Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Did you see the second part of what I wrote here? https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...tsman-community-development.390/post-13345991

When she dropped from D+ to F- after a battle, you said she went to “1 rebellion” — did you mean “1 thorn” in her auspex aura reading?
Yah I did see that part, weirdly enough her temp and nature didn't change like from a D to C kinda change, none of her stats did really so I was super confused. Also yes 1 thorn sorry the first line.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
If she is feeling guilty then she's expecting to be punished, and you need to deal with that, but take a pause to consider what you asked her to do. You can choose to give her tasks that she won't/can't refuse. Like sending her to school or hiring tutors or taking her to the arena.

The first two levels of positive mood each raise obedience by one point, and once you get into a "countable" amount of disobedience (which usually happens after 1 point of fear unless she has very high attributes) those points make a difference between F- and D- or better outcomes from school/tutor lessons and whether she will refuse personal lessons or activities at home. Her mood also makes a big difference for lessons when she is more obedient.

If she isn't refusing what you are having her do, then her obedience isn't the issue, it's her motivation. Mood is very important for motivation, and clothing bonuses also help a lot. If she has a trait that aligns with some activity then doing that will improve her mood and she will perform better, so try different things to see what works. Variety of activities also produces more merit for you to reward, raising her awareness and mood among other benefits.

If you get stuck and her obedience isn't going up quickly, it can be beneficial to allow a slave to become slightly spoiled. They will feel more merit and you can therefore give larger rewards without raising her spoil level above the first tier. Those larger rewards can include taking her on dates which, if successful, will eventually raise her devotion. It's an alternative to reaching positive obedience through fear. More expensive, and potentially slower, but if the slaver is weaker than the slave or there are other factors making it hard to build up her fear then it's a viable approach.
I attempted to try following it I believe, tell me if I am interpreting it wrong though.
First two levels of positive mood I assume are calm and Hopeful.
I spend first 3 days raising mood and explaining position, from there she's at 7-9 rebellion orbs currently lets say.
If I try to teach her she will refuse of course. So from here I assume I punish, I do verbal 1. I assume whenever she is guility I should punish as long as its reasonable? But how many times should I do it, everytime she refuses or if she refuses or does poorly bunch of times then I do it at end of each time she refuess/does poorly? I guess I'm mainly confused on when should I punish, specifically do I do it everytime she she is guilty or only once at end of day and trying multiple attempts?

Since I don't have many ways to raise her motivation I assume its just bathing, encouraging doesn't do anything currently at low level obedience, and SPA. I shouldn't be rewarding if she refuses as that results in spoiling I assume or maybe this is harsh mental lol. I usually give sundress, leather collar and shackle, I have no idea what crown of thorn does so not touching it currently. So how exactly do I raise her mood to Hopeful or optimistic and get her to do stuff when she's at 7-9 nine sharp thorn of rebellion, should I be sending her to a tutor/school and then rewarding her when she does well I assume? Then spam spa?

Also when should I assume its natural of her and when its a 1 reward just not reward as it should be expected of her, when she has devotion orbs or something?

I'll keep this above but

Edit: somehow i legit never used tutor on day 2-3 on rebellion 7-9? idk if maybe slave is just good but im getting A to S on the trial with optimisticmood and its going rather well on a restart.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I spend first 3 days raising mood and explaining position, from there she's at 7-9 rebellion orbs currently lets say.
You don't have to raise her mood from day 1. There's a chance she might try to escape if she has gladiatrix skill (thinks she might have a chance on her own) but with a collar she'll be returned. So with unhappy slaves the real risk is night attacks (game over if you can't win the battle, but won't happen if she has no gladiatrix skill) or suicide attempts (lost slave, but will survive with injuries if your assistant is supervising her). Aside from escape attempts, none of these will happen if she has no despair. Therefore you can allow her to be unhappy for a few days. The higher her empathy, the faster she'll despair when unhappy. If her mood is pessimistic or better, you don't have to worry.

Explaining position isn't always effective in the beginning. Often it works better to save the explanations until after she has already gained some fear. Some slaves won't be affected even then, especially if the slaver is not impressive. Still, when it works it's a free obedience boost, so consider it a bonus.

If I try to teach her she will refuse of course. So from here I assume I punish, I do verbal 1. I assume whenever she is guility I should punish as long as its reasonable? But how many times should I do it, everytime she refuses or if she refuses or does poorly bunch of times then I do it at end of each time she refuess/does poorly? I guess I'm mainly confused on when should I punish, specifically do I do it everytime she she is guilty or only once at end of day and trying multiple attempts?
If she gains new guilt on top of unpunished guilt, it will lower her taming. Aside from that, you don't have to rush to punish guilt, just make sure it's resolved before you end the day unless you are trying to get her out of a depression spiral and want her to feel relieved for not being punished. Note however that her guilt can reduce if she gains merit on top of it, so if your intent is to raise her fear through punishments then you have to consider that lower-tier punishments will not be effective in raising her fear (though may still raise her taming and awareness). You also have the limit of 2 punishments per day without inducing despair (3, on normal obedience difficulty; unlimited, on easy obedience difficulty).

Since I don't have many ways to raise her motivation I assume its just bathing, encouraging doesn't do anything currently at low level obedience, and SPA.
What she wears can directly affect her motivation, in addition to her mood, aura and attributes. Prioritize in that order, from an effort-to-change perspective. Mood is a sum of parts. She will at first refuse to answer how she feels, but with enough obedience she will tell you exactly what is good and bad. Watch how her response changes after you reward or punish her. If it doesn't, you are probably refreshing a mood factor that is already affecting her. Higher tier rewards/punishments have a longer duration of mood effect before she "forgets" them.

Rewards from different categories will give her more good memories. Punishments from different categories will give her more bad memories. A single interaction, reward or punishment can affect multiple mood factors, depending on what exactly is occurring.

The components of obedience are explained at length in the tutorial lectures. Those same components (her aura) also increase her motivation.

Different types of punishment target those components in different ways. Psychological punishments are focused on making her want to obey for rational reasons -- targeting her awareness. Effectiveness in raising fear through threats depends largely on intellect, how impressive the slaver is, and how believable the threats are. Repetition tends to reduce their impact. In residences with a dungeon, examples of punishment or presentations of torture equipment are other forms of psychological punishment - effectively, threats combined with some evidence to make them more believable.

Painful or restrictive punishments target the slave's instinctive motivation - her taming. Anticipating that the slaver will hurt her or deny her mobility can increase her taming.

Shameful punishments target her pride and awareness, and are particularly effective if she is very frightened. High pride is a barrier to intimacy, and makes her more rebellious, but if she is Aloof or better, you may not see a change in her obedience from lowering pride until you get her all the way to Shameless. So verbal punishments tend to be inferior to shameful punishments which tend to be inferior to painful or restrictive punishments. Verbal punishments have the benefit of consuming no energy and not provoking physical resistance.

Rape is also a viable punishment, but be ready to manage some despair if the slave is not already accustomed (or resigned) to being used that way.

I shouldn't be rewarding if she refuses as that results in spoiling I assume or maybe this is harsh mental lol.
If you reward no merit or above her merit, she will be spoiled. As mentioned earlier, that can be useful if you reach a point where getting her to be more obedient will take a while (mostly not a concern unless playing at "hardcore" obedience difficulty, selectable in the options menu).

I usually give sundress, leather collar and shackle, I have no idea what crown of thorn does so not touching it currently.
The item descriptions hint at their effects.

So how exactly do I raise her mood to Hopeful or optimistic and get her to do stuff when she's at 7-9 nine sharp thorn of rebellion, should I be sending her to a tutor/school and then rewarding her when she does well I assume? Then spam spa?
As you discovered, tutor/school often work better than personal training while the slave is still disobedient. In the Slums your choices for improving hygiene are spa, hot springs reward (3 merit), or going to the beach (3 merit). Each has pros and cons. Regular spa visits will spoil the slave, for example.

Also when should I assume its natural of her and when its a 1 reward just not reward as it should be expected of her, when she has devotion orbs or something?
Once she's devoted her self-evaluations will get harsher and she'll start feeling guilty even when she does an adequate job. Have fun with that!

Ending the day with unresolved merit will lower her mood and awareness proportional to the amount of merit unless she is fully devoted or a psi-masochist. It's fine to give a reward which is smaller than her merit, she'll still gain benefits. The only thing to watch for there is if you promised her a reward or a gift then if you give her a cheap one she might feel bad until you make up for it.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yah I did see that part, weirdly enough her temp and nature didn't change like from a D to C kinda change, none of her stats did really so I was super confused. Also yes 1 thorn sorry the first line.
Hover over the attributes and look at the tooltip. It shows progress towards raising or lowering the attribute, along with the thresholds for each.

I'm not sure how to explain a drop from 6+ obedience to -1 after a battle. Are you sure nothing else happened in between?

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Hover over the attributes and look at the tooltip. It shows progress towards raising or lowering the attribute, along with the thresholds for each.

I'm not sure how to explain a drop from 6+ obedience to -1 after a battle. Are you sure nothing else happened in between?
Yah I'm pretty sure I lost the quicksave, but it was fight and then just a drop. I made sure to check at least in my memory that nothing did change.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
What can you tell me about the slave's condition before the fight? Attribute levels and any known traits? Did the slave win the fight?
Sorry I'm blanking on that unfortunately since it was just based on memory. That was sharpest part of that memory the D to F.

Just a question is there a good time to use Behave: Humility. It seems they always reject it, so is it just worth doing it around Rebellion 4 and then punishing if they reject it? Asking because I'm getting stuck around Rebellion 4 orbs and I can't seem to lower it down even if she's doing well in tutor and stuff.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Sorry I'm blanking on that unfortunately since it was just based on memory. That was sharpest part of that memory the D to F.

Just a question is there a good time to use Behave: Humility. It seems they always reject it, so is it just worth doing it around Rebellion 4 and then punishing if they reject it? Asking because I'm getting stuck around Rebellion 4 orbs and I can't seem to lower it down even if she's doing well in tutor and stuff.
Behave humility will rarely be obeyed when the slave has thorns in her aura. It's an accelerator once you cross into positive obedience... or you can enforce it with a shock collar.

It's usually not a good idea to assign rules that won't be followed when you aren't able to enforce them.

Aura thresholds double for each successive level, just like attributes. Prioritize the aura elements that are least developed.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Behave humility will rarely be obeyed when the slave has thorns in her aura. It's an accelerator once you cross into positive obedience... or you can enforce it with a shock collar.

It's usually not a good idea to assign rules that won't be followed when you aren't able to enforce them.

Aura thresholds double for each successive level, just like attributes. Prioritize the aura elements that are least developed.
Do you deal with portion size I usually just leave it at dehydrated, moderate, and bedroll., deny orgasm, no masturbate, then maid if i can. I'm not sure if I can add any rule besides that in shack when they are still low obedience. I've tried 1 spoiling, but the sharp red orb for +2-3 obedience usually makes it rough to deal with. I guess its offset by easier to have better mood? Also how exactly does promise reward/gift work? Do I promise them and then when next reward lets say at a +3 comes I give a gown which is a +3 does it counts or is that consider part of a reward or is it a random reward you give when there is no reward/punish option.

I guess you said focus on the attributes, so focus on taming. I'm not really getting any opportunity to punish her with taming and I feel like its wrong to try something really hard like sexual and get a +1 punish for no reason to get a punish so is it just wait passively with collar or is the correct play to try handjob and see them reject and +1 punish it with verbal since i have fight back for the rest. I guess it then lowers obedience from the positive mood and I just keep doing that till taming orb +1?
1711924489475.png

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Do you deal with portion size
If the slave's physique is above model, a restricted diet can be used to save sparks and have her lose weight which will increase her awareness (which is currently in need of a boost). If she is a model, lowering physique will make her bony which will make her unhappy (hungry) and at risk of fainting if starved. With a particularly challenging slave, you might find that to be a benefit (if she's unconscious, she can't resist...) but in general that's not ideal.

dehydrated
Dehydrated (or spawn semen, which is more expensive if you don't produce it yourself) won't spoil disobedient slaves. Fresh food and leftovers will.

Bedroll vs sleep on floor depends on her endurance and nature. Sleep on floor harms endurance, energy and mood (if empathy is above D-) and raises taming. Sleep on bedroll raises habit. If she's spoiled, sleeping on the floor also curbs her entitlement a bit - you'll trade one bad mood (spoiled) for another (bad sleep).

deny orgasm, no masturbate
These generally aren't tested until she has positive obedience currently. We should probably change this at some point.

maid if i can
If you ask her "what do you think about me?" and she answers that she is willing to do some housework, it means she will follow this rule. At least with her current level of obedience, which could decrease if her mood drops.

add any rule
You might be able to use the "deny toileting" rule without enforcement while she is disobedient if her nature, temperament and pride aren't too high, her psychological status (text when you look at her rules screen) isn't too hostile, and the slaver's aura is stronger than hers. In the Slums it's tough for the slaver to maintain that, which also makes it harder to raise taming.

I've tried 1 spoiling, but the sharp red orb for +2-3 obedience usually makes it rough to deal with. I guess its offset by easier to have better mood?
It's a step backwards for obedience, but you can give her bigger rewards without (as much) spoiling, which have longer lasting mood impact so yes, easier to have better mood. But that just puts you back where you were (spoil reduces obedience by 2, mood brings it up by 2). The reason to do it is that bigger rewards raise her awareness faster, her better mood will help in lessons, and you can take her on dates which can raise devotion if she is not arrogant.

Also how exactly does promise reward/gift work? Do I promise them and then when next reward lets say at a +3 comes I give a gown which is a +3 does it counts or is that consider part of a reward or is it a random reward you give when there is no reward/punish option.
Each time you give a gift of any sort, or a reward of the kinds described when you made the promise, the slave will evaluate whether it fulfilled the promise. If she is satisfied, all is well. If not, she will have a bad mood and complain about it when you ask her how she is feeling, until you eventually satisfy her with a future gift. Her expectations will escalate with repeated promises, offset by devotion and other factors. For this purpose it doesn't matter if she merited the gift at the time, however if you give a gift to her when she doesn't currently have enough merit then you will spoil her.

I guess you said focus on the attributes, so focus on taming. I'm not really getting any opportunity to punish her with taming and I feel like its wrong to try something really hard like sexual and get a +1 punish for no reason to get a punish so is it just wait passively with collar or is the correct play to try handjob and see them reject and +1 punish it with verbal since i have fight back for the rest. I guess it then lowers obedience from the positive mood and I just keep doing that till taming orb +1?
If you are keeping her happy when she is not yet obedient then you are in a way depriving yourself of opportunities to punish her. By making life more difficult for her (sleep on floor, take away food, etc) you can accelerate the development of her obedience. If you give her tasks or lessons while unhappy, she will sometimes perform so poorly that she feels guilty about it, giving you a "legitimate" reason for punishment. Of course, by making life more difficult for her you might get her across the line before needing to do that. Once you get her up to D+ or so, the "alarm" rule can be another opportunity for you to punish her, as she'll feel guilty if she can't finish the job. Though by then, you might not need it, as devotion will soon take over from fear.

Pro tip: if you want to contrive reasons for punishment, try dressing her with fluffy paws and watch her fumble around.

Last edited:

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
If the slave's physique is above model, a restricted diet can be used to save sparks and have her lose weight which will increase her awareness (which is currently in need of a boost). If she is a model, lowering physique will make her bony which will make her unhappy (hungry) and at risk of fainting if starved. With a particularly challenging slave, you might find that to be a benefit (if she's unconscious, she can't resist...) but in general that's not ideal.

Dehydrated (or spawn semen, which is more expensive if you don't produce it yourself) won't spoil disobedient slaves. Fresh food and leftovers will.

Bedroll vs sleep on floor depends on her endurance and nature. Sleep on floor harms endurance, energy and mood (if empathy is above D-) and raises taming. Sleep on bedroll raises habit. If she's spoiled, sleeping on the floor also curbs her entitlement a bit - you'll trade one bad mood (spoiled) for another (bad sleep).

These generally aren't tested until she has positive obedience currently. We should probably change this at some point.

If you ask her "what do you think about me?" and she answers that she is willing to do some housework, it means she will follow this rule. At least with her current level of obedience, which could decrease if her mood drops.

You might be able to use the "deny toileting" rule without enforcement while she is disobedient if her nature, temperament and pride aren't too high, her psychological status (text when you look at her rules screen) isn't too hostile, and the slaver's aura is stronger than hers. In the Slums it's tough for the slaver to maintain that, which also makes it harder to raise taming.

It's a step backwards for obedience, but you can give her bigger rewards without (as much) spoiling, which have longer lasting mood impact so yes, easier to have better mood. But that just puts you back where you were (spoil reduces obedience by 2, mood brings it up by 2). The reason to do it is that bigger rewards raise her awareness faster, her better mood will help in lessons, and you can take her on dates which can raise devotion if she is not arrogant.

Each time you give a gift of any sort, or a reward of the kinds described when you made the promise, the slave will evaluate whether it fulfilled the promise. If she is satisfied, all is well. If not, she will have a bad mood and complain about it when you ask her how she is feeling, until you eventually satisfy her with a future gift. Her expectations will escalate with repeated promises, offset by devotion and other factors. For this purpose it doesn't matter if she merited the gift at the time, however if you give a gift to her when she doesn't currently have enough merit then you will spoil her.

If you are keeping her happy when she is not yet obedient then you are in a way depriving yourself of opportunities to punish her. By making life more difficult for her (sleep on floor, take away food, etc) you can accelerate the development of her obedience. If you give her tasks or lessons while unhappy, she will sometimes perform so poorly that she feels guilty about it, giving you a "legitimate" reason for punishment. Of course, by making life more difficult for her you might get her across the line before needing to do that. Once you get her up to D+ or so, the "alarm" rule can be another opportunity for you to punish her, as she'll feel guilty if she can't finish the job. Though by then, you might not need it, as devotion will soon take over from fear.

Pro tip: if you want to contrive reasons for punishment, try dressing her with fluffy paws and watch her fumble around.
Based on last part I assume I'm being too nice, but at same time its not cuz I want to, but more I lack the physical prowess on Johnny to actually do anything besides Vocally berate or get my ass kicked physically T.T. and even if I win healing is 50 and it only last for the day. Do I need raise taming, awareness, and habit at same time or can I just hyper focus on one?

Also lets say I choose a tutor and she gets 2 reward.
Then I do something else and its guilty 1, should I punish or ignore since 2-1 = 1?

Last edited:

RomanticBifrost

Jul 3, 2017
Can you tell me if it is possible to win in the arena with a loli slave using a whip? Even receiving the lowest possible damage and trying various strategies with changing positions, it seems very difficult to beat Doom of the Arena, well I'll make the save available in case anyone wants to try the feat.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I feel like its wrong to try something really hard like sexual and get a +1 punish for no reason to get a punish so is it just wait passively with collar or is the correct play to try handjob and see them reject and +1 punish it with verbal since i have fight back for the rest. I guess it then lowers obedience from the positive mood and I just keep doing that till taming orb +1?
As mentioned earlier, verbal punishment won't raise her taming. Also, since slaver aura is weaker than the slave's, her taming may reduce each night. You can use various methods to raise her taming: pain or restriction of mobility punishment, making her orgasm with low enough pride, rape, certain enforced rules (humility [can be enforced with shock collar], alarm [can be enforced with supervising assistant]), sleep on floor, sleep in bed/boudoir (only if slaver aura is stronger), [not] wearing certain things (naked, thick steel rings, nipple chain, collar, crown of thorns, pony bridle/harness), successful Threaten, Sententia Veritas spell, Vesturian Ambrosia, among others...

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Based on last part I assume I'm being too nice, but at same time its not cuz I want to, but more I lack the physical prowess on Johnny to actually do anything besides Vocally berate or get my ass kicked physically T.T. and even if I win healing is 50 and it only last for the day. Do I need raise taming, awareness, and habit at same time or can I just hyper focus on one?

Also lets say I choose a tutor and she gets 2 reward.
Then I do something else and its guilty 1, should I punish or ignore since 2-1 = 1?
You can adjust her situation without provoking a fight. You can approach her training however you want. As I mentioned, the aura stats take progressively longer to raise, so it would be inefficient to focus on one while neglecting the others. Ultimately your first challenge is to get her obedience positive, at which point a lot of new options open up.

She's feeling guilt at tier 1, so she is expecting to be punished at that tier. When you are ready to punish her (again, you want to resolve guilt before end of day), pick something at tier 1 (check tooltip in menu, on the triangle in lower left of the icon) if you don't want to induce despair.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
You can adjust her situation without provoking a fight. You can approach her training however you want. As I mentioned, the aura stats take progressively longer to raise, so it would be inefficient to focus on one while neglecting the others. Ultimately your first challenge is to get her obedience positive, at which point a lot of new options open up.

She's feeling guilt at tier 1, so she is expecting to be punished at that tier. When you are ready to punish her (again, you want to resolve guilt before end of day), pick something at tier 1 (check tooltip in menu, on the triangle in lower left of the icon) if you don't want to induce despair.
Yah, but how exactly do punish her at tier 1 since vocal doesnt work since my aura is weaker than her so it does nothing. If I choose any other she choose to fight which if I win then cost 50 spark and then lose couple day and large mood debuff everytime.

Also from what I understand with what I can realistically do to raise taming its just crown and collar passive, and humility with shock collar(tried she seems to still give the guilt 1 from it) and sleep on floor.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Yah, but how exactly do punish her at tier 1 since vocal doesnt work since my aura is weaker than her so it does nothing. If I choose any other she choose to fight which if I win then cost 50 spark and then lose couple day and large mood debuff everytime.
Johny is a warlock; what happens to his aura if you cast Magna Magnifika?

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Johny is a warlock; what happens to his aura if you cast Magna Magnifika?
Its unfortunately still weaker aura wise than slave. T.T I generally understand how to play if I wasn't playing Johnny is my thing. I just can't figure out the first couple of weeks on Johny specifically since it seems verbal doesn't do anything obviously since weak aura and most slaves will fight back on any other punishment thus I get stuck in a loop of choosing between 50 spark to punish once and run out of money or slow bleed with verbal punishments that do nothing.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Its unfortunately still weaker aura wise T.T
What if he also wears an Aketon?

Her being spoiled isn't good for punishments, of course.

You can dispose of her guilt with an ineffective verbal punishment, it's better than ignoring it.

If you can't punish her directly, use deprivation. Take away food for a couple of days if starvation would not cause too much harm to her endurance or physique. Take away her bedroll. Take away her clothes. Or... just take her on dates until stockholm syndrome kicks in.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Its unfortunately still weaker aura wise than slave. T.T I generally understand how to play if I wasn't playing Johnny is my thing. I just can't figure out the first couple of weeks on Johny specifically since it seems verbal doesn't do anything obviously since weak aura and most slaves will fight back on any other punishment thus I get stuck in a loop of choosing between 50 spark to punish once and run out of money or slow bleed with verbal punishments that do nothing.
Show me her full rules screen (including her attitude text, attributes and skills) or upload a save.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
What if he also wears an Aketon?

Her being spoiled isn't good for punishments, of course.

You can dispose of her guilt with an ineffective verbal punishment, it's better than ignoring it.

If you can't punish her directly, use deprivation. Take away food for a couple of days if starvation would not cause too much harm to her endurance or physique. Take away her bedroll. Take away her clothes. Or... just take her on dates until stockholm syndrome kicks in.
Wait stockholm syndrome exist for taking on dates ??? I've actually tried everything include
Also yes I was always wearing Aketon in every run.

Just went to Spa, Magna on, Aketon, and weapon. I'am drastically lower in aura.

Here is a day 1 save also if u want.

1711934025868.png

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes