jojozz

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
hi, game have animations, gifs or something like this?
I tried to do a couple animations before but they didn't come out good (MC's hips moving weird) so i didn't add them. I am hoping to do some for Chapter 4. Maybe spend sometime learning to do it in blender because animating in daz is so painful
View attachment jade.mp4

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Yeah, any kind of hip thrusting is fiendishly hard to get right in Daz. To get any kind of realistic result, you have to move the hip (root) bone, which means the rest of the figure needs to move to hold itself in place realistically. You might think "Oh, I can do this with inverse kinematics!" but nooooo. Daz pretends to have inverse kinematics. You can "pin" a hand or a foot in place while you're posing the rest of the figure, but the animation will completely ignore these pins, and your figure will be jiggling around like crazy even as it moves between keyframes that have the hand/foot in the right place.

Reactions: Mint-ER# and jojozz

jojozz

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2021
Yeah, any kind of hip thrusting is fiendishly hard to get right in Daz. To get any kind of realistic result, you have to move the hip (root) bone, which means the rest of the figure needs to move to hold itself in place realistically. You might think "Oh, I can do this with inverse kinematics!" but nooooo. Daz pretends to have inverse kinematics. You can "pin" a hand or a foot in place while you're posing the rest of the figure, but the animation will completely ignore these pins, and your figure will be jiggling around like crazy even as it moves between keyframes that have the hand/foot in the right place.
The pinning is hands down the worst part and arguably the most important. Like my animation above with jade, MC's legs are moving like crazy under the camera frame despite the many pins. Also playback is so jittery, that you are forced to render a low res animation just to have an idea of how the overall loop looks. At the end of the day its all just signs that I've got to learn blender animation one way or another lol.

4.00 star(s) 41 Votes