nyx3x

Apr 7, 2021
Initially, the pride and temperament were only going down if the girl was in the barn with a cow rank below B+. I don't know if something has been altered in the code, but a S+ cow should never go broken : what you describe ("if you put in the time and effort a slave thats happy to be a cow should be the reward") was precisely the mecanism which was wanted when conceiving the original mod.
B+ and A+ cows are loosing nature and temperament in the barn, S+ don't though, which is fine imo
And if impregnation is done via the 30 or 60 spark option there is no stat loss but if the slaver is doing it, the cow is loosing 1 nature and temperament (down until broken) which is then unintenional i suppose
and I realized that endurance loss settles at weakend which isn't as bad as I first thought. Though, it would be nice to have an easier way to maintain max endurance for maximizing milk production. Maybe even just a barn option for workout, just so that I don't have to shuffel my slaves forth and back every few days in order to have my cow do acrobatics^^

Anyways, the barn is fun and I'm looking forward to other side buisnesses. I like the possibility to keep some slaves I grew fond of, not having to sell them (a personal harem would be nice too)
With respect to that, I also wouldn't mind some kind of bonus for no neoplasty (or remove the neoplasty option) so that certain slaves (e.g. nice image + exquisite beauty) are kind of a rare catch which I'd want to keep for myself and which I'd want to train even if other stats suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianocat

Pianocat

Oct 14, 2018
B+ and A+ cows are loosing nature and temperament in the barn, S+ don't though, which is fine imo
Yeah, that the way it was supposed to work sorry: the loss is just lower starting from B+, and there is no loss only at S+ :) Girls with cow skill below B+ suffers maximum nature/temperament loss

the cow is loosing 1 nature and temperament (down until broken) which is then unintenional i suppose
Indeed, it's something which could be deleted in the future, since ImperatorAugustusTertius already linked the action with "rape_fear" variable.

Though, it would be nice to have an easier way to maintain max endurance for maximizing milk production.
Perhaps it has been changed in the new update, but endurance is NOT a criteria for milk production. It's true that you're not supposed to know it: it's told to you when you sell a cow. A high endurance level will only provide a small boost when selling her.

Victor376678

Jul 12, 2018
I always thought it was kinda weird that your assistant addresses you by title in basically every scenario but in the lvl5 arousal scene she all of a sudden calls you by name, seems like it's still like that with 2.2. Dunno if there's any way to change this.

master222

Sep 14, 2020
Great game, lewd aside I really like the actual gameplay aspects. I haven't delved much into the guides and all, but I think I have some fundamental grasp of how the things work. I do have however, like 10 "failed" runs so far, but I find myself learning more and more as I progress and learning the ins and outs of the game has been a blast so far.
I just wanted to check out some things however. For reference, I've been trying out a normal difficulty custom character with the following stats:
35345.PNG

So what would you advise as the most sensible course of action? Here's what I normally start out with:
1. Get a slave at the market that's usually beautiful, with a high intelligence but take care that I don't cash out more than 200 for her. (I start out with 1500 for reference, in the slums.)
2. Get her a full beauty treatment at the saloon, including my slaver. Get fashionable attire for slaver, a stunner and a bastard sword. For slave, I get a sundress, headband, maid outfit, slippers, lace and rubber gloves and I swap them out depending on what I need the slave for during the training. Naturally, I also brand the slave afterwards and do a health checkup.
3. I start out with explaining the situation and encouraging her, usually works to get her mood high enough to allow for tutoring. If she's disobedient, I either spank or just let her sleep on the floor for with reduced rations for like 2-3 days if her health doesn't suffer much because of it.
4. By this point, I also usually build up obedience to a high enough level to do some active sex here and there to relieve lust of my slaver and get some disposition boost from the slave herself.
5. Naturally, along the way, I strive to tutor her in elocution and secretary, have her clean around to build up habit (?) and obedience, do some gymnastics when endurance and calories allow to maintain her health. I aim as quickly as possible to build her up into a D+ assistant so I can peddle her on and rent a better apartment.

And this is basically where I'm at this point. My last run reached up to this point but my money kept going down the sink, I got a highly prideful and stubborn mature slave that I only barely managed to break by using the cells instead of beatings and such, but I feel it's bound to turn into another subpar start.
I'd be most appreciative on any advices you might have for me to improve upon my start, since I'm highly aware that I'm likely missing out on many things, albeit in part on purpose because exploration of the mechanics and possibilities is also quite entertaining for me.

• Hey there
Reactions: qwertyu12359

nyx3x

Apr 7, 2021
You need to get obedience up quickly (via fear, awareness, taming and habbit) und then speed up straining (via high mood and skill gear)
So you might want to check on the wiki what influences those factors. Here is what I usually do:

0. get out of the slums immediately (need to select a faction for custom start). go to the city outskirts, meet isabella and get her as assistant. use her to train the slave in areas you can't anymore, to take care of the house, for grocery shopping, to supervise the slave, for massages(+1energy), and to keep mood up and desires satiated
get drugs (pollen and kamra) and alcohol. use pollen every ~3days on slave (needs obedience) and yourself for an extra day (but keep an eye on endurance)

1. try to get slaves for ~100 sparks. plain or cute for D+ or C+ slaves suffices, high endurance (more actions per day, probably the most important stat, should be B or better), high intelligence (faster learning of skills) and low temperament, nature and pride (quicker to get obedient).

2. get a whip (doesn't harm the slave) and slaver equipment for skills where you have F-. get a light sundress and soft slippers to buff slave mood, skillgear to hasten her learning of certain skills and BDSM gear to raise obedience quickly (steel collar, nipple chains, crown of thorns, leather shackles for arms and feet). you might want to check on the wiki for more details on items

3. start out with explain situation encourage and threaten while having high allure (be in a good mood, cleaned and wear fashionable attire). Tick two rules (deny orgasm and masturbation initially, as they are followed willingly) and let her sleep on the floor. make her wear all the bdsm stuff and get her guilty and give appropriate punishments. after 2-5 days she should be at 0 or slightly positive obedience. philtre potion gives +1 devotion (which is +4 obedience) once. but it needs alchemy skill S+ on your assistant

4. switch negative mood gear (bdsm stuff except the nipple chains) with positive ones (sundresss and slippers) and skillgear (if you have it). get mood further up (encourage, small rewards (stroll on the roof, flower bouquet but avoid spoiling her)) and keep your own mood up too. train the skills for which you want to sell her (ideally to the residence guys in the different town areas, so check what they want). Only aim for gladiatrix if the slaves nature and temperament are already B+. Don't use the tutor option, but train her yourself or let the assistant do it.

5. after 10 days the slave should be at D+ or even C+. Get her charm level to the rank level you want to sell her for (e.g pink charm for D, purple for C etc.)
sell for profit (should make ~ 1000 sparks in 10 days or in 20 days at worst)
as you increase your skills with time to S+ (gear can boost them) you can aim for B+ and higher slaves

master222

Sep 14, 2020
Thanks for the valuable tips. I've noticed from the wiki and guides that the most common approach is to start out as a member of a faction and obtain Isabella as soon as possible, but it seemed a bit too "gamey" for me and I prefer to start from the ground up, meaning the slums.
What I still don't thoroughly understand is how exactly is devotion obtained? I usually discern one point when I use auspex but I've never seen a value past that. Does the slave have to be of a higher ranking for devotion to grow in proportion or is it tied to something else?

Kasnii

Jul 15, 2020
obtain Isabella as soon as possible, but it seemed a bit too "gamey" for me and I prefer to start from the ground up, meaning the slums.
I don't like using Isabella too for that exact reason! If you start with weaker stats, it might be beneficial to move out of the slums early on, to have easy access to kitchen and bath which is important for mood / strength as low quality food can reduce your strength, and travelling to trade square to wash your slave can also drain energy.

Also, if I'm not wrong, devotion is gained once they are obedient and have low fear & despair. Then you can do activities like spending time together, or letting her sleep on your bed to increase it.

Victor376678

Jul 12, 2018
For some reason, after I started playing v2.2, certain scenes seem to have no images. Sometimes there's the small blue question mark which I assume means it couldn't locate the image but sometimes it's just the room background.

I'm started fresh so I assume it might be how I installed the mods? I installed the image expansion pack first then the L. Patch, I've also tried running the loadpictures.py to no noticeable effect. The only way I've managed to fix an instance of this is to find a pic (e.g. pet 1 general or something), make a copy, and change the number to 2, though this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time and I don't think I could manually fix every instance like this. I feel like I'm missing something really basic, anyone know?

nyx3x

Apr 7, 2021
but it seemed a bit too "gamey" for me and I prefer to start from the ground up, meaning the slums.
then priority should be to get out of the slums (sell a D+ slave in the serpentine residence and move there) and train an assistant (needs 3 devotion). If money is tight you can borrow-> pay back immediately -> borrow more at the moneylender

concerning devotion: check wiki -> slaves -> devotion; But in general:
Increased by the amount of Awareness/Taming/Habit that's lowest while mood > 0, despair = 0, spoil = 0, and pride < 5.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
For some reason, after I started playing v2.2, certain scenes seem to have no images. Sometimes there's the small blue question mark which I assume means it couldn't locate the image but sometimes it's just the room background.

I'm started fresh so I assume it might be how I installed the mods? I installed the image expansion pack first then the L. Patch, I've also tried running the loadpictures.py to no noticeable effect. The only way I've managed to fix an instance of this is to find a pic (e.g. pet 1 general or something), make a copy, and change the number to 2, though this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time and I don't think I could manually fix every instance like this. I feel like I'm missing something really basic, anyone know?
Blue squares with a "?" means the image couldn't be loaded. Either because there's a path loaded but the picture isn't there, or because the path is written like shit and so the image cannot be fetched even if it's there.

First of all, the expansion pack is not official, it is fan made, I cannot guarantee that it's bugless. If you want the most stable experience, you do a fresh install (the L. Patch is not a mod, so you can still have it without problem)

Now, there have been a few img path bugs I noticed in stable 2.2, for exemple when doing a striptease. Most of them are fixed in the 2.2.1 dev' version, that you can find on the bottom of the OP.

So my advice for you is to download either a fresh 2.2 or a dev' 2.2.1 (take the L. Patch specific for your version then, as you need it if you want your save game to be compatible). Then, if ever you have a missing path "?" symbol, you can click on "view HTML" and copy paste that here (within a 'spoiler'), we'll fix it for the next dev' version update. (y)

Reactions: Victor376678

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Great game, lewd aside I really like the actual gameplay aspects. I haven't delved much into the guides and all, but I think I have some fundamental grasp of how the things work. I do have however, like 10 "failed" runs so far, but I find myself learning more and more as I progress and learning the ins and outs of the game has been a blast so far.
I just wanted to check out some things however. For reference, I've been trying out a normal difficulty custom character with the following stats:
View attachment 1169717

So what would you advise as the most sensible course of action? Here's what I normally start out with:
1. Get a slave at the market that's usually beautiful, with a high intelligence but take care that I don't cash out more than 200 for her. (I start out with 1500 for reference, in the slums.)
2. Get her a full beauty treatment at the saloon, including my slaver. Get fashionable attire for slaver, a stunner and a bastard sword. For slave, I get a sundress, headband, maid outfit, slippers, lace and rubber gloves and I swap them out depending on what I need the slave for during the training. Naturally, I also brand the slave afterwards and do a health checkup.
3. I start out with explaining the situation and encouraging her, usually works to get her mood high enough to allow for tutoring. If she's disobedient, I either spank or just let her sleep on the floor for with reduced rations for like 2-3 days if her health doesn't suffer much because of it.
4. By this point, I also usually build up obedience to a high enough level to do some active sex here and there to relieve lust of my slaver and get some disposition boost from the slave herself.
5. Naturally, along the way, I strive to tutor her in elocution and secretary, have her clean around to build up habit (?) and obedience, do some gymnastics when endurance and calories allow to maintain her health. I aim as quickly as possible to build her up into a D+ assistant so I can peddle her on and rent a better apartment.

And this is basically where I'm at this point. My last run reached up to this point but my money kept going down the sink, I got a highly prideful and stubborn mature slave that I only barely managed to break by using the cells instead of beatings and such, but I feel it's bound to turn into another subpar start.
I'd be most appreciative on any advices you might have for me to improve upon my start, since I'm highly aware that I'm likely missing out on many things, albeit in part on purpose because exploration of the mechanics and possibilities is also quite entertaining for me.
The tutorial lectures have a lot of helpful information. So do the pop-up hints and hover tooltips. Click "Controls" on the main menu if you haven't already.

These posts that may be helpful too:

https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-4604613
https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-4615717

Playing on normal difficulty, you have a lot of flexibility. Your biggest challenge is to manage your sparks.

Kornilov

Aug 23, 2020
Is there no way to play this on android?
I am trying with the QSP android emulator, last version 2.3.1 ( ), but having no luck.
Perhaps one of the current devs can look into if it's possible at all? The emulator has been getting updates until fairly recently (and it works for other QSP games) so a solution isn't that farfetched

Noreason92

Dec 2, 2018
Hello, so I've gone through the discussion pages and have tried the suggestions on page 227 and I'm still having the "msvcp120.dll not found" problem. Can someone walk me through the fix like a noob/idiot? Or link whatever the fix is. I would appreciate it. If you need details about my sh*t laptop, lemme know.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I am trying with the QSP android emulator, last version 2.3.1 ( ), but having no luck.
Perhaps one of the current devs can look into if it's possible at all? The emulator has been getting updates until fairly recently (and it works for other QSP games) so a solution isn't that farfetched
I'm not an expert in that subject, but from what I've heard countless of times, JONT has been developped with either an old (or even modded) version of QSP which poses various problems in general.

We've often been told that a "full rewrite on a more recent or another platform is necessary". And I've been told that it's more complicated than just copy pasting Jack's QSP.

So, for now it seems like a dead-end. But we have often met breakthroughs thanks to new users coming up with amazing ideas, so let's hope :)

Hello, so I've gone through the discussion pages and have tried the suggestions on page 227 and I'm still having the "msvcp120.dll not found" problem. Can someone walk me through the fix like a noob/idiot? Or link whatever the fix is. I would appreciate it. If you need details about my sh*t laptop, lemme know.
Try to follow the instructions in the OP, there's a spoiler that says "Installation", it gives several 4 things to download (y)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The recent versions of JONT depend on hardcoded extensions in the QSP player that have been made by JONT devs over time. Therefore it will not work correctly in any other QSP player.

noctred

Nov 25, 2017

If you can tell me which specific scenarios or girl actions present with invalid image paths (or missing images), I can take a look at my image pack and see if I screwed something up. I did several consistency passes on all of my files as well as some in-game testing before releasing it but I certainly didn't run through every possible in-game scenario.

Thanks.

Victor376678

Jul 12, 2018
If you can tell me which specific scenarios or girl actions present with invalid image paths (or missing images), I can take a look at my image pack and see if I screwed something up. I did several consistency passes on all of my files as well as some in-game testing before releasing it but I certainly didn't run through every possible in-game scenario.

Thanks.
I mean I can't say for sure it's a problem with the image pack since you did specify it's for the non-L.patched version and I installed the patch but it happens with mature-pink-shorthair-pettraining and young-brown-longhair-pettraining. I think there was 1 more I encountered but I haven't really been taking notes.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes