleman (though I expect Coach to get more screen time). Everyone else has been brief appearances. This goes back to my desire for the MC to have more friends that aren't love interests. Sometimes you just need someone to drink with and vent about how fucked up your life is at the moment. But he can't really do that with Erynn as she will immediately defend Emily. He can't talk to Alexis about Emily or Emily about Alexis. He could call up Layla but I'm sure we will find out how badly that will end.

There are times in life where you just want to sit on the hood of a car and throw empty beer bottles at the blinking "Railroad crossing" light while shooting the breeze with a buddy.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Grug-Magnon.

May 13, 2017
Yeah, but the MC only interacts with 2 of them regularly: Zach and Mr Coleman (though I expect Coach to get more screen time). Everyone else has been brief appearances. This goes back to my desire for the MC to have more friends that aren't love interests. Sometimes you just need someone to drink with and vent about how fucked up your life is at the moment. But he can't really do that with Erynn as she will immediately defend Emily. He can't talk to Alexis about Emily or Emily about Alexis. He could call up Layla but I'm sure we will find out how badly that will end.

There are times in life where you just want to sit on the hood of a car and throw empty beer bottles at the blinking "Railroad crossing" light while shooting the breeze with a buddy.
Kinda feel you in this one, after the big revelation i was expecting MC to go and throw rocks at a pond for a while but the he unexpectedly called Erynn, but yeah a male friend to talk about it would have been nice

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Kinda feel you in this one, after the big revelation i was expecting MC to go and throw rocks at a pond for a while but the he unexpectedly called Erynn, but yeah a male friend to talk about it would have been nice
Shit, I know someone who went and lived on a beach for 3 days while he dealt with/mentally processed the fact that his live-in girlfriend was cheating on him. Sometimes you don't want to be around another member of the opposite sex, you love them but you just need to be alone or with a male friend who can listen to all your dumb venting/ranting.

I know that Nyx needed the MC to be at Erynn's place for her to find out about Alexis (if on that path) but otherwise I really want the MC to be able to avoid all of his love interests and his mom (and Melissa) while he works his way through this stuff. Hanging out with Zach, also avoiding Layla/Elena, just being able to not interact with women for a short time while he decides what he wants to do. He needs some space...

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Deleted member 596203

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Shit, I know someone who went and lived on a beach for 3 days while he dealt with/mentally processed the fact that his live-in girlfriend was cheating on him. Sometimes you don't want to be around another member of the opposite sex, you love them but you just need to be alone or with a male friend who can listen to all your dumb venting/ranting.

I know that Nyx needed the MC to be at Erynn's place for her to find out about Alexis (if on that path) but otherwise I really want the MC to be able to avoid all of his love interests and his mom (and Melissa) while he works his way through this stuff. Hanging out with Zach, also avoiding Layla/Elena, just being able to not interact with women for a short time while he decides what he wants to do. He needs some space...
The problem is, this isn't a just book but a VN. In a book you can put as many routes/decisions as you want. But in a VN every decision means another route, meaning more renders, more coding, ...
Same with every character you put in it.
If you had a guy writing the story, one doing the coding, one doing renders, yeah it's possible. Even only with 2, it increases your output. But when you're doing this on your own, while still figuring stuff out, it's just too much at this point.
This one is already way bigger (too big) than I anticipated.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020

too many dicks on the dancefloor
If Erynn ever finds out that the MC is interested in Emily, I'm afraid Emily will soon be gone. I prefer to continue to enjoy from a distance, that's far safer for everyone.
Erryn at least is consistent.. Layla as soon as MC left the table turned into the ice queen
and I want to punch all the ones I noticed

Grug-Magnon.

May 13, 2017

MC needs a quick trip to the beach alone and a cigar to sort himself out a poetic cinema moment if you will

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The problem is, this isn't a just book but a VN. In a book you can put as many routes/decisions as you want. But in a VN every decision means another route, meaning more renders, more coding, ...
Same with every character you put in it.
If you had a guy writing the story, one doing the coding, one doing renders, yeah it's possible. Even only with 2, it increases your output. But when you're doing this on your own, while still figuring stuff out, it's just too much at this point.
This one is already way bigger (too big) than I anticipated.
I understand and I worry about how much you've taken on with this project. There are people who would be happy to help you, perhaps only in small ways, but as we genuinely love your game we don't want you to burn out and abandon it (a common result in these games unfortunately).

Overall, I am happy with the game, just love talking about it. Perhaps what we say will help you decide on what you do (but I don't want you to ever feel like you have to do it). In the end I want you to make the game you plan on making.

too many dicks on the dancefloor

Erryn at least is consistent.. Layla as soon as MC left the table turned into the ice queen

and I want to punch all the ones I noticed
Really? Why?

MC needs a quick trip to the beach alone and a cigar to sort himself out a poetic cinema moment if you will
I suggested to Nyx that I would have loved to see the MC take a walk in the rain since you mentioned a poetic cinematic moment. Just some solitude to think out how he is going to handle everything. Decisions made in the heat of the situation are rarely good ones.

Last edited:

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
If you look at the points in the scripts IIRC you get negative points for looking at your mom (I definitely remember that if you don't turn around in the pool scene that you get negative points with Emily) and positive points for looking at Melissa.

However, that could be down to their personalities. Emily is more repressed, she needs to get drunk to kiss her best friend while topless in the swimming pool (even though they are both unattached and have experimented in college). While Melissa is more of the flirty "life of the party type" who might like it if the MC admires her, as long as it doesn't go beyond some looking.

I've said it before but I don't see the MC getting together with any of the MILFs (except for Gabi) simply because of the way they are written. Even without taking into account the Patreon restrictions. With Nyx doing a code revamp for update 5.5 we may see the points being removed for Emily so as to avoid any chance of violating Patreon's rules (this is pure speculation). Personally, I've always seen it as a tiny "dig" at people who always want incest in games. But that's just me.
Yeah in that case it's true, but I was talking about other examples that looking at the script don't give any point (positive or negative). Like at the beginning of the game, when Emily gives the MC pancakes for breakfast and at certain moment we get the option to look closer at her cleavage. Or in ch.4 before we going to the beach the MC find his mother changing and again we have the option to look closer. Both options don't modify her points/stats nor do they change any dialogue, they are only visual approaches. That's why I agree with what you say at the end, that it's simply Nyx teasing to those who look for incest in all games where the MC has any female relative, but I wouldn't say no if that possibility ends up existing though.
And yes maybe with the revamp all these things will end up being removed to avoid possible problems with Patreon or simply to avoid confusion.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah in that case it's true, but I was talking about other examples that looking at the script don't give any point (positive or negative). Like at the beginning of the game, when Emily gives the MC pancakes for breakfast and at certain moment we get the option to look closer at her cleavage. Or in ch.4 before we going to the beach the MC find his mother changing and again we have the option to look closer. Both options don't modify her points/stats nor do they change any dialogue, they are only visual approaches. That's why I agree with what you say at the end, that it's simply Nyx teasing to those who look for incest in all games where the MC has any female relative, but I wouldn't say no if that possibility ends up existing though.
And yes maybe with the revamp all these things will end up being removed to avoid possible problems with Patreon or simply to avoid confusion.
There's always the possibility that those were thrown in so that an evil modder could mod in that content too. I am intrigued to see how much is really changed with the 5.5 update. As long as Alexis is not substantially changed I will be happy.

Have to wait and see about everything else.

Reactions: DA22 and Donettes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think you're all reaching. Probably there for no other reason that 'tittlilation' (pun intended) and to make for nice wallpers. There doesn't always have to be an ulterior motive or agenda.

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
-18 year old MC
-Has full tattooed sleeve.

Shit, I wish I had that money laying around at 18. Getting close to 30 and still only have 3/4 of my sleeve done lmao.

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes