VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Nice (boo to Epic Games Launcher though ;))! This just reminded me I really need to start using a real filemanager utility again... On different Windows systems I've used Total Commander, Freecommander, and some other similar utils I can't remember, Powerdesk Pro for a while (likely at least well over a decade ago on that one), and Directory Opus (which was incredible but takes some time setting up and can be a bit overkill at times) and I often miss a lot of the functionality. :unsure:

Reactions: badtimetales

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Nice (boo to Epic Games Launcher though ;))! This just reminded me I really need to start using a real filemanager utility again... On different Windows systems I've used Total Commander, Freecommander, and some other similar utils I can't remember, Powerdesk Pro for a while (likely at least well over a decade ago on that one), and Directory Opus (which was incredible but takes some time setting up and can be a bit overkill at times) and I often miss a lot of the functionality. :unsure:
I use Epic coz they give away shit for free, sue me :ROFLMAO:

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest from Patreon.

Late again, sorry. I got stuck playing through the first chapter rework.

It's ridiculous how many rendering errors like poke-throughs you can see with a trained eye.
Luckily it's easy to fix, but it's time consuming :/

While I was editing the script and fixing the bugs, the GPU was busy rendering some animations. I'm really having fun with Blender ;)

I've got a few dozen renders set up for chapter 4.1, need to go through them again to check the lights and finally render them.

I started playing through chapter 2 today, need to re-render some animations, but that shouldn't be a problem.

That's all for now, not much to report but it's work to be done.

Thanks for your support,

BTT

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Surprise, on time this time ;)

After countless playthroughs I've finally finished reworking chapter one.
I also managed to do some work on the GUI and removed all the pointless choices.

Meaningless choices?
I've decided that character stats like love, trust and so on are not important for the main characters.

Wil is there, Alex is there. Just to name two.
They are needed for the story, so there is no need to fake any character stats.
(With Alex, you'll still have the option of dumping her, but it doesn't change her relationship or her role in the story).

Whether or not you tell Wil to leave in the first chapter, you need his help.
Tell Wil that you love Alex or not. Alex will be there.
I hope you understand what I mean.

I'm adding some choices that will change the story in some parts.
Like being aggressive or passive will change the situation later in the game.

Chapters 2 and 3 should be much less work to redo and half of it is already done, I just have to torture my GPU ;)

I may regret this, but you have the right to know where I am.
This rework has already taken much longer than planned.
If all goes well, I'll be sending out the beta this month.
While working on the update at the same time, I hope to get Chapter 4.1 out for beta/proofing soon after the comments on the revised beta have come in.

Patreon billing has been paused for 2 months now and will resume after I've sent out the beta. I'll let you know when billing resumes.

Thanks for your support,
have a great weekend!
BTT

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes