Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
I know all this, but how do these statements support the "fact" that Alexander Karlsson was once an inmate of this prison and then co-founded his own company? I think Patricia was talking about someone else.
i never said he was an inmate. I said, he was a progam participant during the first gambit.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How many male Board members do we know? I know 2. If you want to believe there was an unknown male board member in the past, in this female driven setting. So be it, i wont stop you.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stan5851

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
i never said he was an inmate. I said, he was a progam participant during the first gambit.

How many male Board members do we know? I know 2. If you want to believe there was an unknown male board member in the past, in this female driven setting. So be it, i wont stop you.
It's all interesting and there are things said (I won't say facts yet) that support the theory. I could tell you anything, doesn't make it a fact though does it?

But given he founded the company along with others (and another male btw, Kanes probable father)....then the question is...why? It makes little sense. Why did Cole not have to participate? I'm of the opinion that her commentary could be more about how hard he had to battle to become the sole head of the company. Remember, from everything we know (from multiple people), Alexander used to be a decent person (we don't know his exact personality) but if he was once a little meek, he could have been trampled under foot by some women for sure. We know Cole left the company at some point, if Alexander was the sole male left...just a different perspective.

This is also Alessandra and Pat telling us this information, two well known snakes and factual liars....one of which definitely has an agenda and one which does and says exactly what the other tells her to do. Now again, as a character, I quite like Pat if you get on her good side and currently have little against Alessandra either. If they told me it was raining, I'd still double check though lol.

Edit: Astrid is still the most logical choice.

Last edited:

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Edit: Astrid is still the most logical choice.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that option too. Astrid may have been removed from the Board because of her then incurable illness, then put into cryostasis, but now, as we know, there's a good chance she'll finally heal (hopefully Seth will survive all this too). Astrid simply returns to her former (and rightful) place.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
A few observations, if I may... First, this debate about who the mystery 7th board member is(?), is almost as entertaining as the story itself... almost. Second, you guys are pretty good at staying on track. I've only had a hard time remembering what the debate is actually about a couple of times. :oops: Third, I have absolutely NO idea who it might be; for all I know it could be Cole... wait, cou... Nah! Fourth, I feel certain it's not Alexander Karlsson. I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Hold on! News flash! I've just been informed that the debate is actually about who the only male to make Z rank (starting from K nothin') in the history of the Karlsson Gambit is. Well, shit. When did this happen? What? That's what it's always been about? Second, you guys are pretty good at staying on track. :whistle:

OK. I'm gonna double down on this one. I am still certain it's not Alexander Karlsson... yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I'm also sure it's not Cole... wait, it coul... Nah!

Oh well, just shows how little I know but, keep up the good work guys. My morning routine has become coffee and "The Great Gambit Debate". At this point I don't know what I would do without it. There would definitely be some level of withdrawal. Jus' Sayin' :cool:

Mar 11, 2023
I thought it was heavily implied in the game that the 7th member is Cole. He knocked up Callista, Alexander's big love, and got himself banished for it. But since he is the best biologist on the planet it would be a waste to 'dispose' of him, so to the South Pole off he goes. But it is still rightfully his seat. No way Astrid is on the board, I don't buy it at all.

And Alexander is dead, unless he isn't. Imagine that - he was put in some cryo-sleep chamber and will wake up when the Gambit is over or close to being over to see the results. Boom, mind blown!

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I thought it was heavily implied in the game that the 7th member is Cole. He knocked up Callista, Alexander's big love, and got himself banished for it. But since he is the best biologist on the planet it would be a waste to 'dispose' of him, so to the South Pole off he goes. But it is still rightfully his seat. No way Astrid is on the board, I don't buy it at all.

And Alexander is dead, unless he isn't. Imagine that - he was put in some cryo-sleep chamber and will wake up when the Gambit is over or close to being over to see the results. Boom, mind blown!
you just hear dad gonna kill me by Richard Thompson started playing then he does the Vince McMahon walk into the room and shouts You are all fired in Vinc's voice then walks out of the room

• Haha
Reactions: motseer

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, I'm leaning towards that option too. Astrid may have been removed from the Board because of her then incurable illness, then put into cryostasis, but now, as we know, there's a good chance she'll finally heal (hopefully Seth will survive all this too). Astrid simply returns to her former (and rightful) place.
Yeah the clincher there for me is early(ish) on when Olivia actually goes to the board meeting and it is mentioned there is an empty chair. she asks who's it is and is deflected...that the person is unavailable at the moment (or words to that effect without looking at the script). At this point, we had not heard of Astrid, knew there was another sister, or where this person may be.

Surely, if we are looking at things from a logical perspective, in terms of the story we have...the fifth sister would have a board position...or am I just adding two and three and getting thirty two? Maybe the answer is actually too obvious in reality.

A few observations, if I may... First, this debate about who the mystery 7th board member is(?), is almost as entertaining as the story itself... almost. Second, you guys are pretty good at staying on track. I've only had a hard time remembering what the debate is actually about a couple of times. :oops: Third, I have absolutely NO idea who it might be; for all I know it could be Cole... wait, cou... Nah! Fourth, I feel certain it's not Alexander Karlsson. I'm pretty sure he's dead.

Hold on! News flash! I've just been informed that the debate is actually about who the only male to make Z rank (starting from K nothin') in the history of the Karlsson Gambit is. Well, shit. When did this happen? What? That's what it's always been about? Second, you guys are pretty good at staying on track. :whistle:

OK. I'm gonna double down on this one. I am still certain it's not Alexander Karlsson... yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I'm also sure it's not Cole... wait, it coul... Nah!

Oh well, just shows how little I know but, keep up the good work guys. My morning routine has become coffee and "The Great Gambit Debate". At this point I don't know what I would do without it. There would definitely be some level of withdrawal. Jus' Sayin' :cool:
HAHAHAHAH mots!

Yes....the discussion went from seventh board member....to who this mysterious male is that got on the board....to the two topics actually being one and the same question lol.

I suppose now, the next inevitible and obvious question is, assuming my own theories being correct that Astrid is the seventh board member, Alexander did not participate in a similar reeducation facility for a similar company (find that theory far-fetched personally, as much as taking part in his own program in his own company)...

Then what happened to this mystery participant that made board level? The sisters 'remove' him by having a 'little' chat down a dark alley? He moved on? They gave him some more eggnog and left him for dead in the middle of nowhere? (props if get that ref)....

Or, as I made mention of earlier...it's just Alessandra and Pat fucking with you...or giving you the incentive to pull up your big boy pants (not that I'm sure why Alessandra would actually want you to do well...unless she eying you both as a power couple perhaps)?

Questions questions, questions....

If was Cole...no one would know except Dominique. From memory IIRC, when Olivia asks about/notices the empty seventh chair, I get the impression at least two or more people there know where themissing person is. This would direct away from Cole and lead again to Astrid (who I think it's safe to assume...all board members (certainly all the sisters) are aware of where she is). Cole also started the company with others. Why would he still be a board member twenty or so years after leaving? You're telling me Alexander and/or the sisters ciouldn't find someone else in all the time he been gone? I find that difficult to believe.

As for the big old bad boy Alexander, I've thought to myself on more than one ocassion that he might not actually be dead....you could be onto something there. Not sure about the cryo (because he then would not be in control)...but faking his death? Sounds like the kinda thing he'd do in my opinion, I'm sure he'd take great pleasure in watching everyone try and screw each other over lol.

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
doubt it. late january at best

I cant see Astrid being the 7th member. Veronica pretty much implied that Alexander disliked Astrid and since they've followed all of his other instructions, I cant see them defying him on this part

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
doubt it. late january at best

I cant see Astrid being the 7th member. Veronica pretty much implied that Alexander disliked Astrid and since they've followed all of his other instructions, I cant see them defying him on this part
Being a board member, disliking said board member...are not mutually exclusive you understand? Board members are voted in usually...Alexander might have wished for her to be dropped into a vat of sharks....if enough voted for her to be on...

Again, think logically, not how your opinion wishes you to...every sister (Olivia aside) is on the board, along with a mother and an ex lover. Olivia only has a chance due to her mother resigning. Oftentimes, the simplest answer and solution is the right one. That Alexander disliked her (apparently, again, no actual facts to support that) has little to do with whether someone would be on the board and can do a job or not. That's not how business works.

Again I could be way off base...but following logic, how the company is set up, current board members and actual facts within the story....I think trying to think out of the box at the moment is getting ahead of ourselves and theory crafting purely for the sake of it. There's really no evidence (or dialogue from a character) to suggest and/or support otherwise.

• Red Heart

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Being a board member, disliking said board member...are not mutually exclusive you understand? Board members are voted in usually...Alexander might have wished for her to be dropped into a vat of sharks....if enough voted for her to be on...
Just a minor point - the members of the board of directors are usually selected by the shareholders - we have no real idea of what the ownership structure of the Karlsson Group looks like. Does Alexander have a controlling interest of the voting shares? (Or is it just fully owned by him to begin with?) Do the other founding members have equal parts of the shares?

If he has a controlling interest, there's nothing stopping him from removing a board member because he doesn't like them - or because he flipped a coin. Might not be good business, but so what? It's not like someone is gonna sue him because he's harming smaller shareholders irresponsibly, or that the setting will have laws that require that some of the board members are elected by the workers.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just a minor point - the members of the board of directors are usually selected by the shareholders - we have no real idea of what the ownership structure of the Karlsson Group looks like. Does Alexander have a controlling interest of the voting shares? (Or is it just fully owned by him to begin with?) Do the other founding members have equal parts of the shares?

If he has a controlling interest, there's nothing stopping him from removing a board member because he doesn't like them - or because he flipped a coin. Might not be good business, but so what? It's not like someone is gonna sue him because he's harming smaller shareholders irresponsibly, or that the setting will have laws that require that some of the board members are elected by the workers.
Definitely fair points Kag.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021

Again, think logically, not how your opinion wishes you to...every sister (Olivia aside) is on the board, along with a mother and an ex lover. Olivia only has a chance due to her mother resigning. Oftentimes, the simplest answer and solution is the right one. That Alexander disliked her (apparently, again, no actual facts to support that) has little to do with whether someone would be on the board and can do a job or not. That's not how business works.

Again I could be way off base...but following logic, how the company is set up, current board members and actual facts within the story....I think trying to think out of the box at the moment is getting ahead of ourselves and theory crafting purely for the sake of it. There's really no evidence (or dialogue from a character) to suggest and/or support otherwise.
I legit don't have a dog in this fight.
It just seems that not only does Alexander not like her, but that she wants nothing to do with the gambit. Feels like if she was a member that they would've just told Olivia that, whoever lucky number seven is is likely somebody who's meant to be kept secret until the time of the gambit.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Off topic… but Since I’m the only sub player on this forum… I wanted to discuss Delilah and the Decocks….

I Know we've talked about it before... but I do think Delilah is going to be one of the most important characters in the gameshow... From the previews, it does seem like she's more interactive with sub Kane... Yes, she's one of the girls in charge of kanes pod, but who does she really align with truly? She's both in the Vipers and almost in the inner circle of Juliettes "Team"... but we know the Decock's (Cynthia) is using her to gather information on the Karlsson sisters and Kane… Furthermore , she has no problem doing... "Activities" with Kane, unlike Nadia (so far, it may change in the future..)... Either way, I'm going to go through KG again with a more focused eye, to see more hints...

interesting Notes... because Cynthia has to know about Delilahs activities if Kane's a sub, since Cynthia witnessed what was going on in that one colored room... So does Cynthia restrict Delilah just from straight intercourse? with both dom/sub Kane... Delilah lied in front of both Cynthia and Nadia... and Nadia also witnessed Delilah preform those "activities" with sub Kane with Alessandra in that other colored room when Kane was in the Gibbet cage... and Elena was trying to convince Nadia it was part of the process and to accept kane if he wants that... Tho I would Think Nadia well definitly talk to Kane at some point alone in both sub and dom path because I feel like she values him more than what we think

Yeah Nadia seems to be Sadistic, but to a point, not with kane... it could change in the future but since Miss Tess didn't really mention her having a route, so I Think Delilah will get that opportunity with Kane since she's getting a route... We'll have to see how that goes, there's a reason why Miss Tess showed off Nadia's hacking abilities...

I can totally see a path where Nadia or the Decocks in general might try and save you from the Karlssons but then again Delilah is fine with Sub Kane… idk but I feel like Nadia or Cynthia might try and do something to help Kane during the gameshow… maybe Delilah is just showing face to the Karlssons.. because she’s not afraid to get her hands dirty with her own family unlike Nadia…

Finally… I agree with you that Kane can rise in his statues (this scene happens when he’s on the sub path), and I also think that the Decocks won’t sit around and leave Kane by himself… I think either Cynthia will use Delilah to take Kane back to the Decocks if he’s. Sub (Maybe Nadia will assist to help..) and for Kate dom, he has a higher chance of setting up meeting with either Cynthia and or Nadia

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes