4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
What kind of man goes on the internet and pretends to be a woman?
I've made jokes about why I play this way, but thinking about your question I have to disagree with its premise. I'm not pretending, or even role-playing, as a woman. It's more voyeuristic, and being an observer able to control how choices unfold. Most games are played in the third-person.

It's also not different from reading first-person erotica. Or I, myself rather, never become the "I" in the story. It's being narrated to me.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
A catfish.

I let it go. You just had to flash your ignorance and come back for more.

Seriously? Did you even play the game? Read the story?

Heh, might as well make it fun for everybody.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So there, a Jessica with latent Sapphic tendencies as produced by choices made in-game, as made by our lovely dev. I may have missed a few beats (like the first time Jessica entered Heather's apartment without needing to be invited), but I think the picture's fairly clear. Of course, a few choices made otherwise by another player, and it's a whole 'nother Jessica, and that's what choice systems do.

Now, if your contention is that the dev does not intend the possibility of a Jessica that is latently bi or lesbian, this proves otherwise. If your contention is that something like this never or "almost never" happens in real life to "straight normal girls", we've dealt with that bit of small-mindedness a few pages back.

LOL! Jessica initiated the first Blake kiss. Plus, when she finally finds comfort expressing herself, she initiates actual sex with Heather in the shower scene. It's a gradual process.

I'm not showing off. I'm just pointing out that your reading comprehension is what keeps you from understanding the points being made. If English is your first language and you're this obtuse, then that's pathetic. But if it isn't, and you're just lost in the the explanation, then I am sorry. If that's the case then maybe you need someone to explain how wrong you are in your own language, but that won't be me anymore.

I'm doing no such thing. There's that reading comprehension again. "stoper's Jess" is the malleable Jess full of possibilities that he's presenting in the game. This is the sort of game you play because you want to see her change out of these "starting characteristics". We are free to imagine what our individual versions of Jessica will become, or even what she was. If we turned her into a cock-gobbling slut, then maybe she was one in her past and it wasn't presented in the early scenes because that's not where the story started, for example. After all, bits of her past are revealed after certain choices.

All she was presented as is a girl with a boyfriend who has been away for too long and is now here. It takes a grand leap of counter-intuitive imagination to assume that stoper presented her as someone locked into being, a "straight normal girl". In that case, there's no point to a corruption game.

Or maybe you're just the kind of guy who would play a game like AWAM just to watch Sophia have sex with her husband.
In that case, we really have nothing to talk about.
Absolutely perfect analysis. (y)

I hope of lewd stuff with this french hottie! Maybe "seductive" is a hint for it :cool:

View attachment 753071 View attachment 753072 View attachment 753073
YES!! :love: My most fervent hope is that Jess will get some naughty sapphic action with every female character in this game (that is not related to her since we're not getting that :cry:); Heather, Blake, Rosa, Eve, Shani, even Missy the receptionist.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Yes!

And in the end, in their bed sharing a post-coital glow, Jess kisses Blake's forehead, looking deep into her eyes, and recalls "What an adventure!"

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It's funny how people who post assinine comments like think they know the only or right way to do something and assumes they know exactly what everyone else is thinking or doing. I take it you don't watch movies or series with a female lead either then?

I've made jokes about why I play this way, but thinking about your question I have to disagree with its premise. I'm not pretending, or even role-playing, as a woman. It's more voyeuristic, and being an observer able to control how choices unfold. Most games are played in the third-person.

It's also not different from reading first-person erotica. Or I, myself rather, never become the "I" in the story. It's being narrated to me.
I agree. I enjoy playing female protag game, not to pretend to be a woman in the slightest, for me it's more like being an outside force that manipulates and corrupts the person. I don't identify or imagine myself as that character at all. It's simply a switch that goes off. For me, it's much harder to do that with a male protag.

It's pure escapism at the finest, I can partake in activities through these games that I'd never want to or dream of in real life. There are obviously things that would by many that would not. It like watching a violent action movie or playing a mainstream game.. you can revel in the violence and blood and gore etc, where in real life that would sicken you with its sounds and smell and texture.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Great job to this version however before the beta switches to final perhaps get a good actual toe sucking portion done with Jess and Heater to each other just sayin' it was minorly done and mentioned in one scene yet all the other kinks are getting their shots for content...this one should get its fair shot

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
A catfish.

Absolutely perfect analysis. (y)

YES!! :love: My most fervent hope is that Jess will get some naughty sapphic action with every female character in this game (that is not related to her since we're not getting that :cry:); Heather, Blake, Rosa, Eve, Shani, even Missy the receptionist.
Do not forget the hot detective girl pls,would be nice of her to do some cavity search on Jess ;)

toxiccrackle

Jun 16, 2018
Nice update just wish there was a little more in that bathroom scene, like maybe he touches or kisses her foot whilst they are masturbating and she wasn't expecting it so she gets a shiver and that leads to her thinking of taking her shoes off and then he feels/kiss her feet before she lowers her foot to his cock. Or maybe earlier at the grab phone or leave be option on the leave be as she goes to walk past takes a up skirt shot and then goes to the toilet, she contemplates again to do something about the phone and if she fallows hes locked the end stall and won't open the door, but on knocking on the stall something falls to floor in the next stall and when Jessica looks there's a hole which could lead to nothing or she could look and end up watching him masturbate or he watches her masturbating or she could give a hand job or even blowjob depending on previous options.

Reactions: Blayo

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
I think this sort of scaling is a common occurrence due to a lot of literary convention, and a not-insignificant amount of conventional wisdom. On the literary side, the heart of the standard romance novel conflict was always the overcoming of a "taboo", be it a social, cultural or sexual taboo. So, overcoming a taboo is supposed to take time. If it is easily overcome, then the taboo cannot generate that erotic charge that comes with transgressing it. For example, a manor lord having sex with the maid isn't as hot when the maid expects it like she expects her taxes and everybody's doing it. On the conventional wisdom side, it is a commonly believed assertion that women are sexually attracted to dangerous men. It is also commonly believed that female attraction points upwards (aka the man must be better at something... be richer, higher status, etc).
Couldn't have said it better myself. And i want to stress that Stoper and the co-author (i think?) whosenameescapesmerightnowimsorry choosing to develop the game in this manner is imo what makes it truly quality.

I was only speaking to my perception that this progression is not happening consistently across the lines of sexual orientation. And not necessarily out of inconsistent storytelling itself, or due to some kind of failure in the game.

So, why the so-called "imbalance" at this point of an incomplete game (I cannot stress this enough)? Because most of the male characters Jessica is expected to eventually cheat on Conner with given the right set of choices either have an element of danger and taboo that must be overcome with effort (the Senator, the Mayor, Mr. Birch, Duncan?), or do not yet have that element of taboo or social advantage that could conceivably make them attractive to someone like Jessica (Tommy, Parker, David?). Parker had to look cool and useful for example, to get that hand job. That takes more story build up. Sex with the non-Conner male characters then are treated as either climax (cheap lol) or denouement, story wise. This means they come nearer the end than the beginning. By nature of this narrative design, it is unfair to call it "imbalanced" for as long as the game isn't finished. Give it room to get to its spots. Of course, all of this whining can be headed off by stoper working faster, lol!

Now, why are the girls "easy mode"? Removing the idiotic assumption that "lesbian sex doesn't count" (which stoper, I think, doesn't make), another way to justify it is that it's perceived as safer. If we're going to discover ourselves sexually, it is easier to think of doing that with someone who can't get us pregnant, and who we think will look after our needs better than your average two-pump chump. Plus, we're no strangers to finding fellow women attractive. . The downside to this is that there is less of that erotic charge that comes with overcoming a taboo. (Lesbians complain all the time about how lesbian movies are usually "coming out" stories, but watch anyway because overcoming a taboo is hot...) Stoper has handled it fairly well, I'd say, especially since it looks like both Heather and Jessica are breaking personal rules to keep going past where the "easy mode" should end, adding to that erotic charge. It's also why Jessica x Eve is the pairing I am most looking forward to. Although I do like me some "easy mode" Blake too. Maybe the taboo will come from her dad being opposed?

Also, I do not agree that the straight route is the "basic route", because taking the lesbian route feels just as natural. You can tell when the lesbian option is just tacked on. It doesn't feel that way here. I don't think stoper designed for a singular "basic route" or "canon route".

TL;DR The "imbalance" is natural to a female MC game like this because it's trying to replicate female MC romance novel structure and trying for a female MC mindset. Do not judge its "fetish balance" at 30% complete. Judge it at 100%.
The thing is, if this 'easy mode' exists on bisexual and lesbian coming to terms with herself route, it 'should' exist on the heterosexual route as well, but doesn't really. There's no reason that it couldn't be there too. If there's a notion that it can't exist in that manner while retaining the same quality and atmosphere, i disagree with it completely. You'd just have to come up with characters and scenarios where it's natural. Stoper has made the choice to do that for bisexual/lesbian routes, but not really for the heterosexual one. Where, as mentioned, almost all the content is accessed over longer periods of time or with drawbacks. That's the imbalance i was speaking to. Of course, It's Stoper's story and he gets to tell it the way he wants to. Likewise, that's not going to stop people from having their own opinions and reactions.

As for the 'basis route' i only meant that in the sense the Jessica starts with no indications of lesbianism and the character can continue from that point without ever encountering them (assuming they are never forced on, which i'm certain Stoper said they never will be). That seems to me to make it the default route by definition. It absolutely wasn't to say the the lesbian route is any less natural or comprehensively developed. It definitely doesn't seem that way to me!

Last edited:

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
She's been in a hetero relationship with Conner far longer, and she's been attempting (and failing?) to convince herself these new lesbian experiences aren't enough to unsettle that. She still has her doubts about Christian.

Of course, Mr. Parker pretty much invalidates my opinion. lol

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
She's been in a hetero relationship with Conner far longer, and she's been attempting (and failing?) to convince herself these new lesbian experiences aren't enough to unsettle that. She still has her doubts about Christian.

Of course, Mr. Parker pretty much invalidates my opinion. lol
Of course the encounters with Heather and Blake are optional and she can stay strictly-dickie too which is good. Personally I don't mind her swinging both ways as long as the les side remains the smaller side. I want her to remain cock hungry. Blake and Eve are nice distractions but for me she's after the D.

I'm undecided what to do with Heather, for me things are becoming too intense and full on lesbian for my liking, but Heather is a great catalyst at getting her to loosen up and explore new things. I also dislike Christian, he just comes off as greasy sleazy scumball, even more than the perv mayor, but again he's going to be a quick and easy step into her accent into sluttery.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The thing is, if this 'easy mode' exists on bisexual and lesbian coming to terms with herself route, it 'should' exist on the heterosexual route as well, but doesn't really. There's no reason that it couldn't be there too. If there's a notion that it can't exist in that manner while retaining the same quality and atmosphere, i disagree with it completely. You'd just have to come up with characters and scenarios where it's natural.
It shouldn't, if you treat the male and female characters as interchangeable. But stoper doesn't, and I'd fully agree. There is reason it cannot be there. Again, we go back to the storytelling structure and the conventional wisdom inherent in the style being used here. The male characters are not treated the same as female characters because men are not women, and vice versa. Why is it "easy mode" (the more I think of it, the more I find this a misnomer) with the female characters? I outlined the reasons earlier. Female characters combine the perception of safety and care with the possibility of sexual attraction and exploration, a combination that is very difficult to reproduce credibly in male characters. A safe and caring male character would not be someone a woman would find sexually exciting or adventurous, with one exception. And that exception is if he's already her partner. Hence, you get all these Conner scenes, who is the easiest of "easy modes". In fact, on the whole, if you don't exclude the Conner scenes, there are more hetero encounters than there are lesbian ones. But why do you exclude him? Why don't Conner sex scenes "count"? Because there is no taboo. When a man is already someone safe for a woman, and she has no problems having sex with him, that's already halfway to obligated married sex. If you want that taboo, you have to wait. That is the nature of this combination of character and literary structure.

Now, can you come up with characters and scenarios where it's "natural"? Sure, but not without warping and altering the story into something almost entirely different. Different structure, different literary style, etc. For example, one way to get around the difficulty of creating a credible "easy mode" male character would be to create one that has already had a credible sexual history with Jessica. But that spot is already taken up by Conner, and having another similar character alters the dynamics between the characters and the nature of the story itself. Now it becomes a sort of conflict for affections, especially since a male with that history with Jessica would not be unknown to Conner. Did you want to play that sort of game or experience that sort of story? I don't, and I'm glad it's not this. Or maybe you want sort of like what we got with Lena and Robert in Our Red String (hetero sex scene by second update, so it meets your speed requirements). That would involve creating a Jessica that is easily emotionally manipulable into bed due to her character and circumstances. That won't be the Jessica we know here, who despite her introspection is a fairly strong-willed female character. If you want to play this character, in this story structure, then you'll have to live with its progression. You want a girl that's a cock-gobbler by update 0.2, there are a ton of other games like that. I guarantee you they'll be nothing like this.

Where, as mentioned, almost all the content is accessed over longer periods of time or with drawbacks. That's the imbalance i was speaking to.
That's a baked-in flaw of early access. You're not going to get your jollies tickled right away, because you've intentionally signed onto an incomplete game in the middle of development. That "imbalance", as much as people complain about it, is a fact of life of this particular business model. If it distresses them that much, they should wait for the final version.

That seems to me to make it the default route by definition.
Errr.... that's not the "basic definition" of a default route. A default route isn't defined by the starting circumstances of a character. Otherwise, the "default route" of every "hopeful farm boy" hero story, for example, would be for the farm boy to remain a farmer. What determines a "default route" is the spine of the story. Does one route feel more fleshed out than the others? Are all the elements unfolding as if you just chose the default route? For example, "Dragon's Dogma", despite the option to play as male or female, plays like the male character is the default route, because all of the elements of the game are catered around the assumption of a male player character, right down to the female player character defaulting to lesbian (not that I mind) because the love interest stays the same and acts as if the female player character is just the male version but with tits.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It shouldn't, if you treat the male and female characters as interchangeable. But stoper doesn't, and I'd fully agree. There is reason it cannot be there. Again, we go back to the storytelling structure and the conventional wisdom inherent in the style being used here. The male characters are not treated the same as female characters because men are not women, and vice versa. Why is it "easy mode" (the more I think of it, the more I find this a misnomer) with the female characters? <snip>
Going off a different tangent here now.

A agree with you that female characters aren't easy mode, it seems like in many people sub-conscience they are. I mean that in the following way, some seem to think that if a straight female mc gets involved with another female it doesn't count. Which is BS. It's the same as people who think a female interest who gets involved with another female without the MC when you have a male MC doesn't count as NTR when it is. It's stupid like girls who happily take up the butt from any guy they meet but proudly claim they're a virgin because they've never taken it the pussy, no they're still a slut. (Not that that is a bad thing, just stupid to think they're all innocent).

Not that any of that is probably relevant to the coversation here, just my take on "easy-mode" point.

omarsayed

Jan 16, 2018
It shouldn't, if you treat the male and female characters as interchangeable. But stoper doesn't, and I'd fully agree. There is reason it cannot be there. Again, we go back to the storytelling structure and the conventional wisdom inherent in the style being used here. The male characters are not treated the same as female characters because men are not women, and vice versa. Why is it "easy mode" (the more I think of it, the more I find this a misnomer) with the female characters? I outlined the reasons earlier. Female characters combine the perception of safety and care with the possibility of sexual attraction and exploration, a combination that is very difficult to reproduce credibly in male characters. A safe and caring male character would not be someone a woman would find sexually exciting or adventurous, with one exception. And that exception is if he's already her partner. Hence, you get all these Conner scenes, who is the easiest of "easy modes". In fact, on the whole, if you don't exclude the Conner scenes, there are more hetero encounters than there are lesbian ones. But why do you exclude him? Why don't Conner sex scenes "count"? Because there is no taboo. When a man is already someone safe for a woman, and she has no problems having sex with him, that's already halfway to obligated married sex. If you want that taboo, you have to wait. That is the nature of this combination of character and literary structure.

Now, can you come up with characters and scenarios where it's "natural"? Sure, but not without warping and altering the story into something almost entirely different. Different structure, different literary style, etc. For example, one way to get around the difficulty of creating a credible "easy mode" male character would be to create one that has already had a credible sexual history with Jessica. But that spot is already taken up by Conner, and having another similar character alters the dynamics between the characters and the nature of the story itself. Now it becomes a sort of conflict for affections, especially since a male with that history with Jessica would not be unknown to Conner. Did you want to play that sort of game or experience that sort of story? I don't, and I'm glad it's not this. Or maybe you want sort of like what we got with Lena and Robert in Our Red String (hetero sex scene by second update, so it meets your speed requirements). That would involve creating a Jessica that is easily emotionally manipulable into bed due to her character and circumstances. That won't be the Jessica we know here, who despite her introspection is a fairly strong-willed female character. If you want to play this character, in this story structure, then you'll have to live with its progression. You want a girl that's a cock-gobbler by update 0.2, there are a ton of other games like that. I guarantee you they'll be nothing like this.
You need to say this your own opinion bec not everyone thinks that.
((with the female characters? I outlined the reasons earlier. Female characters combine the perception of safety and care with the possibility of sexual attraction and exploration, a combination that is very difficult to reproduce credibly in male characters.))

First
A lot of females looking for the safe caring male character as taking care of her and fulfilling her needs rather than the dangerous boy who can leave her at any sec for another girl.

And second
if your theory is correct then that's maybe true when jess dealing with straight women
but those rules don't apply on lesbian or bi women she is dealing with as they will b the same as opposite-sex for her.
bec she knows those people have sexual attraction for her.

Can you explain to me how come is jess ((the Jessica we know here, who despite her introspection is a fairly strong-willed female character.))
are easily manipulated by heather but not by any other male NPC??

How come you saying ((If you want to play this character, in this story structure, then you'll have to live with its progression. You want a girl that's a cock-gobbler by update 0.2, there are a ton of other games like that. I guarantee you they'll be nothing like this.))

But you find it normal and reasonable that she did have sex with heather twice by now yet not even close to any male character.
bec females are safe?? say WHAT ???
what is safe to you exactly ?? not getting pregnant ??
bec its the only difference between males and females and if that your point than I find it really laughable,
if you meant safe as emotionally safe then this is not true as well as every man or women is different from another.

also, does her having sex behind conner back with heather doesn't make her the cock gobbler you are talking about ?? or it's okay if she is a pussy gobbler LOL.

I really just want to understand but you know my reading skills is not the best as you know me by now so pls feel free to elaborate more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaPein

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think this is a lot simpler than you all are making it out to be.

For the male characters, Jessica is the one making the moves and being in control most of the time. She is trying to get them to help her solve her case, so she flirts with them and tries to manipulate them via her sexuality. She doesn't really want to have sex with them, she is just using them to advance her other goals. Now eventually that will lead to them fucking her, but that is just a consequence of previous actions, not the intended result.

With Heather, that is flipped around. Heather is the one making moves on her, and she succumbs to it pretty easily if you let her. Heather, like the male characters, wants to bang Jessica and I assume she wants to swing with Jessica too so she takes steps to accomplish her goal. She is the only female character like this, the others either have no sexual content or just a kiss (that was to stop a creepy cab driver from flirting, if I recall).

Heather and the males have the same goal, to eventually bang Jessica, the difference is who is in control. Heather is in control, she takes steps to "corrupt" Jessica so she can have sex with her. With the males, Jessica is in control. She doesn't want to bang them, she wants to use them for other reasons. She has no reason to have sex with them if flirting and teasing accomplish the same goal. The guys want to have sex with her, but they aren't in the position to get her to do that yet.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes