armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Played both games. Love the images... I like to read, so I'm not even someone who would not play a text based only game.

Encountered a few bugs, mostly with the upgrade mechanics but it wasn't super serious.

I think what would be great is maybe if the characters who you control had more impact, like not even necessarily mechanical impact just like there would be either progress on acting on them, or the world reacted in some ways.

I felt like there was little reason to go back and look at content, and it was repetitive to see the same scene for the first three girls pop up.

You have some much liberty in text to go different directions.
True; and there will eventually be a story arc for each girl you have access to once they are in your control (of which only Naomi's is written, none of it yet implemented). Basically these will take the form of "missions" you need to accomplish with that particular girl to either unlock a unique ability (a job they can do to help you) or to further part of the main story using some talent or skill they have.

Please list out any bugs you do find, it helps us a lot, especially as the game gets more complex and the way you progress through the story may create a unique set of conditions we haven't tested for.

The whole UI for the research/upgrades system needs to be replaced. We know it; it's going to be a big point to tackle it in either the next update after this one or the one after that; but it'll be no small climb because of how it works. We want to get that fixed before we start putting in the tier 3 tech (which you will unlock through events in another town you will gain access to). One of the points of contention right now is how you will travel between towns and what happens if you're low on energy away from the hive; we don't want to punish the player for exploring, but we also need to keep the idea that there's a finite amount of things you can do in a day as a present "threat" you have to contend with. One idea was to have a "safe house" in the second town you set up; another is to have you gain access to a vehicle that effectively costs you zero energy (though that idea then raises the question why you're spending energy going all over the first town when you could be driving everywhere).

As said, ideas welcome. :)

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
True; and there will eventually be a story arc for each girl you have access to once they are in your control (of which only Naomi's is written, none of it yet implemented). Basically these will take the form of "missions" you need to accomplish with that particular girl to either unlock a unique ability (a job they can do to help you) or to further part of the main story using some talent or skill they have.

Please list out any bugs you do find, it helps us a lot, especially as the game gets more complex and the way you progress through the story may create a unique set of conditions we haven't tested for.

The whole UI for the research/upgrades system needs to be replaced. We know it; it's going to be a big point to tackle it in either the next update after this one or the one after that; but it'll be no small climb because of how it works. We want to get that fixed before we start putting in the tier 3 tech (which you will unlock through events in another town you will gain access to). One of the points of contention right now is how you will travel between towns and what happens if you're low on energy away from the hive; we don't want to punish the player for exploring, but we also need to keep the idea that there's a finite amount of things you can do in a day as a present "threat" you have to contend with. One idea was to have a "safe house" in the second town you set up; another is to have you gain access to a vehicle that effectively costs you zero energy (though that idea then raises the question why you're spending energy going all over the first town when you could be driving everywhere).

As said, ideas welcome. :)
Not sure, but was there not some sort of teleportation in the first game?

That might be an answer for travelling long distance, but to prevent misuse of it, it could be stated that in can only be used a limited number of times per day as to not draw attention and/or is only effective over longer distances like between towns due to a platform needs to be built in a safe location or that it can only happen when the ship is in your location overhead.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Not sure, but was there not some sort of teleportation in the first game?

That might be an answer for travelling long distance, but to prevent misuse of it, it could be stated that in can only be used a limited number of times per day as to not draw attention and/or is only effective over longer distances like between towns due to a platform needs to be built in a safe location or that it can only happen when the ship is in your location overhead.
Oh yeah...

Though that was the ship teleporting the player to the final area of the story. Maybe we can say the player can use the teleportation at the cost of sending minions "home" to the ship as a way of "paying" for the use and it takes them to a "start" point in other cities, or they can teleport back. Ok, I'll pass that one on to the team, that's a good idea and I don't think any of us mentioned it yet.

Reactions: DMon1981

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
0.2.3.2 !! You will need a fresh start - Old saves will not work !!

Content
- Health and Energy bars for easier tracking of each
- Some UI info moved to a Player Stats screen
- New class structure for all girl data
- Replaced old variable system with new class structure for Cindy, Naomi, Midori, Lisa, Robin, Rachel, Carla, Izumi, Yuna, April, Monique, Natalie, Aika, Dani, Jenny
- Panel for girl data updated with more information for each
- Next Arc segment for Dani is completed
- New area added: Tennis Courts
- Becka's cave content has been added
- First random, repeatable girl encounter added
- New videos added for milking all residents
- Drugs can now be purchased from Carla's farm (assuming you don't capture her instead)
- Encounter with Becka added
- Jason's latest story Arc is done
- New scene with Kim is done

Bug fix
- Fixed an issue where meeting Aika on the beach would prevent you from meeting Natalie
- Fixed a scenario where Naomi could be infinitely milkable.
- Hardware store clerk no longer lets you infinitely buy Resin on credit.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause April not to appear after you talked to her at the dorms.

Known Issue:
- A lot of back end code changes; very possible we missed something
- The bars that display health and energy are not updating when they should
- Currently there's nowhere to sell drugs; they'll eventually be a way for the player to make money on the side at the risk of raising suspicion or entering an altercation with police

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
here a torrent in case you dont like the download links.

InvasiveSpecies2TheHive-0.2.3.2

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, donations of any size would be greatly appreciated!
; .​
Thank you; it's kind of you to help!

• Hey there
Reactions: Daxter250

CSXE

Oct 26, 2019
No protag tag? I know this site is strangely/obtusely... "resistant" to adding new tags to the pool (putting it lightly really, depending on the tag or tags in question, extremes within management range somewhere around borderline and openly hostile about the subject, while the rest are rather indifferent, comes off as afraid to speak of the matter in more than a few cases, but I digress), but certainly one of the 4 existing tags fit here?
(I oft use protag tags in conjunction with other tags in my searches here, this flew under my radar till now and I only caught sight of it by chance...)

KopNob

Aug 14, 2019
So I booted up my save from the last version and the entire cave resident list is just failure messages. I would not mind if it was due to the nature of the development, but in that case a 100% save of the last content update should be provided, cause the game does have a build up/grind side to it that really needs to carry through on updates.

The code -> Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'enslaved')
Heading to the beach -> Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'met')

Seems to be tags/properties don't carrying through.

Reactions: pizbia

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
So I booted up my save from the last version and the entire cave resident list is just failure messages. I would not mind if it was due to the nature of the development, but in that case a 100% save of the last content update should be provided, cause the game does have a build up/grind side to it that really needs to carry through on updates.

The code -> Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'enslaved')
Heading to the beach -> Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'met')

if you read the developers note a half dozen comments above it says

0.2.3.2 !! You will need a fresh start - Old saves will not work !!

they did a lot of back end work

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
where do you find Becka after the gas station
Unfortunately, the scene where you can actually get her was not finished by the time this had to be posted, so the code that would connect you to that scene is disabled, it will absolutely be in the next release we do; may even be in our bugfix release for this update since it really is like a page of dialogue that was missing. All her cave/back end stuff is done and in the game, you just can't see it without the capture part.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018

We completely rewrote the girl objects for this release to allow for future expansion and a bit more complexity; this unfortunately meant that our old system would no longer work, hence the warning on the update. We did this so that going forward, updates would be less disruptive to old saves as the new class is more modular and less structurally dependent on being an exact match with older versions.

Future updates *could* still break things, but the girl data will no longer be one of those things.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
One particularly bad bug is going to necessitate a fix soon; if you go down the stairs at the library after talking to Jason, the game will end up killing you a few scenes later no matter what you do; we're working to figure out why as it's supposed to only be a *chance* of death.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
So is the only way to get Biomatter to have minors seek it out? Because that seems to take forever.

Th3Espr3ss0

Oct 7, 2017
Just to be completely clear, what is the current "end" of content? I kinda wish there was some sort of popup that triggers when all of the available non repeatable content is finished so I don't grind endlessly for nothing. Great game and writing otherwise though.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
So is the only way to get Biomatter to have minors seek it out? Because that seems to take forever.
You can also buy it from the hardware store after the blackmail subplot (which to be clear will eventually be a longer chain of events)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Just to be completely clear, what is the current "end" of content? I kinda wish there was some sort of popup that triggers when all of the available non repeatable content is finished so I don't grind endlessly for nothing. Great game and writing otherwise though.
When you have completed the second set of Kim's investigation missions. We had hoped to have "come together" part of that story ready so you could do that and we could put an "end of content" notice there, as currently you can go through the other three parts of the story in any order. So Jason at the Library, Dani at the Frats, and Kim at the classrooms; when you've gotten through those, you've pursued the main storyline as far as possible; though there may be side events you've skipped over as there are only a few key points you *have to* go through to advance plot; the rest are optional.

Reactions: Th3Espr3ss0
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes