Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
So played it...

Well iam being honest here, iam a dissapointed.

first of all the good things... renders are great as always, the dialogues are very good and overall everything is entertaining and improving with the animations (the fps is kinda low still, and off, but they are looking so much better here)... its a game of top quality, no doubt about that.

BUT

How the storytelling goes on annoys me more and more. Nyx kinda likes flashbacks a lot, lets face it, half of the game are flashbacks... she is really overdoing it... And this episode is the worst in that department. The flashback about iris didnt tell us anything new. We already knew she is the MCs first girlfriend... and well, yeah figures, they had sex and so on... yeah the scenes were nice, and i like iris overall. But i would have prefered it very much if this flashback was just cut shorter, way shorter, and we would get instead some progress in the other relationships, but again, there is not much progress.

The last episode was nearly only about the competition camp and having fun... this one was all about the past (and we already had two episodes that was nearly only dealing with the past, with the story of Emily and than Nikki/Cara, now Iris too... whos next?) So in epsiode 8 there wasnt much progress with laya, Erryn or other LIs. Only a very very tiny little bit overall.

And in this episode there was even less progress... a reunion with cara or Nikki, if youre not on the path with them... well... there isnt really anything going on except the end with Ethan and the way too long flashback with Iris.

Yeah i enjoyed the episode overall, jsut like the last one, cause the dialogues are very well written and the intercourse between the characters are really fun to read an watch... but really, this game need PROGRESS in every single way. the last two episodes are feeling like just "filler episodes" like someone mentioned already.

I dont need "sex" right now with layla or erryn... but there has to be some step forward at least (and we need more one on one time with them, seriously, much more...) . And the reunion with Nikki or Cara... yeah its sweet and all, but NO progress here, cause well... we were already in a SERIOUS relationship with them. So its kinda "reaheating" it, not more.

Everything is fun to read, to watch and so on... but yeah... its not going anywhere really the last updates.

At least the ending was really good (nasty cliffhanger) But really... there needs to be a change in pace of the storytelling i think.

Hopefully Zach learns very fast what a prick Ethan is, and than... goodbye buddy, i hope we can get rid of Zach in a way, he has fucked up big time, is an overall idiot, and need to learn what friendship means.

For Ethan, of course he is the main antagonist and needs to be around a little while more.

I dont know how many episodes Nyx is planning (i get the feeling she hasnt planned beforehand really, shes doing it more on the fly) But at this pace, were not even half through i think... which is partly a good thing, i dont want this game to end yet, but its bad too, cause i think its stagnating in many departments.

Well i know, its not a popular opinion around here, and there will be many childish "facepalms" flying around this post... but thats how it feels to me, the game is really great, and i enjoyed every episode, but how the story unfolds and is told, and these many long flashbacks and other distractions... i think some things must change to get this game back on the track.
I feel there has to be a solution to dealing with Ethan sooner rather than later because it has become very stale.

Reactions: Mister_M

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Zach, the worst best friend ever in all visual novels, no dude about it.
That ending screen give me bad chills, my poor Erynn :cry:
That was rough, phone ringing behind a dumpster.
I kinda prefer the version where John makes the save instead of Valeria, get him involved already, and meet his daughter sooner.

This game makes it's story really involving (and i really hate the villains) like very few here.

Jacey.ci

Aug 8, 2021
Just finished the update... my mc is with Lexi (best girl ofc :love:) so not much content with her but its there... and it was very nice and funny at times tbh :giggle: I actually like how things are going on my main save, i can see some of my choices starting to show.

Now that episodes ending tho... oh that stupid fuk- *sigh* see the spoilers!!!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall nice update and pretty good clifhanger... looking forward to Episode 10!
Bro out of all honesty screw redemption arc for Zach cause after that he'll never be in my good books. I'm not a construction worker, I burn bridges. He failed to see reasoning cause of his jealousy.. not mc's fault you can't pull a girl, b**ch grow up. My mc's going to prison next episode for sure ong.

Last edited:

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
From the ways people are talking.
Least from my perspective.
Looks like Nyx is going to kill off Erynn.

Just didn't see it going THAT route (death).
Won't be a first time, VN or Dev has taken that dark path.
Perhaps won't be the last.

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
That was rough, phone ringing behind a dumpster.
I kinda prefer the version where John makes the save instead of Valeria, get him involved already, and meet his daughter sooner.

This game makes it's story really involving (and i really hate the villains) like very few here.
I rather have John helping my MC too, but for the same reason MC was pissed, I don't want to paint a target on Val's back and John does seem like someone who be able to handle himself in a fight, dude is a mechanic, must pack one hell of a punch.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If you don't want to include incest, maybe don't tease it? This definitely fed some of the crowd criticism.
That ... that was the point ... to tease certain things.

It's the whole reason devs that don't add incest do tease it.

It's the whole reason Becoming a Rockstar had the MC's sister naked and flirting, to tease ... that's all it is.

Some devs do it to deliberately wind certain people up, others do it just for a bit of fun. Some, like Nyx, just throw red herrings out.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Hopefully Nyx doesnt go mode DPC and kills Erynn.
The ladies and i had a long talk last month about Nyx dropping the ball with Erynn.
Kinda was expecting Nyx to some how make things where's the MC and Her wouldn't be together.
Actually killing her off, was the least and worse route to consider talking about.

Neither of them are surprised though nor am i.

Reactions: El Tanque and LSC82

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
The ladies and i had a long talk last month about Nyx dropping the ball with Erynn.
Kinda was expecting Nyx to some how make things where's the MC and Her wouldn't be together.
Actually killing her off, was the least and worse route to consider talking about.

Neither of them are surprised though nor am i.
Well she wanted to kill Nikki before so...

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
I love this game- the sole thing disappointing me is that MC actually lets the girls change the rules of the bet and we don't get buck naked Layla running around the track. Like come on, that was the bet!!

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I rather have John helping my MC too, but for the same reason MC was pissed, I don't want to paint a target on Val's back and John does seem like someone who be able to handle himself in a fight, dude is a mechanic, must pack one hell of a punch.
He's good back up that's for sure.

Hopefully Nyx doesnt go DPC mode and kills Erynn.
I hope that isn't the case, it would be sufficient for me to walk off.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Nyx has done some teasing with a couple of characters but the mom and Erynn' mom won't be doing anything.

Considering Erynn has feelings for the MC and she fell out with Lexi over it, do you really think her mother who loves her more than anything will risk even remotely hurting her daughter?

Not to mention risk falling out with her best friend.
The heart wants what the hearts wants, forbidden fruit just tastes all the more sweet. Just ask Eve the story of that.

With the games name it's kind of ironic you are punished for "intertwining"

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The heart wants what the hearts wants, forbidden fruit just tastes all the more sweet. Just ask Eve the story of that.

With the games name it's kind of ironic you are punished for "intertwining"
That's exactly why. Every character has some relation in some way to another character. Like if you get the Val version of the fight in this update, her mother has ???'s for a name, meaning she is someone we know or will meet.

Reactions: MV_1999

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... they are fooling around and man eaters might be disgusting, they do eat many men, but they sure are
forthcoming about eating you up and should you go there, well, you can see the reaction of other girls:
as a chewed up old gum, who would want to intertwine with what that man eater spit out?

• Haha
Reactions: v1900
4.40 star(s) 272 Votes