RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I was looking in the files and noticed that there is a separate picture for item_laced_dress. It appears to be the same resolution as the other images in the game. Maybe this should be used as the "gown" image? Right now the lace gloves and gown are the same item_laced_gloves image.

Vozhar

May 15, 2021
The hardcore custom start is really brutal at the start (zero points invested). Managed to make it out of the slums into the Serpentine quarter. The hard challenge and having to read through the wiki / trying things out is a lot of fun. Though I was forced to soft reset pretty hard for easy to train slaves in order to get started without too much issue. I'm hoping with time I can start to focus on removing my reliance on the school in particular as that really cuts into my profits quite harshly overall. Certainly not the kind of game where charging ahead mindlessly will work, and thinking ahead carefully is rewarded. I like that a lot.

Now, I'm not sure If I'm going to go for maximum difficulty and refuse Isabella as well. (might as well since I'm already past the hardest hurdle at this point anyway). But so far I've done well without a single assistant entirely, and should be fun to try to train one up on the time crunch of cash flow.

Jun 28, 2020
The hardcore custom start is really brutal at the start (zero points invested). Managed to make it out of the slums into the Serpentine quarter. The hard challenge and having to read through the wiki / trying things out is a lot of fun. Though I was forced to soft reset pretty hard for easy to train slaves in order to get started without too much issue. I'm hoping with time I can start to focus on removing my reliance on the school in particular as that really cuts into my profits quite harshly overall. Certainly not the kind of game where charging ahead mindlessly will work, and thinking ahead carefully is rewarded. I like that a lot.

Now, I'm not sure If I'm going to go for maximum difficulty and refuse Isabella as well. (might as well since I'm already past the hardest hurdle at this point anyway). But so far I've done well without a single assistant entirely, and should be fun to try to train one up on the time crunch of cash flow.
You... also set sparks to 200 and strength to "frail" right?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
otherwise it would be too easy, and yes accepting Isabella is tutorial tier difficulty, nothing like training your first assistant on your own

NoNameHent

Apr 30, 2017
I took the old source for JONT and compiled the player for Linux and managed to fix a number of bugs. These bug-fixes were ported to the Windows build and features from the Windows build have been ported to the Linux version. The resulting build:

Due to backend not freeing file-handles, you may eventually encounter an rlimit situation. Just restart the game and resume. Requires *massive* rewrite to fix.
For newcomers to *nix using *barf*:
Bash:
sudo apt install libqt5webkit5 libqt5multimediawidgets5 libqt5widgets5 libqt5multimedia5 libqt5gui5 libqt5network5 libqt5core5a
If you run a non-Gnome aka non-shit distro (yes, fuck Gnome 3 and if you think a random dude from the Interwebz has no clue, then you attempt to reverse Torvald and Stallman, even they hate it) such as Manjaro/EndeavourOS, you already know how to install libs (verify package names) and how not to use a .

Console/shell/terminal if you're on Ubuntu *barf* or an Ubuntu*barf*-like distro because Gnome *infinite barf* can't comprehend running some software outside of a console/shell/terminal:
Bash:
./Jack-o-nine-tails
By the way, so long as the FastQsp engine isn't changed, this should work on more than just v2.2.
I use EndevourOS its got the "error while loading shared libraries: libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5", i tried to seach the anwer/package for it, but i cant find them.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I use EndevourOS its got the "error while loading shared libraries: libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5", i tried to seach the anwer/package for it, but i cant find them.
Maybe search in the AUR. EndeavourOS*. Package names: libqtwebkit5, qtwebkit5, qt5-webkit (Arch User Repo?), or libqt5webkit5 (*buntu variants). Various names, it is one of the things that sucks fucking ass about Linux, the ABI. Windows got that right with binary compatibility. Linux insists on being fucking moronic about it. You may need to double-check the library name after install, such as it might be named “libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.???”. Create a symlink in the game's binary directory to the library and use the name it seeks, “libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5”. Long shot, if a different version of Qt.

Nov 5, 2017
does anyone know how to change the spoiling that massages give?

I tried editing out this line in \game\locations:

line 5279 slave_rate['spoil'] += (master_str + master_petting + master_style)/2

but it doesn't work

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Tempted to get back into this stuff. Thumbing though the thread it looks like you guys are going to use AI art to fill in some gaps? very cool. Looks like someone else has been updating the wiki. so that's good. Glad to see things continuing. :)

Reactions: qwertyu12359

aren117

Mar 17, 2019
Here is a link to the pics I have worked on. I will be adding new ones as I get them done. If there are any that you want to be done let me know (Also wow I did not know just how bad some of these pics really where. Poison is really bad. She is going to take a bit.)

Last edited:

NoNameHent

Apr 30, 2017
Maybe search in the AUR. EndeavourOS*. Package names: libqtwebkit5, qtwebkit5, qt5-webkit (Arch User Repo?), or libqt5webkit5 (*buntu variants). Various names, it is one of the things that sucks fucking ass about Linux, the ABI. Windows got that right with binary compatibility. Linux insists on being fucking moronic about it. You may need to double-check the library name after install, such as it might be named “libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.???”. Create a symlink in the game's binary directory to the library and use the name it seeks, “libQt5WebKitWidgets.so.5”. Long shot, if a different version of Qt.
installing qt5-webkit did the trick for me. Thank you.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
installing qt5-webkit did the trick for me. Thank you.
If the library symbol ever changes, it may break it (Arch being bleeding edge, wonderful, but double-edged). It might be helpful to find out what libraries it needs and keeping a local copy in the actual game folder. The Linux version of JONT can be run from a terminal to see a lot of path-debug info from my 'filesystem-to-lower-case' brute-force functionality, a change that was added just to eliminate the need for ciopfs (don't worry, the function uses cached paths, filled each run). That being said, it should only ever need a recompile when something new is added, so it should be relatively stable *unless* the library symbols change drastically, just letting you know what needs an eye out for.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes