The Coder

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There are a few with similar storylines:
Through Spacetime
Stranded in Space
Stars of Salvation
There is at least one more, but I don't play it so I don't remember the name.

Btw, is it intentional that on some transitions, there is a flash of the scene with Silver jacking the MC off? I'm at the point where they just found out about the Urania and I've seen it twice so far.
Thanks, I've updated the setting, hopefully it makes better scene to the crowd now

Agul

Jun 19, 2017
I ain't even gunna play it, I just find this highly amusing:
Presumably you are the last potent man known to science. The secrets to the cure lie within you.
Sounds to me like your aim is to help other men regain their erections, but what do I know?

Lmao if you're gunna make almost every other single male member of the human race impotent, along with being the only virile dude on a ship of babes (lost in space ofc, just so nobody rescues you and your hoes), go the full nine yards. Add in a time-travel plot so you can be your own grandpa like that one Futurama episode. I wonder if the game will explore the quandary of how you need enough other dudes reproducing to ensure you have enough genetic diversity for a healthy population in the future. Nah, fuck that. Open the multiverse and start blasting jizz. Be the incest harem game to end all incest harem games.
Now I know there's no way this could be as funny as I want it to be. Hope it turns out good tho (y)

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Into The Nyx [0.15R1] Compressed With UAGC 2.4.5 (UnTested)

Win/Linux/Mac (746 MB/ ~71 MB) : ,KrakenFiles ( / )

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Sorry to complain without even having looked at your game, but consider looking into how version numbers are typically used in software. Your current scheme is rather misleading...

Looking at the history of releases:
0.01 (means version 1, okay)
0.1 (ummm... this is the exact same version number as the previous release. Once again it means version 1)
0.15 (whoa, now we just jumped to version 15)

I can only assume you are treating it as a decimal number and thinking your releases are equivalent to 1, 10, and 15. But maybe you have made additional releases that just weren't uploaded here. Traditionally a version number is not in fact a single number, but a list of numbers. The dot is the separator. In the case of a list of two, as you are currently using, it is akin to
Code:
     v Minor version: 1
  ^ Major version: 0
0.1 = 0.01 = 0.001 = 0.0001
0.1 != 0.10 != 0.100 etc

I saw the 15, but didn't recognize ever seeing this thread before and it doesn't have as many pages as something typically that far along. Luckily I looked deeper beforehand to see it wasn't a later-stage project quite yet before my expectations outran the content. The version number and project are, of course, yours to do with as best suit you, but knowing how others do something is often useful.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
IntoTheNyx-0.15R1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Sorry to complain without even having looked at your game, but consider looking into how version numbers are typically used in software. Your current scheme is rather misleading...

Looking at the history of releases:
0.01 (means version 1, okay)
0.1 (ummm... this is the exact same version number as the previous release. Once again it means version 1)
0.15 (whoa, now we just jumped to version 15)

I can only assume you are treating it as a decimal number and thinking your releases are equivalent to 1, 10, and 15. But maybe you have made additional releases that just weren't uploaded here. Traditionally a version number is not in fact a single number, but a list of numbers. The dot is the separator. In the case of a list of two, as you are currently using, it is akin to
Code:
     v Minor version: 1
  ^ Major version: 0
0.1 = 0.01 = 0.001 = 0.0001
0.1 != 0.10 != 0.100 etc

I saw the 15, but didn't recognize ever seeing this thread before and it doesn't have as many pages as something typically that far along. Luckily I looked deeper beforehand to see it wasn't a later-stage project quite yet before my expectations outran the content. The version number and project are, of course, yours to do with as best suit you, but knowing how others do something is often useful.
and if the dev´s call it gnomexyc - why bother ....
there is no law or rule about
i am pretty sure i read the same stuff anywhere here
rediculous complaining about ....

tact ical-facepalm_56306.jpg

redle

Apr 12, 2017
and if the dev´s call it gnomexyc - why bother ....
there is no law or rule about
i am pretty sure i read the same stuff anywhere here
rediculous complaining about ....

View attachment 2601541
It's more about informing him of what years and years of software industry people came up with that worked best for them. There are certainly times when going against the grain is beneficial. And as I said, it is what works best for him. But a lot of developers in games like these aren't doing it because it works better for them. They do things because they don't know other options. They've seen version numbers and get why they exist, but that's as far as it goes (or worse they "learned" by watching other noobs who didn't know either). If he is informed and then decides he likes his number scheme, great.

[And whether I call it a complaint or not, many people would have seen it as such. So I named it so and apologized in advance for it to avoid "white knight" complains about my comment.]

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Kudos, TheCoder. So far I'm enjoying this game a lot - the visual imagery is great and the writing is very good (certainly better than several other games I've played). It does seem a little light on content, though, unless I'm missing something... Is there anything else to do after I help Amelia fabricate the part? I can move around the ship (thanks to the "E.D.I.T.H. Glasses"), but I haven't been able to interact with anyone since then or find any new content for that matter. If not, can you give a rough estimate of how soon the next updated version will be released and a rough estimate of how frequently new updates might be released going forward?

Honestly, Into the Nyx does remind me quite a bit of Stranded in Space (previously mentioned), but that is one of my favorite games so that isn't a bad thing.

Kudos again, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
It's more about informing him of what years and years of software industry people came up with that worked best for them. There are certainly times when going against the grain is beneficial. And as I said, it is what works best for him. But a lot of developers in games like these aren't doing it because it works better for them. They do things because they don't know other options. They've seen version numbers and get why they exist, but that's as far as it goes (or worse they "learned" by watching other noobs who didn't know either). If he is informed and then decides he likes his number scheme, great.

[And whether I call it a complaint or not, many people would have seen it as such. So I named it so and apologized in advance for it to avoid "white knight" complains about my comment.]
You make a valid point. FWIW though, I would say that discussing versioning is a little like discussing politics or religion; maybe not as potentially taboo since there are some widely accepted versioning conventions, but in the end it is still fairly subjective. The selected versioning convention should make sense to the dev, but ideally, the users should also understand it on some level or at least not be confused by it.

Just my $0.02...

Reactions: The Coder

razardkun

Jan 5, 2022
It looks interesting i like the theme and it seems the renders are well done, but as it is very new, it has little content.Besides that, is sandbox, if they are not well done , they are very tiring (sandbox games at the beginning are a little frustrating because they have little content).
But good luck to the dev, maybe next year that i come test the game. :whistle::coffee:

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Pregnancy - Probably. " And now I’m here, and they tell me that locked within my genomes *genes* may be the keys to saving life as we know it. ".

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes