allthetoast

Jan 24, 2018
Any plans to expand or remake this? any other similar games? (and by similar I mean similarly fucked up)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
there are several "expansions" in the OP already...
and if you mean other games with this dark setting... well the author also created a few other games... defiler wings is one of the translated titles

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
there are several "expansions" in the OP already...
and if you mean other games with this dark setting... well the author also created a few other games... defiler wings is one of the translated titles
Do you mean "1.7.3, 1.7.5 (Crushboss HF), 1.7.6 (Dark Helmet)" by expansions or do you know something else?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think Old Huntsman's last release was 1.7.3, Crushboss added some mechanics and additional content to the game aswell as improveing the translation... so I'd call it an expansion, and DarkHelmet on his part did some modding on that version aswell until it would qualify as an expansion I gues

Reactions: Daba

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I don't suppose there' any way to play this on mobile?
Not that I'm aware of. It may be theoretically possible as there seems to be a , but I suspect it would take a significant effort to get Jack running on it. QSP has been pretty much eclipsed by RenPy.

den_saga

Dec 31, 2017
Having a hard time trying to change images with gifs. Using "Jack O Nine img. editor" and it seems to accomplish tasks, except they are not showing up in-game.

den_saga

Dec 31, 2017
Works when you manually save over an existing image with same size. Maybe all new gifs must be resized accordingly, then it'll work?

D

Deleted member 584847

um, guys... Im pretty sure I played a non-QSP version some time ago... is it still available somewhere, anyone knows?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
probably one of the Hongfire builds... if I remember correctly they had recompiled it into a .exe file... but basically it was still QSP

D

Deleted member 584847

probably one of the Hongfire builds... if I remember correctly they had recompiled it into a .exe file... but basically it was still QSP
I guess Ive found it in one of the links here in the main page. I didnt looked before because the thread is marked as "QSP"... thank you :)

Nuffy

May 5, 2018
Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having in this game? I failed the tutorial because I apparently suck at the game, so I decided to try sandbox mode. The first slave I bought started with two 'spoiling' and no matter what I do it won't go down. When it reached three I looked online to see what I was doing wrong and found out I was actually spoiling her with fresh food because she had no devotion. So, I fixed my rules, and made sure I was moderating her rewards to less than the number displayed next to 'excelled' and no more than two per day, and thought it would be fixed. When It went UP to four, I gave up found a save editor and manually edited it down to one. At that point she finally started gaining devotion, and I thought I was good, but it went back up to two shortly thereafter.

To clarify, according to the wiki, a complete list of things that increase spoiling includes:

* Fresh Food - requires a Devotion of 1
* Leftovers - requires a Devotion of 2
* Boudoir - requires a Devotion of 1
* Sleep in my bed - requires a Devotion of 2
* Giving rewards that the slave hasn't earned
* Giving rewards that are above the slave's performance/virtue
* More than two rewards given out per day
* Not punishing your slave when she sins
* Slave ends the day with sin

Unless that list is incomplete, or there's something I'm misunderstanding, her spoiling should be increasing by 0 per day and decreasing according to her devotion. Yet, it keeps going up. Can anyone help me?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
starteing a slave with spoil...
1st.png
use "!" Commands to "Explain her position" once a day (3 days) and "put her in place" (as long as she has spoil)
with 1 devotion
2nd.png
with 2 devotion
3rd.png
and finally with 3+ devotion
4th.png
ALWAYS works like a charm... just make sure that her mind doesn't break, train endurance and gladiatrix as soon as possible and send her to the Arena days.

Also messageing a girl 2 days after another even if only once a day has an increased chance to raise spoil

Reactions: Nuffy

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Old Huntsmen basic game... just a small number of girls countless bugs that made gameplay hell and mostly badly translated text.
Crushboss took the complete game... added more girls straightened the code and made a few adjustements to the game mechanic aswell as improveing the translation
Dark Helmet took over from there and added stuff like the farm, money from Arena tournament and fixed a few leftover bugs from Crushboss

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
To clear up a few misconceptions on this thread - Old Huntsman is the original developer of the game and his last version was 1.2.1.

The game had quite a few teams work on it for short periods of time between version 1.2.2 and 1.3.4 (roughly).

I picked up the game and released my first version as 1.3.5. I released all the versions of the game from 1.3.5 until 1.7.3. I did this on Hongfire under the name of CrushBoss.

I quit (mostly) after releasing version 1.7.3 of the game. Several rogue versions of the game were released (one based on version 1.7.2 of the game). Both FrobozzDaMad and Ogder released a version 1.7.4. I combined the two rogue versions (which conflicted with each other), fixed most of the new bugs they introduced (one bug was fatal), and released version 1.7.5. Version 1.7.5 was my way of preserving the integrity of the game since it was being split in multiple directions by two different developers.

A russian developer grabbed my 1.7.3 version and translated it back into Russian and modded it further. I'm not sure where he ended up posting it.

Dark Helmet released version 1.7.6. He did not add the farm or any new enhancements, just a few game mechanic changes and bug fixes (he only spent one to two weeks on it). A couple of his changes I do not agree with. He barely changed anything from version 1.7.5.

Ogder and I began work on version 1.7.7 of Jack-o-Nine-Tails but we were both burned out on the game and never finished it. It isn't in a playable format so don't ask and I no longer have the files.

I was the lead developer for Jack-o-Nine-Tails for 9 months (versions 1.3.5 - 1.7.3 and 1.7.5). I fixed over 1000 bugs during that time (over 250 major fixes) and over 130 feature enhancements / new features. 99% of the attached document were changes I made to the game. I did a near rewrite to the game over the 9 months I developed for Jack-o-Nine-Tails. Aside from Old Huntsman, I made the most bug fixes and improvements to the game by far (Dark Helmet made one small version).

Hongfire began to fall apart approximately two and-a-half years ago. It no longer exists and went offline recently. I found F95zone roughly two years ago and have been here ever since under the name of spectre1viper. The name CrushBoss bothered some people (mainly the "Boss" part) so I dropped that name and no longer use it. Plus it made me sound like an immature kid who thinks he's tough and self-important. That is not the image I want to portray.

I hope this clears up the history of the game. :)

View attachment Change Log.7z

Last edited:

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
There are a couple more things I want to add.

When I was on Hongfire, some players preferred version 1.7.3 over 1.7.5 or 1.7.6. One of the 1.7.4 versions added all of the optional image packs to the game. This caused the game to nearly triple in size. It also overwrote some of the original images for the game. Some players preferred the original images over the new ones (not all original images were replaced, however a good portion were). So version 1.7.3 became popular with players who really liked the images in the original game from Old Huntsman.

I also preferred some of the original images over the new ones. Players can do the following trick to restore the original images to version 1.7.5 or 1.7.6:

1. Download both versions - 1.7.3 and either 1.7.5 or 1.7.6
  2. Copy the /game/content/pic folder from version 1.7.3 to either 1.7.5 or 1.7.6 (merge, replace, and overwrite all)
One of the goals for version 1.7.7 that Ogder and I were working on was to take the best images from both versions. Another goal was to clean up the image names and image folder structures (they were a HUGE mess with little consistency). Like I mentioned in my previous post, this version never got finished and I no longer have the files for it. :(

There is always a small chance that I will pick this game up again and work on it some more.

I wrote a large mod for for those who are interested in my other major project. I also made quite a few contributions and bug fixes to .

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes