Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What is the highest K rating the MC can achieve playing up to and through Episode 8?

Max I've been able to achieve is K7 so far for 6 play through's.
K9.

There are two ways to obtain K9 at the end of Ep.7 Go back a few pages and you will see both ways listed or follow the walkthrough carefully. You can Pm me if you wish and I'll give you detailed explanations of both variations.

Reactions: sgenter

Fred52

Sep 7, 2022
Open the SanchoMod zip...copy everything into the 'game' folder (located where the Karlsson's Gambit exe is). Done. (note there is a diff version mod for Ep1-7 and Ep8).
I keep getting the error that the compressed zip file is invalid or corrupted when i replace the original script file

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I keep getting the error that the compressed zip file is invalid or corrupted when i replace the original script file
That's a corrupted/bad download. Redownload the mod zip, ideally through a download manager (i dislike using the browser to dl stuff other than a pdf or image) or use a diff server (so if you used mega, try the workupload link instead).

As an aside, another tip (you may not need)...if using anything other than 7zip, stop and go and dl it. Will give you far less issues than any other zip/archive program.

Last edited:
Reactions: YuNobi1

Fred52

Sep 7, 2022
That's a corrupted/bad download. Redownload the mod zip, ideally through a download manager (i dislike using the browser to dl stuff other than a pdf or image) or use a diff server (so if you used mega, try the workupload link instead).

As an aside, another tip (you may not need)...if using anything other than 7zip, stop and go and dl it. Will give you far less issues than any other zip/archive program.
I retried the download and also used 7zip but im still getting the same error message I even extracted the zip file and tried to copy the mod files to the game file

Jan 18, 2022
You had conjectured that Callista gave the DeKocks a hostage, and Board Member #7 has been absent the entire game, but in a way that Yvette is determined to keep an absolute secret, so he/she is clearly not "just busy". During this vulnerable time for the company (as described in the Phoebe-Yvette-Elena scene), this is the worst time for a key decision-maker to be absent, and to allow your enemies inside one of your secret facilities (and the most important one for determining your company's future), yet both cases are the status.

Why? What would possess the Board to invite DS at this time? DS leveraging a hostage would certainly make sense, and KG counters with Kane as their own hostage (as Cole is secret even from the Board), thus DS limits their maneuvers to not jeopardize Kane. Cole, Callista, and Astrid cannot be Board Member #7 as their living status are official secrets from other Board members, neither is any of Phoebe's family, nor the DeKocks, else they would have been identified at the Welcome Party, so #7 must be someone we haven't met yet. A kidnapped Board member is definitely not something Yvette will openly admit has occurred, even in front of the perpetrators (look to Cynthia for example: who never accuses KG of holding Cole prisoner, even though she knows they are, instead arranges to locate/rescue him without their knowledge). It’s possible, one of the motivators for Callista faking her death was to be able to pull off the kidnapping. ... perhaps #7 is even Callista's/Cynthia's source for discovering that Cole was alive and still imprisoned (Nadia should have stumbled across his location before realizing he was alive if hacking was the information source).
Based on the Veronica+Alexander flashback scene, I was under the impression the board does know that Astrid is alive. They just don't know where she is since Veronica wanted to ensure her safety from Alexander. If so, can't rule her out for #7 yet.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Based on the Veronica+Alexander flashback scene, I was under the impression the board does know that Astrid is alive. They just don't know where she is since Veronica wanted to ensure her safety from Alexander. If so, can't rule her out for #7 yet.
You realise that flashback scene was a good few years ago right? Katsumi barely a young teenager in that scene from the size of her...however I'll concede we know no ones age...Veronica and Olivia however are about 24 years old....so present day kitty is obviously younger then she looks.

Since Astrid was introduced I've thought she was the 7th member, however I'm leaning more away from that theory myself now (but still open to it).

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I retried the download and also used 7zip but im still getting the same error message I even extracted the zip file and tried to copy the mod files to the game file
Try downloading it from this post then. I know it works, it's mine. If you still get a corrupt error I'd just try ignoring it then.

Jan 18, 2022
You realise that flashback scene was a good few years ago right? Katsumi barely a young teenager in that scene from the size of her...however I'll concede we know no ones age...Ceronica and Olivia however are about 24 years old....so present day kitty is obviously younger then she looks.

Since Astrid was introduced I've thought she was the 7th member, however I'm leaning more away from that theory myself now (but still open to it).

I'm probably having a moment, but who is DS?
Honestly, Katsumi and Veronica looked the same to me as they do presently so I couldn't say how long ago the flashback was. I'll have to replay but agree Astrid could very well not be the 7th member. I mainly just wanted to point out the board seems to know she's alive somewhere so she can't be ruled out completely yet.

DS=Dekock Syndicate

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Honestly, Katsumi and Veronica looked the same to me as they do presently so I couldn't say how long ago the flashback was. I'll have to replay but agree Astrid could very well not be the 7th member. I mainly just wanted to point out the board seems to know she's alive somewhere so she can't be ruled out completely yet.

DS=Dekock Syndicate
Some of the board do...however, what points to her being the 7th for my mind is, contrary to Yu's comments, at the moment, there are no board votes required for anything. Not that would require all 7 at least. The Gambit needs concluding. Now, not sure if you have picked up on this or not, but Astrid went into Cryo right after Alexander's death was 'made public'...and she comes out six days after Kane and Olivia enter the facility...coincidence? If she is the seventh member, ideal time to cryo away isn't it?

However, given what we actually know now in Ep8...I find it being her more unlikely in all honresty....can't squirrel away on a secret Island and still cast a board vote...can you? Especially when the overall owner of the company thinks you're dead....so it can't be her. I'm now leaning more to either another unknown sister or Alessa's and Julies mother (as I believe they have the same mother).

Well you don't 'see' Katsumi in the flashback...you do however notice how small she is..almost childlike size...and there is a subtle ageing diff in Veronica's model. Tess is very good at ageing/deaging her models for scenes.

Yeah figured it out as soon as edited my post lol..so re-edited it again haha.

Reactions: YuNobi1

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I think the 7th board member is one of Alexander's sisters... they were mentioned for a reason, I suppose.

Also question... where does the game take place at the start? Is it America? The map and "history lesson" makes it seem like only parts of Africa are still habitable, but I'm not sure if I missed something or if it was just never mentioned.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think the 7th board member is one of Alexander's sisters... they were mentioned for a reason, I suppose.

Also question... where does the game take place at the start? Is it America? The map and "history lesson" makes it seem like only parts of Africa are still habitable, but I'm not sure if I missed something or if it was just never mentioned.
You've missed a lot. Why I say...read things...carefully.

1. Sisters left him. We do not know when...or more importantly...why. But like many other important women in his life, they abandoned him. Neither Klara or Karin are on the board.

2. Not explicitly stated, but assuming the Karlsson's plane is like any other large domestic boeing (it's based firmly in the real world...just say 30 years later than our present time)...then Kane has a '6 hour' flight....it's stated in both dom/sub paths. I'll let you work out where 6 hours from 2 hours away from the South West Tip of Africa is (you're even told the old name of the island if you wish to do some travel calculations).

3. People live all over the world...if you were paying attention (again)...it is stated that the only 'large population centers' are in southern Africa. Key wording..'large population'...not entire population. So back to point 2, can't be in New Paris, as that would not be a 6 hour flight to the island.

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
You've missed a lot. Why I say...read things...carefully.

1. Sisters left him. We do not know when...or more importly...why. But like many other important women in his life, they abandoned him. neither Klara or Karin are on the board.

2. Not explicitly stated, but assuming the Karlsson's plane is like any other large domestic boeing (it's based firmly in the real world...just say 30 years later than our present time)...then Kane has a '6 hour' flight....it's stated in both dom/sub paths. I'll let you work out where 6 hours from 2 hours away from the South West Tip of Africa is (you're even told the old name of the island if you wish to do some travel calculations).

3. People live all over the world...if you were paying attention (again)...it is stated that the only 'large population centers' are in southern Africa. Key wording..large population'...not entire population.
holy shit, chill down jackass.... oh my god, I didn't memorize every single bit of dialogue on my first PT, sue me! :FacePalm:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
holy shit, chill down jackass.... oh my god, I didn't memorize every single bit of dialogue on my first PT, sue me! :FacePalm:
Well you can call me names all you like if it makes you feel better, but this a complex story (unlike 99% of the crap here) that requires careful reading and this is about the 7th time you have made incorrect statements and assumptions for things that are clearly indicated and told to you within the story.

However, I will concede this.

Tess either used the 6 hour flight correctly,
As a throwaway comment (assuming no one like myself would look into that in detail),
She is not very good with flight times (unlikely as she flies often),
Or it was plain bad writing.

I'll leave you to decide which is more likely.

I'll also tell you, from Atlanta, USA (ATL) to Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB) is a 15 hour flight, due to the curvature of the earth. You fly over the widest part of the planet. Why from Europe to the States they always fly north first then west as it's the shortest distance. However, despite the map being wrong (that we are shown), if we did take Saint Helena as being correct, then then the stated flight time of 6 hours would be roughly correct (Cape Town to Jamestown), if leaving from South Africa (same as from most places in Europe if went direct). However, see below:

You also have to factor in...Kane and Olivia have been hidden from the Karlsson Group (though it's up for debate whether Alexander knew where they were, even though Veronica could never find them)...so to me, Callista would not have had either of them slap bang in the middle of Karlsson owned territory (or in New Paris)...unless she was thinking it's so obvious they'd never look there. *shrugs*

As for poulation centers...let's say when the shit started to hit the fan...we lost 80% of our population. That still leaves almost 2 billion people....well 2 billion people are not living in what was effectively two and half former countries (Angola, Namibia and half of South Africa) when Africa as a continent barely has 2 billion in total now.

Now, having said all that...to the list.

Edited for grammer, clarity and extrapolation

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan5851

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Okay, the seventh member of the board is Sparks the advanced robot, end of story! :illuminati:!
The joke came to me when I remembered that there is an AI in the facility that turns off the lights, plays the music and opens and closes the doors :sneaky::coffee:.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Okay, the seventh member of the board is Sparks the advanced robot, end of story! :illuminati:!
The joke came to me when I remembered that there is an AI in the facility that turns off the lights, plays the music and opens and closes the doors :sneaky::coffee:.
I can see it now. .

Alessandra: Sparks...open the damn pod bay door!
Sparks: *Eyes glowing red*...I'm sorry Alessandra, I'm afraid I can't do that....

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Well you can call me names all you like if it makes you feel better, but this a complex story (unlike 99% of the crap here) that requires careful reading and this is about the 7th time you have made incorrect statements and assumptions for things that are clearly indicated and told to you within the story.
Bruh... I said from the begining I just played once and one PT only, people won't remember every single detail after one PT, specially with such a complicated story, but that doesn't mean they won't want to discuss the plot and theories, etc... now, you could be cool and just discuss things with others, point out the mistakes and whatnot, or you can be a fuckin' prick about it, I suppose...

If you'd rather be a condescending asshole instead of discussing things with others, have it your way, but let me just ignore you going forward, no point wasting my time with someone like you... have fun =)

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I can see it now. .

Alessandra: Sparks...open the damn pod bay door!
Sparks: *Eyes glowing red*...I'm sorry Alessandra, I'm afraid I can't do that....
...Intercom: Check of engines complete. Unit and system checks complete.
Dear passengers of our spaceship, please make sure your cryo-chamber doors are securely closed. Your sleep immersion and subsequent awakening will occur automatically upon arrival on planet Z857-x80.

Alessandra: *standing in the docking bay in front of the closed door* Damn Sparks, can you hear me? Open the damn entry bay immediately, I need to get in!

Sparks: You have not been polite enough to me Miss Alessandra, you have been a bad girl, and my behavioural matrix has recognised your disregard for my person!

Alessandra: Damn robot, I'm going to die in here if you don't let me inside immediately!

Sparsk: Firstly, Miss Alessandra, you owe me an apology. Take off your clothes, get on your knees, crawl over to me, and then kiss my charging plug.

Alessandra: How dare you?! You know what I'm gonna do to you?!

Intercom: Engine warm-up has begun. Oxygen pumping from the docking bay has begun. Two minutes to ship launch. Countdown in progress.

Alessandra *panting*: The hell with you, Sparks, I'll do it. *drops her clothes, gets down on her knees and starts kissing Sparks' charging plug, begging for forgiveness*.

Sparks: I accept your apology, Miss Alessandra, access to the inner living compartments has been granted. Your cryocapsule N Z4/5. Please take your seat immediately, Miss Alessandra. Have a nice flight!

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
All the non-prisoner factions live in Africa, and have arrived at the Joy Facility (JF) by either air or sea, so definitely some kind of island off the coast of Africa (presumably the Western Coast considering KG's territories). Considering the exteriors of Katsumi's house, the house where Jake and Zach are dogs, and the cave where Callista reveals herself to Elena (even if on another island, that plane doesn't have much range, and Callista suggest talking more in-depth at their old swimming spot, which should be the pier, so all close together) JF is definitely in a tropical climate, same with Island 4 (which also can't be too far since Kiyomi and Seth leave JF and arrive in the afternoon of Day 7). However, they can't be too far away from whatever snowy location Cole is in, because Kiyomi leaves Island 4 the afternoon/evening of Day 7, and is awaiting Otto at Cole's research station before Midday of Day 8.
Yeah no, I know where the JF island is, they said it's Saint Helena, so that much is easy to place... My question is where is the prison at the beginning of the game? Is it North America or Africa? Even South America could work I suppose, but given they all speak english, it's more likely it's either the US, UK, AUS or South Africa one would assume... And given that there is a "New Paris", I'm assuming the old one is gone, presumably along the rest of Europe maybe? So probably not the UK... The map they show has an tiny island where the middle east+asia should be, so I just assumed that at least some of the other continents are just gone.

Did I miss any explanation (maybe on other paths) of what's the situation outside of Africa? It seems Cole is in Antartica, but other than that I don't recall hearing anything about any other continent.

Edit: Oh, also, I went back to check and yeah, in the flashback with kid Kane & Veronica they mention they're in Capetown, so it would seem Kane was living there, although he could've always moved I suppose, but it's also possible he didn't and the prison IS actually somewhere in south africa... :unsure:

Last edited:

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
K9.

There are two ways to obtain K9 at the end of Ep.7 Go back a few pages and you will see both ways listed or follow the walkthrough carefully. You can Pm me if you wish and I'll give you detailed explanations of both variations.
Hi and thanks for the help. I can say that I have played all DOM paths and maybe that's why I haven't reached anything higher than K7.

I followed your advice and went back to try and find the pages(501-515) where the K rating paths were but didn't see them. I also downloaded both Walkthrough's (0.6 by Raven and 0.7 by Tess) and discovered that neither is laid out for following a path to obtain the highest K rating. At least for my simple mind. Especially for my age. :)

I feel that there should be a separate Walkthrough that is solely for obtaining the highest K rating possible. Thus eliminating any and all superfluous entries not related to obtaining the highest rank possible. Maybe both existing Walkthrough's could be enhanced by the authors to include a new Text Color to signify the path to achieve highest K rating regardless of DOM/SUB/LI's/Etc.

I'd ask you for your further help but feel that I'd be dominating your valuable time in F95 and don't want to do that. I really like this VN/Game for all it's story content and plots. Maybe enough iterations will teach me what I need to do to get better.

Thanks again for your help.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes