qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I'm almost done with the sex scenes in the upcoming image pack. There are 264 images left to replace, which is as much a last time, but I ran through the original pictures again and found about 400 new images that weren't censored but that were lackluster (for exemple 3D uncanny valley was present).

However, now there are about 1600 images compared to the 1000 of the original 1.7.5. It's weird because I only tried to replace existing pictures; maybe it comes from merging in the 1.7.3 images. Anyway, I'll need someone capable of telling me which of the pictures in the upcoming version doesn't appear in the game (the "JackEditor" software might help, but I'm not sure how). Eventually coding them in the game in order to see them in gameplay.

After that, I'll try to replace the regular scenes (cooking, dancing etc.) and remove the sex stuff in there (the descriptions don't mention sex whatsoever).

When I'm finished, I'll contact the anon that is working on the "Face/Full" folder and we'll see if we can mix both our work. In any case, I'll upload 1.7.6 version (1.7.8 featuring a game breaking change) with the new image pack inside and name it version 2.0. It will be an all-in-one version. That way, if I forgot some images, I can simply add them a "2.0.1" patch.

After the game development being dead for so long, I'm quite excited to bring you this big overhaul. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 227835

I'm almost done with the sex scenes in the upcoming image pack. There are 264 images left to replace, which is as much a last time, but I ran through the original pictures again and found about 400 new images that weren't censored but where 3D uncanny valley was present.

However, now there are about 1600 images compared to the 1000 of the original 1.7.5. It's weird because I've only tried to replace existing pictures; maybe it comes from merging in the 1.7.3 images. Anyway, I'll need someone capable of telling me which of the pictures in the upcoming version doesn't appear in the game (the "JackEditor" software might help, but I'm not sure how). Eventually coding them in the game in order to see them in gameplay.

After that, I'll try to replace the regular scenes (cooking, dancing etc.) and remove the sex stuff in there (the descriptions don't mention sex whatsoever).

When I'm finished, I'll contact the anon that is working on the "Face/Full" folder and we'll see if we can mix both our work. Anyway, I'll upload 1.7.6 version (1.7.8 featuring a game breaking change) with the new image pack inside and naming it version 2.0. It will be an all-in-one version. That way, if I forgot some images, I can simply a "2.0.1" patch.

After the game development being dead for so long, I'm quite excited to bring you this big overhaul. :)

Looking forward to the new version!

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Where can I find this "JackEditor" I'm having problem searching it on the net cause hongfire is down at the moment

Edit: found on page 16 :censored:

Last edited:

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
When I'm finished, I'll contact the anon that is working on the "Face/Full" folder and we'll see if we can mix both our work. In any case, I'll upload 1.7.6 version (1.7.8 featuring a game breaking change) with the new image pack inside and name it version 2.0. It will be an all-in-one version. That way, if I forgot some images, I can simply add them a "2.0.1" patch.

well guess i finished my project way sooner than i expected, btw im willing to help with the remaining pics you have on WIP if you're okay with it.

but for me now the next step is the json folder where both our projects will meet at, if you can give me some general information about how you're arranging your files in the sex/torture/scene folders, i can anticipate an early look on how the editing in my 2405 json files gonna look like, cause that's a big number and i wanna start chomping on it as soon as i can while i have the time cause i have other plans for the game, for example, a second UI overhaul bigger and way different than the one i did before and tackling the jack.qsp dead codes to try my luck at increasing the amount of slaves you have under your command at any given moment but my messing around resulted in the jack.qsp size increase from 7.9mb to double that amount so i don't know how that's gonna look with saving and reloading ingame but that's a topic for another time, for now i want to share my progess so far

-first and foremost the purpose of my overhaul is to add better looking-decent quality images and so with that in mind i changed the extension of the slaves full body and faces from gif to png (so expect a modified jack.qsp release).

-changed the faces from where every slave had 3 images of there faces to only 1 and adding a layered effects that the jack.qsp gonna manage to properly reflect the slave status (think of it as adding layers in photoshop but instead it's ingame).

-unified the height of slaves where each of the 3 categories has a limit to how tall or short they are so you wont have have an immature with a sprite as big as a mature one.

increased the total pool of slaves to the following "immature increased to 535" "young increased to 1000" "mature increased to 870", these numbers were chosen to reflect the lore and atmosphere of the game.

-replaced the old sprites that were low quality or were rendered poorly with new sprites with better quality.

-unified the border of the sprites where before you had slaves with parts of there head,hair or limp was missing or out of frame but now mostly every slave is standing right center and visible from the tip of the head to the thigh so no more "closeup or zoomed out or out of frame or missing anything" sprites.
and this concludes the finished progress so far.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks very much for the proposition. 237 pictures left in the "pic/sex" folder, I'll handle them at least (~ less than 3 weeks). Then, I'll make a list of all the pictures to replace in "girls/torture" and "girls/scene" and we'll share the labor. :)

I've already finished the "pic/scenes" folders and subfolders.

In the torture folder, I'll only replace bad pictures, it means the file structure will stay untouched (.gif files in 795x596).
It'd be too late to reverse them to png now (and too costly in size... I took care to export them with as little loss as possible anyway). By the way, how did you manage to make the game read them? I asked the question a few pages ago; I couldn't have the game read my pictures if I didn't put them in the right format.

The changes you've made so far sound exciting, it's quite great that both our timing coincide. ;)

Reactions: Powerairmax

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
i switched the codes in the jack.qsp that handle reading slaves full body and face pics to read png instead of gif if that's what you asking about, if you're asking about adding new images and the game not reading them, that has to do with the json files, you have to manually tell every file what pic it has to use or else it just wont but that can be simplified in a way though idk how you're doing things at your end so all i can do at moment is make the json files read general images which what i did as my original plan was to overhaul the sex/torture/scene folders after im done with face/full folders but you came to my rescue :D

for now i will organize things on my end and wait for your end to catch up. my offer still stands if want to take it at any time

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Since you asked two times... :D

Here's the folder with the pictures that are still to be replaced:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll take them from the first until "petting_general_milf8" and you do the second half, is that okay for you?

To replace pictures, I go on . I always search for "-censored" and "-animated". Then I enter the tag for the hair color ("black_hair"/"blond_hair"/"purple_hair" etc.). I never pick images with girls having elf ears (or I redraw the ear myself).
The correct image size is "795x596", usually I crop the portrait without removing too much of the composition (I don't crop the feet if I feel the artist put attention in them). I go for hentai styled drawing at first and try to pick the better looking image, with the most elegant girl (skinny, cute haircut, manicure and eye-shadow put them as first choice).
If the title of the original picture contains "general" then the hair must not be visible on the picture.

Here's a "template" for exhibit_blond_long:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I use paint.net (weirdly, the default .gif export made the images look better than on Photoshop with the highest quality setting). If the image is the right proportion, then I just "resize" (ctrl+r). If not:
1) I remove as most height as possible (while maintaining the spirit of the original composition) manually with a rectangle selection and a simple crop.
2) I resize the height to "596". After, I change the "size of the drawing area" (ctrl+maj+r) width to 795.
3) I pick the color selector (k), and choose 2 dominant color (preferably one at the top and another at the bottom) from the background (left click for the first color, right click for the second).
4) Select the two white spaces with the "magical selector" (S,S,S,S). It might be necessary to put the "Tolerance" to 0% instead of the default 50%.
5) Gradient (G) from the top to the bottom.

Some images have visible watermarks. If they are the best looking ones, I take them but remove the watermark by painting on top of it, pixel by pixel (this is why I've been on it for about two months :p ). If you can't find a correct picture, it can be good to change the hair color with the hue shift (as long as it looks natural; changing from pink to red or black to blue is easy); same thing for the eyes. When you're finished, please send them to me in an archive so I can review them for homogeneity sake. Enjoy :D

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
ouch, you're doing it the really hard way going on gelbooru, for me i was thinking of but you're doing animated aswell ? is every one you made animated ?

geogpig

Apr 19, 2019
Well it worked in Linux, quite easily. Didn't have to fiddle with Wine at all, it just loads. I've had some bad times trying to get non-mainstream programs to run in Wine, so I'm glad this one works. Thanks Evangelion-01.

esoom, I have to say I agree that the inconsistency of images is a bit annoying, but in exchange you get variety of slaves. Free Cities has some great SVG work going on, but they tend to get a bit repetitive. Here's hoping jjm152 can come up with a compromise in that regard. On that note, if the Nine Tails Revival were to go 3D, I'd be happy to make functional genital meshes for the characters. I was working on that a while ago before my last computer died. Would be fun to get back into it.
So yeah, keep me posted on that.
Well it worked in Linux, quite easily. Didn't have to fiddle with Wine at all, it just loads. I've had some bad times trying to get non-mainstream programs to run in Wine, so I'm glad this one works. Thanks Evangelion-01.

esoom, I have to say I agree that the inconsistency of images is a bit annoying, but in exchange you get variety of slaves. Free Cities has some great SVG work going on, but they tend to get a bit repetitive. Here's hoping jjm152 can come up with a compromise in that regard. On that note, if the Nine Tails Revival were to go 3D, I'd be happy to make functional genital meshes for the characters. I was working on that a while ago before my last computer died. Would be fun to get back into it.
So yeah, keep me posted on that.
Noob question here, but which version did you use and how specifically did you run it? I am trying to get it to work on linux aswell.

bargian

May 7, 2017
Do you guys know if barn is workin/is worth time and money spent on it?
I have 1.7.6 hf i think

Last edited:

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
Do you guys know if barn is workin/is worth time and money spent on it?
I have 1.7.6 hf i think
it works and it will bring you money if you spend time and money on it but it wont be a money machine if that's what you're thinking, it will bring you some money that can help you get by or not be stressed about a loan or bills but it can't be counted on by itself, the main factor is still selling slaves

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
ouch, you're doing it the really hard way going on gelbooru, for me i was thinking of but you're doing animated aswell ? is every one you made animated ?
"-animated". The minus sign shows you don't want animated pictures. I only have a few animated gifs. Animation are too often ugly loops, and they are not possible to work on (if I want to change the eye color, or remove the onomatopoeia).

As for e-hentai... I tried searching "red hair"/"red_hair" in the image set and Artist CG category and there are only 2 pages, the first one having a fat pink haired ugly Sakura :') While on Gelbooru I can enter the tag based on the original images titles and there are pages worth of content. It seems a lot more convenient.

bargian

May 7, 2017
it works and it will bring you money if you spend time and money on it but it wont be a money machine if that's what you're thinking, it will bring you some money that can help you get by or not be stressed about a loan or bills but it can't be counted on by itself, the main factor is still selling slaves
When i played this game... like year ago? I made barn for milk and eggs with some1 to watch over them, its still the same?
Im asking coz im early in the game right now and im not sure if that investment is good choice right now.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
When i played this game... like year ago? I made barn for milk and eggs with some1 to watch over them, its still the same?
Im asking coz im early in the game right now and im not sure if that investment is good choice right now.
I don't think there's been an update since last year. The game system hasn't really changed since 2017 really, if something worked back then, I'm sure it'd work on the more recent version.

Reactions: bargian

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
"-animated". The minus sign shows you don't want animated pictures. I only have a few animated gifs. Animation are too often ugly loops, and they are not possible to work on (if I want to change the eye color, or remove the onomatopoeia).

As for e-hentai... I tried searching "red hair"/"red_hair" in the image set and Artist CG category and there are only 2 pages, the first one having a fat pink haired ugly Sakura :') While on Gelbooru I can enter the tag based on the original images titles and there are pages worth of content. It seems a lot more convenient.
in that case i will get to work and you can review my progress though uncensored can prove challenging, i will give it a shot
it's not meant for early game, it's more like mid game thing

Feb 25, 2019
Are you guys familiar with Daisystrike's Otherworld and pochi's Kisekae 2? Together with paint.net, Photoshop, etc. you can use those two to generate the full body images of girls (the ones shown in the main screen) in case you are missing certain images such as the following:

1. naked images of certain anime or western cartoon character unavailable over the Internet
2. full body as opposed to half body
3. poses in certain positions
4. wearing certain clothing
5. variable boob sizes

Otherworld is an abandoned game similar to Slavemaker; you don't need the game just its image resources. Kisekae 2 is an actual girl generator. They are PNG-based so should work well if someone releases a Jack mod based on PNGs.

They won't replace what you find over the Internet but they should substitute while you are looking for your ideal images.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Otherworld is a game similar to Slavemaker; you don't need the game just its image resources.
Is is the wrong term here as the game was abondened years ago, as far as I can tell.
And daisy used a paperdoll system with equally sized bodies... one reason the game was abondened was the problem of fixing costumes to the bodies never actually worked.
I'd advice against such a paperdoll system as in Jack you have 3 different sized body archtypes with different boob sizes for each.... so even more variations that could make this look ridiculous

Feb 25, 2019
Hi Evangelion-01. I actually wanted to create a much longer post but I probably shortened it too much for brevity. If this created confusion instead my apologies.

Is is the wrong term here as the game was abondened years ago, as far as I can tell.
Edited Otherworld's description to mention that it has been abandoned by Daisystrike. My bad.

And daisy used a paperdoll system with equally sized bodies... one reason the game was abondened was the problem of fixing costumes to the bodies never actually worked.
Can you clarify what you mean by fixing costumes to bodies not working? Are you referring to the fact that the images randomly become severely distorted during gameplay? I abandoned the game for that reason. But I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to.

As I mentioned in the post you don't need the game itself just the resources. It's true that if you simply take the resources from Otherworld and combine them in paint.net etc. without moving and/or scaling the individual images you'll have a real mess. What I did was use the xml files showing the relative positions and scaling of the images in reference to each other to adjust the images in an image editor. Using this method I have successfully created image combinations that look crisp.

I'd advice against such a paperdoll system as in Jack you have 3 different sized body archtypes with different boob sizes for each.... so even more variations that could make this look ridiculous
True. If each girl has all these combinations the game will become ridiculously bloated especially should the game becomes PNG-based.

The resources from Otherworld and the other game aren't meant to replace images found over the Internet. Far from it. They are simply stopgap measures while the user hasn't yet found a satisfactory image. While it's true that Otherworld has a standard paperdoll solely for young adults, you can use the other game to create all sorts of bodies and much besides.

I also wouldn't want a Jack mod to replace the (mostly) beautiful bodies created by professional artists. Besides, unless you're willing to do some work, the bodies will soon look generic using my proposal.

My target audience would be the home modder who for one reason or another wants to replace images of certain bodies provided for in the game and hasn't yet found a satisfactory substitute. This may become redundant should qwertyu12359 and Powerairmax release their image mod. But at least Jack players still have an alternative to looking for the perfect image for their individual games.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Can you clarify what you mean by fixing costumes to bodies not working? Are you referring to the fact that the images randomly become severely distorted during gameplay? I abandoned the game for that reason. But I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to.
I remember costume parts ending up in the lower or upper corners of the screens after being placed in the responsive slots, or the chest piece riding up covering the face instead of the breasts or hanging around the waist not covering the chest again.
I also wouldn't want a Jack mod to replace the (mostly) beautiful bodies created by professional artists. Besides, unless you're willing to do some work, the bodies will soon look generic using my proposal.
Also the paperdolls were rather simple so I wouldn't even call them beautiful.
Totally agree that paperdolls can also start to look generic (as seen in Hentai Highschool+)

Personally spoken I also think there are far to little Item slots on a girl to justify a paperdoll system, most slots are jewelery, and to place such small details/items on a paperdoll would have to be frustrateing

bargian

May 7, 2017
Auctions are ... a bit strange? Wierd? Broken? Dunno how to call it.
I bought a slave from slave market auction for around 700, next day (for pure curiosity) i set her to sell at guild auction and ... i got 4725. Without dressing, without tatouse, without spa etc all i did was increasing her obedience from -11 to -5 or so. And my magical brand.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes