raingirth

Jul 5, 2018
Serpentine > Technosphere > Cryostatic Store

You should be able to store some of you slaves here. I tend to keep those that are good for racing and fighting + when I get someone really good (at least at first glance) from the fogs but currently training someone else.
So how about pregnancy system...can i impregnate my slaves ? or they just pregnant when i capture them at the Border ?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So how about pregnancy system...can i impregnate my slaves ? or they just pregnant when i capture them at the Border ?
You can get a girl pregnant but the child is deadborn without a magical ritual only the Vatican knows

So if your slave is pregnant for two long, there's an event where the slave is taken from you in order for the child to be born, and the child stays with the Vatican

Everyone has a problem with that including the developers and we hope to give the possibility of pregnancy content and expend the lore in that regard. But not for 2.2

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
You can get a girl pregnant but the child is deadborn without a magical ritual only the Vatican knows

So if your slave is pregnant for two long, there's an event where the slave is taken from you in order for the child to be born, and the child stays with the Vatican

Everyone has a problem with that including the developers and we hope to give the possibility of pregnancy content and expend the lore in that regard. But not for 2.2
Would not that basically change/retcon the lore? Assuming you would not steal this knowledge (somehow), and if that would not make Vatikan send someone after you then I don't know what would.

Unless you would make it post-patrician thing and explain only top dogs are allowed to possess "breeding slaves"

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Would not that basically change/retcon the lore? Assuming you would not steal this knowledge (somehow), and if that would not make Vatikan send someone after you then I don't know what would.

Unless you would make it post-patrician thing and explain only top dogs are allowed to possess "breeding slaves"
Exactly our plan. Someone would try to do it secretely, to try and find out how the vatican does it. For a post-patrician quest, this could mean war against the vatican.

The serpentine quarter president, given his lore, could try to help, at least financially.

Reactions: Jamsalad

raingirth

Jul 5, 2018

okay, at least thats my child lol

theAshura

Nov 26, 2019
Encountered start up issue. Cannot open jack.exe and jack-o-nine-tails.exe. Pop-up state that procedure entry point EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init cannot be located in *\game\engine\ssleay32.dll

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
okay, at least thats my child lol
What version did you download, and tell me exactly what process you did to install the game

You are not supposed to open jack.exe at all, nor enter the "engine" folder to begin with. You're supposed to start with: Jack-o-nine-tails.exe, if that doesn't work, probably there's something weird you did during the install (or your computer anti-virus did something weird in your place but that's unlikely)

theAshura

Nov 26, 2019
What version did you download, and tell me exactly what process you did to install the game

You are not supposed to open jack.exe at all, nor enter the "engine" folder to begin with. You're supposed to start with: Jack-o-nine-tails.exe, if that doesn't work, probably there's something weird you did during the install (or your computer anti-virus did something weird in your place but that's unlikely)
I downloaded the 2.1 version. There is no issue during download process. During the zip file extraction using WinRaR, messages appeared that Qt5Widgets, Qt5WebKit, Qt5Gui, libiconv-2,libglib-2.0-0, libeay32, icudt54 are corrupted but i kept the broken files anyway. I also turned off the antivirus and Window Defender during extraction. I am using x64 architecture

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I downloaded the 2.1 version. There is no issue during download process. During the zip file extraction using WinRaR, messages appeared that Qt5Widgets, Qt5WebKit, Qt5Gui, libiconv-2,libglib-2.0-0, libeay32, icudt54 are corrupted but i kept the broken files anyway. I also turned off the antivirus and Window Defender during extraction. I am using x64 architecture
That's probably where it went wrong, you're the only one on which it happened.

So try to unzip again without the message of corruption... if there is one still, re-download the game (on a different download link)

EzVio

May 2, 2020
im currently playing version 2.2 and unable to teach any slaves obedience (before breaking them) even after 2 weeks or more training them. I played the old translated russian version years back and remembering that shaming a few time will do the trick just fine, but the same trick doesn't seem to work with this version and they keep breaking every rule i force them. any tips?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
General announcement

If you are a potential developer able to work on JONT, please say it, and I'll contact you back privately. The game needs a couple of big fixes (those present in the roadmap) in order to be released (I hope) stable.

im currently playing version 2.2 and unable to teach any slaves obedience (before breaking them) even after 2 weeks or more training them. I played the old translated russian version years back and remembering that shaming a few time will do the trick just fine, but the same trick doesn't seem to work with this version and they keep breaking every rule i force them. any tips?
Vary your approach. Spamming the same punishment won't work. Take your time, the idea of accepting being a slave gets installed every day, slowly, until it becomes an evidence. And of course, try to get obeyed and reward your slave when you are able to; exclusively fear based obedience can work but it can be too tricky to pull off.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Maybe you should post the announcement on the first post. Also, I could probably fix a coding typo if I knew where is was, but not much else.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe you should post the announcement on the first post. Also, I could probably fix a coding typo if I knew where is was, but not much else.
Thank you for the advice and the proposal.

Fixing a coding typo, I can do too. It's more about trying to seek "why is the problem appearing" and then fixing it, and I'm clueless about the last one that appeared (4 guilt appearing instead of merit).

goyadark

Sep 14, 2018
I know that is a stupid question, first time on the game, little lost, any begginer guide or anything like that?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I know that is a stupid question, first time on the game, little lost, any begginer guide or anything like that?
For exemple, there's a tutorial. And we've updated it with the most up to date informations.

The second ressource is the wiki (easily findable on Google), with a lot of informations, and also guides. :)

Reactions: goyadark

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
For exemple, there's a tutorial. And we've updated it with the most up to date informations.

The second ressource is the wiki (easily findable on Google), with a lot of informations, and also guides. :)
DM me and please link me to a github repository along with any compilation instructions. I can assist.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes