Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Good on you for letting people know here. (y)
It's kind of you to say so. Further to this, Tess can make public posts but backers are not alerted when these are made. The best thing is to occasionally check out either the game's Discord roadmap channel or the Patreon page for any new public updates until such time as someone posts any new information here or this is fixed and the comms are working properly again.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just a part of Patreon experience below -- just sharing it in case Patrons don't see my updated message (hiding privacy with name of support staff, etc.) Hopefully, this will sorted soon, I was very happy doing the right thing not charging for April but then it causes issues, ah well. Another dev I know that also paused billing has same issue, not sure how widespread, but it's awful for someone that's still a Patron but gets locked out of posts. Working on it. :(

Not checking actively here, hard in work mode.

I will include the two adult images I posted on Discord too as I feel bad I can't even post a proper preview right now.

pre8.jpg
----------

Thank you for taking the time to write in and report this to the team.

I looked into this for you, and this does appear to be a glitch on our end. While I’m unable to fix this for you right now, I’ve shared your report with our engineering team so we can further investigate this issue.

We've received a few reports similar to yours and our team is currently investigating this.

I’m unable to provide an exact timeline for when this might be fixed, but I’ll be here to help if you notice any changes or have any other questions in the meantime.

However your case is on hold and I'll be here to provide you all my assistance!

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. e6sgr30.jpg

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Just a part of Patreon experience below -- just sharing it in case Patrons don't see my updated message (hiding privacy with name of support staff, etc.) Hopefully, this will sorted soon, I was very happy doing the right thing not charging for April but then it causes issues, ah well. Another dev I know that also paused billing has same issue, not sure how widespread, but it's awful for someone that's still a Patron but gets locked out of posts. Working on it. :(
I'm happy to report the patreon page seems to be working properly and I can see the old posts again.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I really love Veronica's character in this game, but am a little bit sad that there is no fan sig for her.

Anyone who is feels pretty competent with doing GFX artwork be willing to do a Veronica fan sig for me (I actually love Lady Aspen's work with her fan sigs, but actually anyone who feels they're up to the task and are experienced in handling GFX will do)?

I did make a request of this in the GFX Request thread (late March), but noone seemed interested in taking it, so thought I might have better luck in the game's thread.

Basically:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
I really love Veronica's character in this game, but am a little bit sad that there is no fan sig for her.

Anyone who is feels pretty competent with doing GFX artwork be willing to do a Veronica fan sig for me (I actually love Lady Aspen's work with her fan sigs, but actually anyone who feels they're up to the task and are experienced in handling GFX will do)?

I did make a request of this in the GFX Request thread (late March), but noone seemed interested in taking it, so thought I might have better luck in the game's thread.

Basically:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I got my Kiyomi sig done by Lady Aspen. It took about 8 days between the request and the delivery. Maybe bump that request once more? It could have slipped between the cracks.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I got my Kiyomi sig done by Lady Aspen. It took about 8 days between the request and the delivery. Maybe bump that request once more? It could have slipped between the cracks.
It seems like someone already took the request and uploaded the fan sig.
It's just that I didn't know since I didn't get a reply to my request saying it's being taken.

But it's kinda my fault for not checking the GFX thread again afterwards (slaps own head in shame).

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Tess had a pretty fun revelation on her patreon that each mask in the intro represents a character in the game. Only ones she gave us is pink= olivia and double faced silver=kane. Any speculation as to who the others are. Fun exercise to speculate about as we get closer to this release date
chess6.jpeg

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Tess had a pretty fun revelation on her patreon that each mask in the intro represents a character in the game. Only ones she gave us is pink= olivia and double faced silver=kane. Any speculation as to who the others are. Fun exercise to speculate about as we get closer to this release date
View attachment 1745122
I have had fun discussing this with another backer but I don't know them all. I'll kick things off with a couple. The pair of masks to the right (one black, one cream) are possibly Juliette and Dominique and the crying mask is likely to be Seth. I can make a stab at most of the others but other people might like to have a go first. A couple are tricky. The small mask on the lower right is a bit of a mystery to me and IIRC those on the top left seem new.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
I have had fun discussing this with another backer but I don't know them all. I'll kick things off with a couple. The pair of masks to the right (one black, one cream) are possibly Juliette and Dominique and the crying mask is likely to be Seth. I can make a stab at most of the others but other people might like to have a go first. A couple are tricky. The small mask on the lower right is a bit of a mystery to me and IIRC those on the top left seem new.
Could the lower right mask be Kiyomi ?

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Any speculation as to who the others are.
Oh boy, this is tricky. I'm going to take a shot here. I have no idea about the origins, cultural or societal implications that could be inferred from the mask types or if they're even relevant.
Also Spoilers - be warned!

First the basics:
There are 14 different masks in total thus far.
If there is intent in the size, appearance, placement and proximity of masks to another that could form a good basis to speculate. I think that's practically confirmed when you look at the creme and dark ones and relate it to the actions of Dominique and Juliet within the respective episodes; notably the team-up.
Speculatations are roughly listed in order of descending confidence:
  • The pink mask, first introduced in ep 3, is Olivia as has been given by Tess. I think the butterflies are noteworthy since we see another mask with the same motif.
  • The double mask, first introduced in ep 3, is Kane as stated by Tess. I'm torn why it is a double - either to signify two sides (his dom vs. sub paths or his two origins) or the mask stands in for both Kane and Seth (which I find less likely).
  • The creme mask always close to the black mask, both first introduced in ep 3, are Juliet and Dominique respectively. I go by the color to match their hairs, Dominique seems to favor darker outfits and Juliet lighter ones, but they could be the other way round. Doesn't really matter. The aforementioned events of the team-up and how those are reflected in the ep 5 title card strongly hint to the two.
  • The red white rose mask, practically the symbol of the game, is either Grym Gudinna or the Gambit Queen. That's mostly based on the prevalance, size and thus importance placed upon it. Notice how the mask is layered behind Olivia's in the ep 6 title card which suggests to me that person will directly steer, support or secretly act through Olivia in the upcoming episode. I favor the idea that the mask is Grym Gudinna based on an end card of ep 1 that has "Grym Gudinna" written and surrounded by the mask and a heart in the thank you message.
    • Whichever pseudonym applies: I also suggest that it is Callista based on three points. Firstly the sheer size of the mask goes well with the importance of Callista as the central figure (the protagonists mother, Olivia's teacher, Karlsson's true desire and central mystery figure with a dark past). Secondly the white rose as a symbol of purity, innocence (not as strong as a white lilium but still prevalent) that fits her description as the one "good" person in the company. Thirdly the ep 6 and its position directly behind Olivia which might imply her motherly influence in shaping Olivia to be the crafty politician she is today.
  • The half mask, butterfly mask and feathered mask are all new to the ep 6 intro so given the other preview images I suspect at least one of those to belong to some DeKock member, one to a VIP and another that could go to either. There's also a slight chance the butterfly mask and Olivia's butterflies share some connection.
  • The golden, ornate mask first introduced in ep 3 is always seen close to Olivia from ep 4 onwards. I have to fit Elena somewhere, so I suggest this represents her.
Now it gets really tricky.
  • The jester mask, first seen in ep 3, could be either Veronica or Alessandra. Its distance to every other actor across the episodes is noteworthy. Also the mask appearing in the eye of the red white rose mask is striking. Following my thoughts on the red white rose mask being Callista and recalling the conversation on the boat in ep 5 this mask could only be Veronica's.
  • The porcelain, asian looking mask, first introduced in ep 3, is probably Kiyomi. But that's only weakly based on the asian vibe I'm getting from the mask and the scept like handle coming from its chin. Kiyomi is the "muscle"; your capable right hand woman you direct like a scept towards the problem you want to have fixed.
  • The flamboyant, red rosed, hatted mask, first seen in ep 3, is always in close proximity of the asian looking mask. Since I've given that one to Kiyomi, this mask could be either Kazumi or Delilah. I'm undecided but give a slight edge to it being Delilah simply because her lore so far seems to hold more potential for further backstory and intrigue with the DeKocks.
  • The shrouded, golden mask, first introduced in ep 2 and curiously missing in ep 3, could be either Veronica or Alessandra. I give this one to Alessandra by process of elimination.
  • The blood crying mask could be Nathan based on the ep 1 ending cards. Nathan gets a specific mask to his quote while the previous slaves get the same generic variant. However, the mask holds more relevance as it is one of only three masks to appear in episode 2 alongside the shrouded, golden and red white rose mask.
P.S. If you're correct Vlahurg1 and the blood crying mask is indeed Seth my predictions in the lower list no longer make sense. Also; if that's true we can expect Seth to take on a much bigger role in the future.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Oh boy, this is tricky. I'm going to take a shot here. I have no idea about the origins, cultural or societal implications that could be inferred from the mask types or if they're even relevant.
Also Spoilers - be warned!

First the basics:
There are 14 different masks in total thus far.
If there is intent in the size, appearance, placement and proximity of masks to another that could form a good basis to speculate. I think that's practically confirmed when you look at the creme and dark ones and relate it to the actions of Dominique and Juliet within the respective episodes; notably the team-up.
Speculatations are roughly listed in order of descending confidence:
  • The pink mask, first introduced in ep 3, is Olivia as has been given by Tess. I think the butterflies are noteworthy since we see another mask with the same motif.
  • The double mask, first introduced in ep 3, is Kane as stated by Tess. I'm torn why it is a double - either to signify two sides (his dom vs. sub paths or his two origins) or the mask stands in for both Kane and Seth (which I find less likely).
  • The creme mask always close to the black mask, both first introduced in ep 3, are Juliet and Dominique respectively. I go by the color to match their hairs, Dominique seems to favor darker outfits and Juliet lighter ones, but they could be the other way round. Doesn't really matter. The aforementioned events of the team-up and how those are reflected in the ep 5 title card strongly hint to the two.
  • The red white rose mask, practically the symbol of the game, is either Grym Gudinna or the Gambit Queen. That's mostly based on the prevalance, size and thus importance placed upon it. Notice how the mask is layered behind Olivia's in the ep 6 title card which suggests to me that person will directly steer, support or secretly act through Olivia in the upcoming episode. I favor the idea that the mask is Grym Gudinna based on an end card of ep 1 that has "Grym Gudinna" written and surrounded by the mask and a heart in the thank you message.
    • Whichever pseudonym applies: I also suggest that it is Callista based on three points. Firstly the sheer size of the mask goes well with the importance of Callista as the central figure (the protagonists mother, Olivia's teacher, Karlsson's true desire and central mystery figure with a dark past). Secondly the white rose as a symbol of purity, innocence (not as strong as a white lilium but still prevalent) that fits her description as the one "good" person in the company. Thirdly the ep 6 and its position directly behind Olivia which might imply her motherly influence in shaping Olivia to be the crafty politician she is today.
  • The half mask, butterfly mask and feathered mask are all new to the ep 6 intro so given the other preview images I suspect at least one of those to belong to some DeKock member, one to a VIP and another that could go to either. There's also a slight chance the butterfly mask and Olivia's butterflies share some connection.
  • The golden, ornate mask first introduced in ep 3 is always seen close to Olivia from ep 4 onwards. I have to fit Elena somewhere, so I suggest this represents her.
Now it gets really tricky.
  • The jester mask, first seen in ep 3, could be either Veronica or Alessandra. Its distance to every other actor across the episodes is noteworthy. Also the mask appearing in the eye of the red white rose mask is striking. Following my thoughts on the red white rose mask being Callista and recalling the conversation on the boat in ep 5 this mask could only be Veronica's.
  • The porcelain, asian looking mask, first introduced in ep 3, is probably Kiyomi. But that's only weakly based on the asian vibe I'm getting from the mask and the scept like handle coming from its chin. Kiyomi is the "muscle"; your capable right hand woman you direct like a scept towards the problem you want to have fixed.
  • The flamboyant, red rosed, hatted mask, first seen in ep 3, is always in close proximity of the asian looking mask. Since I've given that one to Kiyomi, this mask could be either Kazumi or Delilah. I'm undecided but give a slight edge to it being Delilah simply because her lore so far seems to hold more potential for further backstory and intrigue with the DeKocks.
  • The shrouded, golden mask, first introduced in ep 2 and curiously missing in ep 3, could be either Veronica or Alessandra. I give this one to Alessandra by process of elimination.
  • The blood crying mask could be Nathan based on the ep 1 ending cards. Nathan gets a specific mask to his quote while the previous slaves get the same generic variant. However, the mask holds more relevance as it is one of only three masks to appear in episode 2 alongside the shrouded, golden and red white rose mask.
P.S. If you're correct Vlahurg1 and the blood crying mask is indeed Seth my predictions in the lower list no longer make sense. Also; if that's true we can expect Seth to take on a much bigger role in the future.
Some super interesting ideas there and I agree with much of it. Where I disagree is that Nathan is the crying mask as I don't think he's going to be as important as Seth will be and the mask is very much in Kane and Olivia's orbit. Even so, your lower list still works well if I'm right. I'm inclined to think the pair to the left of Kane are Kiyomi with Katsumi (rather than Delilah) while the jester mask is Veronica (perhaps having a quieter time this episode) and that low down golden one its own is Alessandra who seems to be a bit of a dark horse. I'm still a bit unsure about that last one though. The upper list looks pretty solid, and I wonder if Delilah may be one of the new trio of masks as I agree she's likely to have a larger role in the story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Innocience

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Reckon it would be unfair to pose a question and not attempt to answer it. I shall answer it in parts

So heres my theory so far
1.Pink- Olivia (given)
2.double face- Kane. I believe the mask is tragedy and comedy. Basically a hint that he controls his own destiny also given.
3.Blood tears - seth others have given a better reason then I have.
4.Orange hidden mask- kyomi (placement on the picture by seth, hidden face -fts with her m.o.)
5. Half pink mask- Elena ( Placement on picture, half pink symbolizing her relationship to Olivia)
6. Dark mask - Juliette
7. Light mask- Dominique these two could be interchangeable basically I believe those two are aligning with one another so they're close
8. gold mask- Callista (placement on picture, mother watching over her kids)
9. red hat veronica ( closest sister to kane based on previous speculation
10. Mask with the glasses- Alessandra (aligned with veronica. Seems to be watching like her character does).

All I got for now. Will have to sleep on the other 4

Reactions: Maviarab

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Some super interesting ideas there and I agree with much of it. Where I disagree is that Nathan is the crying mask as I don't think he's going to be as important as Seth will be and the mask is very much in Kane and Olivia's orbit. Even so, your lower list still works well if I'm right. I'm inclined to think the pair to the left of Kane are Kiyomi with Katsumi (rather than Delilah) while the jester mask is Veronica (perhaps having a quieter time this episode) and that low down golden one its own is Alessandra who seems to be a bit of a dark horse. I'm still a bit unsure about that last one though. The upper list looks pretty solid, and I wonder if Delilah may be one of the new trio of masks as I agree she's likely to have a larger role in the story.
Delilah,you could be right.But she had a big role in part 5.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Reckon it would be unfair to pose a question and not attempt to answer it. I shall answer it in parts

So heres my theory so far
1.Pink- Olivia (given)
2.double face- Kane. I believe the mask is tragedy and comedy. Basically a hint that he controls his own destiny also given.
3.Blood tears - seth others have given a better reason then I have.
4.Orange hidden mask- kyomi (placement on the picture by seth, hidden face -fts with her m.o.)
5. Half pink mask- Elena ( Placement on picture, half pink symbolizing her relationship to Olivia)
6. Dark mask - Juliette
7. Light mask- Dominique these two could be interchangeable basically I believe those two are aligning with one another so they're close
8. gold mask- Callista (placement on picture, mother watching over her kids)
9. red hat veronica ( closest sister to kane based on previous speculation
10. Mask with the glasses- Alessandra (aligned with veronica. Seems to be watching like her character does).

All I got for now. Will have to sleep on the other 4
While I've previously agreed with the idea that Kiyomi and Katsumi are the masks to the left of Kane, I do wonder if the joker and the orange hidden mask are actually meant to be them. The size of the masks next to Kane seem similar to the Juliette and Dominique pair, making me think this is Alessandra and Veronica. Their placement in previous mask screens makes that plausible too. The other masks are smaller, fitting with K and K's lesser role in the story. That they get masks at all means they're important, but the size may mean something. I am not sure which of the smaller masks go with Kiyomi or Katsumi though. The joker seems the more obvious choice for Katsumi, but the Episode 5 mask graphic has the joker mask in the eye of the big red mask that some (me included) think is the Gambit Queen. As you will recall, there's the second GQ and ninja scene where Kiyomi is watching.

I think your 8 is Elena as in the Episode 4 graphic she's with Olivia, and for Episode 5's image, she's still with her, but by the end of 0.5 has taken Kane aside to mark her interest in him.

You have some cool ideas, so keep them coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: MilesEdgeworth

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
One other point for my idea, is the mask is near Seth mask.
I'm now thinking the masks to Kane's left are Veronica and Alessandra as they're a similar size to the Dominique and Juliette masks (implying similar importance for all the sisters) while the smaller joker and the hidden masks might better go with the Kiyomi and Katsumi. For those last two, I'm not sure which mask goes with which. The joker seems appropriate for Katsumi, but I can convince myself it's Kiyomi if the joker represents a game changing wild card rather than a chaotic personality (compared to Kiyomi).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kxca

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
I'm now thinking the masks to Kane's left are Veronica and Alessandra as they're a similar size to the Dominique and Juliette masks (implying similar importance for all the sisters) while the smaller joker and the hidden masks might better go with the Kiyomi and Katsumi. For those last two, I'm not sure which mask goes with which. The joker seems appropriate for Katsumi, but I can convince myself it's Kiyomi if the joker represents a game changing wild card rather than a chaotic personality (compared to Kiyomi).
I like Katsumi as the joker.She is playing a lot of games with different people.(never mind her game show!)

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I like Katsumi as the joker.She is playing a lot of games with different people.(never mind her game show!)
I can't wait for the game show to c how tristed Tess makes it. The darker the better. Concerning the mask, I gonna wait and c

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes