Arrkhon

Mar 6, 2020
Making living in the slums easier would run counter to the design goal of encouraging progression. If anything, the slums shack should get eaten by the fogs and become unavailable if you stay there too long.
Yeah, it would somewhat decrease urgency of moving
But not being able to these thing runs counter to common sense, even if things had small chance of disappearing at end of each decade it would still make more sense for them to be possible and also make it easier for players that aren't good enough to maintain living in now expensive even outside of upfront cost city
Just because there's a way you want players to advance doesn't mean you have to force the progression on them, some people may find upgrading some shitty shack into somewhat livable shitty shack more appealing than moving into the city for example, do you find them preferring that approach to mid game something that's a bad thing?

By the way someone please optimize the music tracks, most of them weight over 40MB for no good reason

Last edited:
Reactions: krustus

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, it would somewhat decrease urgency of moving
But not being able to these thing runs counter to common sense, even if things had small chance of disappearing at end of each decade it would still make more sense for them to be possible and also make it easier for players that aren't good enough to maintain living in now expensive even outside of upfront cost city
Players who are not able to manage the costs of living in a normal game can play an easy custom game or use the in-game option in a normal game to switch to easy obedience difficulty, which makes the rebellious phase end almost before it begins and therefore makes it easy to quickly produce marketable slaves.

Just because there's a way you want players to advance doesn't mean you have to force the progression on them, some people may find upgrading some shitty shack into somewhat livable shitty shack more appealing than moving into the city for example, do you find them preferring that approach to mid game something that's a bad thing?
If you could make the shack less of a hovel, some gang in the slums would probably take it away from you.

By the way someone please optimize the music tracks, most of them weight over 40MB for no good reason
Lossless audio compression is not my forte. Pun intended.

Last edited:

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Is there a way to control my assistant's diet? Isabella is always gaining weight and losing endurance. Changing her diet after making her a slave doesn't change anything. Using the latest dev build.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is there a way to control my assistant's diet? Isabella is always gaining weight and losing endurance. Changing her diet after making her a slave doesn't change anything. Using the latest dev build.
The diet portion for assistant is fixed, but I can adjust it if needed. She's probably losing endurance because you've given her drugs too often.

Gaining weight can be mitigated by having her spend some calories each day. For example, have her entertain you with acrobatics, have sex with her, have her train your slave, etc. Are you mostly ignoring your assistant?

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
The diet portion for assistant is fixed, but I can adjust it if needed. She's probably losing endurance because you've given her drugs too often.

Gaining weight can be mitigated by having her spend some calories each day. For example, have her entertain you with acrobatics, have sex with her, have her train your slave, etc. Are you mostly ignoring your assistant?
She's supposed to cook, have sex with me, milk the fiend, clean when I'm not training the slave to do it, supervise the slave, be my alchemist, and be my accountant. I don't usually have her help with lessons. The endurance thing is weird because she's not pregnant and I've never given her drugs.

Jun 28, 2020
She's supposed to cook, have sex with me, milk the fiend, clean when I'm not training the slave to do it, supervise the slave, be my alchemist, and be my accountant. I don't usually have her help with lessons. The endurance thing is weird because she's not pregnant and I've never given her drugs.
If I'm not mistaken, slaves lose endurance every time they get negative calories and/or energy at the end of the day, maybe you're overworking her, also, it's very unlikely but there is also the chance of her being wounded or ill without you noticing it

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
If I'm not mistaken, slaves lose endurance every time they get negative calories and/or energy at the end of the day, maybe you're overworking her, also, it's very unlikely but there is also the chance of her being wounded or ill without you noticing it

Do the passive things count towards everyday work? She doesn't seem to have negative calories. Would she be losing weight if she had negative calories?

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes