BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
You should get a phone call a random number of days after you buy a fluid pump for the first time.
Should change that to getting your first old boiler, since fluid pump is such a late game item and you need biomatter to do most early game upgrades.

florvas

Jan 18, 2018
Are all of the ????? girl name slots currently fillable in the cave? Got the main quest done, but still have a few of those.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Should change that to getting your first old boiler, since fluid pump is such a late game item and you need biomatter to do most early game upgrades.
You need it for the first milk storage, but that whole little thing is being reworked at some point; what's there now is more or less a "bookmark" for later things.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Are all of the ????? girl name slots currently fillable in the cave? Got the main quest done, but still have a few of those.
No; because there are ones for Kim, Yuna, Becka; and you cannot yet reach their capture events (sorry)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
So far so good, but I'm wondering how the Random girl will work and what I need to do to find them.
In this version, there is only one, and she randomly pops up at the Tennis courts (on days past day 5 when you have the tech), and you can find her there randomly going forward. There are multiple random encounters like this that will be set to trigger in a variety of populated areas; though those are not yet completed.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
You need it for the first milk storage, but that whole little thing is being reworked at some point; what's there now is more or less a "bookmark" for later things.
Not to harp on this, but I never needed the milk storage upgrade and I made it to EoC (after finding out about the quest)
Basically none of the upgrades require that much milk, and it's more efferent to get milk product up, since double milk and some manual milking gives you far more then you need. Figured this feed back would be helpful, enjoyed the game so far.

Another feature however I think should get added, not sure if anyone said this yet, is some Quality of Life features. Color coding for when your about to run out of Food or Milk, a return home button, leave home button being at the bottom of the menu, a quest log, etc.

Reactions: armyofrobots

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Not to harp on this, but I never needed the milk storage upgrade and I made it to EoC (after finding out about the quest)
Basically none of the upgrades require that much milk, and it's more efferent to get milk product up, since double milk and some manual milking gives you far more then you need. Figured this feed back would be helpful, enjoyed the game so far.

Another feature however I think should get added, not sure if anyone said this yet, is some Quality of Life features. Color coding for when your about to run out of Food or Milk, a return home button, leave home button being at the bottom of the menu, a quest log, etc.
Fair point; and the "game" aspects have not been balanced at all, we've been focused on getting enough content/gameplay out to keep players interested and involved so our development gets better, but you're right, milk storage is not as big of a priority, especially early game as you burn through it so fast.

While that has not specifically been suggested (and thank you for thinking of it), we have a number of QoL / UI updates planned. We'll add that to the list to be implemented, because those would all be handy to have made more noticeable.

Reactions: BobCarter

florvas

Jan 18, 2018
No; because there are ones for Kim, Yuna, Becka; and you cannot yet reach their capture events (sorry)
Alright, thanks for the response! Just good to know I'm set until the next update. Great game btw, best HTML-based one I've played to date. Doubly so for an initial release. Solid writing, minimal editing mistakes, and good choice of imagery/audio to go along with it.

Last edited:

Jengis

Sep 21, 2019
With the new update do you have to restart?
I am getting error codes on parts pf the screen.

eg
Midori is here.
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'milkable')
Breed Midori (-10 Energy)

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
With the new update do you have to restart?
I am getting error codes on parts pf the screen.

eg
Midori is here.
Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'milkable')
Breed Midori (-10 Energy)
Yeah; unfortunately we needed to rebuild the objects that store the information for each character sooner rather than later to allow for more complexity than we originally planned. When we did that, we knew it would break current save games. The new class is extendable, so hopefully if we have to add more depth to the character model, say if we added HP so they can do combat with you; you wouldn't need a fresh start to play.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
i've restarted and meeting izumi event isnt starting so i'm kinda stuck
In order to meet Izumi, you need to have completed Kim's arc where you go to the lighthouse and get the "putting the pieces together" event at Robin's old apartment (where you've been meeting Kim and the rest of the Scooby Doo gang). If you've completed that, you should be able to meet her in her office in the faculty building on the college campus.

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Alright, thanks for the response! Just good to know I'm set until the next update. Great game btw, best HTML-based one I've played to date. Doubly so for an initial release. Solid writing, minimal editing mistakes, and good choice of imagery/audio to go along with it.
Thank you; I'll pass that along to the team. We're still pretty early on in this project and only really lately hitting our stride with regular delivered updates, better quality control, etc. Still, if you see mistakes or just think of something to add, please let us know.

Spamdumpster

Dec 5, 2019
Uhm....I don't mean to come across as harsh here, truly I don't.

That stated, uhm, can someone explain to me how the use of D&D rolls, even SUCCESSFUL rolls still kill the character?
For example, one location has you, as I understand it, setting up an explosion to take out the Big Bad Guy.

Well, the roll was 12 + 12 (Dex) = 12. Call me crazy, but NO, that's not how it works folks.

A basic roll is 1d20 (one twenty sided dice) as the overall "how you did naturally" then you add in any potential extra 'oomph' (positive or negative) to the attempt, which results in your final result. THAT is then compared to whatever arbitrary number the DM (or in this game developer) chooses as a threshold.

A natural 1 is a catastrophic failure (ie, you try to swing a random <something> you found, and crack yourself in the head)
A natural 20 is a spectacular success on whatever you're attempting to do (you fling the throwing knife with such perfect aim it slips into the eye-slit of the helmet, and actually penetrates the brain, killing the enemy instantly)

Again, maybe I'm being cluess here, but these numbers don't seem to add up.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
PSA, As of

Invasive Species 2 The Hive v0.2.3.2 [ArmyofRobots]

{-You will need to start a new game-}
Any saves before <- v0.2.3.2 will not work, function or load content properly due too a plethora of back end and content links changes within the project.
{-You will need to start a new game-}

armyofrobots

Game Developer
May 26, 2018
Uhm....I don't mean to come across as harsh here, truly I don't.

That stated, uhm, can someone explain to me how the use of D&D rolls, even SUCCESSFUL rolls still kill the character?
For example, one location has you, as I understand it, setting up an explosion to take out the Big Bad Guy.

Well, the roll was 12 + 12 (Dex) = 12. Call me crazy, but NO, that's not how it works folks.

A basic roll is 1d20 (one twenty sided dice) as the overall "how you did naturally" then you add in any potential extra 'oomph' (positive or negative) to the attempt, which results in your final result. THAT is then compared to whatever arbitrary number the DM (or in this game developer) chooses as a threshold.

A natural 1 is a catastrophic failure (ie, you try to swing a random <something> you found, and crack yourself in the head)
A natural 20 is a spectacular success on whatever you're attempting to do (you fling the throwing knife with such perfect aim it slips into the eye-slit of the helmet, and actually penetrates the brain, killing the enemy instantly)

Again, maybe I'm being cluess here, but these numbers don't seem to add up.
Yeah; that one is broken; we have a fix in the coming update once we have the rest of the bugs ironed out. You're completely right, the math in that particular sequence is broken because two variables were never added together (order of operations mistake). Please keep reporting any issues you find, it does help us find and fix them.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes