qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is the download in the OP the same as the "Base" version in the Mods & More thread? (or the loli version / patched version)
What are the main additions in the modded version? I didn't really see anything except an outfit system. Apparently most of the mods are in the base version now? Has the dialog been improved since years past?
The most uptodate branch is master-ia (note: stands for ImperatorAugustus, not artificial intelligence).

Dialog has not been improved, yet. Only a couple of lines from Isabella were retranslated.

About what is already in this branch, 90% of the tasks with a :KappaPride: in the roadmap.

I skimmed through the images folder, and it looks like we're still using the same old "borrowed" artwork of questionable quality that I remember from years ago. I did see some mention of using AI art. Is that something that's being worked on and not yet implemented?
If years ago means before 2019, the art changed drastically since, and the improvement sizeable (mix of v1.7.3 and v1.7.5 as a basis, all uncensored, replaced some pictures lossless sources, added a couple thousand pictures).

If years ago means before 2021, then another thousand+ pictures were added.

And lately, in dev' version, there's been rearrangement of the torture folder.

About "questionable" quality, I find the judgement harsh, untrue. A lot of care went into selecting the best available uncensored images at the time when picking them, for every act, every age, hair color and hair length.

Artificial Intelligence generated pictures are the next obvious improvement for a game with such a system (too many slaves need too many pictures for them to be of consistent quality).

Now, consistent quality might mean consistent artstyle for some, for others that means stripping the soul away from the game. It has had multiple artstyles from the very design back in 2014 (with a multiverse setting, it makes sense artistically). That's something to have in mind. Me I'm okay with IA art, but I want to find artistry out of it, it has to have some "balls" (metaphorically), as opposed to "dull", "bland" and "manufactured" looking.

About the "borrowing" part, I never understood the moral judgement, lol. It's an amoral game on a piracy website. What are people doing here shilling for copyrights and intellectual property? :illuminati: Moreover, artists won't get better paid by picking IA art instead of theirs.

Anyway, we've been starting with the 3 tutorial slaves. Their IA counterparts which are able to change weight and clothes are gonna be fully implemented soon(ish?) in the dev' version. :)

I've been pretty involved with AI art myself over the last year or so, and can see how this game would be just a perfect place to use it. It is very easy to write a single prompt including multiple variables (hair color, length, age etc) and have it spit out an iamge for each variation. The hard part is filtering the images to pick the best ones..
That's awesome. I refer you to bews, he's making a mod to replace all the slaves (currently their fullbody images). I think he's 1/2 done. Would be great if you are able to join forces together (y)

Last edited:

Biggus Dingus

Mar 26, 2023
So I found my old installer for the last version I played, and it looks like it was version 1.6, 2015. So I imagine quite a bit has changed! I see there are thousands more pictures in the folders when compared at least.

The most uptodate branch is master-ia (note: stands for ImperatorAugustus, not artificial intelligence).
So this is a different version to the one in the download section in OP? I didn't see any links to different versions.

Regarding the artwork, I'll admit browsing through the "normal scenes" folders for examples, there were many more that were acceptable and it didn't feel fair to cherry-pick the few bad ones. I do still feel like the sex scenes vary in quality and consistency quite a bit. But I'm not blaming anyone, I know how hard it would be to find good pictures of every possible combination while not including recognisable characters (I assume this is the case? I did actually spot one character I know when browsing images)

About the "borrowing" part, I never understood the moral judgement, lol. It's an amoral game on a piracy website. What are people doing here shilling for copyrights and intellectual property? :illuminati: Moreover, artists won't get better paid by picking IA art instead of theirs.
I wasn't really serious about calling it "borrowed". I've got no problem with using pictures found on the internet for a fan-made, non-commercial game. I'm certainly not expecting someone to draw thousands of pictures themselves.

On the topic of AI and new pictures - has there ever been any talk about having different pictures depending on the mood/status of the girl? To take an example, this picture: clean_black_short_young_2.png does not really give me the feeling of "slave girl forced into cleaning your medieval slum sex dungeon against her will"
With AI, you now have the possibility of making variations of the same scene or same character, for example "clean_black_short_young_happy", "clean_black_short_young_sad". To go even further, you could have variations to match your home - poor, luxurious etc.

To take it a step further again, what are your thoughts on having the ultimate picture consistancy, and instead of using whatever pictures you can find to match a simple description (long black hair), every girl is now a unique character where you can match her exact hairstyle and body type in every scene more closely. So now you have something like clean_1001_sad_poor, bj_1001_happy_basic where 1001 is a girl that is always young with long black hair in a ponytail, wearing glasses. All possible with AI! Admitedly I might be getting a bit carried away here with the house variation as you probably won't even see the surroundings in most of the scenes..

Of course this is all just words and ideas at the moment, and I realise even with the power of AI this is still a huge undertaking.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So I found my old installer for the last version I played, and it looks like it was version 1.6, 2015. So I imagine quite a bit has changed! I see there are thousands more pictures in the folders when compared at least.
Oh yes, a lot of things have changed since v1.6. I invite you to take a look at the changelogs or simply have a playthrough :)

My favorite changes are
1) The uncensoring (+ the new pictures allowing to avoid seeing the same generic picture over and over for all slaves)
2) The overhauled soundtrack
3) The obedience threshold for each action being now dependent on your slave's personality (it used to be fixed so you'd always start with Endurance training which was easiest and then reward your away towards devotion. Now some temperamental slaves might be more opened to learn how to fight, some would rather do the cleaning, others would think this is beneath them, etc.).

So this is a different version to the one in the download section in OP? I didn't see any links to different versions.
The install process for the dev' version is kind of convoluted but doable. Go to the game's wiki from the op, and follow the instructions on how to install dev' version IA branch.

Regarding the artwork, I'll admit browsing through the "normal scenes" folders for examples, there were many more that were acceptable and it didn't feel fair to cherry-pick the few bad ones. I do still feel like the sex scenes vary in quality and consistency quite a bit. But I'm not blaming anyone, I know how hard it would be to find good pictures of every possible combination while not including recognisable characters (I assume this is the case? I did actually spot one character I know when browsing images)
Thanks for the good faith. I appreciate it.

About known characters, I did my best to avoid characters from Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokémon, Bleach, Final Fantasy VII, etc. Because these are really known by everyone, internationally, so it's an obvious immersion barrier.

You'll still see a few Tifa and Bulma here and there, when the art was too good, when the hair color+length+age combination was too scarce, or when implementing an image pack by another modder and I would have been too much of a hardass if deleting those.

I wasn't really serious about calling it "borrowed". I've got no problem with using pictures found on the internet for a fan-made, non-commercial game. I'm certainly not expecting someone to draw thousands of pictures themselves.
We are on the same page (y)

On the topic of AI and new pictures - has there ever been any talk about having different pictures depending on the mood/status of the girl? To take an example, this picture: View attachment 3278903 does not really give me the feeling of "slave girl forced into cleaning your medieval slum sex dungeon against her will"
This is an actual exemple of a bad image. Strong positive emotion, recognizable technology (vacuum), gif artifacts (though tbf it looks worse on F95's magnified preview than in-game).

I did discard a lot of pictures for this reason, and manually edited the lips on some picture to avoid that... Visibly some (maybe a lot) passed through.

So yes, there's definitely room for improvement.

With AI, you now have the possibility of making variations of the same scene or same character, for example "clean_black_short_young_happy", "clean_black_short_young_sad". To go even further, you could have variations to match your home - poor, luxurious etc.
Would be awesome. But just how much pictures can we generate AND store? Doing this can quickly become exponential. As in 500 000 pictures.

The game's current pictures already underwent rounds of lossless compression and it's still a few Gb... I'd like to keep it around 5Gb or less, while not creating visible quality loss (or noticeable lag from on-the-fly decompression).

Game developers of AAA games probably have to deal with optimization of assets size, I'm not well versed in it. If you are, I'm interested in reading your solutions.

To take it a step further again, what are your thoughts on having the ultimate picture consistancy, and instead of using whatever pictures you can find to match a simple description (long black hair), every girl is now a unique character where you can match her exact hairstyle and body type in every scene more closely. So now you have something like clean_1001_sad_poor, bj_1001_happy_basic where 1001 is a girl that is always young with long black hair in a ponytail, wearing glasses. All possible with AI! Admitedly I might be getting a bit carried away here with the house variation as you probably won't even see the surroundings in most of the scenes..
This is what bews intend to do and that's the dream: generate scenes that are tied to the slave.

For me, the sky is the limit! Ideally, we see every tiny little detail from the description present in each scene. Along with the master's face and attire in sex-scenes, the room you are in with its decoration, the slave's diligence/mood... Her weight, her tattoos, her piercing, her brand, her clothes, her makeup and even the body mods (including those: 1705720312861.png :illuminati:).

Everyone can contribute to this game's development, so it'd be welcomed. (y)

bews

Aug 1, 2020
Of course this is all just words and ideas at the moment, and I realise even with the power of AI this is still a huge undertaking.
I thought totally the same when I started this project to update art with AI. After a few months working on it, it became clear that I GREATLY underestimated the amount of work that needs to be done. And so here we are: after 8 months of working on this I still can't even make the first release.

It's bc of the number of girls, variations and the price of the mistake.
Like let’s say u made a new girl via AI and use her as a base. Then u generate clothes, expressions, body variations, etc. (already over 200 pics just for 1 girl, that u need to edit and pick manually bc some of them will have broken body or have bad hands or just unsexy) + then u need to generate events for her too (another 50 pics).

And after u done all of that, u realize, that the base image has some things that need to be fixed. U fix them and then u have to trash all those already generated images for her and start over. But u have not 1, but over 600 girls to redo.

This is the price of the mistake - a ton of wasted time. This is why the base art should be perfect. But perfection is unattainable, so we have to set some standards that will define if the art can be used as a base or not.
And after considering a lot of things those standards became extremely harsh: u need to make art for all existing girls, girls for each age group should be visually distinctive between themselves, each hair group should have a lot of variations (eyes color, hair style, body type, boobs size, poses), and finally each girl should be sexy, unique and have a perfect anatomy without any hands problems.

It's EXTREMELY hard to meet all those standards. This is why after 8 months I still have nothing to show yet. But I'm very close to completing the base art for all girls. I think u can expect the first release in a month. It will include base images for all girls, facial expressions (will need to make changes to the game code to support them) and 3 unedited (so they might have some small hands problems) outfits: maid, mistress and secretary.
Later we will be improving clothes and adding new clothes too, I just want at least to show something and let ppl try and play with them.

If u can generate event images for them, it would be awesome. This way I could focus on clothes and variations instead. But for now I can only ask to wait for the first release which is hopefully coming soon.

EroOuji

Sep 28, 2020
I think when you have your own Apartement after leaving the Slums Guild Contracts aren't worth it anymore. If you manage to sell one B+ Slave in the Auctions before going Bankrupt you are good top go financially for the rest of the Game. Selling just one will give you a hefty Safety Net of Sparks, and if you sell anoither one aftrer that you shopuldn't run into Moneyproblems for the rest of the Game. Of course you still need to be smart with how you spend your Sparks and what kind of Slaves you train.

If you aren't able to train B+ Slaves in a timely manner (Between 50-60 days for an early Game Slaver) focus on selling a few C+ Slaves in the Auctions. They will sell for a lot of Sparks - my last C+ one sold for around 3k Sparks - and that should be more than enough to keep you afloat. If you need a Finance boost you can also always get Isabella from the Slums, remove her Scar, give her Stylish and Exotic clothing and sell her as is without any Training. She should give you almost 4k Sparks in the Auction. That alone is enough to enable you to train B+ Slaves without much Timepressure.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the tip. I never realized that the auction could be so profitable. I'll give that shot. Hopefully I won't have to give up Isabella, but it'll be close.

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
Thanks bews for the work you are doing. I was considering doing the same thing not too long ago but wanted to wait for some new tools that should be hitting the scene any time now for daz work. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have accomplished. I had a look through the image folders and knew it would be a beast of a project but it's attainable thanks to AI and it's nice to see this game getting an update in this area.

Biggus Dingus

Mar 26, 2023
I thought totally the same when I started this project to update art with AI. After a few months working on it, it became clear that I GREATLY underestimated the amount of work that needs to be done. And so here we are: after 8 months of working on this I still can't even make the first release.

It's bc of the number of girls, variations and the price of the mistake.
Like let’s say u made a new girl via AI and use her as a base. Then u generate clothes, expressions, body variations, etc. (already over 200 pics just for 1 girl, that u need to edit and pick manually bc some of them will have broken body or have bad hands or just unsexy) + then u need to generate events for her too (another 50 pics).

And after u done all of that, u realize, that the base image has some things that need to be fixed. U fix them and then u have to trash all those already generated images for her and start over. But u have not 1, but over 600 girls to redo.

This is the price of the mistake - a ton of wasted time. This is why the base art should be perfect. But perfection is unattainable, so we have to set some standards that will define if the art can be used as a base or not.
And after considering a lot of things those standards became extremely harsh: u need to make art for all existing girls, girls for each age group should be visually distinctive between themselves, each hair group should have a lot of variations (eyes color, hair style, body type, boobs size, poses), and finally each girl should be sexy, unique and have a perfect anatomy without any hands problems.

It's EXTREMELY hard to meet all those standards. This is why after 8 months I still have nothing to show yet. But I'm very close to completing the base art for all girls. I think u can expect the first release in a month. It will include base images for all girls, facial expressions (will need to make changes to the game code to support them) and 3 unedited (so they might have some small hands problems) outfits: maid, mistress and secretary.
Later we will be improving clothes and adding new clothes too, I just want at least to show something and let ppl try and play with them.

If u can generate event images for them, it would be awesome. This way I could focus on clothes and variations instead. But for now I can only ask to wait for the first release which is hopefully coming soon.
Sounds promiising. I'll look forward to the first release. Then it would be a good idea to make a solid plan of exactly what needs to be accomplished, as like you said, it's just not feasible to make so many images and then decide later down the track that maybe something should have been done differently, and now they're all useless. I guess the very first step would be to complete the character images and decide on final designs 100% (may cause upset in the community if people have gotten used to their faavorite girls - I don't know if that's a thing that anyone care about?)

When I've got a minute, I'll see if I can put together some example images/scenes to show what I have in mind.

dbxhfl452

Apr 15, 2022
Just wanted you all to know the next Part of the Barn Guide is Online. You can find it here: Barn Guide, in the Beginner Guide Section in the OP or follow the Link in my Signature. I hope you will find it informative and helpful. This Time we Focus on the Egglayer. The next and last Part will be about the Cow.

See you!
Thanks for this. Ive played this game for like 6 years and I never thought about trying out the barn lol

Reactions: krustus

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Sounds promiising. I'll look forward to the first release. Then it would be a good idea to make a solid plan of exactly what needs to be accomplished, as like you said, it's just not feasible to make so many images and then decide later down the track that maybe something should have been done differently, and now they're all useless. I guess the very first step would be to complete the character images and decide on final designs 100% (may cause upset in the community if people have gotten used to their faavorite girls - I don't know if that's a thing that anyone care about?)

When I've got a minute, I'll see if I can put together some example images/scenes to show what I have in mind.
bews has been working really hard on the stuff. He created a private chat to work on the project. While a few of us have sorted though thousands of images at this point, he is the one who is generating them, and has all the cool code to generate them.

I want to say we are 1/3rd done, but ehhhh, hard to say. It seems hard to keep the image sorters from burning out. I am itching to start on another set at least.

unkalien

Aug 25, 2021
Hello.

It looks like now any rape leads too much angst to slave. From lore non-consent sex should not be such a harsh punishment as in real life, especially for experineced (but not maxed) slaves. This slave for example doesn't mind to have anal sex with shes master and have moderate devotion, but addition a bit of non-consent, in her case almost role-play level non-consent, makes it very hard punishment and creates a lot of angst. It's looks strange.

I think in code it should be removed:

if dynslave['abuse_attitude'] = 2 or dynslave['moral'] = 5: rape_fear = 0 &! zero for psi-masochists or fully devoted slaves
if rape_fear > 0:
dynslave['angst'] = max(min(5, dynslave['angst'] + 2), dynslave['sensitivity'] - 1) &! angst will drain nature and temperament; increase by 2 or to empathy level - 1 if higher

and should be changed to be more smooth curve of rape fear. For even a bit experienced slaves forcing to have sex should not be such dramatical incident among many others like sex with horses and eating of shit.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
It looks like now any rape leads too much angst to slave
The aura is a synthesis of multiple factors. 2 despair on a slave that is obedient and well-treated is counterbalanced by those factors, unlike 2 despair on a slave that is disobedient and unhappy. In the former case, it will fade quickly. What noticeable effect on the slave's behavior did this cause for you, aside from a delay in reaching higher devotion? More interesting emergent behavior can occur from stronger impacts from "harsh" actions.

unkalien

Aug 25, 2021
The aura is a synthesis of multiple factors. 2 despair on a slave that is obedient and well-treated is counterbalanced by those factors, unlike 2 despair on a slave that is disobedient and unhappy. In the former case, it will fade quickly. What noticeable effect on the slave's behavior did this cause for you, aside from a delay in reaching higher devotion? More interesting emergent behavior can occur from stronger impacts from "harsh" actions.
Yes, despair will quickly decrease, but I think in this case it is basically unnecessary, and versions 1.2.1 and 1.7.5 was a more correct calculation. This calculation seems to have remained in the texts, which now do not match the effect on mood and aura. Despair in the aura and a strong drop in mood destroys immersion and looks illogical.

I think it should be something like:

1. Does the slave agree to the same action voluntarily?

There should be the same procedure that check voluntary agreement to the sexual lessons and the offer of relaxed/active sex. If that check returns true, then rape actually just means hard sex. How to rape someone who doesn't mind have sex with you anyway? I mean it's technically impossible, you cannot rape someone if someone doesnt mind. Where does this despair even come from? Because the slaver didnt politely ask? Lol.

2. If a slave refuses voluntary sex, only then rape will mean actually rape, but the penalty in mood and despair should linearly change from large if there is strong resistance to insignificant if she already has almost no objection.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yes, despair will quickly decrease, but I think in this case it is basically unnecessary, and versions 1.2.1 and 1.7.5 was a more correct calculation. This calculation seems to have remained in the texts, which now do not match the effect on mood and aura. Despair in the aura and a strong drop in mood destroys immersion and looks illogical.

I think it should be something like:

1. Does the slave agree to the same action voluntarily?

There should be the same procedure that check voluntary agreement to the sexual lessons and the offer of relaxed/active sex. If that check returns true, then rape actually just means hard sex. How to rape someone who doesn't mind have sex with you anyway? I mean it's technically impossible, you cannot rape someone if someone doesnt mind. Where does this despair even come from? Because the slaver didnt politely ask? Lol.

2. If a slave refuses voluntary sex, only then rape will mean actually rape, but the penalty in mood and despair should linearly change from large if there is strong resistance to insignificant if she already has almost no objection.
I agree that by end of training your slave should basically be at your disposal for sex whenever you want. And whether you ask politely or not shouldn't be seen any differently by a slave that is well trained. As you wrote, if eating shit doesn't bring despair, she's well past the point of minding unannounced hard sex ^^

Reactions: unkalien

single0925

Apr 16, 2022
Oh yes, a lot of things have changed since v1.6. I invite you to take a look at the changelogs or simply have a playthrough :)

My favorite changes are
1) The uncensoring (+ the new pictures allowing to avoid seeing the same generic picture over and over for all slaves)
2) The overhauled soundtrack
3) The obedience threshold for each action being now dependent on your slave's personality (it used to be fixed so you'd always start with Endurance training which was easiest and then reward your away towards devotion. Now some temperamental slaves might be more opened to learn how to fight, some would rather do the cleaning, others would think this is beneath them, etc.).

The install process for the dev' version is kind of convoluted but doable. Go to the game's wiki from the op, and follow the instructions on how to install dev' version IA branch.

Thanks for the good faith. I appreciate it.

About known characters, I did my best to avoid characters from Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Pokémon, Bleach, Final Fantasy VII, etc. Because these are really known by everyone, internationally, so it's an obvious immersion barrier.

You'll still see a few Tifa and Bulma here and there, when the art was too good, when the hair color+length+age combination was too scarce, or when implementing an image pack by another modder and I would have been too much of a hardass if deleting those.

We are on the same page (y)

This is an actual exemple of a bad image. Strong positive emotion, recognizable technology (vacuum), gif artifacts (though tbf it looks worse on F95's magnified preview than in-game).

I did discard a lot of pictures for this reason, and manually edited the lips on some picture to avoid that... Visibly some (maybe a lot) passed through.

So yes, there's definitely room for improvement.

Would be awesome. But just how much pictures can we generate AND store? Doing this can quickly become exponential. As in 500 000 pictures.

The game's current pictures already underwent rounds of lossless compression and it's still a few Gb... I'd like to keep it around 5Gb or less, while not creating visible quality loss (or noticeable lag from on-the-fly decompression).

Game developers of AAA games probably have to deal with optimization of assets size, I'm not well versed in it. If you are, I'm interested in reading your solutions.

This is what bews intend to do and that's the dream: generate scenes that are tied to the slave.

For me, the sky is the limit! Ideally, we see every tiny little detail from the description present in each scene. Along with the master's face and attire in sex-scenes, the room you are in with its decoration, the slave's diligence/mood... Her weight, her tattoos, her piercing, her brand, her clothes, her makeup and even the body mods (including those: ). View attachment 3279120 :illuminati:

Everyone can contribute to this game's development, so it'd be welcomed. (y)
开发者以及社区贡献者,你们好!感谢你们对这个游戏的付出和努力。
在2022年的时候在一些中文游戏论坛看到了这个游戏(V2.2),虽然是中文版,但是文本内容是使用的机器翻译,让人感觉很不舒服,并且这个版本还是已经被人修改的过的。
在10月份的时候我不满游戏中的插图,画风不统一、质量不齐等一些问题,开始在pixiv上搜集一些图片,用ps处理后替换了游戏内容。
第一版大概制作了两百多张图片,将大部分的NPC进行了替换,这次的制作让我感受到了游戏制作的不容易。制作过程中给自己的制定的准则就是“画风统一”,单单是寻找画风类似的图片就很困难。而且寻找到的图片内容还需要和文本对应,不然割裂感十足。很多时候花费两三小时都只能完成1张图片的替换。
2022年底的时候接触到了SD,顿时觉得这是一个“神器”,但是实际使用之后又觉得使用AI替换游戏素材是一个“世纪工程”。
今天在论坛看到有人在使用AI为游戏生成图片,而且还是根据场景、动态创作不同的图片,不管最终的效果如何,我都要称赞和感谢你们。世界有你们更美好!

The following English text is the software translation, please understand.

Hello, developers and community contributors! Thank you for your dedication and effort to this game.
In 2022, I saw this game (V2.2) in some Chinese game forums, although it is a Chinese version, but the text content is using machine translation, which makes people feel very uncomfortable, and this version has been modified by people.
In October, I was dissatisfied with the illustrations in the game, the painting style was not uniform, the quality was not equal, and so on. I began to collect some pictures on pixiv and replaced the game content with ps processing.
The first version produced more than 200 pictures and replaced most of the NPCS. This production made me feel that it was not easy to make the game. During the production process, the guideline for myself is "unity of painting style", and it is difficult to find pictures with similar painting style alone. And the content of the picture found also needs to correspond to the text, otherwise the sense of fragmentation is full. In many cases, it takes two or three hours to replace only one image.
At the end of 2022, when I came into contact with SD, I immediately felt that it was a "artifact", but after actual use, I felt that using AI to replace game materials was a "century project".
Today, I saw in the forum that some people are using AI to generate pictures for the game, but also according to the scene, dynamic creation of different pictures, no matter how the final effect is, I would like to commend and thank you. The world is better with you!

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes