• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
One of the projects that the dev team are looking at are ways to make the individual slaves that are acquired to have a little more personality, and a little 'memory,' at the very least so they have a different 'feel' to train. No promises but eventually we may address the emotional and reactive complexity of slaves in an algorithmic way.
That would certainly help my own personal playthroughs as I dont really do the story grind. So if you and Qwerty go through with that, I extend my gratitude.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Hi everyone :D. As of a few minutes ago, the lest few updates towards 2.2 have been pushed to the dev versions. The stable versions here on this thread will also be updated soon, after we do some thorough bug testing, but in the meantime, if you'd like to try out 2.2 and also help us find and squash the last remaining bugs, you can head on over to the dev/modding thread and download the dev versions there.

If you're already playing on the dev versions and you're just updating, I recommend backing up your saves and doing a new clean install.

utterlyjunky

Aug 31, 2020
Just a small update on 2.2 RC. While there is a lot of new material in the 2.2 Release Candidate, there is an ongoing discussion about some of the game balance, as far as task acceptance and general obedience. This current system is a bit of an intermediate step in terms of the psychological system in the game (a bit more 'realistic' than before.) It might be significantly more difficult and slow to train a slave at the moment (but you are free to adjust a slaves taming level and so on in the cheat menu, via the standard option menu at the top.)

Any release candidate is subject to change. Don't feel put off if it 'feels' too hard. Feedback on the game, and any bugs you might find are welcome of course, but the developers are just as invested in providing good difficulty balancing, just as much as fixing bugs and implementing new features. This is a first draft of version 2.2, and we're committed to producing a new version that carries on the great legacy of Jack of Nine Tails.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I've a question about this new slower pace for those who have familiarity with the new acceptance system: is it still practical to complete the tutorial on hard mode even with it enabled?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I'll confess I haven't played through the tutorial recently. It's looking like we'll be making some changes shortly that will make it a bit easier, and I'll give it a try.

J3andit

Nov 12, 2017
A little bit Off-topic but: Has anybody of you played the new Crusader Kings 3? That game a has very detailed character generator now and I think modding in some slave trainer into it, like Jack'o Nine would be incredibly fitting.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
A little bit Off-topic but: Has anybody of you played the new Crusader Kings 3? That game a has very detailed character generator now and I think modding in some slave trainer into it, like Jack'o Nine would be incredibly fitting.
Wasn't there a mod that kinda did that for CK2?

It would be amazing to have something for CK3 too though. I play that game quite a lot lately :D

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
Is there a guide somewhere for adding your own pics for new slaves? I have played the game so much there all getting pretty repetitve. In most games like this adding your own pics is very simple and if we can't add are own is there any possibility more being add in upcoming updates?

Actually, after looking into the files for a bit. It dose not to difficult unless there’s some background reason why more has not been added. Like engine limitations or wonky code slowing things down. From what I can tell and I could be very wrong all I need is Photoshop to get the images correct and create a .joson linking them all together and setting traits Is there anything I missed? Although not having a blank version of the face background dose makes it pretty difficult.

Last edited:

bargian

May 7, 2017
For older version there were real pic's pack. Are they still somewhere here to download? Would they still work?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
For older version there were real pic's pack. Are they still somewhere here to download? Would they still work?
Nope, the guy that created it never showed any sign of life that I can recall. So he hasn't be able to update it for newer versions (that have completely different names).

However, in theory, you should be able to mod pictures really easily in 2.2 (just dropping images and naming them correctly). It means if you're a bit motivated, you'll be able to just drop down the images of the real pic pack and use it. You can already try now with 2.2 pre-release (y)

bargian

May 7, 2017
Ahh... damn it. I dont think ill find time for that kind of fun. Anyway i dont see that pack anywhere here.

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
Nope, the guy that created it never showed any sign of life that I can recall. So he hasn't be able to update it for newer versions (that have completely different names).

However, in theory, you should be able to mod pictures really easily in 2.2 (just dropping images and naming them correctly). It means if you're a bit motivated, you'll be able to just drop down the images of the real pic pack and use it. You can already try now with 2.2 pre-release (y)
I can confirm that it is easy in 2.2 as long as you have a bit of Photoshop knowledge. But that’s only if you want to get the characters on a transparent background and have your pictures fit in fine. The hard part was re-creating the face background. But I can say, I have successfully added four new girls to the game and play tested them.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I can confirm that it is easy in 2.2 as long as you have a bit of Photoshop knowledge. But that’s only if you want to get the characters on a transparent background and have your pictures fit in fine. The hard part was re-creating the face background. But I can say, I have successfully added four new girls to the game and play tested them.
Yeah, and photoshop knowledge is required only for "full pictures" (that weren't in the mod if I remember well).

The mod he's talking about fetched for images in sex_scenes and normal_scenes (maybe torture). For that, all you need is dropping pictures and renaming them according to the new file names pattern (the image names used to specify the eye color... sometimes. It was a mess).

If someone would like to update or create the mod with real girls pictures for the no-loli version, after a little bit of quality control, I'd of course feature it in the first post. (y)

Edit: that was the mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-sgs-mod-spaceghostsfm.7222/

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah, and photoshop knowledge is required only for "full pictures" (that weren't in the mod if I remember well).

The mod he's talking about fetched for images in sex_scenes and normal_scenes (maybe torture). For that, all you need is dropping pictures and renaming them according to the new file names pattern (the image names used to specify the eye color... sometimes. It was a mess).

If someone would like to update or create the mod with real girls pictures for the no-loli version, after a little bit of quality control, I'd of course feature it in the first post. (y)

Edit: that was the mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-sgs-mod-spaceghostsfm.7222/
My goal at the moment is to over time get the loli count to equal the non-loli girls. At the moment there so out numbered that they rarely pop up and tend to get old fast. Also is there any way we can get a blank face background in the files of 2.2? My re-creation still seems a bit off.

Goddess1337

Jun 15, 2019
One of the projects that the dev team are looking at are ways to make the individual slaves that are acquired to have a little more personality, and a little 'memory,' at the very least so they have a different 'feel' to train. No promises but eventually we may address the emotional and reactive complexity of slaves in an algorithmic way.
Just wanna say I would LOVE for the slaves you train to have more personality and make them more interesting to train. The slaves tend to get same-y for me. Maybe something based on their backstory so the backstory is more than just fluff? Like a girl with a military/soldier background being more aggressive and naturally responding less to fear? Just an example, but would still love something like that in the future.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
My goal at the moment is to over time get the loli count to equal the non-loli girls. At the moment there so out numbered that they rarely pop up and tend to get old fast. Also is there any way we can get a blank face background in the files of 2.2? My re-creation still seems a bit off.
That's kind of on purpose. It makes sense that loli are fragile and also protected by their families in their own worlds. So making them traverse the fog would be perilous, and the market would crawl under offers of loli fetishists so there'd be less for you to find (as Isabella says when you encounter her: "old" as in above 25yo = so little valuable that she could end up in a meat grinder...)

However the effect shouldn't be as pronounced as you're describing. There are 172 loli, 201 youngsters, 180 milfs.

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
That's kind of on purpose. It makes sense that loli are fragile and also protected by their families in their own worlds. So making them traverse the fog would be perilous, and the market would crawl under offers of loli fetishists so there'd be less for you to find (as Isabella says when you encounter her: "old" as in above 25yo = so little valuable that she could end up in a meat grinder...

However the effect shouldn't be as pronounced as you're describing. There are 172 loli, 201 youngsters, 180 milfs.
Honestly, it’s more of a personal thing then a criticism. I know it makes perfect sense story wise. My problem comes from way too many hours playing the game and probably some bad RNG. That and I tend to add a ton of girls to every game like this I touch to the point of overkill and I won’t just be adding lolis.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Just wanna say I would LOVE for the slaves you train to have more personality and make them more interesting to train. The slaves tend to get same-y for me. Maybe something based on their backstory so the backstory is more than just fluff? Like a girl with a military/soldier background being more aggressive and naturally responding less to fear? Just an example, but would still love something like that in the future.
I think you will appreciate some of the changes in the upcoming release. The backstory does shape their stats to an extent, and their stats determine their baseline psychological profile. There is still a lot of "same-ness" if you have slaves with equivalent stats but there is more variety than before.

Goddess1337

Jun 15, 2019
I think you will appreciate some of the changes in the upcoming release. The backstory does shape their stats to an extent, and their stats determine their baseline psychological profile. There is still a lot of "same-ness" if you have slaves with equivalent stats but there is more variety than before.
That's awesome to hear! I love what you guys are doing with this game. Can't wait for the next release, and thanks for replying!

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes