caxowa2928

Apr 5, 2024
Appreciate you being willing to experiment in the new dev versions with showing the player more information about what's going on (y)

I had some thoughts after playing a good amount of 2.2.6.8, 2.2.6.15, and 2.2.6.16 (mostly Custom Normal difficulty). Some of this involves UI adjustments that I understand may or may not currently be feasible. No need to respond, though I wouldn't mind guidance if there's something obvious I'm missing vis-a-vis spoil or personality :geek:.

Guilt/Merit:
  • It would be nice if the guilt/merit number was superimposed on the reward and punishment icons rather in the tooltip. Might be nice to show the $ cost outside of the tooltip as well (far right side?).
  • Right now if a slave feels both guilt & merit, only guilt is shown. Would it be possible to show the numbers for both somehow?
  • Neither of those spots have a ton of free screen real estate available. It might be easier if there was some sort of icon for guilt/merit. A set of scales?
Personality Attribute:
  • This attribute still feels very opaque to me. My first thought was to make it more like the slave Charm stat. IE show the formula somewhere and/or remove the gradual movement in favor of instant updates. Another would be to show the player an attribute for interior decoration, if that's the main thing I'm missing here.
  • As it stands I'm frequently confused why its going up or down. In my most recent playthrough it was up at Knave (~60/80) and then down at Churl (39/40) not too long afterwards. Yet my standard of living was Respectable which, if I understand correctly, met or exceeded my Guild Rep of A+ and Brand quality of B+
Spoil:
  • Another attribute that continues to mystify me. I'm not sure if there's a bug, I'm misunderstanding the mechanics, or the wiki is out of date here. In my night before -> morning after tests, nothing seemed to increase the amount by which it drops. Maybe despair? I forget now. Sleeping on the floor, in the cells, or actually being in the dungeon didn't have an effect. Neither did refraining from giving rewards.
  • I know Put in Place can occasionally have a partial effect, but it still feels very all or nothing. That may be mostly because its the only way I'm aware of to directly impact spoil, which is unique relative to the the other aura stats.

'Mini pony' and 'Example of punishment' -> 'Execute prisoner':
  • These both feel very strong, especially together. Having 2-3 orbs of fear & taming with a significant ongoing mood boost by day 1 or 2 with a new slave is potent. There is a monetary investment involved but spending less than $100 for the jump start feels like a no-brainer. Not sure if that necessarily means they need adjustments :unsure:.
  • If they were to change, maybe +$10-20 on the initial cost for the pony? And 1 orb of despair on execute? In both instances I'd still use them, albeit maybe not constantly.
  • Also, I admit I have a poor handle on effective slave use of Alcohol, Datura, and Oblivion. So I don't have any idea how the pony stacks up against that strategy.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Personality Attribute:
Check the slaver's diary.

Try making the slave unhappy.

'Mini pony' and 'Example of punishment' -> 'Execute prisoner':
Perhaps the value of the executed prisoner should factor into it.

• Also, I admit I have a poor handle on effective slave use of Alcohol, Datura, and Oblivion.
Relatively inexpensive ways to raise mood. For one mini-pony, you can pay for a lot of drugs. But a mini-pony is safe.

Reactions: caxowa2928

pisnet123

Mar 29, 2020
So ive started playing the dev version, the newest one at 2.2.7.0

Ive noticed my assistant's aura(awareness, habit, taming, devition) doesn't change no matter how much time passes. Is this intended?

If so, what's the point of it?

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
So I sent Isabella to the gladiator arena and the pony races and eventually got her up to S+ class. I sold my first S+ slave as well and got about 13,500 sparks for her.. I decided to buy the dungeon addon and give dual training a try. From what I can gather, if you let a slave sleep in the dungeon then they will feel guilty every time you try to train them the next day. This means that you can't give them rewards for their training and so they don't gain devotion. This causes the training to take twice as long and pretty much costs you the same as if you had trained each slave one at a time.

I would give a slave a bath and put them in the dungeon. Next day they were still in high spirits and there were no issues but every time I tried to train them I would be rewarded with guilt and it took me a while to even realize that it was the dungeon that was causing it. Using magic to check the aura of a slave allows you to see the aura of both slaves so that's nice but you have to pay for the dungeon as well so it's not really saving you any money from what I experienced and it's not saving you any time either. I think it slows the gameplay down to a grind as well. I don't really like the option based on my experience with it. Am I overlooking something that I need to do in order to benafit more from it?

congorin

Jul 27, 2019
So I sent Isabella to the gladiator arena and the pony races and eventually got her up to S+ class. I sold my first S+ slave as well and got about 13,500 sparks for her.. I decided to buy the dungeon addon and give dual training a try. From what I can gather, if you let a slave sleep in the dungeon then they will feel guilty every time you try to train them the next day. This means that you can't give them rewards for their training and so they don't gain devotion. This causes the training to take twice as long and pretty much costs you the same as if you had trained each slave one at a time.

I would give a slave a bath and put them in the dungeon. Next day they were still in high spirits and there were no issues but every time I tried to train them I would be rewarded with guilt and it took me a while to even realize that it was the dungeon that was causing it. Using magic to check the aura of a slave allows you to see the aura of both slaves so that's nice but you have to pay for the dungeon as well so it's not really saving you any money from what I experienced and it's not saving you any time either. I think it slows the gameplay down to a grind as well. I don't really like the option based on my experience with it. Am I overlooking something that I need to do in order to benafit more from it?
the guilt is prolly from lower mood caused by sleeping at dungeon, try to give them mood booster like alcohol, encourage and or drug. wearing clothes that gives malus for training like deprivation suit, cat paw, and petsuit also make training harder to be considered succesful and thus harder merit gain. training also increase dirtiness and arousal which affect mood and aura of you and your slaves, thats why sometime repeating training 3 times in a row is fine but when you repeat it for the 4th times, wbam!, 3 guilty merit gained.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
So ive started playing the dev version, the newest one at 2.2.7.0

Ive noticed my assistant's aura(awareness, habit, taming, devition) doesn't change no matter how much time passes. Is this intended?

If so, what's the point of it?
Depends what she is wearing and what you have her doing. Awareness generally won’t change while acting as assistant. Habit should rise if not already maxed. Taming and devotion will depend on clothing — or completion of arena events and subsequent rewards. Devotion may also rise with good mood and no contraindications, even without clothing.

Try to train them how exactly? Is the guilt for a refusal or for performance? If for refusal, my guess is you are not using school/tutors.

Aiming for devotion before obedience is an advanced technique. If the slave feels guilty, effective punishments also move the slave towards obedience.

Last edited:

TBell67

Sep 22, 2021
Trying to sell a slave to the Necropolis Prince. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but to master a fourth sexual skill would require the loss of her virginity as only fetishism, oral, and petting can be maxed without penetration? So is the only way to achieve an S+ rating through massive arena/race fame?

"Once she reaches a decent level of presentation at our yard and bears your brand" is pretty cryptic. My slaver brand is currently B+, is there a brand requirement besides the slave charm level?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Trying to sell a slave to the Necropolis Prince. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but to master a fourth sexual skill would require the loss of her virginity as only fetishism, oral, and petting can be maxed without penetration? So is the only way to achieve an S+ rating through massive arena/race fame?
Technosphere can restore virginity. She does not have to be a natural virgin.

"Once she reaches a decent level of presentation at our yard and bears your brand" is pretty cryptic. My slaver brand is currently B+, is there a brand requirement besides the slave charm level?
No. This is the rating-not-high-enough response.

Reactions: TBell67

congorin

Jul 27, 2019

i have finished that one before, just restore her virginity after maxing out the 4th skill

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
Encountered a strange thing
my martial arts skill keeps going down from C to D for some reason even tho it's custom start
no I am not injured
perfectly healthy

Last edited:

Max&Chloe

Mar 16, 2021
The farmhand exercises the cow to maintain this, which consumes some calories. Unless you feed her a fattening diet or she is losing weight, she will have zero extra calories on some days.
Wow, I figured out what happened, since it takes cow's calorie to execrise almost everyday, in certain days, her calorie increase will be ZERO. In these days, if I try to milk her or impreganate her, her calorie will drease below 0 and thus lose some weight due to her Good Metabolism. I have to milk and impreganate her at the very day when she does not execrise. It makes this game weird and borinng. So I trainned another cow to sustitue her, then I take her as assistant and I found another problem. Since the calorie increase of assistant is fixed at +100 everyday, whenever it dereases below 0, her will starve and thus loose some staminna in the following day. This happened to another Weak Metabolism assistant too. Assistant starves often. It is so strange. And this features makes Good Metabolism and Powerful Metabolism almost negative traits instead of positive ones.
Moreover, I found my egglayer Weak Metabolism, and this means it will endlessly increase weight as an Egglayer in the barn. Since the calorie increase there is fixed at +300 everyday, high enough to make her fatter and fatter everyday (+1 in Physique everyday).
Personally, this Calorie System ruined my game experience so many times in this playthrough. I think you should have the Calorie System dynamic according to slaves' Metabolism Trait instead of fixed. At least I do not want my cow keep losing weight while egglayer gainning weight endlessly. In the same time, my assistant is worried due to starvation!
It used to show that Good or Powerful Metabolism is a good trait since it makes weight control easier, but now the situations differ.
Familar problem, more attention should be paid to data calculation!
That is all.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Encountered a strange thing
my martial arts skill keeps going down from C to D for some reason even tho it's custom start
no I am not injured
perfectly healthy
There's a checkbox in custom start under the avatar to prevent skill decay. It's enabled by default. If unchecked, skills decay like on a normal start.

Please upload your saved game so I can check what's happening. That's the only thing that should cause this.

Last edited:

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
Depends what she is wearing and what you have her doing. Awareness generally won’t change while acting as assistant. Habit should rise if not already maxed. Taming and devotion will depend on clothing — or completion of arena events and subsequent rewards. Devotion may also rise with good mood and no contraindications, even without clothing.

Try to train them how exactly? Is the guilt for a refusal or for performance? If for refusal, my guess is you are not using school/tutors.

Aiming for devotion before obedience is an advanced technique. If the slave feels guilty, effective punishments also move the slave towards obedience.
I have them at S- and A+ ratings with calm or higher attitude. They would succesfully go to school and learn but they would feel guilty afterward. If I punished them there were no rewards even if I boost peroformance with magic. I would always clean them before sending them to the dungeon the night before. They would come out in the morning in a decent mood and clean. I have more than nine obedience and multiple orbs of devotion. This will happen on either of the characters but if I leave one out of the dungeon for a day the problem goes away on that slave. I will try using drugs to make them ignore guilt. I did think of that after I turned the game off for the day but I'm pretty much done with them and didn't gain much of anything from it this time. Lucky for me I didn't lose anything either. Isabella was pretty much covering our costs of operation by winning the fights and races every time and the total amount of time for me to train my first S+ slave was about 110 to 120 days and I have not hit 200 days yet and should be able to break even without any major loss. I may keep one of them as a farm hand or egg layer and sell the other one for 10,000+ sparks which will give me a bit more padding. Training two S+ at a time without loans means I'm starting to stabelize my operation and the farm will just add more profit going forward.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Wow, I figured out what happened, since it takes cow's calorie to execrise almost everyday, in certain days, her calorie increase will be ZERO. In these days, if I try to milk her or impreganate her, her calorie will drease below 0 and thus lose some weight due to her Good Metabolism. I have to milk and impreganate her at the very day when she does not execrise. It makes this game weird and borinng. So I trainned another cow to sustitue her, then I take her as assistant and I found another problem. Since the calorie increase of assistant is fixed at +100 everyday, whenever it dereases below 0, her will starve and thus loose some staminna in the following day. This happened to another Weak Metabolism assistant too. Assistant starves often. It is so strange. And this features makes Good Metabolism and Powerful Metabolism almost negative traits instead of positive ones.
Moreover, I found my egglayer Weak Metabolism, and this means it will endlessly increase weight as an Egglayer in the barn. Since the calorie increase there is fixed at +300 everyday, high enough to make her fatter and fatter everyday (+1 in Physique everyday).
Personally, this Calorie System ruined my game experience so many times in this playthrough. I think you should have the Calorie System dynamic according to slaves' Metabolism Trait instead of fixed. At least I do not want my cow keep losing weight while egglayer gainning weight endlessly. In the same time, my assistant is worried due to starvation!
It used to show that Good or Powerful Metabolism is a good trait since it makes weight control easier, but now the situations differ.
Familar problem, more attention should be paid to data calculation!
That is all.
First saved game has Aveline as cow with +100 calories, S+ impregnation, only a little milk. So... no need to do anything. End day. Next day, she has +300 calories, S+ impregnation, "a full bucket" of milk. Milk her -> +200 calories remaining. Impregnate her too -> 0 calories remaining. End day. Next day, she has 0 calories, only a little milk. Let's milk and impregnate her again anyway... now -300 calories. End the day. Next day, she has +300 calories. She is gradually losing physique, on the days when she has negative calories. A few days later, at -1 weight (physique tooltip), she starts the day with +1200 calories to compensate. On this day, after milking and impregnation, she still has +900 calories. Next day, she is at +3 weight (physique tooltip).

What is the problem with the above scenario? Her weight is fluctuating but her physique is stable.

Second saved game has Shannan as egglayer with +300 calories. She is gradually losing endurance because she is Corpulent. But being Corpulent increases her egglaying productivity. Note that if you take the egglayer out for an arena battle once per decade, it will raise her endurance by ten points, countering the downward trend due to her physique. You can also take her out occasionally and give her extra exercise.

We could make the farmhand exercise the egglayer regularly even if she's above Healthy... this would put her at zero calories on most days. In the long run, there will still be days when she doesn't exercise so a weak metabolism will still slowly gain weight. That's a benefit for an egglayer...

Third saved game has Aveline as assistant with 0 calories. End day. No starvation. +200 calories next day. +300 calories next day. Have her train the slave so she ends day with -200 calories. End day. No starvation. She starts the next day with +1600 calories because she lost some weight. Following day, she is back to +300.

What are you doing differently?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I have them at S- and A+ ratings with calm or higher attitude. They would succesfully go to school and learn but they would feel guilty afterward. If I punished them there were no rewards even if I boost peroformance with magic. I would always clean them before sending them to the dungeon the night before. They would come out in the morning in a decent mood and clean. I have more than nine obedience and multiple orbs of devotion. This will happen on either of the characters but if I leave one out of the dungeon for a day the problem goes away on that slave. I will try using drugs to make them ignore guilt. I did think of that after I turned the game off for the day but I'm pretty much done with them and didn't gain much of anything from it this time.
Oh, I thought you were using the dungeon for a slave that wasn't obedient yet. Devoted slaves can feel guilty when they don't do their best. You can let them get a little bit spoiled (for example, by not punishing them or punishing them below their guilt level) and/or raise their mood higher. Also be mindful of what they wear.

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
I went to the slave guild and ordered one of my slaves from there which made starting out much easier and didn't cost me much more than buying a good slave at the auction. Maybe that contributed to her gaining obedience too fast and feeling bad for underperforming but the other slave I bought at the auction like normal. Part of the issue is I didn't know what was causing the guilt and I wasted alot of time which caused my training operation to slow down for a time. I'll keep messing with things. There were times where I would train them once or twice without guilt but I'm used to training them 3x a day and it would always fire off eventually. I stopped punishing them and just let the guilt sit there so I could get the training finished but this led to a lack of devotion when they were trying to hit B+ and it took me a while to catch them up and move on. As for clothes, they were wearing normal training garb like school uniform or maid outfit. I didn't use collars or cuffs on the arms or feet because they were branded magically and Isabella was around. That helped keep their mood up. I was trying to let one sleep in the dungeon and then the other to try and balance their moods but this ended up making them both guilty and brought my operation to a standstill.

Last edited:

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
My advice would be to make the characters guilty when they are released from the dungeon in the morning. This way the player knows that the dungeon is causing guilt. After you remove the guilt it should stay removed during training for the rest of the day unless they get dirty in which case you would just need to clean them between lessons. The energy spent for removing the guilt and bathing them combined with the lower mood should limit the player from training them as often as they would with a normal slave and add complexity to the gameplay so that the dungeon option doesn't become OP but rewards the player for taking on more at once. That way the player will get a feel for what effects the dungeon has both good and bad max potential.

Is it possible to order the extra bed and let one slave sleep there while the other sleeps in your bed? That way the dungeon serves as a holding area during the day to swap characters and adds some new punishment options but the whole guilt thing could be avoided if you buy the dungeon in combo with the slave quarters? Maybe make the extra bedroom for the slave an actual area like the dungeon where you can store a slave at night. Or you could just make it so that if the spare bedroom is purchased and the slave is told to sleep there then they can be stored in the dungeon but it will be considered a given that they will sleep in their room if they have the option check marked in their setup.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes