4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

umby

May 27, 2017
View attachment 929953

Development Blog #70

Hi, everyone.
I'm still moving slowly through the last event. I just finished a second animation for one of the branches.

Seeing that I missed the end of the month, I thought I should go all in with it. I have to make 3 more animations, and quite a few more individual images. The problem at the moment is that in this outdoor scene I can't help myself with the second PC, because the scene is too heavy for it. One of the animations is in an indoor scene, so I hope I can use both machines for it and render it faster. The last event is already bigger than the daily events from the update, and there's more of it to work on.

I'll drop a few words on how the last event changed, and why it took longer than I initially anticipated. But you know I don't like spoiling anything about the upcoming events, so I'll do it after the update is ready.

As always, thanks for the support, and stay safe.
the good news is the animations, the bad news is that it might take another ten days, and the question is, how big is the rest of the update?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
however I speak as a sponsor of the project for which my kind of criticism is normal
I didn't know that you are a supporter of Stoper, so I kinda understand your frustration then. However, wouldn't it be better to complain on Stoper's Patreon or discord about it? Because if I would be supporter - which I'm not - it would be the first place to hear the opinions from other supporters.

I'm not trying to protect Stoper and his planning skills, because same as you, I think there is room for improvement. But from my point as a free leecher I don't have a reason to complain about it at all.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm still moving slowly through the last event. I just finished a second animation for one of the branches.
Just dropping this to show how time-consuming and complex animations can be:
Alorth, dev of Radiant and Neko-someting, made a huge animation with 6 characters in it with over 500 frames. It took him 5 days rendering 24/7 and required the help of 5 people with high end computers to finish the animation!

stoper Btw, do you suffer from long Daz loading time as well as other artist? For Ocean loading a scene took over 20 min, Mot experience the same long loading time for smaller scenes (5 min+). IT Roy even wrote a blog post about it on their website.
(If anyone is interested reading it - here is the link: )

Last edited:

Kalam_mekhar

Feb 17, 2019
Oh boy another cliché answer/reply...

Well i couldn't have said it better myself, pretty much no effort at all when you release something at 3-4 or more months... go monthly my friend and then you can talk to me about effort...
Maybe cliche but it still is true
in 9 out of 10 topics you can see people crying about speed of development
And ppl that update regularly like ntl mr.dots braindrop - i personally think theit plot is trash. So i`ll better wait.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Edoks

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
the good news is the animations, the bad news is that it might take another ten days, and the question is, how big is the rest of the update?
116 images before the last event, the last event has 130 at the moment, without counting the animation frames.

stoper Btw, do you suffer from long Daz loading time as well as other artist? For Ocean loading a scene took over 20 min, Mot experience the same long loading time for smaller scenes (5 min+). IT Roy even wrote a blog entry about it on their website.
A year or so ago, I had similar long loading issue. The scenes were generating some hidden Octane files (and I don't even use Octane). I had scenes with like 60000 files in them. But after cleaning them and updating DAZ it stopped.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
not enuf fighting, only 70 pages since late july.
There is no usual things that trigger most players.
but imagine if I'm frustrated, dear friend, the point is this, I find myself following many developers who manage by divine will to respect the two or three months of development and quality is not lacking in these products. I don't want to give examples because I would create a useless controversy that I don't want to face. where I want to get to, well I just want to say that I don't think other developers have development teams like Ubisoft or they don't have ideas or aren't artists, I just say that others do something that stoper doesn't do that is they don't postpone a game all the time, it's a planning problem that's all. stoper is very good and I am looking forward to the update too. however I speak as a sponsor of the project for which my kind of criticism is normal
It will be much more easy when you understand that you sponsor the creator,not the project.
Patreon looks like Kickstarter and Indiegogo but it's not the same thing.

umby

May 27, 2017
116 images before the last event, the last event has 130 at the moment, without counting the animation frames.

A year or so ago, I had similar long loading issue. The scenes were generating some hidden Octane files (and I don't even use Octane). I had scenes with like 60000 files in them. But after cleaning them and updating DAZ it stopped.
you are perfectly in line with the previous update (photos more photos less). We hope that the next post is not a development blog, I have nothing more to add.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I’m praying that the last event is not going to be with Connor or a female

View attachment 930324
I do not know if Conner was invited though. Anyway if Jessica will want to bring him with her i hope he will have an excuse that he can´t go so he can go and save some unfortunate civilians who are being attacked by thugs in some dark alley while Jessica is having fun on the event ( i do think he is the vigilante, could be wrong though).

After reading what i just wrote, maybe it would actually be even sexier if Conner goes with her and then she does things with the mayor or someone else behind his back.

pmano

May 10, 2020
I do not know if Conner was invited though. Anyway if Jessica will want to bring him with her i hope he will have an excuse that he can´t go so he can go and save some unfortunate civilians who are being attacked by thugs in some dark alley while Jessica is having fun on the event ( i do think he is the vigilante, could be wrong though).

After reading what i just wrote, maybe it would actually be even sexier if Conner goes with her and then she does things with the mayor or someone else behind his back.
Could Parker's old flame Rosa bring in Parker? That would set up some interesting action! ;)

umby

May 27, 2017

conner never fails with every update and I'm afraid there will be in this one too.

• Haha
Reactions: Bolero
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes