Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Essentially it's an error message: "Failed to load picture x"
it happens from time to time... if you want to fix it you would have to browse every json file and check with the picture folder or correct obvious misspellings in the json

Feb 25, 2019
Thanks man. At one point I thought about checking every question mark in the program. I haven't found the culprit yet but you have greatly decreased the possible sources. Cheers!

Feb 25, 2019
What programs did you guys use to create the GIF files within the girls folder? I found several of the source images that are in JPG or PNG formats. But when I tried turning them into single frame GIFs, they all come out horribly pixelated. In contrast, many highly detailed GIF images in the girls folder look like PNG images.

How did you guys do it?

Alternatively, in the jack.qsp program, is there a way to check with an IF statement if an image file is GIF, JPG or PNG? So far I can only check whether an image variable or array exists in the JSON but not the image formats.

Feb 25, 2019
How do you guys consistently beat the Vatican Champion? Assuming your gladiatrix has max stats, has best equipment and is an MILF plus having access to potions from Alchemy.

In HF and other fora I read some of you guys can beat her several times in a row even during the earlier versions when she's even more overpowered than she is now. I read crushboss beat her at least 6 times in a row.

I can beat her sometimes when I nail her with Acceleration (2x green damage dealt) and Stunned (2x green damage received) then hit her with dual wielder's special green attack.

But it still feels very RNG-dependent.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
How do you guys consistently beat the Vatican Champion? Assuming your gladiatrix has max stats, has best equipment and is an MILF plus having access to potions from Alchemy.

In HF and other fora I read some of you guys can beat her several times in a row even during the earlier versions when she's even more overpowered than she is now. I read crushboss beat her at least 6 times in a row.

I can beat her sometimes when I nail her with Acceleration (2x green damage dealt) and Stunned (2x green damage received) then hit her with dual wielder's special green attack.

But it still feels very RNG-dependent.
easiest way to beat her are either double handed axe or tridant and net, if you are lucky enough shield and sword can also work... all other weapons are rather weak on the damage output...you still need to be lucky so you can activate the special skill on their weakness, as you have at max 3 attacks against her...don't try to get weak or adrenaline state

Feb 25, 2019
easiest way to beat her are either double handed axe or tridant and net, if you are lucky enough shield and sword can also work... all other weapons are rather weak on the damage output...you still need to be lucky so you can activate the special skill on their weakness, as you have at max 3 attacks against her...don't try to get weak or adrenaline state
Thanks man! Double handed axe / Trident and Net IS way more reliable.

By any chance, do you know if equipping your gladiatrix with topnotch weapons or clothing (not armor) actually improves her combat abilities?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I tried that in the past but couldn't find a change in the stats... so no
makes sense actually all slaves enter the arena nearly naked and only carry equipment issued by the Arena itself... evens the fields and might even prevent death to a certain degree, as it is insured that weapons are neither rusty nor poisened.

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018
I wish another game as big and interesting as JoNT would come out.

Closest would be brothel king (which I enjoy a lot) but still quite far in terms of fetish and gameplay.

Reactions: Daba

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I wish another game as big and interesting as JoNT would come out.
Closest would be brothel king (which I enjoy a lot) but still quite far in terms of fetish and gameplay.
There is Slave Maker 3 ...which probably would be better called either "Slave Trainer" or "Harem Maker"... but still similiar
you could also try Strive for Power.
less training but more management would also fall to Sim Brothel 2 - Revival

Reactions: Daba

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I'm roaming through the folders... My goal was to mix up the best pictures of both version 1.7.3 and 1.7.5 into one.

It's done. But I'm not done... I also want to remove censorship from the entire game. So I'm searching for other (better) pictures across the web.

Full amateur work, some pictures will probably be to large and won't fit the frame. Would someone care to give me infos? Three questions:
1) If I name a picture "hj_short_pink_9", will the game automatically fetch for it? Or does it has to be linked manually within the game programing?
2) Do I have to put all images into actual .gif? Or can I just put them in .jpg and .png and the game will read them for me?
3) What's the maximum size for pictures?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
what kind of pictures is fetched for each girl is part of the json file
*\Jack-o-nine-tails\game\json\slaves
From what I recollect...if you remove/overwrite existing files that might be possible without extra work...but considering the amount of "failed to load" pictures are also an indicator that the current picture set is not perfect

jjm152

Oct 25, 2018
I've played this game a few times at every major release over the last few years, and I have to say that stopping at the HF 1.7.5 version seems to be the best mix of bug fixes and fucked up design decisions by later maintainers. Even then that comes with a big caveat since things like the Fog Battles, while combat works a bit better now, are still stupidly designed and even worse than they were in the original version of the game (not sure if that's saying much since they've always been dumb).

I'm currently working on finishing my own game, Queen of the Seas, but once I'm finished with that a "Jack" clone will be coming next. This is the game that got me into making 'adult games' in the first place, so I want to see it done justice with a modern engine that can easily be modded and extended.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
I've played this game a few times at every major release over the last few years, and I have to say that stopping at the HF 1.7.5 version seems to be the best mix of bug fixes and fucked up design decisions by later maintainers. Even then that comes with a big caveat since things like the Fog Battles, while combat works a bit better now, are still stupidly designed and even worse than they were in the original version of the game (not sure if that's saying much since they've always been dumb).

I'm currently working on finishing my own game, Queen of the Seas, but once I'm finished with that a "Jack" clone will be coming next. This is the game that got me into making 'adult games' in the first place, so I want to see it done justice with a modern engine that can easily be modded and extended.
I truly hope you menage to make Jack-O-Nine-Tails clone, it is one of rare slaver games with deep mechanics and no bullshit.

Chaussettes

Apr 1, 2018

Damn you're making me hard bro.

Hope you'll be able to do it.

Reactions: zen4yalp

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I've found out this game is quite a mess ^^

Spelling mistakes in the files ("buakake", "pazuri"...).
The game is trying to fetch for pictures that never ever existed in any version (when the trainer cooks, when everyone gets to sleep...). (I'm unable to find a fix for it).
In the image folder "sex", the game looks out for a .gif and is unable to load anything else. In the folder "scene", the game looks out for a .jpg. (I'm unable to find a fix for it).

Does someone have a solution for these last two problems?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes