Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It's got a few minor tweaks to go still, but yeah, hope to release it ASAP.

Few minor notes for the WT:

Many choice flags in 0.3 do not impact 0.3 but later, so keep that in mind. Even a choice way back in 0.1 which I have not used yet again is a choice flag for 0.8 as an example. But, most of these choices so far are about flavor/scenes and very few are impacting ending tracks. As of 0.3, I think there are only three direct choices so far that impact the huge choices available in 0.8 which really do track you towards one direction at the expense of some others.

There is a difference between normal +/- points on a character versus +/- scale/s (will say S in walkthrough)

Normal points are their general feelings towards a character, while scale is more how dom/sub they are in relation to character. So you could in theory be very dominant towards one female, but very submissive towards another independent of how they like/dislike you, etc.
I love what you are doing with the game. Specially that decisions are morally ambiguous.

I am a bit concern, though, about too many variables and the curse of dimensionality biting you back. Are you keeping track of how large the game tree come become with so many variables? or are these just small variations for very few, specific routs? Seems like things can explode quite fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I love what you are doing with the game. Specially that decisions are morally ambiguous.

I am a bit concern, though, about too many variables and the curse of dimentionality biting you back. Are you keeping track of how large the game tree come become with so many variables? or are these just small variations for very few, specific routs? Seems like things can explode quite fast.
Hi Ayhsel,

The choices will be a bit cumbersome for me as a dev in especially 0.6 and 0.7, but I am going to narrow it way down to specific tracks for 0.8 (End of Act 2) and a lot of those variables will be gone for new ones in Act 3. A lot of choices are also "flavor" tree branch experiences that end up putting you back on the main tree trunk so to speak. There is no way I can for example create entire plots with totally independent scenes for each woman entirely, so you have to have side scenes with them but branch them back to the main story, etc. I have actually already branched out every major decision and where it leads for the entire game, it narrows a lot in 0.8 but then I am writing independent tracks from 0.8 on too, so easier on choices but a little longer on tracks.

I'm learning a lot as a newbie dev and definitely will apply this a little better with the next project...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Hi Ayhsel,

The choices will be a bit cumbersome for me as a dev in especially 0.6 and 0.7, but I am going to narrow it way down to specific tracks for 0.8 (End of Act 2) and a lot of those variables will be gone for new ones in Act 3. A lot of choices are also "flavor" tree branch experiences that end up putting you back on the main tree trunk so to speak. There is no way I can for example create entire plots with totally independent scenes for each woman entirely, so you have to have side scenes with them but branch them back to the main story, etc. I have actually already branched out every major decision and where it leads for the entire game, it narrows a lot in 0.8 but then I am writing independent tracks from 0.8 on too, so easier on choices but a little longer on tracks.

I'm learning a lot as a newbie dev and definitely will apply this a little better with the next project...
Well it sounds like you have at least figured out the main part. Those are great news, it is easy to underestimate how fast a game tree can grow and without realizing you end up with something unmanageable.

Best wishes and keep up the great work!!

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Karlsson's Gambit [v0.3A] Grym Gudinna Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.26 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.24 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 509 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 492 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's got a few minor tweaks to go still, but yeah, hope to release it ASAP.

Few minor notes for the WT:

Many choice flags in 0.3 do not impact 0.3 but later, so keep that in mind. Even a choice way back in 0.1 which I have not used yet again is a choice flag for 0.8 as an example. But, most of these choices so far are about flavor/scenes and very few are impacting ending tracks. As of 0.3, I think there are only three direct choices so far that impact the huge choices available in 0.8 which really do track you towards one direction at the expense of some others.

There is a difference between normal +/- points on a character versus +/- scale/s (will say S in walkthrough)

Normal points are their general feelings towards a character, while scale is more how dom/sub they are in relation to character. So you could in theory be very dominant towards one female, but very submissive towards another independent of how they like/dislike you, etc.
The walkthrough has been updated and is linked to the OP with the minor corrections. Variables appearing in v0.3 that do not impact v0.3 will be obvious because there is not a choice in 0.3 they impact. As far as WHAT they impact in v0.4 foward we will find out then, only you know that ;). However, this has been noted on the WT post here and on my Patreon per the Mistress's request.

Last edited:

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Ayhsel,

this here is so awesome to see that you have thought of that ahead of time and planned it out. i cannot tell you how many devs i have seen that just lose their shit or abandon ship once the "real choices" they put in start to spiral out of control, or suddenly the fan response turns negative once the "my branch didn't get any love this update"s start.

i'm a little bit of a math guy, i do valuations, risk projections, probability modeling. most people just simply don't understand the implications once "real choices" start. there's a reason why so many professional games are "on rails" even with whole development teams. i greatly prefer your approach, some choices, some variation, some flavor, but always and eventually here is the story. =)

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I know the dev said that later you can work up to be a dom instead of a sub so when will that be implemented? I'm not into femdom so I've been putting the game off till then.
You can play the main MC as a temporarily inconvenienced dominant sadist if you wish: He's not in control of his entire fate, but he can exert some control over his surroundings and his peers. Or you can go full sub or dominant-but-nice or something in between if you prefer.

The only thing that kills this game for me is the multiple protagonists: To me it kicks any attempt at roleplay in the teeth when every so often you're asked to control the first MC's sister or brother and their emotions and decisions. But there's still a lot to admire here despite that. (Also I can't keep track of the characters but that's just me being bad at faces/names.)

Reactions: bottomfeeder

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know the dev said that later you can work up to be a dom instead of a sub so when will that be implemented? I'm not into femdom so I've been putting the game off till then.
Won't be for a while yet and I doubt you'll be able to completely avoid the dominant women.

It's kinda the running theme.

Reactions: bottomfeeder

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
As a dom route you have almost zero femdom experiences forced on to you. For example in the testing scenario if you are a sub route get your ball busted and humiliated. If you are a dom and make a deal the prison guard doesn't bust your balls instead everyone has their eyes closed and she gives you a light slap you and you fake the scene. Then you fuck her as you watch the two other prisoners get pain shocked.

That said you will still see a lot of femdom scenes on the route, it just won't you that is being dominated. It will be other unfortunate souls and you can even make it worse for them depending on your choices.

You'll also have to be wise as to who you can push your luck with - but yeah depending on how you play your cards you won't get abused much at all.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
As a dom route you have almost zero femdom experiences forced on to you. For example in the testing scenario if you are a sub route get your ball busted and humiliated. If you are a dom and make a deal the prison guard doesn't bust your balls instead everyone has their eyes closed and she gives you a light slap you and you fake the scene. Then you fuck her as you watch the two other prisoners get pain shocked.

That said you will still see a lot of femdom scenes on the route, it just won't you that is being dominated. It will be other unfortunate souls and you can even make it worse for them depending on your choices.

You'll also have to be wise as to who you can push your luck with - but yeah depending on how you play your cards you won't get abused much at all.
Very well stated

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Dangit, ah well, hope everyone enjoys it! I was hoping to update the 0.3Final this Friday, but I think I can't update the game now since it's already been updated. (I think there is a week rule)

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Okay, I see 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian' tags grouped together, yet the main character is male.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes