Zakalki

Jul 7, 2017
Just downloaded 2.1 but there is no .exe file in it. Do I need to download a different version as well to have the game working?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just downloaded 2.1 but there is no .exe file in it. Do I need to download a different version as well to have the game working?
You only need one version.

This is what the .exe is supposed to look like:
2020-10-03 153734.png

Maybe you have an overzealous anti-malware that detected a false positive and deleted it without noticing you... but that'd surprise me honestly.

Zakalki

Jul 7, 2017
You only need one version.

This is what the .exe is supposed to look like:
View attachment 842907

Maybe you have an overzealous anti-malware that detected a false positive and deleted it without noticing you... but that'd surprise me honestly.
Thanks, turns out the program I used to extract the files just skipped like half the content that was in the download. Using WinRar solved the problem

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Trovald

Aug 19, 2018
Noticed discussion about game difficulty a few pages back. Since i honestly can't understand why people fail i decided to record a short video: custom start, 200 sparks, no skills or stats, no reputation with the houses, hardcore difficulty 9 days to first sale. As you can see from video the loanshark can still wait for 10-11 more days, so luck factor is minimal. Feel free to ask questions about my strategy, if there's a demand i can record more videos with different slaves.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Noticed discussion about game difficulty a few pages back. Since i honestly can't understand why people fail i decided to record a short video: custom start, 200 sparks, no skills or stats, no reputation with the houses, hardcore difficulty 9 days to first sale. As you can see from video the loanshark can still wait for 10-11 more days, so luck factor is minimal. Feel free to ask questions about my strategy, if there's a demand i can record more videos with different slaves.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The discussion was about 2.2 Pre-Release version though, not stable v2.1. 2165-full.png

Trovald

Aug 19, 2018
Oh well, give me an hour and i will make another recording with 2.2 version.
Edit: OH SHIT, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE GAME!? Alright, i must admit that i did not expect the game to change so much. And i quite like the difficulty spike, thank you very much for that! I might need a few days now to figure out how to start in my usual manner(sandbox, no points spent) and get to the point where it gets boring.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
On top of version 2.2, "patch" it with . It is the latest top-secret "nightly". Don't hesitate to give your opinion on how the game feels with that (y) And if you discover bugs also, tell us and we'll fix it :coffee:

Edit: the 2.2 pre-release version was updated a few minutes ago with last changes ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Daba

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Edit: OH SHIT, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE GAME!? Alright, i must admit that i did not expect the game to change so much. And i quite like the difficulty spike, thank you very much for that! I might need a few days now to figure out how to start in my usual manner(sandbox, no points spent) and get to the point where it gets boring.
I found a bug in that dev version when you use punishments below the level of guilt, which causes massive spoiling. As long as you are careful not to do that, you should be okay... :illuminati:

Goddess1337

Jun 15, 2019
Was that the Pre-Release n°3?

It has been fixed already (at least on the latest top-secret ). But thanks for the report :)
Yes, it was. I just downloaded the files and followed the instructions from the dev thread, didn't realize there was another link to download a more updated version. Ty for replying!

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yes, it was. I just downloaded the files and followed the instructions from the dev thread, didn't realize there was another link to download a more updated version. Ty for replying!
Beware, you'll need the corresponding otherwise you'll have some visual bugs

Goddess1337

Jun 15, 2019
Beware, you'll need the corresponding otherwise you'll have some visual bugs
Wait, which media base should I be downloading? The one linked in the dev thread, the link you just sent, or am I slow and they are the exact same? Sorry for all the questions.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Wait, which media base should I be downloading? The one linked in the dev thread, the link you just sent, or am I slow and they are the exact same? Sorry for all the questions.
They should be the same (given the update hour for Pre-Release n°4). But just to make sure so you can't go wrong, download the one I just sent you instead

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes