Kalkrion

Feb 27, 2019
Is it a bug that the level two upgrades for the broodmares are unavailable even after getting the tech level upgrade?

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Is it a bug that the level two upgrades for the broodmares are unavailable even after getting the tech level upgrade?
Sort of; the tech isn't in game yet, so there's just no slug there; but it is missing. I guess...a known bug then? Thank you for reporting it nonetheless, we appreciate you taking time to call out anything wonky you spot. :)

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
Also, if your writers ever get bored, they could add more personality to each girl; polite, bitch, slut, saint etc etc. and you could write additional narratives for grinding encounters. you could have anywhere from 2 to 200 randomised narratives that cycle each time you look for... bread.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Also, if your writers ever get bored, they could add more personality to each girl; polite, bitch, slut, saint etc etc. and you could write additional narratives for grinding encounters. you could have anywhere from 2 to 200 randomised narratives that cycle each time you look for... bread.
That would be the ideal. I will say as one of the two people doing writing; there is a lot of writing to do and we probably won't get to making things nicer until we have the core stuff built out; we're talking months down the line here. :-/ That said, good suggestion and if we could get the randomizer working in conjuncture with the images correctly, we'd at least have a little variety.

Jengis

Sep 21, 2019
I cant seem to get any progress. are events random or time based?
I cant seem to get any Izumi content ? I have worked with Kim and Jason at the college, but whats next?

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I cant seem to get any progress. are events random or time based?
I cant seem to get any Izumi content ? I have worked with Kim and Jason at the college, but whats next?
Some events are time-based, some take place a random number of days after other events (for example in Kim's chain, once you rescue Yuna at the lighthouse, there are a series of timed events that trigger). Once you get the "Putting the pieces together" event at Kim's apartment (technically Robin's apartment), you should be able to go to the faculty area and meet Izumi; you'll need $2,000 to advance her storyline; but that unlocks tier 2 tech once she completes her research (3 days). Once that is done, you can capture her and see her content.

Jengis

Sep 21, 2019
i have been to the faculty many times after Yuna goes missing with the eggs, is that not the next step?

Thank you for replying!

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
That would be the ideal. I will say as one of the two people doing writing; there is a lot of writing to do and we probably won't get to making things nicer until we have the core stuff built out; we're talking months down the line here. :-/ That said, good suggestion and if we could get the randomizer working in conjuncture with the images correctly, we'd at least have a little variety.
one option to consider, depending on your follower base - is to have monthly competitions for users to submit alternative drafts to what you currently have, which, subject to you / your writers edits/amends/approval/vote, would result in a submission "win" where the prize is your draft has been added to the game. you could then have it that when you grind certain scenes these "alternate" dialogues are in the "pool" of rotating dialogues.

thats just a suggestion, happy for you to bring more content rather then revisit existing content written! :)

Reactions: armyofrobots

gfdsf565

Jul 25, 2019
I was able to guess thanks to some back and forth, and the guide in the post, but overall I'd like to see some kind of in game hint/walkthrough on where to check next or what tasks you need to do to forward the story along.

That said, so far I'm intrigued on the overarching story. Good job so far!

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
i have been to the faculty many times after Yuna goes missing with the eggs, is that not the next step?

Thank you for replying!
If you're going to the faculty office and Izumi is not there, check to see if you have enough space in your cave for more captives; that's one thing that will prevent events from firing; if you don't have room to acquire anyone.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
one option to consider, depending on your follower base - is to have monthly competitions for users to submit alternative drafts to what you currently have, which, subject to you / your writers edits/amends/approval/vote, would result in a submission "win" where the prize is your draft has been added to the game. you could then have it that when you grind certain scenes these "alternate" dialogues are in the "pool" of rotating dialogues.

thats just a suggestion, happy for you to bring more content rather then revisit existing content written! :)
That's a pretty good idea; we'll have to acquire some followers at once. :)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I was able to guess thanks to some back and forth, and the guide in the post, but overall I'd like to see some kind of in game hint/walkthrough on where to check next or what tasks you need to do to forward the story along.

That said, so far I'm intrigued on the overarching story. Good job so far!
Thanks! We do plan to have a Quest Log of sorts with the active tasks; it's just one of a number of things no one has had bandwidth to build yet, but you're right, that is needed and missing.

Keep the ideas coming. :)

Reactions: gfdsf565

Jengis

Sep 21, 2019
If you're going to the faculty office and Izumi is not there, check to see if you have enough space in your cave for more captives; that's one thing that will prevent events from firing; if you don't have room to acquire anyone.

I have 4 in the cave and 3 in the house. The capacity of the cave i believe is 7? Unless the 7 is in total? I cant upgrade because I cant get tech 2.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
I have 4 in the cave and 3 in the house. The capacity of the cave i believe is 7? Unless the 7 is in total? I cant upgrade because I cant get tech 2.
The three in the house do not count against cave capacity; so that shouldn't be the problem. Would you be willing to attach a copy of your save game so we could examine it?

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
I thought I never played the first game, but after playing this at the weekend, I went and dld the 1st game. i do NOW remember playing that game previously (once upon a time!) - and uninstalling it after i died instantly XD. it was very unforgiving! So yes, warnings before instant deaths is a big upgrade haha. you want your product to be attractive (images on 1st page, a welcoming intro to the game (tbh that rear view of the girl on the beach is great haha), not dying, and ofc, an active community of supporters/feedback.

Last edited:

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
I am going to replay the game from scratch, noting it has so much potential and I see so many ways to enhance it, and will provide detailed feedback as I go. (expect this to be over a number of days).

Without further ado (and bear in mind new content that progresses beyond the current point supercedes looking back over the current content! :))

1. From the get go, we have a species trait re: (a) manipulation/seduction and (b) disguise. We have a rudiementary tech path's for the disguise, but not, i feel, for the manipulation/seduction trait(s). Would suggest that you could (better) grind both character (species) traits, via repeatable content, maybe somehow have more emphasise on character status screen. You could even randomise starting attributes. Anyway, it feels like the first set of girls are too easy to catch, would suggest that this is tweaked somewhat. Maybe an exercise to catch girls 2 & 3 ? i.e. failing, repeatable content, success or, activity required to seduce one of the girls-> upgrade to stat, continue, all of which ultimately enables you better chances to get all the pokemon, i mean, girls. A degree of chance in NOT getting all the girls, should exist in the game (imo). i.e. it should not be a virtual novel i feel, it can instead be a game where choices lead to consequences.

2. As previously referenced, there is a disconnect between images for certain girls. We get this disconnect from the get go (yes I love the beach image from behind, god how can I ask you to change it, but the image is clearly caucasian, and as we progress to the next scene we suddenly are met with Hitomi Tanaka. Now, I accept that the game is broadly based around our first 3 female leads, who are all asian. Therefore, instead of changing them, consider changing the first image. The first image, can ofc stay since its gorgoues, but you can have it as a different (white) girl. Rather then try getting an image her of Hitomi ( i did look ! ) I would suggest you explore getting a random image of some random asian babe, from behind, on a beach ( i did locate several ). Legs and body, you dont need head! so a picture from behind or with a hat would work.

thats enough for today :)

rake69

Apr 5, 2020
I tried to break the game and succeeded, I got to the scene where it stongly suggests to you NOT to go down the stairs. I went down the stairs and DIED. I then hit the back arrow, and chose the other option. I then went back to the house but at this point I got an error messages which read:

(days): Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: setup.Days is undefined.
Mindy/Cindy/Naomi Room: Error: <<If>>: bad condition expression in <<if>>clause: setup DAYS is undefined.

At this point a couple of observations:

1. If you Die, it should be that you cant hit "back", and recommend the user is prompted to make a new game (dont allow back arrow AT ALL maybe? (recommended).
2. Allow the back arrow (for noobs) and try to resolve the error. (not recommended!)
3 This entire episode reminded me of when I was 12, in a computer arcade playing Dungeons and Dragons. The option was:

(a) Would you like to go THE LONG WAY AROUND the mountains?
(b) Would you like to go under the mountain?

I selected (b)

The game prompted:

Are you sure? it is said there is a gigantic RED DRAGON under the mountain and no one has survived!

YES, SURE, GO.

Are you really sure? This is the most ferocious dragon that has ever existed (or words to that effect)

YES YES, LETS GO

"Well, ok, I did warn you".

after which i instantly died, and then proceeded to throw around 50 credits in to the game trying to kill that stupid dragon (hint: i died).

In summary: Deaths should be telegraphed, and only stupid ppl should die.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes