armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
How to find Becka ? Im pretty sure i did everything but havent seen her.
Yeah; that's our bad, the event leading to you capturing her is in the next update because the writing wasn't finished in time for the release. All her stuff on the cave end is done, all her assets are done, but the writing was behind. So hopefully in another day or two when we get the bug fix for this release out, you'll be able to get her then.

j0hn141

Mar 14, 2020
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but haven't encountered Izumi. I'm stuck at the part where you check in on Dani, Kim and Jason (Library). I completed that and then nothing new happens when I go back to the apartment.

I've been able to unlock (Lisa, Robin, Rachel, Carla & Monique in the Cave). I've read about an April in the notes but havent had that encounter).

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but haven't encountered Izumi. I'm stuck at the part where you check in on Dani, Kim and Jason (Library). I completed that and then nothing new happens when I go back to the apartment.

I've been able to unlock (Lisa, Robin, Rachel, Carla & Monique in the Cave). I've read about an April in the notes but havent had that encounter).
Ok, Izumi is encountered in the faculty area of the college after you complete Kim's first adventure (the rescue of Yuna and the escape into the ocean). She'll ask you for money, you pay her, some days later (I think 3) you go back and she basically unlocks tech level 2. Some of the events won't fire unless you have reached tech level 2 or have specific tech unlocked. April (who you met at the first Frat house fight), should be around the dorms, and depending how you handle her, you may also encounter Aika later at the beach. Natalie can also be encountered at the beach; and after meeting Natalie, she'll later introduce you to Becka and Jenny (though you can capture neither of them yet).

Hope that helps.

j0hn141

Mar 14, 2020
Ok, Izumi is encountered in the faculty area of the college after you complete Kim's first adventure (the rescue of Yuna and the escape into the ocean). She'll ask you for money, you pay her, some days later (I think 3) you go back and she basically unlocks tech level 2. Some of the events won't fire unless you have reached tech level 2 or have specific tech unlocked. April (who you met at the first Frat house fight), should be around the dorms, and depending how you handle her, you may also encounter Aika later at the beach. Natalie can also be encountered at the beach; and after meeting Natalie, she'll later introduce you to Becka and Jenny (though you can capture neither of them yet).

Hope that helps.
Ok Thanks for the guidance

Hope that helps.
Okay. thanks for setting me on the right track!

Reactions: armyofrobots

coduss

Jan 17, 2018
I'm passed the girl disappearing and being told by Kim to meet with everyone and then regather. I've done the dorm fight, have met jason at the library and killed an alien, and have captured lisa, robin, rachel, carla, april, monique, natalie, Aika, and Izumi. I ran into a woman at the gas station, but couldn't grab her. IDK where to go from here, as I've visited everywhere multiple times and have no new prompts to meet anyone. everything's upgraded as much as it can be.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I'm passed the girl disappearing and being told by Kim to meet with everyone and then regather. I've done the dorm fight, have met jason at the library and killed an alien, and have captured lisa, robin, rachel, carla, april, monique, natalie, Aika, and Izumi. I ran into a woman at the gas station, but couldn't grab her. IDK where to go from here, as I've visited everywhere multiple times and have no new prompts to meet anyone. everything's upgraded as much as it can be.
Sounds like you're pretty close to end content; have you visited the tennis courts? Becka (gas station) you won't be able to follow up on until this next update. It sounds like you have all the story girls so far who can be captured. But; more to come.

Reactions: Eoin

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Sounds like you're pretty close to end content; have you visited the tennis courts? Becka (gas station) you won't be able to follow up on until this next update. It sounds like you have all the story girls so far who can be captured. But; more to come.
Good to know. Hit all content and was surprised not to find a "This is the end of the current content" warning, which is good in a sense of easy continuation with saves and shit, but not so much in another as the player is left continuously looping wondering what they are missing.

Great work so far though. So far, you're above and beyond IS 1.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Good to know. Hit all content and was surprised not to find a "This is the end of the current content" warning, which is good in a sense of easy continuation with saves and shit, but not so much in another as the player is left continuously looping wondering what they are missing.

Great work so far though. So far, you're above and beyond IS 1.
Thanks; it was through the support and encouragement of users like yourself that we expanded the team to take a stab at something more ambitious. :)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
0.2.3.3 - Bug fix release; but one adjustment for Becka is going to need a new save; sorry, we're trying to avoid that but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Content
- New Location - Arch Street
- New Location - The Fish Cannery
- Becka arc conclusion
- Becka cave presense updated

Bug fix
- Numerous typos across the newer sections (thank you, UnwrappedGodiva!)
- Fixed a problem with one of the choices in Jason's story arc always killing the player
- Fixed Aika randomly appearing in the library after you'd captured her
- Fixed Dani's quest sometimes not firing
- Fixed problem with the random girl events not firing correctly under certain conditions
- Fixed new kills not being recorded correctly
- Fixed a mistake with "available minions" number sometimes being inaccurate

Known Issue:
- Dynamic CSS still not implemented (changing bar length for health/energy, color changes in menu to help indicate status, etc)

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
uhm anyone have a current guide or hint to find every girl? since sometimes its kinda lost to follow the track of them...maybe a walk be whort if the developer could lend us a hand, since the game its really interesting, but i would like more options to level up our MC and improve his stats more, and of course more interactions with the girls already captured, like assing task or something else to improve gather of resources

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
uhm anyone have a current guide or hint to find every girl? since sometimes its kinda lost to follow the track of them...maybe a walk be whort if the developer could lend us a hand, since the game its really interesting, but i would like more options to level up our MC and improve his stats more, and of course more interactions with the girls already captured, like assing task or something else to improve gather of resources
Ok here are the girls and how to get to; keep in mind most captures require enough energy, pheromones, and/or room in the cave:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There will be both events and tech purchases to improve the character stats; currently they're not used much until we get the combat working, so that hasn't been a priority; but we assure you we're aware and we will add it in.

The plan for the captured girls right now is that each of them will have their own post-capture quest line you need to complete in order to use them either for a role around the house or a job role that brings in money; which will be necessary for the much more expensive late mid and late game content. This is probably a fair ways from being implemented; right now Naomi has the content, but it's not connected as we're still working out some bugs with it.

Your ideas are good, keep them coming! :)

Braig

Jan 29, 2018
Seems my saves are broken. I'll come back much later to start again. Good luck with your game.

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
A forever lurker, I dont comment much!

Anyway, I played the game and would have the following feedback: The game is great! well done!

I also have some suggestions. you can ignore all of the below as you see fit, but perhaps some of this might be considered, take from the below what you will :)

1. You may consider additional ways to grind the game, for example str/int/seduction ability "check points" throughout the game, (which can be grinded each time you go to a certain location or speak to a certain person),

example 1:

if you are fighting against someone, and they have a weapon, without first learning to fight, you should die.
if you are fighting against someone, and they have a weapon, with strength training, you might be "weakened" and have lower action points for days/weeks
if you are fighting against someone, and they have a weapon, with strength and combat training, you should kill the opponent.
show a progress bar.

perhaps an upgrade is required before you can complete the fight, but in the meantime you are losing a resource, therefore you need to prioritise a few things while getting that upgrade.

example 2:

if you are meeting a new girl in a crowded place, with 0 seduction abilities, they should not go anywhere with you. However if you have practiced this in some way (re: grind) it would enable it. scene could be repeatable, maybe you need to talk to her several times, and show a progress bar as her wariness reduces and gullibility increases, and if the girl is popular, try to get matching pictures to go with the narrative.

example 3:

grant the ability to see content but that without upgrading it leads to a negative, but frame the dialogue "perhaps if i came back after first doing X I will be able to Y".

2. If possible recommend you consider revisiting some of the scenes for particular girls. my view would be to remove video's that are censored and look for alternative uncensored video's, and to perhaps consider, ehmm different positions, provided you have enough material for the same women. seeing the same images is all well and good but by day 200 we all like diversity.

3. i laughed at the suggestion and back and forth in this topic re: Katarina Hartlova. where you have a person that has alot of content which conforms to the premise of the game, go for it.

In addition, there are certain individuals that are very popular. in this regard, using Piper Fawn is a great idea noting the sheer volume of content available. Perhaps you could engage with your supporters by doing a draw as to who next to use (provided said individual has images/video's that conform to the premise of the game).

going back to Piper Fawn real quick - you could potentially include pictures of new girls to page 1, with a view to attracting a wider audience to your game "oh i know that girl lets see what this game is like".

4. I assume that in later versions of the game some of the women will work either around the house (food?) or experiment in the garden (grow something for tech?), in college (create something for tech), or just work for money (resources), w/e to bring in resources. it looks like you have the ground work for that.

Alternatively to the above, in the event that you cant persist with images/video's the option is always there to outsource/bring in people that will render images/animations ( i accept thats highly unlikely, but it would solve alot of the image/video content issues).

Finally, in conclusion, after tiring Aika out (she is gorgous ok) the image of Aika tired appears to be broken. Is that on my end, re-install to fix or?

Last edited:

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
A forever lurker, I dont comment much!

Anyway, I played the game and would have the following feedback: The game is great! well done!

I also have some suggestions. you can ignore all of the below as you see fit, but perhaps some of this might be considered, take from the below what you will :)
Thanks; the team always appreciates kudos and feedback; part of my role on the team is passing that back to them. And we most certainly welcome suggestions, as quite a few ideas have already been incorporated here and more are going to be put in.

1. You may consider additional ways to grind the game, for example str/int/seduction ability "check points" throughout the game, (which can be grinded each time you go to a certain location or speak to a certain person),
This is a good idea and we're doing some of this. Our trade off mechanic is suspicion for the most part. There's eventually (aside from the starting 3), going to be more direct approaches that generate some amount of suspicion and a "finesse' route which generates little or none. Right now the prime example of this is Lisa. If you give her directions to the beach or even take her there but don't capture her, you get a sequence where you can take her with a better reward in addition to little suspicion (it might actually be zero suspicion at the moment); but you're right in that this doesn't currently exist for most of the girls and we will amend this in time.

We hope to add a combat mechanic and "random combat encounters" as well as the ability for the MC to travel with a party (and some activities/events that will require certain characters with you); but thus far this has proven very difficult to build into Twine. We know other games have managed it, so we're going to try!

We're also going to give you the ability to upgrade your stats as well as some events that upgrade them.

I'll pass the ideas along though as this may "evolve" how we are approaching this.

2. If possible recommend you consider revisiting some of the scenes for particular girls. my view would be to remove video's that are censored and look for alternative uncensored video's, and to perhaps consider, ehmm different positions, provided you have enough material for the same women. seeing the same images is all well and good but by day 200 we all like diversity.
Unfortunately, for some actresses, the censoring is something we cannot control unless we do some really nifty photoshop editing and I think that may be beyond our artist's skillset (though don't want to speak for him, I'll ask). For some, we were able to get a variety of clips to randomly rotate for a given actress; though we've found this isn't always and option. We're also concerned with the repetitive nature of some of these. To that end, we have experimented with some randomized text for the events, but we all hated how it came out in testing. For the moment that's static until we can find a better way. Definitely a good suggestion; just beyond us to fix atm for the most part.

3. i laughed at the suggestion and back and forth in this topic re: Katarina Hartlova. where you have a person that has alot of content which conforms to the premise of the game, go for it.

In addition, there are certain individuals that are very popular. in this regard, using Piper Fawn is a great idea noting the sheer volume of content available. Perhaps you could engage with your supporters by doing a draw as to who next to use (provided said individual has images/video's that conform to the premise of the game).

going back to Piper Fawn real quick - you could potentially include pictures of new girls to page 1, with a view to attracting a wider audience to your game "oh i know that girl lets see what this game is like".
Those are really good ideas I don't think anyone on the team had thought of! In fact, while I have seen similar games do polls for "who to include next", I don't know that any have ever put up a list of photos of the included talent on page 1 (maybe a space restriction?). We'll take a look at both, but I really like these ideas.

4. I assume that in later versions of the game some of the women will work either around the house (food?) or experiment in the garden (grow something for tech?), in college (create something for tech), or just work for money (resources), w/e to bring in resources. it looks like you have the ground work for that.
You assume correctly; you may notice no the "Girl Data" menu we've already added the displays on each girl's panel where you'll be able to adjust their jobs and assignments. Part of getting there was this recent rebuild of the girl code class (which broke saves). Each girl object can now hold the job, daily pay, and whether that job is engaged. You'll eventually have a few choices of how to use them from around the house to adult entertainment (hmm...that abandoned cannery does say it's for sale...)

Alternatively to the above, in the event that you cant persist with images/video's the option is always there to outsource/bring in people that will render images/animations ( i accept thats highly unlikely, but it would solve alot of the image/video content issues).
When it was decided by the original team to make a sequel to the original Invasive Species, we did a poll and overwhelmingly people wanted visuals and game depth. That ended up being real photos as a result. Now, if we had it to do over and had an artist attached to the project who did animation? Yeah, we'd happily do things that way. I believe the plan right now is to finish this game with the current use of real photos and consider 2D or 3D renderings for any further sequels rather than redo the existing game or change up in the middle of things.

Finally, in conclusion, after tiring Aika out (she is gorgous ok) the image of Aika tired appears to be broken. Is that on my end, re-install to fix or?
We'll take a look, sometimes links to the images break, especially when we did an update to remap things.

Thank you for taking the time to send in all these suggestions; again it really is appreciated when people take time to list all this out as it helps us greatly. And the community here does come up with some great ideas (not always ones within our capabilities, but they're still good!)

tunknownusert

Aug 3, 2020
Any plans for those enslaved to gain/retain more broodmother like physical changes more so than they already gain? Like their body changes to become even better/more accustomed to their role in life. Perhaps after X number of breedings or something.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Any plans for those enslaved to gain/retain more broodmother like physical changes more so than they already gain? Like their body changes to become even better/more accustomed to their role in life. Perhaps after X number of breedings or something.
There wasn't; but that's an interesting idea I'll pass along to the team. :) We do track that; though right now only their descriptions change with the number of breedings; it doesn't impact the game. Yet. So at least mechanically, we're already keeping the data tracked, what we lack is an application for it.

Reactions: tunknownusert
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes