ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Yo devs!

When you go outside yer house have ya noticed them text under slave's picture have them ugly blue highlight thingies? You can click them text then go to slave screen. Same thing with clicking them slave picture. Anything special with clicking them ugly text?
Master n assistant don't have them ugly text thingies.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Yo devs!

When you go outside yer house have ya noticed them text under slave's picture have them ugly blue highlight thingies? You can click them text then go to slave screen. Same thing with clicking them slave picture. Anything special with clicking them ugly text?
Master n assistant don't have them ugly text thingies.
Clicking on the assistant's or master's portrait will also do a similar thing, displaying the character's information screen and returning to the master's estate.

Are you using the 1.8 version?

What do you think the proper behavior should be?

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Clicking on the assistant's or master's portrait will also do a similar thing, displaying the character's information screen and returning to the master's estate.

Are you using the 1.8 version?

What do you think the proper behavior should be?
Sure. 1.8. I aint referring to portraits. I was referring to text under the portraits. Master and assistant texts under portraits aint clickable and they dont have them ugly blue colors when outside the house. Whys slave text outside house blue and clickable? She aint having that problem inside house. Consistency. All three texts outside or inside house should be ugly and clickable or they aint.

Since yous talking saintly devs man lemme ask you some more questions.

We's got 430 chicks in old jack, 426 plus isabella plus felicity plus two other chicks. How many chicks would there be in new mod?

I was fiddling with them json. You could add more of them pics. Cool. Question: You devs have way to edit them json files faster? Editing 400+ chicks already royal pain. If I wanna add new pic, I have to manually edit 10 of them json files. So if I wanna add 100 new pics... yous get the picture? Heard you devs be adding thousands of them chicks. Nobodys gonna put up new image mods if editing jsons like going to hell.

Have ya got some fix for them inventory problem? Where if yer chick gots too many clothes you aint seeing some of them no more? How bout putting some of them clothes in some other barely used slot?

When's the mod gonna come out? If it be taking too long could ya just teach us plebs how to translate them russian jack by mars and jinn so we dont screw them code? I knows them google translate, dont know shit bout modding jack. I hears them russian jack has lotsa quests and stuff.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
We's got 430 chicks in old jack, 426 plus isabella plus felicity plus two other chicks. How many chicks would there be in new mod?
About 3000 according to Powerairmax's early posts.

I was fiddling with them json. You could add more of them pics. Cool. Question: You devs have way to edit them json files faster? Editing 400+ chicks already royal pain. If I wanna add new pic, I have to manually edit 10 of them json files. So if I wanna add 100 new pics... yous get the picture? Heard you devs be adding thousands of them chicks. Nobodys gonna put up new image mods if editing jsons like going to hell.
It's pain, yes. We're making the work of adding pictures so you don't have to.
Maybe someone else than me know how to edit faster, if he knows, he'd do himself a pleasure to tell you how to.

Have ya got some fix for them inventory problem? Where if yer chick gots too many clothes you aint seeing some of them no more? How bout putting some of them clothes in some other barely used slot?
I think that's been addressed. I'll eventually talk about it again in the development conversation, to make sure we've addressed this problem before the release (whether fixable or not).

When's the mod gonna come out? If it be taking too long could ya just teach us plebs how to translate them russian jack by mars and jinn so we dont screw them code? I knows them google translate, dont know shit bout modding jack. I hears them russian jack has lotsa quests and stuff.
Well, the additional time being put in making a tutorial for people to google translate some Russian content would be better put into actual work so the update comes faster. Don't you think? :)
Several post above, I told what was left to do. As well as the conditions of possibility for me to give an actual estimation. These conditions aren't fullfield yet. As soon as they'll be, it will be Update Time. ;)

Reactions: ryouG and StJesuz

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
About 3000 according to Powerairmax's early posts.
Sweet!

It's pain, yes. We're making the work of adding pictures so you don't have to.
Maybe someone else than me know how to edit faster, if he knows, he'd do himself a pleasure to tell you how to.
Someone did.

I think that's been addressed. I'll eventually talk about it again in the development conversation, to make sure we've addressed this problem before the release (whether fixable or not).
Nuh-uh. Aint addressed yet. I was reading all them posts bout bug fixing since there aint nobody posting bugfixing updates no more.

Well, the additional time being put in making a tutorial for people to google translate some Russian content would be better put into actual work so the update comes faster. Don't you think? :)
What bout this one from knows what he saying modder man? https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-tails-v1-8-hf-old-huntsman-et-al.390/post-2046175 So I just google translate them #txt and #txt_2. Could ya maybe check with knows what he sayin modder man if mes translating them Russian #txt and #txt_2 would break something?

Yer mod has lotsa images. Them Russian jack has lotsa new quests and locations and stuff. Why not combine them both so you devs aint giving do overs if yous planning on adding new quests n locations n stuff in English jack in future.

Several post above, I told what was left to do. As well as the conditions of possibility for me to give an actual estimation. These conditions aren't fullfield yet. As soon as they'll be, it will be Update Time. ;)
Could ya maybe give weekly updates? I thought jack deader than dead all over again after cat got yer devs tongue.

edit: What bout them new ui, day night thingy and maps? Sounds cool. Could ya maybe give us some previews? UI this week, day night next week, then maps after that?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Nuh-uh. Aint addressed yet. I was reading all them posts bout bug fixing since there aint nobody posting bugfixing updates no more.
I meant addressed like in "acknowledged in the dev' channel".

What bout this one from knows what he saying modder man? https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-tails-v1-8-hf-old-huntsman-et-al.390/post-2046175 So I just google translate them #txt and #txt_2. Could ya maybe check with knows what he sayin modder man if mes translating them Russian #txt and #txt_2 would break something?
Powerairmax is your guy, you can trust what he says. If you have any questions, better ask him individually, or either backup your files then attempt trial and error.
However, you're deeply overestimating Google Translate when it comes to its ability with Russian language. Just try to understand any Russian page on RuTracker once it's translated; sometimes the result are absolutely bullshit. For exemple, in real life, "Moi non plus" is the French for "Me neither"; that's, 100%, the only translation possible. But now, go to Google Translate and "Moi non plus" will give you "Я тоже" while "Me neither" will give you "И я нет". I asked someone Russian, and "Я тоже" was the one she validated.

Yer mod has lotsa images. Them Russian jack has lotsa new quests and locations and stuff. Why not combine them both so you devs aint giving do overs if yous planning on adding new quests n locations n stuff in English jack in future.
We have a roadmap. We'll first finish what we think is essential for 2.0, and it's a big task. We can't do everything at once obviously. The obvious obstacle is not having any bilingual person at our disposal. Google Translate's output is certainly below our standards.

Could ya maybe give weekly updates? I thought jack deader than dead all over again after cat got yer devs tongue.
Weekly? Why? ^^ Pardon my smug tone, but what's in it for us devs'?
When you think about it, I happened to give an update every two weeks even after the dev' got private. And it's not a deadline, it's simply that I had something new to say. Our development advances one big step at a time, once a step is made, we'll notify you here.
I understand that we were more transparents about updates in the past as we were literally exchanging files on the thread; the game was made with F95 as a community in mind. Now that we can't share even official bugfixes and spell-fixes for JoNT (in its current state) on this thread, this has become an underground project, unrelated to F95.

edit: What bout them new ui, day night thingy and maps? Sounds cool. Could ya maybe give us some previews? UI this week, day night next week, then maps after that?
We'll wait until the new UI, the new map, and the new day/night cycle have been tested thoroughly, and finished. It's delicate to send everyone previews for things that are subject to change.

Lots of negative answers from my part. The essential and most important note tho, is that as long as Powerairmax and I both aren't found dead in our apartment, we'll release 2.0 eventually. And more than that, based on our roadmap, we're seeing the end of the tunnel. :)

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
I meant addressed like in "acknowledged in the dev' channel".
You aint showing no dev channel so we aint knowing.

Powerairmax is your guy, you can trust what he says. If you have any questions, better ask him individually, or either backup your files then attempt trial and error.
Dontcha have some other coding dudes other than Poweairmax and StJesuz?

However, you're deeply overestimating Google Translate when it comes to its ability with Russian language. Just try to understand any Russian page on RuTracker once it's translated; sometimes the result are absolutely bullshit. For exemple, in real life, "Moi non plus" is the French for "Me neither"; that's, 100%, the only translation possible. But now, go to Google Translate and "Moi non plus" will give you "Я тоже" while "Me neither" will give you "И я нет". I asked someone Russian, and "Я тоже" was the one she validated.
Aint interested in English to Russian. Just Russian to English. Looks good enough fer me. We humans could add with context and stuff. My English aint that great either but except for some dudes here nobody gives a shit. Coz probably mods doing good job playing referee.

We have a roadmap. We'll first finish what we think is essential for 2.0, and it's a big task. We can't do everything at once obviously. The obvious obstacle is not having any bilingual person at our disposal. Google Translate's output is certainly below our standards.
What bout them Russian chick you talked to? Dontcha have some other dudes helping ya?

I'm sitting on there fence bout helping with yer mod. On one hand Powerairmax and StJesuz be sticking with ya. On the other hand there's bunch of dudes who used to help ya now they aint.

Weekly? Why? ^^ Pardon my smug tone, but what's in it for us devs'?
So y'all get feedback. So y'all get perspective. Coz if you be working with just like-minded dudes you tend to start seeing things in just one way. With feedback yer awesome mod gets more awesomer.

When you think about it, I happened to give an update every two weeks even after the dev' got private. And it's not a deadline, it's simply that I had something new to say. Our development advances one big step at a time, once a step is made, we'll notify you here.
I understand that we were more transparents about updates in the past as we were literally exchanging files on the thread; the game was made with F95 as a community in mind. Now that we can't share even official bugfixes and spell-fixes for JoNT (in its current state) on this thread, this has become an underground project, unrelated to F95.
Why dontcha open development thread somewhere else? Yous could continue posting here for important announcements and stuff for random casual would-be jack fans. Them dev thread in some other site fer die hard fans of yer work.

We'll wait until the new UI, the new map, and the new day/night cycle have been tested thoroughly, and finished. It's delicate to send everyone previews for things that are subject to change.
Yous could put disclaimer that "All this shit subject to change prior notice." Nobody aint got no right to complain if they be just sitting on there ass doing nothing.

Lots of negative answers from my part. The essential and most important note tho, is that as long as Powerairmax and I both aren't found dead in our apartment, we'll release 2.0 eventually. And more than that, based on our roadmap, we're seeing the end of the tunnel. :)
That's so much better than making promises you aint keeping. Like Avatar The Last Airbender the movie: awesome trailer, full of shit everything else.

Yous could teach us how to mod our own game so we aint bugging ya all week.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
We said the development was going private, so of course the channel is not going to be seen publically :p I read from this topic, and bring out what has been said. You couldn't have known before I told, but now you know. :)
Dontcha have some other coding dudes other than Poweairmax and StJesuz?
These two are the only guys.

Aint interested in English to Russian. Just Russian to English. Looks good enough fer me. We humans could add with context and stuff. My English aint that great either but except for some dudes here nobody gives a shit. Coz probably mods doing good job playing referee.
My exemple works reciprocally. If it's bad from English to Russian, it's going to be bad from Russian to English. Moreover, I've RuTracker pages too, being badly translated from Russian to English. You can reproduce it yourself.

What bout them Russian chick you talked to? Dontcha have some other dudes helping ya?
Nope. Neither one of my Russian chicks is going to be helping with the translation of a Slave Maker game. Go figure... :/

I'm sitting on there fence bout helping with yer mod. On one hand Powerairmax and StJesuz be sticking with ya. On the other hand there's bunch of dudes who used to help ya now they aint.
+ So y'all get feedback. So y'all get perspective. Coz if you be working with just like-minded dudes you tend to start seeing things in just one way. With feedback yer awesome mod gets more awesomer.
We're already 3 like-minded people and we always find a great outcome after each deliberation. We've also been in there together for long enough, so we trust each other to accomplish our tasks until the end. While we have past exemples of people volunteering then withdrawing without any outcome. "If something ain't broke, don't fix it".
In conclusion, we're fine, for now. If we ever need many people for a task, we'll ask for volunteers.

Why dontcha open development thread somewhere else? Yous could continue posting here for important announcements and stuff for random casual would-be jack fans. Them dev thread in some other site fer die hard fans of yer work.
We like our current organization. We'll definitely think about it once 2.0 is released, but now we're in the middle of a work and we will not profit from starting a migration process.

Yous could put disclaimer that "All this shit subject to change prior notice." Nobody aint got no right to complain if they be just sitting on there ass doing nothing.
Alright, I hear your arguments. I'll ask Powerairmax first then post some of his current work during the week :)

Yous could teach us how to mod our own game so we aint bugging ya all week.
As I said, speaking in the name of people that know how to mod this game properly, they'd probably be better off working on the game rather than doing a tutorial, otherwise, they would have done it already. There are probably valuable ressources on this topic already, maybe all the information you need has ever been given. At least I hope so.
And I'm sure nobody is going to be bugging us past our point of tolerance. :)

Reactions: Daba and StJesuz

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I wish we could develop the game more openly. We can't do it here because of possible rule violations. I don't want to be banned or have this thread deleted.

You could try downloading and playing the Russian language version of the game, use machine translate to find things they have changed or added. Please share with us what you learn!

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
We said the development was going private, so of course the channel is not going to be seen publically :p I read from this topic, and bring out what has been said. You couldn't have known before I told, but now you know. :)
I read yer old post bout going private when shit broke lose bout them banned content. You devs still answering our posts bout bug and stuff after that. So ya cant say you cant answer now coz its private coz even when its private yous still posting bout bugs and stuff.

These two are the only guys.
v1.8 was written by two dudes. Still full of bugs without feedback.

My exemple works reciprocally. If it's bad from English to Russian, it's going to be bad from Russian to English. Moreover, I've RuTracker pages too, being badly translated from Russian to English. You can reproduce it yourself.
Why should it? I aint reading it in Russian, I be reading it in English.

I aint reading RuTracker, I'm reading Jack.

Nope. Neither one of my Russian chicks is going to be helping with the translation of a Slave Maker game. Go figure... :/
Too bad.

We're already 3 like-minded people and we always find a great outcome after each deliberation. We've also been in there together for long enough, so we trust each other to accomplish our tasks until the end. While we have past exemples of people volunteering then withdrawing without any outcome. "If something ain't broke, don't fix it".
In conclusion, we're fine, for now. If we ever need many people for a task, we'll ask for volunteers.
Ya did ask fer volunteers for them pictures back then. After yous devs went private.

We like our current organization. We'll definitely think about it once 2.0 is released, but now we're in the middle of a work and we will not profit from starting a migration process.
How bout them bugs? v1.8 made by two dudes by their lonesome. Still full of bugs.

Alright, I hear your arguments. I'll ask Powerairmax first then post some of his current work during the week :)
Okay.

As I said, speaking in the name of people that know how to mod this game properly, they'd probably be better off working on the game rather than doing a tutorial, otherwise, they would have done it already. There are probably valuable ressources on this topic already, maybe all the information you need has ever been given. At least I hope so.
And I'm sure nobody is going to be bugging us past our point of tolerance. :)
Nah. I'll just play them finished goods. If you aint releasing yer mod, I'll play them Russian jack.

If ya dont want people asking about yer mod why dontcha put on the OP "No asking devs any questions unless they wants them questions."

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
I wish we could develop the game more openly. We can't do it here because of possible rule violations. I don't want to be banned or have this thread deleted.
Okay saintly devs. Gots yer point.

You could try downloading and playing the Russian language version of the game, use machine translate to find things they have changed or added. Please share with us what you learn!
As you devs says, "What's in it for me?"

percivalleporidae

Jul 7, 2019
I read yer old post bout going private when shit broke lose bout them banned content. You devs still answering our posts bout bug and stuff after that. So ya cant say you cant answer now coz its private coz even when its private yous still posting bout bugs and stuff.

Too bad.

Ya did ask fer volunteers for them pictures back then. After yous devs went private.

How bout them bugs? v1.8 made by two dudes by their lonesome. Still full of bugs.

Okay.

Nah. I'll just play them finished goods. If you aint releasing yer mod, I'll play them Russian jack.

If ya dont want people asking about yer mod why dontcha put on the OP "No asking devs any questions unless they wants them questions."
Jack o Nine Tails is a little harder to code than other QSP programs since it doesn't use the classic QSP player. This also makes it hard to migrate it to Sonnix's advanced QSP player, which allows webp, webm, movie formats (e.g. mp4) and HTML5 among other things. Note that Jack o Nine Tails uses HTML4.01 quirks mode so HTML5 tutorials will probably not work smoothly for you.

If you want QSP programming assistance you should ask https://f95zone.to/members/toolkitxx.22980/ and https://f95zone.to/members/sonnix.345522/. They're probably the best QSP programmers in F95zone right now. I'd been asking them a lot of QSP coding questions and they've generously answered every single one of them to my satisfaction.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
We actually thoroughly answered every point you made today. We can, and do answer as much questions as we can here, even if the development is currently in private.

We do have feedback. It's here. And I've been repeating that, as much as possible, it was being read, acknowledged, and taken care off.

I was giving you an effortless way to reproduce what you want to achieve: translating a text from Russian to English. It was mostly a way to make you gain time and see if Google Translate was actually up to your standards; if it allowed you to deduce meaning from context.

- If ya dont want people asking about yer mod why dontcha put on the OP "No asking devs any questions unless they wants them questions."

- As you devs says, "What's in it for me?"
- Questions are welcome, acknowledged, and answered more often than not. Demanding things while taking other people's efforts for granted, as well as an attitude of hostility towards us, will go past the point of tolerance I was mentioning.
- I thought you wanted to give feedback and have us all work as a community towards a common goal.

All these points being addressed, I wish everyone reading this message a good day. :)

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017

cause sensible people don't ask to the point of pestering then claiming

As you devs says, "What's in it for me?"
They have no obligations to even return a reply, the fact that they've done so, is showing how patient they are as people. This isn't a commercial product they aren't paid for nor even taking donations for it. Making demands like you are is just going to make them get demotivated and kill their interest in the game.

I get english isn't your first language but your demands are bordering on obnoxious for observers i can't even imagine the patience the modders who have it directed at them need to have.

percivalleporidae

Jul 7, 2019

Too bad.

Okay.

It is the modders' prerogative to do what they wish with their game. So why not learn how to code in QSP so you can be your own modder? That way you can modify your own game however you wish. QSP is actually one of the easiest coding languages to use if you're familiar with HTML programming.

Take for instance your last question regarding a bug in the game. That is, when your PC goes outside the house you can click the text below the portrait of the girl which has the same effect as clicking the portrait of the girl. The aforementioned text also has a strange bluish tint. This is an error introduced by version 1.8. It isn't present in earlier versions. The gold standard for stability in a Jack-o-Nine-Tails game is version 1.7.5 by spectre1viper a.k.a crushboss.

Note: I presume you have copies of the game editor QGEN and Jack o Nine Tails version 1.8.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, to show you that you can do interesting things with QSP even with negligible coding skills why don't you try this one?

Note: I presume you have copies of the game editor QGEN and Jack o Nine Tails version 1.8. Your needed files are attached with this post.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't want to learn coding why don't you try some of the released games here in F95zone? Why not try Mr. toolkitxx's Saint Petersburg Adventures? It is still largely in the preliminary stage. One thing you might like is that Mr. toolkitxx may not mind your interesting posts.

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
cause sensible people don't ask to the point of pestering then claiming
I aint asking you. Go join them devs first instead of being their attack dog. Then you can speak all high and mighty.

They have no obligations to even return a reply, the fact that they've done so, is showing how patient they are as people.
If they aint replying I stop responding. But they aint stopping replying so I keep responding.

This isn't a commercial product they aren't paid for nor even taking donations for it.
Ya. I know. This aint for profit. But thanks to them devs taking over this thread all the old links are gone.

Making demands like you are is just going to make them get demotivated and kill their interest in the game.
Looking like they aint the only guys who can code QSP.

I aint demanding. I was asking. I was giving feedback. Old devs back in hongfire thread take feedback in stride. Guess new devs different.

I get english isn't your first language but your demands are bordering on obnoxious for observers i can't even imagine the patience the modders who have it directed at them need to have.
I was asking them to make previews. I aint demanding. Is that bad a thing? If they says no then that's that. If they says yes then is that bad?

What dya mean obnoxious? Devs started them "Pardon my smug tone, but what's in it for us devs'?" So me saying that makes me obnoxious but them saying aint obnoxious? For observers I can't even imagine the smarts of anyone who follows that logic. Aint that called double standards? Aint that making you obnoxious?

If you wanna know obnoxious why dontcha join them devs since you wanna suck up to them so much? There used to be old dev tracygotrocks who answers all them coding questions no problem. Devs says him left without saying a word. Yeah right. Now I knows why he left.

Fine. I aint responding no more to you and all them suck ups whatever you says after this post. I only responding to devs, mods and cute bunnygirls.

Reactions: AceKid7

Fraydon

Apr 22, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Jack-o-nine-tails. Downloads have been removed, due to some of the pictures included in the game violating the rules of this site. Work is ongoing to create a new release, update 2019-06-30.
Sooo what the hell would violate this sites rules, and is there an eta on when the game will be up again?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Sooo what the hell would violate this sites rules, and is there an eta on when the game will be up again?
Anything that violates the forum rules. Jack was deemed to violate rule #7.

Just pulling stuff out of my ass, but a couple of weeks ago, one of the modders suggested they'd be done in a couple of weeks. Applying the general anti-optimism filter (double the number, increase the time unit one step), that means probably another 2-3 months.

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
For observers I can't even imagine the smarts of anyone who follows that logic. Aint that called double standards? Aint that making you obnoxious?
It's called you being a hypocrite you made demands from the devs for extra work then when asked for the same you wouldn't reciprocate.

But thanks to them devs taking over this thread all the old links are gone.
no someone reported the thread for loli content and got it taken down AFTER they restarted development it was a ghost town before that.

I aint demanding. I was asking. I was giving feedback. Old devs back in hongfire thread take feedback in stride. Guess new devs different.
so are u part of the reason the devs there got burnt out then? wouldn't surprise me given your comment history.

also ya ya woof woof so vicious

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just pulling stuff out of my ass, but a couple of weeks ago, one of the modders suggested they'd be done in a couple of weeks. Applying the general anti-optimism filter (double the number, increase the time unit one step), that means probably another 2-3 months.
I even remember around page 30 when I said "a few days", lol.
Here was my train of thoughts when I finished uncensoring the game: "but still, wouldn't it be better to also replace pictures having bad art too?"
When done so: "wouldn't it be better to make an inventory of all the girls who lack pictures in the game and add them too?"
"Oh yeah, the regular cooking scenes and stuff, let's remove the weird unrelated to chosen task pictures there too!"
"Oh, half the pictures are gone now... Let's replace them and add even new ones that were missing to begin with!"

We could actually make 2.0 come out now, based on what PAM and I wanted to do at first. But we've asked on it before if people wanted to wait for a perfect game or if they wanted constant little updates. Maybe it was a confirmation bias and we are effort masochistics, but we interpreted the next answers as "do your best before releasing anything". Besides, we're now so close to a complete overhaul, in terms of tasks left :)

The realistic estimation of when the work will be finished will definitely happen in a few days ;)

On a side note, despite my patience, following the several benevolent warnings I sent, all of RyouG comments will be flat out ignored from now on (that only engages me out of us 3 devs').

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes