ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Thank y'all for your patience as I've been porting this over non-stop and get closer to release every hour. I've finished porting over the ChoiceGuide to the end of Ch4 (the end of the old mod) and now testing through as many paths as quickly as possible to double-check the macros didn't bug-out any of the menu choices. Then I'll hammer out Ch5 quickly this morning. I'd like to code a proper gallery but as I work I'm debating about releasing the new mod core with the ChoiceGuide thru Ch5 for y'all then patch in the additional features that still need to be coded/tested. This will get the product in your hands faster but will obviously be missing a few planned features.
Full disclosure, I have zero idea about modding and coding. But i am genuinely curious as to what makes modding this update so complicated.
I mean especially for the WT dont u just have to add the stat changes and maybe some notes for the choices?? Or is it more complicated than that due to multiple paths?
Again I am sorry if its a stupid question but seeing how abundant WT and Gallery mods are for Ren'py games I always assumed it they were easy to make.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Full disclosure, I have zero idea about modding and coding. But i am genuinely curious as to what makes modding this update so complicated.
I mean especially for the WT dont u just have to add the stat changes and maybe some notes for the choices?? Or is it more complicated than that due to multiple paths?
Again I am sorry if its a stupid question but seeing how abundant WT and Gallery mods are for Ren'py games I always assumed it they were easy to make.
It's not stupid question, but already explained...I'm not simply updating the old mod (which would only take a few hours at most). I'm porting the whole thing over to the new mod core which is exponentially more featured and integrated. Rather than going over all of it again, have a look at my recent "Bad Memories" mod and compare that to the old mod pics for this title in its thread. Night and day. The mass work comes with the initial port, after that updates are a nothing-burger. More info and discussion on the mod for this title can be found here so as to not clutter up this thread. Regards.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
It's not stupid question, but already explained...I'm not simply updating the old mod (which would only take a few hours at most). I'm porting the whole thing over to the new mod core which is exponentially more featured and integrated. Rather than going over all of it again, have a look at my recent "Bad Memories" mod and compare that to the old mod pics for this title in its thread. Night and day. The mass work comes with the initial port, after that updates are a nothing-burger. More info and discussion on the mod for this title can be found here so as to not clutter up this thread. Regards.
That makes more sense, did not know you were porting over to a new mod core instead of just updating.
I skimmed through the mod posts and ignored the pics, bcoz pics take a lot of time to load on my VPN.
But i see its a lot more detailed now showing all the different flags( which must hell to put in due to the sheer number of them). I am assuming you can also alter the flags with the mod like BaDik mods.
Anyways take your time to update the mod and good luck with it

Cee27

Apr 26, 2020
I know the wait sucks, honestly. But I think I've been overly transparent in both this thread and the mods. There is a ton of information with dozens of pics if you desire to seek them out. If not, I understand, I know I can't please everyone and honestly I'm not really even trying to as I've always coded my mods for my use as a priority anyway, sharing some of my work is just something I like to do for the community.

Thank y'all for your patience as I've been porting this over non-stop and get closer to release every hour. I've finished porting over the ChoiceGuide to the end of Ch4 (the end of the old mod) and now testing through as many paths as quickly as possible to double-check the macros didn't bug-out any of the menu choices. Then I'll hammer out Ch5 quickly this morning. I'd like to code a proper gallery but as I work I'm debating about releasing the new mod core with the ChoiceGuide thru Ch5 for y'all then patch in the additional features that still need to be coded/tested. This will get the product in your hands faster but will obviously be missing a few planned features.

Anyway, I'll quit typing this post and get back to typing code. Again, I know waiting is a bitch but this is not your typical mod...and that's not an egotistical statement, there is a ton of Python code in the new core and it all has to be adapted to each title specifically. I'll keep y'all posted as always.

Edit: and shout out to anne O'nymous above who I truly regard as a mentor. Mad respect.
Uhm dude, I'm sorry, I was talking about a walkthrough not the mod itself, I know you're doing your best to do a great mod, but I just can't wait to check out the new update, that's why I was asking if anyone made a pdf walkthrough

Reactions: HornyGamer95

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I know the wait sucks, honestly. But I think I've been overly transparent in both this thread and the mods. There is a ton of information with dozens of pics if you desire to seek them out. If not, I understand, I know I can't please everyone and honestly I'm not really even trying to as I've always coded my mods for my use as a priority anyway, sharing some of my work is just something I like to do for the community.

Anyway, I'll quit typing this post and get back to typing code. Again, I know waiting is a bitch but this is not your typical mod...and that's not an egotistical statement, there is a ton of Python code in the new core and it all has to be adapted to each title specifically. I'll keep y'all posted as always.

Edit: and shout out to anne O'nymous above who I truly regard as a mentor. Mad respect.
Please know my abilities comment was not aimed at you. :) I appreciate the hardwork you do and am in no way trying to hurry you :)

Reactions: sava75
Nov 9, 2020
You don't HAVE to have a baby with Kane to win the Gambit, you just have to manipulate his baby. So you can choose his partner, which you think will give you the best chance to get control of the baby. That's how Olivia can win the Gambit, by choosing a partner for Kane, or having some influence, and then controlling the company through the baby.

Reactions: Innocience

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Uhm dude, I'm sorry, I was talking about a walkthrough not the mod itself, I know you're doing your best to do a great mod, but I just can't wait to check out the new update, that's why I was asking if anyone made a pdf walkthrough
The dev made one herself for 0.4 so maybe she'll do the same for this version eventually, but she's rather busy at the moment.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[Took me a long thinking time to come to this, so probably better to quote myself, than to edit my post.]

It's another possibility, effectively. The motherly relation would then be rhetorical, Kiyomi wouldn't be spying, and the description also fit her. It would also explain the interest that the Gambit Queen have for Olivia, Kane and Seth.
The more I think about it, the more it feel like the right interpretation. Confirmed, by example, by Veronica knowing that Callista is a genius. But it seem to make even more evident that the Gambit Queen isn't the 7th member of the Board ; I stand on what I said previously on that point. As a member of the Board, Callista wouldn't have left Seth in his situation.

Well, glad if I could have been of some inspiration.

Dec 28, 2019
Olivia is a long time lost, and until now unknown daughter. She's granted a Z3 rank right from the start, and put on the best position to show how she would lead the company ; even if the Board can overpass her decision, the Warden decide how the slaves are treated and how the VIPs are received.
There's no way that it happened right now just for the pleasure to reunite the family. And everyone in the Board is smart enough to understand this ; else they wouldn't be on the board.
Sure. But corporate decision-making post-Alexander prior to the Gambit was about securing a majority of votes on the Board and each Karlsson daughter had a vote on that Board. With the details of the Gambit still unknown, I can easily see the other Karlsson daughters assuming that as their sister, Olivia would be added to the Board at some point as part of their Father's Last Will/Gambit. She could have been the deciding vote that pushed the previousy 3-3 Board split in their direction. So the last thing they wanted to do was alienate a future board member. Furthermore, she had no allies as far as most of the Board members were aware, and was placed in a not quite equal position as a Z3 compared to their all being Z4's.

It wasn't until Dominique learned that Veronica was backing Olivia that Dominique started seeing Olivia as a real threat as opposed to a theoretical one. And it wasn't until Dominique shared that information with Juliette that Juliette became concerned too.

What the intent is, and what the result will be are two different things.
But it's clear that, "hey the best male candidate is the half brother of the new female candidate", come like a benediction for the other daughters.
Half brother? It looks pretty clear at this point that they aren't biologically related at all.

The goal of the Gambit is to have the perfect grandson, and everyone know that an incestuous inbreeding can lead to the exact opposite result.
So which parent do you somehow believe they share?

This would compromise the Gambit, something that the Board wouldn't permit.
Sure, but it's pretty clear now that they're not biologically related.

Of course, the male winner can be someone else than Kane
There is no other potential male "winner" other than Kane aside from maybe Seth, but I consider that unlikely at this point given the way the Karlsson Group has treated him. I have no idea why you even think it's possible for there to be a different male winner. The game is pretty clear about why Kane is important to the Gambit. The winner will be either Kane, the Karlsson daughter he impregnates, or the two of them together.

, what would put Olivia back in the race. But she would then be far behind the others, supposedly too far to win.
No it wouldn't. Those other men wouldn't have Callista's genes.

I haven't forgot them. It's just that Yvette don't know who Olivia's mother is.
It doesn't matter if Yvette knows or not. It was pointed out that Yvette backs her daughter Veronica, and Veronica backs Olivia.

Otherwise Veronica wouldn't have talked by innuendo, when she warned Elena to not interfere in favor of her daughter.
Veronica was clearly expecting the contents of their discussion to be leaked. So either Yvette is known to be a bit of a gossip or Veronica was aware of the room being bugged, probably by Dominique, since she's the one who reacted afterward.

After being so direct during all the discussion, it would be ridiculous to suddenly be subtle if anyone in the room knew what this part was about.
As for the Gambit Queen, we only assume that she's the 7th member, and your own assumption even make her unlikely to be it (see below). So far only Veronica's mother is a member of the board, while Elena isn't supposed to be the mother of a daughter. Therefore, the last member can be anyone else.
I never said that it was certain that Callista is the 7th Board member, I simply listed it as a possibility. If Callista isn't the unnamed 7th Board member, than internal security inside of the Karlsson Group has been heavily compromised.

She's the one who offered a distraction to her main rival, it's not the same.
While Juliette will focus on Olivia, fueled by her hate for Veronica, she'll not try to counter Dominique's attempts. And in this play, Juliette is the one that have the most to loose, not Olivia. It's Juliette that might go too far, what would raise Veronica's wrath, whatever if she succeed or not, since Olivia is her favorite. This while Olivia wouldn't risk to goes aggressively against one of the four daughters until her own position is assured ; unlike Juliette, she isn't a member of the Board, therefore she know from start that it wouldn't end well.
Add to this an important point, the way she pointed to Olivia. Dominique is not as smart as Veronica, but she's smart enough to explain why Olivia is a threat for Juliette. Instead, she used Veronica, knowing perfectly how she'll react. Juliette hate Veronica so much, that she's now blind to anything else ; hell, she even forgot about her building orgasm ! It's clearly Juliette that have been removed from the Gambit here, not Olivia.
But anyway Dominique wouldn't care to have another rival, as long as it's a fair game. But it's not, and this is Dominique greatest concern ; not Olivia, but what she is, Veronica's favorite. Simply because it remove all fairness in the Gambit.
I pretty much agree with you entirely here. I'd add that Dominique may also feel a bit betrayed as it's been implied that Veronica had previously been favoring her. Veronica's prior support for Dominique may also be why Juliette appears to have a grudge against her.

In the end, with a single visit to her sister, Dominique solved three problems.
Juliette will focus on Olivia instead of plotting against her, and she'll doing it fueled by her hate, so without caution. This while Veronica will focus on Olivia, in order to protect her from Juliette, and so be less attentive to Dominique ; what put back some balance to the Gambit.
As for Olivia, she'll be in the middle of a viper nest, to busy to really care about something else. Bonus point, Juliette being really extreme, there's chance that it disgust Olivia as much as it disgust Dominique. What could lead Olivia to decide that teaming with Dominique is the best way to stop Juliette.
Yep. We're in agreement on this one.

Are you sure ?

Dominique have a high morality level. Of course, she's ready to pay the price if it's needed, but she'll always consider all options prior to this. As Kwame said, he wouldn't had survived if his life was in the hands of any other one of the daughters. She choose the human solution, where the others would have chosen the practical one.
Yes, but the private conversation between her and a dom Kane in 0.5 was kind of sad. She appeared to be having a bit of an existential crisis. It's certainly possible she was faking it, but Dominique suggesting she was thinking about quitting her struggle to improve the world which has gone nowhere to focus on her own pleasure instead was a little depressing.

Then come Alessandra, who's a switch in terms of morality. A nice girl who dream of a lovely family, what would have put her above Dominique in term of morality if she haven't been corrupted by the cold heart of her father. She see herself as the softest in the family, but also feel totally unfit in it, what make her give to some sadism, in order to not feel excluded. Like she said, unlike Dominique she like some noise when being serviced, but unlike what Veronica or Juliette would have done, she didn't made Kane be the one suffering. She appreciate the suffering, but if would have been cruel to make the one servicing her also be the one who suffer ; at least when it's possible to do otherwise.
Alessandra is arguably the biggest sadist of the bunch, but she's not impulsive, nor does she engage in bullying power plays like Juliette. Juliette may humiliate, physically torture and kill her victims, but similar to Katsumi, Alessandra gets in their heads and breaks their minds and spirits even as she breaks their bodies. On the plus side she seems to confine her extreme sadism to designated expendables and those who have ticked her off. She's sweet to those she likes, or at least appears to like. Heck, she even talks sweetly to those she's torturing but that sweet talk doesn't stop her from torturing them.

After that come Veronica, that is the most neutral person in the room. It get what it get to reach an objective ; the end justify the means, period. If it's better to do it without harm, it will be. But if it need to walk on some corpse, she'll not hesitate a single second.
I would say that Alessandra is just as much "the ends justify the means" as Veronica. It's just that Alessandra is more comfortable with expressing her emotions. Veronica on the other hand has an unemotional facade. Both are highly calculated in the evil they do. Neither is the sort to engage in random or completely whimsical acts of violence or murder like Juliette.

And finally come Juliette, the most selfish evil queen. Her desire come first, anything else doesn't matter. And she'll always give the priority to the most cruel way to achieve her goals. As Dominique said, it's surprising that one of her slave survived one whole year. Do as it please her, or die, there's no in between with her.
Juliette is the most impulsively evil of the bunch. The others put more thought into the evil they do. Veronica and Allesandra do evil whenever they believe there is sufficient benefit to it. Dominique does the minimum amount of evil she can get away with and still maintain her position.

It's another possibility, effectively. The motherly relation would then be rhetorical, Kiyomi wouldn't be spying, and the description also fit her. It would also explain the interest that the Gambit Queen have for Olivia, Kane and Seth. But then that would imply that the Gambit Queen isn't part of the Board. Of course, she's would then be a founder member of the Karlsson Group, but keeping her seat after what she did would be strange.
Plus, as a member of the Board, she would have had more money. That she don't used it to raise her children, I'm ok with it. It's by having lived this youth, that Olivia is now the best fit for the leading seat ; unlike the four daughters who always lived at the top and so built less empathy. But letting Seth in his state without using of her position feel cruel, the total opposite of Callista.
It also don't fit the "her" everyone use while, apparently, referring to the last member. They (almost) all have a high opinion of Callista, why would they also fear her ? This especially apply to the meeting between Veronica, Elena and Yvette, where they (relatively speaking) longly praised Callista, but don't want to talk about "her".

Reason why she fit more the point above. But as I said, your point of view is also a valid one, and is more backed up by the story.
Thank you.

Or, said otherwise, they would effectively pursue Alexander's dream ; the one Callista and him shared before he died for the first time, not physically, but "psychologically". It's even possible that Alexander himself was an active part of this scheme. While it wasn't enough to, hmm, "save his soul", Callista defection could have been enough to make him understand that himself can't pursue it, and that he have to pass this dream to the next generation.
Yep, this is one of the puzzles of the game. I'm leaning this way too.

Last edited:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
are we going to be able to surface with the MC / Male and his sister to be in the light and not corrupted
Sure would be nice to be able to get rid of all the daughters of alexander and them be replaced by an Olivia / Male MC couple

Reactions: Mister_M

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
With the details of the Gambit still unknown, I can easily see the other Karlsson daughters assuming that as their sister, Olivia would be added to the Board at some point as part of their Father's Last Will/Gambit.
No, just no. Olivia replacing someone is a possibility, and obviously it would change the balance of the vote. But there's just no way for Olivia to be added to the Board. It would lead to an even number of members, what is a big "no" ; at least until someone come in position to have a decisive vote.

She could have been the deciding vote that pushed the previousy 3-3 Board split in their direction.
There's already a deciding vote since the Board have an odd number of members. The tie and unknown last vote are here to serve the story ; "it's an undecided situation and the final choice will be yours".

But here, there's an assumption that shouldn't be made. It's that the two questions, "who will be the parents of Alexander's grandson" (the part of the Gambit we know about), and "who will be the next CEO of the Karlsson Group" (the vote), are necessarily linked. While talking about the Gambit, Veronica made clear that if Kane is worthy of power, he shall have the company, and that in the case he isn't, he will be nothing but a slave of the mother holding true power. Both make the fight for the succession totally useless.

If you take care to Veronica actions, in her mind it's clear that, if he's worthy, it's Kane that will decide of the winner, not a vote.
When talking one to one with him, she offered herself, as are doing Dominique and Juliette in the same situation. For Dominique and Juliette, the goal is obvious. Having Callista son with them is a step forward to the victory. But for Veronica it have another meaning, because she's not running for the seat of her father ; she offered herself as an option, and if Kane decide it, she'll be the winner.
It's less clear if Kane is not worthy, but I doubt that even in this case it would be decided by a vote. At least not as Dominique and Juliette imagine it. It would be an error to believe that Olivia, Kane and Seth are here only to be tested. They also are here as tests for the others. I guess that this especially apply to Seth, but it don't exclude Olivia and Kane.

It wasn't until Dominique learned that Veronica was backing Olivia that Dominique started seeing Olivia as a real threat as opposed to a theoretical one.
Because she made a strategical error by lack of knowledge. Unaware that she is about the grandson part (it's only Veronica, Yvette, Elena, the Gambit Queen and the players, who know this), she can't imagine that Veronica is pursuing two different goals ; backing Olivia for the grandson, and Dominique for the lead of the group.

Half brother? It looks pretty clear at this point that they aren't biologically related at all.
As player you know that. Veronica, Elena and the Gambit Queen, especially if you're right about her identity, know that. But anyone else in the game, including the board members, are totally convinced that Kane is Olivia's half-brother. And when I say everyone, it include Olivia. She know that Seth and her aren't related, but clearly said that she don't know if it's because she isn't Callista's daughter, or if it's Seth who isn't.

Listen to all of them, not a single one doubt about this. Even Juliette don't know. Among everyone, she's the most likely to use this information. She love to humiliate. Throwing, in the middle of her threats, "oh, by the way, Kane isn't even your real brother", would have been a perfect argument here. It would have proved the superiority of her power, since she have an information that even Veronica's favorite don't have ; and this superiority would have gave way more strength to her threat. Yet she said nothing. Why, except because she just don't know ?

It's more than probable that all the Z ranked know about Seth, but they still haven't figured what it imply, still believing the information as it was provided, "Seth isn't related to Olivia" ; what let uncertain if Olivia is related to Kane or not. Then, with this information, what is the most probable from their point of view ?
Is it that Olivia, known daughter of Alexander, and supposedly first child of the only woman Alexander truly loved and worshiped, is adopted, or is it that it's the so unhealthy child of the so caring Callista that was adopted ?

I have no idea why you even think it's possible for there to be a different male winner.
Simply because I don't project my knowledge on the characters' mind.

It's only you, as player, who know that there's only one possible male winner. But for all characters, except Veronica, the Gambit Queen, and now both Elena and Yvette, the current batch of slaves is here to decide who will be the mate of the future CEO. And from their point of view, with the knowledge they have, it can be anyone of them. Alessandra, Dominique and perhaps also Juliette, have a preference for Kane, because they know he's Callista son, and this could give them an advantage, but that's all.

Take Dominique by example. On the slave route, she wouldn't have pressed Kane to be tough from the outside, whatever how submissive he can be in the bedroom, if she knew that he'll win even if he's not worthy. It's even more visible on the K5/K6 route, where she ask him to win Veronica's support. It's not just to gain back this support for herself, it's also with the intend to make him climb the ladder and ensure that he'll be the winner.
The same apply for Juliette, once again on the slave route. As cruel as she is, if she knew how precious he is, she would have tried to train him, instead of trying to break him by demoting him to K3, with the clear intent to totally forget about him.
But it can be assumed that Alessandra have at least some suspicion regarding Kane real role. This because she's really the one that make the more effort to charm him. What could perhaps be an answer to your question regarding her goal. While Dominique and Juliette fight to the lead of the group, she could be simply making her way to the very top, the effective control of the group ; because once again, one do not necessarily imply the other.

Veronica was clearly expecting the contents of their discussion to be leaked. So either Yvette is known to be a bit of a gossip or Veronica was aware of the room being bugged, probably by Dominique, since she's the one who reacted afterward.
Veronica made clear that among what she said there were information that can be leaked, and information that can't.
Anyway, as Yvette said, if Juliette knew about this, she would already be raping Kane. And there's no doubt that it's what she would do. Yet, on the slave route she had him in her room after the meeting, and didn't tried. The chastity cage wouldn't have been a problem, she's a board member, Delilah would provide the key if asked to ; what wouldn't be difficult, since Delilah was here.

I never said that it was certain that Callista is the 7th Board member, I simply listed it as a possibility.
I quote you: "[...] and the mysterious Gambit Queen who is very probably the 7th as yet undisclosed Karlsson board member."
"Very probably" is more than a possibility.

If Callista isn't the unnamed 7th Board member, than internal security inside of the Karlsson Group has been heavily compromised.
Callista was a founder member. She's the only person, with Veronica, that Alexander ever trusted. She had at least one child with the only male who ever reached a Z rank. And she was able to hide from the Karlsson group for a very long time ; hiding so well that everyone except Veronica seem to believe in her death. She surely still have her way inside the Group and probably some loyal persons among the elders.
Replacing a deaf cleaner by one that hear perfectly isn't something really difficult. Not only they are totally masked, and so pretty anonymous, but anyway I'm sure that Veronica don't even look at them.

There's also the meetings. The mask are obviously here to keep the mystery for the players, since themselves know perfectly who is the other. But the recluses places for the meetings between two members of the Board, really ?
They all live near one to the others and have many occasions, and reasons, to meet every day. Plus, the masked daughter achieved to reach Kane bedroom, enter it, and leave something for him, without being noticed. It wouldn't be difficult for her to meet the Gambit Queen in her home if she was a member of the Board.
Therefore, why meeting in recluses places, where it would be suspicious if they are caught, when they have so much possibilities to meet without raising any suspicion ?

Yes, but the private conversation between her and a dom Kane in 0.5 was kind of sad. She appeared to be having a bit of an existential crisis. It's certainly possible she was faking it, but Dominique suggesting she was thinking about quitting her struggle to improve the world which has gone nowhere to focus on her own pleasure instead was a little depressing.
And what if she was both sincere and faking it ?
Sincere because yes, she pass much of her time caring about the other, and with such sisters she can wonder if she isn't missing something they have in their selfish life. But also faking, because she wanted to test Kane, and see if he can be a good fit for her ?
As I said, so far what she know about the situation is that the male and female winner will end together. She support him for who his mother is, but what she expect from her future husband goes further than pure entertainment ; she have an endless supply of slaves for that.

Alessandra is arguably the biggest sadist of the bunch, but she's not impulsive, nor does she engage in bullying power plays like Juliette. [...] She's sweet to those she likes, or at least appears to like. Heck, she even talks sweetly to those she's torturing but that sweet talk doesn't stop her from torturing them.
She's not impulsive specifically because she have a higher morality sense than Juliette. She's sadist, but not cruel, that why she can have a sweet even for someone she's torturing. Unless she's doing it because she think they deserve the wrath of her justice, she genuinely assume that they are enjoying it as much as her.
She probably only need a (relatively) small push to be put on the light side, and only express her sadism on person who are effectively masochist.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
You don't HAVE to have a baby with Kane to win the Gambit, you just have to manipulate his baby. So you can choose his partner, which you think will give you the best chance to get control of the baby. That's how Olivia can win the Gambit, by choosing a partner for Kane, or having some influence, and then controlling the company through the baby.
Quote or source please

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
Regarding the supposedly deaf cleaner, these renders indicate that this guy could hear them. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to know when Veronica dropped her shoe and then go to lick her foot. Veronica even looked at him briefly but ignored and carried on.
Hmm... I am liking this little minor theory that Veronica fooled Elene and Yvette into thinking there is a deaf cleaner in the room when he isn't deaf and is a spy. It may not be true but Veronica acting like she is super-evil to gain intel on board members seems very true to her character and to her relationship with her mother (who is Yvette, in case anyone missed it)

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Super duper busy with something else, but greatly enjoyed reading all of this!

Some people in this thread are far smarter than I in exploring narrative/character motivation! I thought I could be clever and subtle about some things, but maybe not as much as I thought, haha!

I hate giving answers, but always don't mind giving more questions:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I had a lot more to say, but I have to rest! Perhaps later, hope everyone is having fun! Sorry if it doesn't make perfect sense, very imperfect response and not read it over carefully before hitting send, lol.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Hmm... I am liking this little minor theory that Veronica fooled Elene and Yvette into thinking there is a deaf cleaner in the room when he isn't deaf and is a spy. It may not be true but Veronica acting like she is super-evil to gain intel on board members seems very true to her character and to her relationship with her mother (who is Yvette, in case anyone missed it)
I hope this theory is right too,it makes Veronica look a lot less super cruel!

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
"Who is Kiyomi spying for? Or was it just protection? Something else? Is it strange to anyone that someone with her skill is not promoted formally, but her sister is now?"

Yes Kiyomi is worked to death and her sister who does next to nothing gets promoted big time! Poor Kiyomi is even made to take Kane to the warden by Delilah at the end! Who is the boss?. She needs to join a union.

4.40 star(s) 147 Votes