VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I'd go slowly insane if I were a dev.
The only way I can think of to stave off that, is to listen to the polite and constructive criticism and suggestions, ignore the rude and demanding people, but never, ever let go of your vision for the project.
I made that clear quite early.
I can't consider everybody's opinion and think about it, not if I want to tell the story like I want to do.

Somebody made me do a poll about Alex back than (chapter 2.1 I think), because he thought she's bad for the game.
Even here 75% liked her - and that was at the beginning of her character building.
I have no problem with people who don't like her.
But judging that after 20 minutes playing is a bit early.
Same with Isa, her character building just starts.

I think you've got that pretty much covered
Thank you ;)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, the start has been made with both ladies in the mc's house, even bed.

But yes, it will be a little tricky to deliver it in a believable way.
the only somewhat realistic way I see this happening (i.e. mc doesn't have magic dick syndrome) is Isa having a honest to God conversation with Alex about her feelings, rather than MC two-timing Alex behind her back and then she will magically be okay with it, don't really like that approach

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
replay from the start. :(
well, lets go, i liked C1-3 and i got nothing better to do.
does the WT-Mod (4.1a) work with the game (4.1b)?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Let's get something clear: You are free to have and express your views.

Now,

Sexless? Isn't a matter of curves, size, weight or of anything else. Sexy, is an attitude. Is a way of being. So, in this sense, Alex is a VERY sexy woman, what she lacks in the more common forms of beauty, she amply supplies with her great personality. She's fierce, brave even when scared shitless, compassionate, like a broken dancing doll, that still dances in spite of everything.

Compared? Sorry mate, but you NEVER EVER compare women. NEVER. EVER. Or men even.

Hair sucks? It's part of her affirmation as a person after what happened to her. Maybe it is a way to scare away predators, from your words, it's working. There you go... uh???

Peace :D
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion - so you have yours and I have mine - so be it

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Let's get something clear: You are free to have and express your views.

Now,

Sexless? Isn't a matter of curves, size, weight or of anything else. Sexy, is an attitude. Is a way of being. So, in this sense, Alex is a VERY sexy woman, what she lacks in the more common forms of beauty, she amply supplies with her great personality. She's fierce, brave even when scared shitless, compassionate, like a broken dancing doll, that still dances in spite of everything.

Compared? Sorry mate, but you NEVER EVER compare women. NEVER. EVER. Or men even.

Hair sucks? It's part of her affirmation as a person after what happened to her. Maybe it is a way to scare away predators, from your words, it's working. There you go... uh???

Peace :D
Beg to difer - sexy can be an attitude but not all are sexy - in fact most women aren't even as sexy as game characters, but what is true is there is someone for all as tastes differ greatly you can keep yours and I will keep mine - and it's ok to compare, just be gentle when doing it

Reactions: crixtoanti

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I made that clear quite early.
I can't consider everybody's opinion and think about it, not if I want to tell the story like I want to do.
You did. Invariably the best stories imo are those where the Dev has a reasonably clear idea of what the story they want to tell is about. I imagine some things may change during development, but the overall plot and theme probably shouldn't.

Somebody made me do a poll about Alex back than (chapter 2.1 I think), because he thought she's bad for the game.
I remember that poll. I also remember being confused about why anyone would think Alex could be bad for the game. And that has nothing to do with me liking her. How could she be perceived as bad for a story we knew very little of at that time?

Same with Isa, her character building just starts.
And I'm really looking forward to get to know her better. I get it probably doesn't fit with the way you've decided to tell the story (only from the MC's pov) but I'd pay extra to see her and Alex interact without the MC present. (This, of course is the type of demands/suggestions you should ignore...) ;)
Their relationship developing is something I'm really looking forward to see and shouldn't be dependent on the MC only.
Sorry, I'm rambling. Too much (Italian) wine.

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
I actually really like Alex as a character she is interesting and funny but she definitely makes a better friend/fwb than a gf for the MC I think.

Even if a throuple ends up being an option I would probably still choose an Isabella solo path (if it will exist).

Hopefully If you break-up with Alex it gets addressed rather than just ignored. So far it seems like the only dialogue difference is when Alex needs someone to watch her sleep Isabella goes "why don't you sleep with --- oh nvm you can sleep with me". I'm sure the girls discuss it off screen but considering Isabella earlier said she doesn't want to get between Alex/MC's "relationship" I hope its addressed soon that their officially back to being only friends now.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2846892

Short scene only, but there's a reason for it. ;)
It's an important scene. I didn't think about it when I wrote that though, so I guess I owe you some more money. ;)
Set up a buy me a coffee account or something and I'll honour that.

But I think friendships are something that could be depicted better in VNs in general. The weird male, or gay friend (who's not a 'threat' to the MC) is tiresome, and just as I'd like people the player isn't interested in to have normal romantic or sexual relationships, I'd love to see more depictions of good friendships. So, basically what I'd like to see is Alex and Isa become friends and then, if the player wants it, more than that. I know that will happen, I just want to see it happening.
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
There might be a burning house... :devilish:

But no, none of the girls get hurt. One dead GF is enough.
Burning house... two LI trapped inside... which will you choose to save? Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Yeah... none of that here, dear friend. I already played Acting Lessons...

Glad you intend to keep Isa, Alex, MC and Zeus alive and well, my friend... my jury is still out on Jinx... A $50-$100 throw pillow is much more easily forgiven than those expensive window treatments that likely ran $1000 per panel... I'm seriously thinking of repairing them with cat furs... Here Jinx... Here kitty, kitty. Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Cat needs a scratching post, STAT!!!:mad: Kidding about skinning Jinx but would be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind... Scratching post... definitely needs a scratching post... NOW!!!
Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.08.12 - 13.22.54.25.png
PS: Patreon refuses to take my perfectly legitimate Mastercard debit but Buy me a coffee and Subscribestar work just fine. More options are always better when it comes to receiving income, my friend. I'm sure that others feel the same way.(y)

• Haha
Reactions: badtimetales
4.50 star(s) 60 Votes