4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I get what you're saying, but you budget your time and resources when you want to start a successful business venture. Many developers have this as a side gig, and the patreon support is a nice bonus. The money is not their main motivation. stoper was very open that he works at the speed he does, and nothing will change that. He also mentioned he needs his side projects to keep him focused. As for the scammers - when you want to be dishonest, you'll always fuck over your supporters no matter what.
I'm glad Stoper has been upfront, but deadlines still serve a purpose. I'm not suggesting that he needs a drop-dead date or anything that severe, but setting deadlines and sticking to them is important no matter if it's a hobby or a profession.

I would always encourage a dev to aim for a 2 to 3 month window. Learning to scale your ambitions to fit that window is important and can save everyone unneeded stress. Earlier in this thread Stoper himself mentioned that during the last update went down the rabbit hole during the dinner scene. As he said, when he initially started to design and render the restaurant scene he anticipated it would take him a day or two. But then he started to think that it would be fun to have Jessica go under table and give her bf a blowjob. This required him to do a lot of extra work to make her fit under the table. When it was all done, he had spent "weeks" on the scene.

To me this is a major problem. While the scene ended up being great, weeks were lost on just this one scene, that's a disproportionate amount of time to spend on a scene like that.

If he were to ask me, I would encourage him to rework his development cycle. I would scale down the scope of the releases to something that he can do in 3 month. He can keep the same level of quality, but the trade off would be shorter updates in exchange for more updates.

You do realise that outside Mr.Dots and NLT and probably Braindrop,all others don't have a real shedule.
I do and it drives me crazy. I'm not trying to say that everyone needs to be on a monthly release schedule, or that there can't be wiggle room, but I look around at this cottage industry and think that there are a lot of great developers that need help managing their time and resources.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I do and it drives me crazy. I'm not trying to say that everyone needs to be on a monthly release schedule, or that there can't be wiggle room, but I look around at this cottage industry and think that there are a lot of great developers that need help managing their time and resources.
I doubt it will happen.Didn't happen in last 6 years,so I don't see it coming anytime soon.Even way bigger teams on Kickstarter constantly fail to deliver on time.In some cases with 3-4 years delay.Here we are talking for 1 guy team in 90% or even more of the games here.

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019
As always contingencies and delays might happens. I'm not a game developer but it is so hard to have an idea (more or less) of when a scene will be finished? Because like other business you should have a schedule, even an approximate one so you can at least "guess" the timing considering the amount of scenes/animations you want to add. If it takes so long to make an update ok, it's fine, but then you should communicate that from now on the updates will be released every 4/5 months instead of 3 so people will stop asking for a release date.

Jul 28, 2017
I supported this guy for 6 months, but impossible to support because there is no doubting his talent, but his massive inability to come even close to projected timeframes.....constantly, is just riddiculous.

if you look back though his history of work, you'll see delay after delay after delay. sooooo if you know what you said took you 3 months last time took 4, say, ok next update is 4 months.

But no. always further delays, further issues, just plain slow, etc etc.

The info comes and thats great, again, the reason I stopped supporting was just the constant..... this. a few renders to go, a few renders to go.

I commented 4 months ago when he said October release, see you in December, and even that now was too optimistic.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and see you in January, for the beta that will no doubt be missing something, and a further final update in late January early Feb.

L777

Feb 28, 2020

Development Blog #71

Hey, everyone.

I'm working on the last branch of the update. There should be no surprises in this one, so it shouldn't take more than a week or so to finish.
Paola will have to wait for January, I obviously won't be able to make anything there this month. But I'll send the chapter to the $10+ tiers from December when it's ready, because I should've finished it this month.

I'll try to sneak a couple Christmas pinups in the next few days.

Stay safe, and thanks for the support.
Suprise! Suprise!
Update will come next year February

umby

May 27, 2017
if you read some post on patreon, even the first goal was October. I never believed it
there is hardly anyone who works as confusingly as he is, I'm sure he is totally in good faith, but now he's turning into ridicule for a moment. for about a month he has always talked to us about the last two animations and how complicated they are, if we were to do all his complicated and long complicated work for good we should expect a very long update, longer than many other games and instead it will absolutely not be like this.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes